Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 14
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 9:03:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By mooreshawnm:

Why would the Marshals be after a hood rat? How would a hood rat be capable of laying an ambushing getting three of them? I'll wait before passing judgment.
View Quote

US marshals run violent offender task forces all over the country. They're typically comprised of marshals, city, county, and maybe state and they're primary function is tracking and arresting violent offenders and high risk felons
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 9:05:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By Gloftoe:

I don't twitter.  But someone should "Shut up, cunt" at her.
View Quote

Pretty sure more than a few have done so. I haven't logged in but she won't get away without comments from the good side.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 9:05:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By MrWhite227D:

There are lots of “task forces”, most of which are DEA and FBI. I doubt you have much experience ‘first hand’ with any of them. Probably transporting for them…

Certainly not a USMS TF since you can’t even spell Marshal.
View Quote

If I recall correctly from his previous posts (if I’m thinking of the right guy) he was more likely a “transportee” than a transporter.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 9:06:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Odd, all the money spent on equipping LEOs.  Do they not learn to own the night and take perps in their beds?  Instead the broad daylight try to take a home, in a questionable community?  

That makes ZERO sense and I am not a door kicker and never will be.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 9:06:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Gopher:
They can't even wait till the reports are filed.

View Quote

If the suspect was firing from the rooftop, he likely had a "military-grade sniper rifle" or a "military-grade assault rifle"/

Likely with a "high capacity ammunition feeding device".

RIP to the fallen LEOs.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 9:07:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By macro:
I'm also going to say that the perp knew how to use a gun pretty damn well.  The average criminal isn't scoring that many hits. Not even with lucky shots. Whoever this guy was, it wasn't his first time on a two-way range. Thankfully it was his last.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By macro:
Originally Posted By HKocher:

I'd say that a guy that shot 8 LEOs is pretty serious.
I'm also going to say that the perp knew how to use a gun pretty damn well.  The average criminal isn't scoring that many hits. Not even with lucky shots. Whoever this guy was, it wasn't his first time on a two-way range. Thankfully it was his last.

But he was outside, their target, and got shot from inside the house. Their target didn't kill anyone is what we are hearing. I think we need to know why they were going after him with Marshall's and who the people inside are who were doing the shooting.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 9:08:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 9:09:20 PM EDT
[#8]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Gopher:
They can't even wait till the reports are filed.

I twatted:
It's just like you to dance on their graves to score useless political points.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 9:09:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By RattleCanAR:
Odd, all the money spent on equipping LEOs.  Do they not learn to own the night and take perps in their beds?  Instead the broad daylight try to take a home, in a questionable community?  

View Quote

Sounds like they saw him in the front yard. Sometimes you gotta take people when you can take them.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 9:16:14 PM EDT
[#10]

View Quote

Because that’s what they do all day long. They probably start out at 6 AM but have a list of 5+ targets they are looking for that day.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 9:18:59 PM EDT
[#11]

View Quote

Gtfo with that nonsense. Are we for no knock raids? How many innocents have been killed by those when they get inside the wrong house.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 9:19:49 PM EDT
[#12]

View Quote

More and more agencies are disallowing the service of arrest and/or search warrants at night or early in the morning due to the number of “thought they were home intruders” incidents in recent years.  I’ve even heard of judges only agreeing to sign off on some warrants under the condition they not be served after darkness falls.  I’ve had judges ask me more than once “what time of day will this be served?”  No idea if they would have denied the warrant if they didn’t like the answer.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 9:20:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: realwar] [#13]
Video shows chaotic scene outside E. Charlotte home where 3 US Marshals killed, 5 officers hurt

One of the comments from the video

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 9:24:00 PM EDT
[#14]

They mysteriously aren't releasing the info.  With that, you know the deal.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Rheinmetall792:
Have I missed the full names, faces, and backgrounds of the perps?

Silence is deafening isn’t it. One of the stranger phenomenon in clown world, saying nothing says it all.

Link Posted: 4/29/2024 9:25:47 PM EDT
[#15]
Someone had an ak
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 9:26:30 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Ivan1:

Gtfo with that nonsense. Are we for no knock raids? How many innocents have been killed by those when they get inside the wrong house.
View Quote

I have no idea.  I couldn’t even guess.  How many?
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 9:33:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HCM3156] [#17]
Originally Posted By defendtexas:

Evidently you aren't familiar with how it works.  The US Marshals Task Forces around the country consist of both deputy marshals and LEO from the local law enforcement agencies. Always.  That is why they call them a Task Force.  
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By staringback05:

The US Marshals task force has local Charlotte PD and other local agency cops on the task force.

I'm quite familiar with how it works. There have been situations, as with other federal agencies recently where they do not give the full scoop to the local LE and the local LE are ones that ended up deaded

Evidently you aren't familiar with how it works.  The US Marshals Task Forces around the country consist of both deputy marshals and LEO from the local law enforcement agencies. Always.  That is why they call them a Task Force.  

Defend Texas is correct

The U.S. Marshals Service (USMS) runs multiple fugitive / violent offender task forces across the United States.

The majority of task force members are not Deputy U.S. Marshals (DUSM), they are LE from other local, state and federal agencies who are assigned by their agencies as Task Force Officers (TFO). The State and local TFOs get federal authority via Deputation as Special Deputy U.S. Marshals (as do state/local TFOs on other federal task forces such as DEA and FBI task forces).

The USMS task forces target two types of fugitives:

- Fugitives with federal arrest warrants - these can be from any federal agency for any federal charge;

-State and local fugitives who are wanted for crimes of violence (including sex crimes), are gang members or wanted for gang related crimes; are wanted for weapons related offenses.

This is why you will see USMS task forces arresting state / local murder suspects etc.

Right now the only clear info is that multiple members of the USMS task force are dead.

DUSM and either 2 or 3 TFOs, and a number of Charlotte PD Officers were injured. Ive heard numbers ranging from 4 to 8 for CMPD.

My understanding is 3 died at the scene and 1 subsequently died in surgery. But again that info is unconfirmed.

There are various narratives floating around about what happened.

Situations like this are chaotic and it will likely be at least 24 hours until reliable information is available.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 9:35:44 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By ricky_45:
Someone had an ak
View Quote

Monday morning quarter backing here but ballistic shields would have helped a whole lot .
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 9:36:57 PM EDT
[#19]
Isn’t that NCpatrolAR’s area?  Does anyone know him outside of ARFCOM who can confirm he’s ok?  If he’s posted in this thread I missed it.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 9:39:55 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By Red96TransAm:
Isn’t that NCpatrolAR’s area?  Does anyone know him outside of ARFCOM who can confirm he’s ok?  If he’s posted in this thread I missed it.
View Quote

He’s good, he’s posted a couple times in this thread
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 9:45:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Red96TransAm] [#21]
Originally Posted By bg10:

View Quote

Good to hear.  I’m glad I just missed his posts and it wasn’t something more.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 9:47:03 PM EDT
[#22]
All of the streets in that area are named after places in Ireland . Ill bet it was nice once . My guess is illegal alien . I will also say dont worry about firearm confiscation, it aint gonna happen . They will run out of people willing to take them in a year , or less. Welcome to the shitshow.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 9:48:36 PM EDT
[#23]
4th officer died.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 9:49:08 PM EDT
[#24]

View All Quotes

Just got off work and heard the shitty news.  Didn’t think he was a current TFO but first thing that crossed my mind.  
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 9:49:15 PM EDT
[#25]

View All Quotes

Hearing is a "brutha".

Waiting on confirmation.
Mayor is blaming feds already. US Marshall service is pretty pissed.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 9:52:37 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By realwar:

I heard the n-word. Sounds bad.
View Quote

Apparently “they bussin”… Not sure what public transportation has to do with the shooting.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 9:53:48 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 9:56:15 PM EDT
[#28]
Sounds like the younger brother was providing over watch from a second story window and caught a bunch of them in the open?

Man that sucks.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 9:56:17 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By norseman1:

Hearing is a "brutha".

Waiting on confirmation.
View Quote

I’ll take a wild ass guess and say the only reason they needed to be there was because of some failing on the part of the Mayor and her cronies.

(I’m just assuming the mayor is a female democrat.  I might be wrong)
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 9:56:21 PM EDT
[#30]

Hearing is a "brutha".

Waiting on confirmation.
View All Quotes

Hearing is a "brutha".

Waiting on confirmation.

If true, fuck the Mayor. Today is not the day, at a minimum.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 9:56:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Robertpistol] [#31]
Editing this as the perp is now named and it's not Tyler, but was another one on the run.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 9:56:43 PM EDT
[#32]
I hope the rest survive and fully recover. I also hope to see some bans for the ACAB crowd.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 9:56:56 PM EDT
[#33]

View Quote

What, you think they do one a day? They do this stuff, and prep for it, all day long.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 9:56:56 PM EDT
[#34]
BIL went through FLETC with one of the deceased.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 9:59:35 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By Robertpistol:
From the tiny bit of info about the perp that is out now, his first name seems to be Tyler...and my assumption is that he is Tyler Hokes.

https://wpcdn.us-east-1.vip.tn-cloud.net/www.wccbcharlotte.com/content/uploads/2024/03/a/x/tyler-hokes-fugitive-extradition-other-state.jpeg

https://www.wccbcharlotte.com/2024/03/02/mecklenburg-county-mugshots-march-1st-5/tyler-hokes-fugitive-extradition-other-state/

He is on Charlotte's fugitive list as well, dated to early March of this year. I guess if I am right it explains why the media is not screaming "White male White male"! As they do when it's a WM..

RIP to the victims.
View Quote

A brief Google search indicates he's was a busy little bee.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 9:59:54 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By Jambalaya:

If the law followed the constitution, they wouldn't have even been there.
View Quote

How about if a piece of shit criminal wasn’t a piece of shit criminal they wouldn’t have been there. Don’t relinquish the criminal who elected to kill people over unconstitutional law. These are not mutually exclusive of each other.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 10:02:05 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By Lug1:
It's happening?
View Quote

Is what happening?

You were well aware at least three officers were shot at the time of this post.

Four have died.

Did it happen?
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 10:02:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Benchode] [#38]

View Quote

In some states it's policy that warrants aren't served before 6am with few exceptions. Most teams probably try to hit at 6:00:01 as much as possible, but in many areas teams have so many search warrants that they're doing jobs all day long, they can't all be done first thing.

Also gotta think the flipside of hitting in the middle of the night is the side effect of finding that person that's been waiting his whole life for a home invasion and thinks it's finally happening. Time of day probably doesn't matter a whole lot in terms of overall safety. The average dreg is awake in those 1-5 am hours anyway. It's not like they have a job.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 10:03:11 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By atavistic:

View All Quotes
From the tiny bit of info about the perp that is out now, his first name seems to be Tyler...and my assumption is that he is Tyler Hokes.

https://wpcdn.us-east-1.vip.tn-cloud.net/www.wccbcharlotte.com/content/uploads/2024/03/a/x/tyler-hokes-fugitive-extradition-other-state.jpeg

https://www.wccbcharlotte.com/2024/03/02/mecklenburg-county-mugshots-march-1st-5/tyler-hokes-fugitive-extradition-other-state/

He is on Charlotte's fugitive list as well, dated to early March of this year. I guess if I am right it explains why the media is not screaming "White male White male"! As they do when it's a WM..

RIP to the victims.

Yeah, yet another total loser who should have been in jail years ago but for "reasons" was given light sentences over and over again.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 10:05:38 PM EDT
[#40]

More and more agencies are disallowing the service of arrest and/or search warrants at night or early in the morning due to the number of “thought they were home intruders” incidents in recent years.  I’ve even heard of judges only agreeing to sign off on some warrants under the condition they not be served after darkness falls.  I’ve had judges ask me more than once “what time of day will this be served?”  No idea if they would have denied the warrant if they didn’t like the answer.
View Quote

This.

They'd MUCH rather take them at work or in their car. Going into structures brings too many problems, as evidenced here.
Once they had the subject of the search, they couldn't clear the building he came from.

Link Posted: 4/29/2024 10:06:05 PM EDT
[#41]
Back 2020, he had 16 weapons charges, murder, armed robbery, and appears to be implicated in a massive car theft operation in 2023. And that's not a complete list.

If he isn't involved in this, he still needs to under a jail for the rest of his life.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 10:07:06 PM EDT
[#42]

RIP to the victims.
View Quote

Impressive. In 2019 he was charged with first degree murder. Late last year he was named in an auto theft ring involving almost 60 felony charges.

Plenty of other info too.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 10:10:12 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 10:11:22 PM EDT
[#44]
Back 2020, he had 16 weapons charges, murder, armed robbery, and appears to be implicated in a massive car theft operation in 2023. And that's not a complete list.

If he isn't involved in this, he still needs to under a jail for the rest of his life.
View Quote

He never should have been out from under a jail.

Sad we have such cunty behavior from the ACAB squad.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 10:14:48 PM EDT
[#45]

View Quote

Ask your sheriff how many man-hours he donates to FBI led task forces.  When he answers, tell him zero is the only right answer.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 10:18:07 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By MrWhite227D:

There are lots of “task forces”, most of which are DEA and FBI. I doubt you have much experience ‘first hand’ with any of them. Probably transporting for them…

Certainly not a USMS TF since you can’t even spell Marshal.
View Quote

That's nice.  You presume to know me and my experiences based on a spelling mistake.  That's one sure fire way to spot a Fed - they make wild baseless accusations with zero evidence and can never be convinced otherwise even if you dump a mountain of contradictory evidence on their heads

I've never seen the DEA guys around here operate, or ATF, or any other Fed agency outside the 2 ones I named previously conduct themselves.  Try reading what I said again.  I commented on two groups I HAVE seen run ops, and the two I did observe ran their ops like ass.  I've also worked with local swat on numerous ops, and the difference is night and day between them and the two Fed ops I saw.

Link Posted: 4/29/2024 10:20:44 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 10:22:54 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 10:24:14 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By xciapup:

Ask your sheriff how many man-hours he donates to FBI led task forces.  When he answers, tell him zero is the only right answer.
View Quote

Who said they "donate" any hours?
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 10:25:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HKocher] [#50]
Originally Posted By Prime:

This.

They'd MUCH rather take them at work or in their car.
View Quote

At work? Lol.

In their car? Vehicle assaults are dangerous as hell, not to mention when they take off at 125mph and hit a van full of nuns.

There’s no perfect answer, it’s a dangerous job and either way things can go wrong and people will Monday morning quarterback it.
Page / 14
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top