Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 14
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 10:27:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Gopher] [#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By 15jonshoot:

Pretty sure more than a few have done so. I haven't logged in but she won't get away without comments from the good side.
View Quote

All of the anti-gun groups are getting hit pretty hard with facts that will not be acknowledged. Brady, Giffords, Everytown, and the dork who tries to pin every shooting on people in Constitutional carry states are getting hammered hard every day. What's amazing is they continue to post their unsupportable crap all day, every day.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 10:28:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By 170Driver:

I didn’t realize the area by the airport was so bad.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 170Driver:
Originally Posted By Jack19:
Southeast Charlotte is hanging on, but it's a lost cause.   Incident is where the hand is on the east side.

https://i.ibb.co/VjFfbBp/2024-04-29-17-49-29-Greenshot.png

I didn’t realize the area by the airport was so bad.

Everything west of Tryon to the river is all shitty and would not want to live there. IMHO.  

Thr older I get the less I enjoy being around this many people.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 10:28:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By d16man:

Shame we have liberal judges that let this kind of shit out of jail.
View Quote

Truth.  The woke shit is literally killing us.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 10:29:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Prime:

This.

They'd MUCH rather take them at work or in their car. Going into structures brings too many problems, as evidenced here.
Once they had the subject of the search, they couldn't clear the building he came from.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Red96TransAm:

More and more agencies are disallowing the service of arrest and/or search warrants at night or early in the morning due to the number of “thought they were home intruders” incidents in recent years.  I’ve even heard of judges only agreeing to sign off on some warrants under the condition they not be served after darkness falls.  I’ve had judges ask me more than once “what time of day will this be served?”  No idea if they would have denied the warrant if they didn’t like the answer.

This.

They'd MUCH rather take them at work or in their car. Going into structures brings too many problems, as evidenced here.
Once they had the subject of the search, they couldn't clear the building he came from.

Link Posted: 4/29/2024 10:29:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By tac556:

Well I have seen some questionable tactics at times from USMS, but they are far better than the other feds from what I have seen.  I just think USMS deals with serious bad guys enough that they sometimes normalize what other agencies might say “hang on a second” with…

But I have seen questionable stuff from everyone at times as well, so I won’t throw too many rocks.  Going after murderers, armed robbery suspects, and similarly dangerous folks day after day is hard.  If you do things perfectly safely every time, likely nothing will get done.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By tac556:
Originally Posted By The_Fly:

I've seen in person how both the local US Marshall Task Force and the FBI Safe Streets Task Force operate, and they're both tactical idiots.  Local LE swat teams are 500% more competent.

I suspect its a Fed mindset.  To be fair, I have NO clue if the guys in NC operate like the morons here do or not.

Well I have seen some questionable tactics at times from USMS, but they are far better than the other feds from what I have seen.  I just think USMS deals with serious bad guys enough that they sometimes normalize what other agencies might say “hang on a second” with…

But I have seen questionable stuff from everyone at times as well, so I won’t throw too many rocks.  Going after murderers, armed robbery suspects, and similarly dangerous folks day after day is hard.  If you do things perfectly safely every time, likely nothing will get done.

OP tempo is higher in some districts than others. Some teams have more reps than others. Could be part of the difference.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 10:32:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Lot of broken lives tonight.

4 lost. Probably dozens that will never recover from their loss. All because of 2 or 3 pieces of shit that we should have been strong enough to eradicate from our midst years ago. A sad night, of many sad nights.

Let's see how much worse politicians can make it.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 10:33:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: southlak9cop] [#7]
Originally Posted By xFOXHOUNDx:

But he was outside, their target, and got shot from inside the house. Their target didn't kill anyone is what we are hearing. I think we need to know why they were going after him with Marshall's and who the people inside are who were doing the shooting.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By xFOXHOUNDx:
Originally Posted By macro:
Originally Posted By HKocher:

I'd say that a guy that shot 8 LEOs is pretty serious.
I'm also going to say that the perp knew how to use a gun pretty damn well.  The average criminal isn't scoring that many hits. Not even with lucky shots. Whoever this guy was, it wasn't his first time on a two-way range. Thankfully it was his last.

But he was outside, their target, and got shot from inside the house. Their target didn't kill anyone is what we are hearing. I think we need to know why they were going after him with Marshall's and who the people inside are who were doing the shooting.

State felony is eligible to be pushed up to the USMS. This one was a felon in possession of a firearm. Easily within the scope of the USMS to work.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 10:36:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Ivan1:

Gtfo with that nonsense. Are we for no knock raids? How many innocents have been killed by those when they get inside the wrong house.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Ivan1:
Originally Posted By RattleCanAR:
Odd, all the money spent on equipping LEOs.  Do they not learn to own the night and take perps in their beds?  Instead the broad daylight try to take a home, in a questionable community?  

That makes ZERO sense and I am not a door kicker and never will be.

Gtfo with that nonsense. Are we for no knock raids? How many innocents have been killed by those when they get inside the wrong house.

Exactly. USMS goal is to clear an empty house after doing surround and call out to prevent those situations.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 10:38:50 PM EDT
[#9]

Charlotte is run by democrats
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Oldgold:
Originally Posted By Chokker:

I’m calling it now, a violent felon with a gun and the POS should have been in prison. Prayers to the Law Enforcement involved and their families.

And let out by a Liberal judge or parole board.

Charlotte is run by democrats

The sheriff is a real piece of work too. F him.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 10:38:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Pics of suspect ?

Name?

Why is it taking this long to get that info?
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 10:39:42 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By greenranger:
Pics of suspect ?

Name?

View Quote

It's already posted in the thread.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 10:39:57 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By cranberry1:

Monday morning quarter backing here but ballistic shields would have helped a whole lot .
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By cranberry1:
Originally Posted By ricky_45:
Someone had an ak

Monday morning quarter backing here but ballistic shields would have helped a whole lot .

Most ballistic shields you see in use are pistol caliber rated.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 10:42:01 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By thesilvercord:
4th officer died.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/327183/IMG_3266_jpeg-3201661.JPG
View Quote

That sucks. :-(
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 10:42:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Action45] [#14]
Originally Posted By atavistic:
Back 2020, he had 16 weapons charges, murder, armed robbery, and appears to be implicated in a massive car theft operation in 2023. And that's not a complete list.

If he isn't involved in this, he still needs to under a jail for the rest of his life.
View Quote

Sounds about right. They want more gun bans and gun laws that only impact us as law abiding citizens, but refuse to charge and prosecute these assholes with weapons offenses over & over again. Same old bullshit
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 10:43:59 PM EDT
[#15]

If true, fuck the Mayor. Today is not the day, at a minimum.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By norseman1:
Originally Posted By RattleCanAR:
Originally Posted By Rheinmetall792:
Have I missed the full names, faces, and backgrounds of the perps?

They mysteriously aren't releasing the info.  With that, you know the deal.

Hearing is a "brutha".

Waiting on confirmation.
Mayor is blaming feds already. US Marshall service is pretty pissed.

If true, fuck the Mayor. Today is not the day, at a minimum.

The Mayor of CLT has no authority. She's a mouth piece and pr rep. Seriously, the city council has all authority and they are all Democrats. Blame those MFers all day!!!
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 10:44:52 PM EDT
[#16]
Back 2020, he had 16 weapons charges, murder, armed robbery, and appears to be implicated in a massive car theft operation in 2023. And that's not a complete list.

If he isn't involved in this, he still needs to under a jail for the rest of his life.
View Quote

Yet some here would still say he should be allowed to own and possess a firearm.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 10:47:00 PM EDT
[#17]

That's nice.  You presume to know me and my experiences based on a spelling mistake.  That's one sure fire way to spot a Fed - they make wild baseless accusations with zero evidence and can never be convinced otherwise even if you dump a mountain of contradictory evidence on their heads

I've never seen the DEA guys around here operate, or ATF, or any other Fed agency outside the 2 ones I named previously conduct themselves.  Try reading what I said again.  I commented on two groups I HAVE seen run ops, and the two I did observe ran their ops like ass.  I've also worked with local swat on numerous ops, and the difference is night and day between them and the two Fed ops I saw.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By MrWhite227D:

There are lots of “task forces”, most of which are DEA and FBI. I doubt you have much experience ‘first hand’ with any of them. Probably transporting for them…

Certainly not a USMS TF since you can’t even spell Marshal.

That's nice.  You presume to know me and my experiences based on a spelling mistake.  That's one sure fire way to spot a Fed - they make wild baseless accusations with zero evidence and can never be convinced otherwise even if you dump a mountain of contradictory evidence on their heads

I've never seen the DEA guys around here operate, or ATF, or any other Fed agency outside the 2 ones I named previously conduct themselves.  Try reading what I said again.  I commented on two groups I HAVE seen run ops, and the two I did observe ran their ops like ass.  I've also worked with local swat on numerous ops, and the difference is night and day between them and the two Fed ops I saw.

Worked with local SWAT in what capacity?
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 10:50:36 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By southlak9cop:

Yet some here would still say he should be allowed to own and possess a firearm.
View Quote

Well he already wasn’t allowed to have a gun, and we see how well that worked.

RIP to the Officers. Sad deal.

Link Posted: 4/29/2024 10:53:34 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By mudholestomper:

So original. How'd you come up with that?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By mudholestomper:
Originally Posted By JarheadPatriot:
These fucking unvaxxed, climate change deniers, MAGA, white supremes are at it again!

So original. How'd you come up with that?
My response to the "usual suspects" commenter.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 10:54:02 PM EDT
[#20]

Exactly. USMS goal is to clear an empty house after doing surround and call out to prevent those situations.
View Quote

From what it looks like in the articles this was an arrest warrant, not a search warrant.  Taking him down as he left his house, but before he entered a vehicle, seems like standard operating procedure.

If they were serving a search warrant on these guys and their records were known, a no knock would have been the proper course.  Even if GD hates them.

I know surround and call out is the go to method these days.  I predict that will change after the first incident where the tactic creates an unnecessary hostage situation.  Just my opinion, not disagreeing with you by any means.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 10:56:00 PM EDT
[#21]
The absurdity of the situation. Should have never happened. These (criminals) people don’t deserve another breath of air.  We need to purge on a massive scale and not house and feed any of them. This isn’t a game. Use criminals bodies to feed the homeless and those on welfare.  Time to do something because what is current isn’t working.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 10:56:08 PM EDT
[#22]
RIP to the victims
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 10:56:17 PM EDT
[#23]

Worked with local SWAT in what capacity?
View Quote

Perimeter control.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 10:56:55 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By thesilvercord:
4th officer died.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/327183/IMG_3266_jpeg-3201661.JPG
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/29/2024 11:08:08 PM EDT
[#25]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By MrWhite227D:

There are lots of “task forces”, most of which are DEA and FBI. I doubt you have much experience ‘first hand’ with any of them. Probably transporting for them…

Certainly not a USMS TF since you can’t even spell Marshal.

I don’t really know what you’re trying to say and not a fed. Just sounds like you observe and “work with” guys who actually do the work.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 11:10:30 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By buckshot_jim:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By buckshot_jim:
Pics of suspect ?

Name?

I was referring to MSM.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 11:24:14 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By Kingdead:
We release people from prison who shouldn't be released from prison. While I may agree with your assessment in a general discussion, it wouldn't be practical unless we changed how we dealt with prison and parole.
View Quote

We put people in prison who should be in a hole in the ground .
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 11:24:57 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By floridacop:

Who said they "donate" any hours?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By floridacop:
Originally Posted By xciapup:

Ask your sheriff how many man-hours he donates to FBI led task forces.  When he answers, tell him zero is the only right answer.

Who said they "donate" any hours?

Let me rephrase.  How many hours are your deputies spending on FBI task forces?
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 11:29:39 PM EDT
[#29]
The woke left and the anti-cop right, sure seem to have a lot in common.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 11:30:28 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 11:37:05 PM EDT
[#31]
A very sad day.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 11:37:39 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By Mfinaustin:
The absurdity of the situation. Should have never happened. These (criminals) people don't deserve another breath of air.  We need to purge on a massive scale and not house and feed any of them. This isn't a game. Use criminals bodies to feed the homeless and those on welfare.  Time to do something because what is current isn't working.
View Quote
I agree!   And we can let Kamala Harris, Merrick Garland, and Saul Alinsky decide exactly who those criminals we are gonna send to the camps are gonna be!  

This situation is engineered to ensure everyone is clamoring to give the government more and more extreme powers.  

Link Posted: 4/29/2024 11:38:24 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 11:38:43 PM EDT
[#34]
At work? Lol.

In their car? Vehicle assaults are dangerous as hell, not to mention when they take off at 125mph and hit a van full of nuns.

There’s no perfect answer, it’s a dangerous job and either way things can go wrong and people will Monday morning quarterback it.
View All Quotes
At work? Lol.

In their car? Vehicle assaults are dangerous as hell, not to mention when they take off at 125mph and hit a van full of nuns.

There’s no perfect answer, it’s a dangerous job and either way things can go wrong and people will Monday morning quarterback it.

Of course, not saying any of it's easy. That's the point.

For every reason to not let them get outside, there are two reasons to not take them in an apartment building or any prepared position.

Originally Posted By ThatGuy91K:

You look confused.
Ask a current Marshal.

Link Posted: 4/29/2024 11:39:52 PM EDT
[#35]

View All Quotes

You should have your rights restored after serving your sentence.  That said, a rap sheet like that, including murder, yeah  he should have been executed, not paroled.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 11:53:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Robertpistol] [#36]
I was wrong, he's officially identified now as - Terry Clark Hughes, Jr, 39 years old.

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/local/crime/article288117775.html

If these POS's would be thrown in jail and not given slaps on the wrist which seems to be the standard now then this would be much rarer.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 11:54:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Blue_Monkey] [#37]
Lot of broken lives tonight.

4 lost. Probably dozens that will never recover from their loss. All because of 2 or 3 pieces of shit that we should have been strong enough to eradicate from our midst years ago. A sad night, of many sad nights.

Let's see how much worse politicians can make it.
View Quote

Not a politician but right on cue:

https://x.com/StephenKing/status/1785070014246105343
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 11:54:43 PM EDT
[#38]
Rest easy, brothers.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 11:55:16 PM EDT
[#39]
Pics of suspect ?

Name?

View Quote

Why to we give a shit about the shit bags name and photo?

Why you you insist on laying these sort of people on an altar?

Forget them. Bag them, tag them and forget them. Remember the good people and not the POS.

The sheriff in Oregon that handled the UCC shooting did this perfectly. He told the media the name of the POS wasn't important and the names of the innocent's was. That there is no reason to glorify or give note to the shit bag.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 12:02:43 AM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By Robertpistol:
I was wrong, he's officially identified now as - Terry Clark Hughes, Jr, 39 years old.

https://channel3now.com/wp-content/uploads/2024/04/Suspect-who-killed-4-law-enforcement-officers-in-Charlotte-identified-as-39-year-old-Terry-Clark-Hughes-Jr-1.png?ezimgfmt=ng%3Awebp%2Fngcb1%2Frs%3Adevice%2Frscb1-1

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/local/crime/article288117775.html

If these POS's would be thrown in jail and not given slaps on the wrist which seems to be the standard now then this would be much rarer.
View Quote

Had an Extremely lengthy criminal background.too.

What a shock
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 12:03:24 AM EDT
[#41]

View Quote

If someone is too dangerous to have firearms, they shouldn't be walking free.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 12:04:24 AM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By BMSMB:

View All Quotes

Agreed.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 12:07:22 AM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By gmtech:

View All Quotes
We release people from prison who shouldn't be released from prison. While I may agree with your assessment in a general discussion, it wouldn't be practical unless we changed how we dealt with prison and parole.

Yep.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 12:08:21 AM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By Deerhurst:

Forget them. Bag them, tag them and forget them. Remember the good people and not the POS.

The sheriff in Oregon that handled the UCC shooting did this perfectly. He told the media the name of the POS wasn't important and the names of the innocent's was. That there is no reason to glorify or give note to the shit bag.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Deerhurst:
Pics of suspect ?

Name?

I like to check the perps for prior convictions/punishments.  Oklahoma, backwards as we may be, has readily available info to show nearly all their case info and another site to show incarceration status.  Couple that info with the county assessors' pages and one can paint a pretty decent life image of the perp.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 12:08:44 AM EDT
[#45]
It's time to talk common sense black ex felon control
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 12:09:15 AM EDT
[#46]

Yep.
View All Quotes

Yep.
Why?  Because death has an exact rate of recidivism- 0.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 12:09:15 AM EDT
[#47]

View Quote

I think that comes down to idealism versus reality.

Idealism:

People too dangerous to have firearms shouldn’t be walking free.

Reality:

People too dangerous to have firearms are walking free.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 12:16:11 AM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By RLR350:

Idealism:

Reality:

View Quote

It's the best way to counter the lefts push for banning guns... they want to ban them to keep them away from dangerous people... easy solution, don't allow people that dangerous to have the opportunity to use them.... By keeping them locked up.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 12:17:39 AM EDT
[#49]

For every reason to not let them get outside, there are two reasons to not take them in an apartment building or any prepared position.

You look confused.
Ask a current Marshal.

View All Quotes
At work? Lol.

Originally Posted By ThatGuy91K:

You look confused.
Ask a current Marshal.

The last 6 times I worked with them they preferred to pick up their suspects at the house where the suspects were.

But please, go on.

Link Posted: 4/30/2024 12:17:59 AM EDT
[#50]

Idealism:

Reality:

View All Quotes

Idealism:

Reality:

The problem comes when politicians take their failures as a reason to disarm the innocent.

Government loves to blame the wrong people.
Page / 14
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top