Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 10:10:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Goofy child does goofy childish things and dies as a result.  Mother, in denial, doubles down.  News at 11.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 10:11:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: lil_Sig] [#2]
Counter sue for putting the property and owner in bad plight of the public.

Also criminal trespassing to climb the Posted fence.

Wait!
You said he climbed over?

"A young college graduate has become the fourteenth person to fall to his death over a perilous Santa Barbara cliff.
Jacob Parker, a recent graduate of the University of California, tripped over a concrete balcony fence and fell fifty feet to his death at the bottom of Isla Vista's cliffs.
The 23-year-old become the fourteenth person to do so in the last thirty years, Fox News reported."

Link Posted: 5/1/2024 10:17:02 PM EDT
[#3]
He had potential but gravity had other ideas.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 10:18:23 PM EDT
[#4]
If they put the fence up higher people would complain about it blocking the view and is too dangerous because a person could get hurt climbing over.  If they put up razor wire or electric wire they would complain it’s too dangerous for people who would climb.  The school will settle, the loss will be absorbed in increased tuition costs, they will put up more signage.  Can’t stop drunk frat boys from climbing that fucking fence.  It’s like flies on shit to them.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 10:22:50 PM EDT
[#5]
42” railing? Not near tall enough for that application. They need to put 10’ tall fences around it just like the Grand Canyon to ensure safety.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 10:34:59 PM EDT
[#6]
No doubt it is terrible to lose your kid but it is not always someone else's fault.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 10:36:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By whiskerz:
He had potential but gravity had other ideas.
View Quote
Homeboy discovered there were some laws which cannot be broken without consequence.  Probably the first time that happened to him.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 10:45:37 PM EDT
[#8]
California mom : Oh darn, kid died...wait...I smell money...

Link Posted: 5/1/2024 10:56:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 11:09:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By frayedknot:
42” railing? Not near tall enough for that application. They need to put 10’ tall fences around it just like the Grand Canyon to ensure safety.
View Quote

If somebody jostled him and he fell over it (who knows, might have happened to some of the other 13 dead in the last 30 years) I'd see your point.

In the specific instance of a 23 year old adult intentionally climbing over it, and then falling when trying to climb back over it to the safe zone, not so much.
A taller barrier would have just increased his chances of mishap on the return half of the voyage.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 11:22:51 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By lildavid67:
Goofy child does goofy childish things and dies as a result.  Mother, in denial, doubles down.  News at 11.
View Quote

Someone else is always responsible...
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 11:29:40 PM EDT
[#12]
I have worked in many of those buildings, probably the one he was at.

See those exposed pilings, at one time they were buried. They were put in to support the balconies and the buildings, 20 years or so ago.

The cliff has been eroding since the buildings were built in the early sixties. Originally some had driveways that wrapped around the buildings.  

Sad he died but no one is responsible for his actions except himself.

Suing the city??? They don't own any of those property's, they are all private ownership.
Roy
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 11:31:59 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By kc-coyote:

'I don't just want money,' George explained, 'I want people in jail.'
View Quote

Okay, here's what that report would look like: Charge: trespassing, unlawful conduct on public property in violation of CRS 18-9-117 or whatever California calls it. Case status: Exceptionally Cleared (death of offender).

So your offspring can be remembered as a petty criminal and not just an idiot.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 11:35:44 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By centrarchidae:

Okay, here's what that report would look like: Charge: trespassing, unlawful conduct on public property in violation of CRS 18-9-117 or whatever California calls it. Case status: Exceptionally Cleared (death of offender).

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

He was on private property.
Roy
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 11:44:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: centrarchidae] [#15]
Originally Posted By rdsr:

He was on private property

Roy
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By rdsr:

He was on private property

Roy

Fine. Trespassing, exceptional clearance. The exceptional clearance was the punch line anyway.

Link Posted: 5/1/2024 11:46:30 PM EDT
[#16]

Link Posted: 5/1/2024 11:51:21 PM EDT
[#17]
Fool got the attention he was after.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 1:06:20 AM EDT
[#18]
Isla Vista is home to college kids that are drunk all day.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 1:15:13 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Mike_314:
At the top of the cliff.  Which he converted to kinetic by plunging to the bottom and having an inelastic collision.  

Clearly he wasn't a Physics major.

And who do the parents think should go to jail over this?

Maybe Mr. Drunk and Stupid should be prosecuted for littering.    
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Mike_314:
'He had so much potential.’
At the top of the cliff.  Which he converted to kinetic by plunging to the bottom and having an inelastic collision.  

Clearly he wasn't a Physics major.

And who do the parents think should go to jail over this?

Maybe Mr. Drunk and Stupid should be prosecuted for littering.    

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 1:16:58 AM EDT
[#20]
'I'm heartbroken. I'm crushed,' George Parker told Fox News.
'I'm at the point where this is now my work. Not just getting enforcement, but I really want to push for criminal charges.'
View Quote

What a retard.  George should do the world a favor and follow his son's lead.  
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 1:19:12 AM EDT
[Last Edit: tsg68] [#21]
She should sue for the football brain injuries that led to his lowered IQ first….
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 1:20:33 AM EDT
[#22]
Attractive nusence does not apply to adults and it does not apply to natural features.  Mom and dad need to greive their loss quietly.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 1:37:07 AM EDT
[#23]
went to Cape Canaveral once as a kid, got to the motor lodge real late. there was a huge yard in the back but for some reason there was a chainlink fence right in the middle of it.
I'm about to hop it when I notice the grass on the other side moved. I realize it's the water and it just goes straight down. got chills down my spine and walked away
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 1:37:35 AM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By Precious87:

We're gonna need a MS Paint diagram, sounds complicated
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Precious87:
Originally Posted By ScoutOut:
They need to put a fence to keep people from getting on the fence.  And then a fence for that fence!

We're gonna need a MS Paint diagram, sounds complicated

If the Gov gets involved.....yes
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 1:47:42 AM EDT
[#25]
He didn't appreciate the gravity of the situation.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 6:09:55 AM EDT
[#26]
Dr. Darwin to the red Courtesy Phone...
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 6:26:38 AM EDT
[#27]
Poor mom.    I get it shes in grief.  I'm sorry.  I was a kid that drank to much and did dumb things  and am very upset thinking what I put my parents through with the worry    but even my very much worry wort parents would know It was no ones fault but my own if I was killed during  a drunken show off episode.  This is even more sad if the guy didnt drink often
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 6:37:04 AM EDT
[#28]
He really made an impact on his class *

*and the beach

It's not a tragedy when you defy gravity & lose.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 6:38:35 AM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By SmilingBandit:
Years ago in Norway I hiked Pulpit Rock.  At the edge of the rock was hundreds of meters straight down with no fence or signs.  At the time I found it remarkable that such a thing could exist without safety barriers in place, but it would have been ruined with them.

It's a shame idiots ruin nice things.
View Quote

From what I remember, there are large areas of the Grand Canyon that do not have a fence.  Straight down!  The top of Pike's Peak.  There was no fence around that either.  There were spots that you could literally walk right off the top of the mountain.  Someone in car did that.  1000 foot drop.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 6:42:28 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 6:44:34 AM EDT
[#31]
They are always such good kids.  According to their parents…
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 6:53:09 AM EDT
[#32]
Electrify the next one.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 7:16:23 AM EDT
[#33]
So he scaled a fence that specifically says not to do it and fell to his death.  The article doesn't mention what the dead guy's BAC was, but i'm guessing it wasn't 0.0 if he was at a college party.  And his mom is suing for money and specifically says she wants to see people go to jail over it.

'Serial killer' cliff: USC grad, 23, is FOURTEENTH person to trip and fall to his death off 'dangerous' Santa Barbara ridge - as parents sue the city
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13371983/Serial-killer-cliff-USC-grad-23-FOURTEENTH-person-trip-fall-death-dangerous-Santa-Barbara-ridge-parents-sue-city.html

A young college graduate has become the fourteenth person to fall to his death over a perilous Santa Barbara cliff.
Jacob Parker, a recent graduate of the University of California, tripped over a concrete balcony fence and fell fifty feet to his death at the bottom of Isla Vista's cliffs.
The 23-year-old become the fourteenth person to do so in the last thirty years, Fox News reported.

The tragedy occurred two weeks ago when Parker was celebrating at a party on Del Playa Drive, a popular area for student housing, at a house that backs up onto the cliffs.
Parker was allegedly trying to make his way through a crowd on a concrete balcony overlooking the sea, his family told Fox News.

However, unable to make his way through to a gazebo Parker climbed over a 42-inch tall metal wire fence onto a 33-inch wide concrete ledge, bordered by a metal rail along the cliff's edge.
As he tried to jump back over into the party area Parker tripped and fell to his death at the bottom of the cliffs.

'He had so much potential. I was just looking forward to seeing what he would accomplish in life. This was just the beginning,' Parker's mother, Deborah, told Fox News.
Parker's parents, Deborah and George, believe their son's death was preventable.

The Parker's argue that Santa Barbara's November safety plan required all new fences to be six feet tall following a previous death of a University of Santa Barbara student last year.
The couple have filed a civil lawsuit against the city and pushing for criminal charges including involuntary manslaughter in an effort to seek justice for their son and prevent further accidents.

'I'm heartbroken. I'm crushed,' George Parker told Fox News.
'I'm at the point where this is now my work. Not just getting enforcement, but I really want to push for criminal charges.'

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2024/05/01/18/84332223-13371983-Parker_climbed_over_a_42_inch_tall_metal_wire_fence_onto_a_33_in-a-4_1714585825124.jpg
https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2024/05/01/19/84333091-13371983-The_student_tragically_fell_fifty_feet_to_his_death_over_the_Isl-a-7_1714588797560.jpg
https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2024/05/01/19/84334211-13371983-image-a-10_1714588816860.jpg
View Quote

Losers always talk about trying their “best”.  Winners go home and fall off a cliff without the prom queen.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 7:18:07 AM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By frayedknot:
View Quote

Meanwhile in an adult world:

Attachment Attached File

Iceland
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 7:19:54 AM EDT
[#35]

I demand a cure for gravity's effects upon stupid people.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 7:29:42 AM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By killstick_engaged:
Sucks that he's dead but California posters here can attest people in California are a standard deviation less intelligent than people from just about anywhere else in the country.
View Quote

Not really.

Oddly enough Louisiana is the second dumbest state bases on average IQ scores in the union with New Mexico keeping your state out of last place.

National Library of Medicine study
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 7:53:23 AM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By losscolinas:
gravity works bitch.
View Quote

He did not recognize the gravity of the situation. And fell victim to his ignorance.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 8:01:29 AM EDT
[#38]
Seems their lawsuit should be against the college that failed to teach him to read or comprehend simple instructions!
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 8:14:59 AM EDT
[#39]
Tripped.
Over a 3.5 foot barrier. Jfc.

Mom looks like the kind of mom who would be bangin' his friends.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 8:15:47 AM EDT
[#40]
no is responsible for anything anymore.  
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 8:17:31 AM EDT
[#41]
Walls don’t work  ( when you’re an idiot ).
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 8:20:38 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 2:15:11 PM EDT
[#43]
I posted this in the Yellowstone thread by mistake. Oh well.

Grand Canyon Mather Point 100ft Fall June 3, 2017
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 2:16:58 PM EDT
[#44]
100 feet? rookie numbers!

Man falls 4,000 feet from Grand Canyon skywalk to his death
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 2:31:27 PM EDT
[#45]
Ha. When I was younger I used to surf on the beach below Del Playa in IV.

Youd work your way down in the rain rut cracks.
UCSB students fell off wasted all the time.

If anybody here went to UCSB during the early'80s and got your bike stolen I'm sorry, not sorry
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 2:58:01 PM EDT
[#46]
It is dumb and dangerous to have such a wide ledge and low steel beam on the danger side of the fence.  I'm actually surprised that is legal or to code in cali, since everything comes w/ a warning label or is banned by law there.

Maybe college orientation should include a lesson on fences and their puropse.

Link Posted: 5/2/2024 3:01:40 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 3:15:32 PM EDT
[#48]
She will find a lawyer who argues that the fence creates a “ladder effect” with the horizontal cables.

She will win some money

Link Posted: 5/2/2024 3:16:12 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By GunLvrPHD:
I can see where he got his brains from.
View Quote

Scraped up off the sand?
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 4:34:11 AM EDT
[#50]
Guess those four years of college tuition had a poor return on investment.
Page / 3
Top Top