User Panel

Keeping Georgia Secure! (Page 2 of 2)
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 1:21:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Oldgold:

QT in McDonough. Buccees, and about anyplace south of Forsyth. Dont stop anywhere below the Varsity until you get to McDonough.
View Quote

Skip the QT, hit The Varsity and get a frosted orange, some rings and a couple of slaw dogs.   Then stop at Buccees for a sliced brisket sandwhich.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 1:22:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By Levi24:

SOUTH GA Places right on I 75:

If you get hungry down in South GA.    We like Smok'n Pig BBQ - Exit 22 along I-75 in Georgia   (Valdosta)
                                                      For Mexican American....pretty fast and pretty good.... El Toreo.   Also Valdosta.

Huntin and Shooting Supply    ADEL Outfitters in Adel.    Just North of Valdosta.

Carroll's® Sausage & Country Store:     Ashburn Ga:     wife unit may like if you are traveling accompanied, so to speak.

View Quote

Smokin' Pig is a good option.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 1:57:37 PM EDT
[#3]

Regular black gnats. They don’t bite, but they worry visitors to death. Saw my first ones Friday.
View Quote

Best part about those is late July about, 96 deg. and getting one in your mouth and spitting the little bugger out. Then you look down and see 87,000 gnats swarming all over the cum on the tip of a dog's dick.    Good times.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 3:24:02 PM EDT
[#4]

If you get hungry down in South GA.    We like Smok'n Pig BBQ - Exit 22 along I-75 in Georgia   (Valdosta)
                                                      For Mexican American....pretty fast and pretty good.... El Toreo.   Also Valdosta.

Huntin and Shooting Supply    ADEL Outfitters in Adel.    Just North of Valdosta.

Carroll's® Sausage & Country Store:     Ashburn Ga:     wife unit may like if you are traveling accompanied, so to speak.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By eurotrash:
I’m driving through the entirety of Georgia today. Where should I stop?

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/563643/IMG_0872-3201010.png

@Levi24

Thanks! I’ll be at Smoking Pig around 4.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 10:48:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By centrarchidae:
Well, there are these people who post nothing but endless tiresome faggotry about traps. I can't imagine what they're like in person but don't want to move close enough to find out.
View Quote

Lol!!!
Because of the stupid 1996 law in your state that bans fur and recreational trapping, your state and land owners have to hire guys like me to come in and trap for the "ADC" exemption.
How does that make you feel that southerners and rural northerners do your dirty work?
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 10:50:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By memsu:
GA has fallen.

We've done several jobs in GA and I hated driving there. Too many damn people and many of them transplants.

Then you gave us Biden and 2 Democrat Senators.
View Quote

How has it fallen when our carry law went into effect before yours?
How how it's fallen when the Dems can't get anything passed statewide?
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 11:18:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 12:33:56 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Ambridge77:
Atlanta/Fulton County... uncheck.

Hot summers/high humidity... uncheck.

Georgia fruits (not the LGBTQ deviants)... check.

I'd have to live there before moving to GA.

Yellowjackets (the real ones, not the sports teams)... super uncheck.

View Quote

Fire Ants...super uncheck.  And I'm a GA native.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 12:45:56 AM EDT
[Last Edit: CoconutLaCroix] [#9]
Atlanta is going to end Georgia. Atlanta feels like a 3rd world country. The other parts of Georgia that still feel like America will also feel like Latin America or India in a few decades.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 1:03:53 AM EDT
[#10]

“Most Conservatives” from other states are more liberal than native Georgians.
View Quote

As long as it doesn’t affect their Medicare/Medicaid/WIC/EBT
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 1:54:39 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By D_J:

You misspelled chili dogs.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By D_J:
Originally Posted By ChuckcJax:

QT in McDonough. Buccees, and about anyplace south of Forsyth. Dont stop anywhere below the Varsity until you get to McDonough.

Skip the QT, hit The Varsity and get a frosted orange, some rings and a couple of slaw dogs.   Then stop at Buccees for a sliced brisket sandwhich.

You misspelled chili dogs.

The BBQ House or Fred's has way better dog than then Varsity.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 2:00:30 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By DDalton:
I take it that the film industry didn't follow through with their threats to leave GA? (What am I thinking of? Allstar baseball game or maybe voting laws, or maybe some tax incentives being done away with...that they were going to leave GA over?)
View Quote

Brian Kemp even mocked them for backing out on their threats. He called them C list celebrities!
Tell me how Georgia Republicans are spineless again?
The elephant cocks in Georgia pass all these conservative laws and then tell the Dems to lick the elephant semen off the assholes of the Dem's wives.
The Republicans here are anything but spineless and out laws prove it..
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 6:53:09 AM EDT
[#13]

View Quote

Exit 144…BUCCEES!!! You’ll need to stop there for gas since you can’t safely stop between Dalton and 144.

Have fun and enjoy your 30-40 min of self reflection as you sit, stopped in traffic, north of the McDonough exit.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 7:59:33 AM EDT
[#14]
Income tax?
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 8:26:29 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By AA717driver:

Exit 144…BUCCEES!!! You’ll need to stop there for gas since you can’t safely stop between Dalton and 144.

Have fun and enjoy your 30-40 min of self reflection as you sit, stopped in traffic, north of the McDonough exit.
View Quote

This man knows traffic!

McDonough BLOWS for traffic on 75 and there is no reason for it. 99.9% of the time there's no accident.

Leave it to the government to fuck up the Peach Pass and only have one lane going at any given time. They spent hundreds of millions to FIX the problem and it's still a problem. GDOT should be banished to McDonough for life.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 8:41:42 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By ROCK6:
As with almost every "mostly" red state, well, shit...every state has its share of fucking communist blue cities. GA has Atlanta and several surrounding areas that are either liberal and fucked up or crime-riddled liberal and fucked up.

I live outside of Augusta (about 30-40 miles) in a pretty rural, red county, but Georgia has its positives and negatives.

Yes, yellow jackets suck massive ass!

I'm originally from WA State, so it does take time to acclimate to the humidity. If you can't tolerate outdoors activities in it, this area of the country isn't for you.

Most frustrating shit, politically (other than Marxist democrats in general), is the good'ol boy shit. I wouldn't call most conservatives in GA RINOs, but there's a population of old-money politicians and they're only good when they're good, but they should never be trusted.

Hollywood cancer will eventually fuck most of GA up.

State taxes suck.

Cost of living is not bad outside of most larger city areas.

Mostly Pro-2A, or at least a long history and ability to keep the anti-2A communists at bay.

There are still some decent remote areas for outdoors stuff. Beaches aren't far (including FL). Good backpacking/camping. Good fishing, hunting, trapping.

Atlanta has its shitty spots, but they have a lot to offer when it comes to concerts and similar venues.

Great breweries

Awesome ARFCOM GAHTF range!

We may not retire in GA, but for now, it's been pretty decent with few complaints. I can easily say that having grown up in WA, lived in TX, KS, NC, VA, and wife's family in AL and FL.

ROCK6
View Quote

This is a very good summary, even with all the worts it’s not bad as other areas. Problem is the trend is not great. My immediate area is overgrown affecting quality of life, there’s no planning or thought to services and infrastructure. My local county will approve any building as long as it brings those sweet, sweet tax revenues in. Schools are good but overcrowded and getting worse plus it seems half of India is moving in.

My wife won’t entertain moving until our son is out of HS so I have another 5-6 years left before I can escape. Where is the question, personally I wouldn’t mind the coastal parts or to another state. The metro area is just too large and I fear it’s going to turn GA into the next Shitcago to IL and NYC to NY state.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 8:47:44 AM EDT
[#17]

View Quote

The Buc’ees in GA and keep on trucking. Adirsville, north of the metro area and Ft Valley, well south of the metro. Do not stop anywhere inside the perimeter (285.)
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 8:52:44 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By CoconutLaCroix:
Atlanta is going to end Georgia. Atlanta feels like a 3rd world country. The other parts of Georgia that still feel like America will also feel like Latin America or India in a few decades.
View Quote

Alpharetta certainly does
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 8:53:56 AM EDT
[#19]
LOL.

Nobody has ever had The Talk with you, have they?
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 8:59:04 AM EDT
[#20]
lolz myself & a few other arfcommers live in dekalb (work related) and others in fulton, etc. have friends all over.

it is what it is, otherwise great state.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 9:55:21 AM EDT
[#21]
Fanni Wilis Corruption!
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 9:59:36 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Strike6:

This man knows traffic!

McDonough BLOWS for traffic on 75 and there is no reason for it. 99.9% of the time there's no accident.

Leave it to the government to fuck up the Peach Pass and only have one lane going at any given time. They spent hundreds of millions to FIX the problem and it's still a problem. GDOT should be banished to McDonough for life.
View All Quotes

This man knows traffic!

The traffic through Henry County on I-75 fucking sucks
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 10:03:47 AM EDT
[#23]
As long as you’re in the gnat belt and below Atlanta you’re good.
Gnats and humidity keeps the liberals out of our neck of the woods….mostly.
View Quote

Yeah, the gnat line is real!
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 10:04:11 AM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By cda97:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By cda97:

This man knows traffic!

Shame there isn't a bypass around it
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 10:12:24 AM EDT
[#25]

I'm confused. Does that mean traps are gay or not?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Buzz69:
Well, there are these people who post nothing but endless tiresome faggotry about traps. I can't imagine what they're like in person but don't want to move close enough to find out.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/321676/IMG_0932-3201044.jpg

I'm confused. Does that mean traps are gay or not?

That sign was put up in the early to mid 70-s.  I was a teenager when it went up.  Pretty old picture.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 10:14:23 AM EDT
[#26]

Regular black gnats. They don't bite, but they worry visitors to death. Saw my first ones Friday.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Seneca-Cayuga:

Regular old gnats, or pecker gnats?

Regular black gnats. They don't bite, but they worry visitors to death. Saw my first ones Friday.
Just keep your pants unzipped and they'll stay out of your face.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 9:09:06 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By Ridgerunner9876:
LOL.

Nobody has ever had The Talk with you, have they?
View Quote

Does that mean me?
My dad once said if I bring home I'll be out of the Will.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 9:09:57 PM EDT
[#28]
all the new accounts after 2019 are just straight up fucking aids.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 9:13:11 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By crownvic96:
all the new accounts after 2019 are just straight up fucking aids.
View Quote

Don't trust em no further than you can throw em.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 9:13:56 PM EDT
[#30]
State income tax

Gonna be a no from me dawg.

Have been here ( GA) since February for work. If it wasn’t for state income tax, I would consider retiring here.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 9:34:52 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By Pawcatch:

Brian Kemp even mocked them for backing out on their threats. He called them C list celebrities!
Tell me how Georgia Republicans are spineless again?
The elephant cocks in Georgia pass all these conservative laws and then tell the Dems to lick the elephant semen off the assholes of the Dem's wives.
The Republicans here are anything but spineless and out laws prove it..
View Quote

Let me know when they prosecute the people in the below photo, ballot counting closed due to "water pipe busting" but and supposedly everyone left.....oh wait....

Link Posted: 5/1/2024 9:38:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: hicap] [#32]
ATL is becoming a war zone, lots of break ins, its not great downtown , gang activity, lot of illegals but they dont bother me

Link Posted: 5/1/2024 10:08:49 PM EDT
[#33]
It’s going to go to shit eventually, but so’s the whole country. Atlanta is a cancer, the state GOP is useless, only a matter of time before the state is run by a bunch of Fani Willis’s. Met Gov. Kemp at a campaign event, I honestly have no idea how someone climbs the rungs of politics in this state all the way to the governor’s mansion who inspires so little confidence and is such an uncharismatic individual.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 10:36:17 PM EDT
[#34]
I am just north of the gnat line and far enough south of ATL that I avoid the crowds and the crime.

I live in the sticks with no close neighbors near me and enjoy the peace

and quiet.  The only noise here is when I send a few down range on my modest gun range.

Yes, GA has issues like any state but there are a lot of very good people

in the peach state.

GO DAWGS

Link Posted: 5/1/2024 10:54:25 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 2:16:47 AM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By Tier1BeanCounter:
It’s going to go to shit eventually, but so’s the whole country. Atlanta is a cancer, the state GOP is useless, only a matter of time before the state is run by a bunch of Fani Willis’s. Met Gov. Kemp at a campaign event, I honestly have no idea how someone climbs the rungs of politics in this state all the way to the governor’s mansion who inspires so little confidence and is such an uncharismatic individual.
View Quote

Really? He has over 60 percent approval because he signs conservative bills not matter what Hollywood says. People like you ignored that he has signed every piece of conservative legislation that's reaches his desk, unlike Deal who vetoed campus carry the first time.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 2:18:28 AM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By Scoobysmak:

Let me know when they prosecute the people in the below photo, ballot counting closed due to "water pipe busting" but and supposedly everyone left.....oh wait....

https://media.11alive.com/assets/WXIA/images/41c2096d-0136-4a0c-a5ad-d848b03d69cf/41c2096d-0136-4a0c-a5ad-d848b03d69cf_1140x641.jpg
View Quote

Show me what crime was a Tually committed, not just a photo. Georgia Republicans don't back down to anymore,vand that includes Trump.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 2:27:27 AM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By hicap:
ATL is becoming a war zone, lots of break ins, its not great downtown , gang activity, lot of illegals but they dont bother me

View Quote

ATL proper has always had high crime, but the homicide rate per 100,000 people is not nearly as high as it was in the early 90s. I'm frankly tired of hearing this bs.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 2:39:14 AM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By Pawcatch:

ATL proper has always had high crime, but the homicide rate per 100,000 people is not nearly as high as it was in the early 90s. I'm frankly tired of hearing this bs.
View Quote
I haven't looked at the numbers, but I would guess Macon and Albany might be higher.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 3:28:42 AM EDT
[Last Edit: cyclone] [#40]
Originally Posted By Tier1BeanCounter:
View Quote

He is liked by those that matter and those who have money
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Keeping Georgia Secure! (Page 2 of 2)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top