Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 11:35:46 AM EDT
[#1]
A Federal Prosecutor lying? What's next, water is wet ?  

Link Posted: 5/6/2024 11:36:05 AM EDT
[Last Edit: PeepEater] [#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Gspointer:

So, can you imagine if Trump said those weren’t the actual papers he was holding? If he said, under oath, that he was BSing to make his “story” more interesting? An average man might get away with it, but we have 8 years and hundreds of media sources producing thousands of records of Trumps truthfulness. No way would a reasonable person ever believe Trump lied about something.
View Quote

I think Trump's mouth will end up getting him in far more trouble than his actions ever would have. It is possible both for the prosecution to be bullshit and for Trump's own hubris to prevent him from admitting that he made shit up to sound cool.

It's also a truth of life that just because you can't find the evidence it doesn't mean it never existed.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 11:40:12 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By PeepEater:

I think Trump's mouth will end up getting him in far more trouble than his actions ever would have. It is possible both for the prosecution to be bullshit and for Trump's own hubris to prevent him from admitting that he made shit up to sound cool.

It's also a truth of life that just because you can't find the evidence it doesn't mean it never existed.
View Quote

It should take an exceptionally good case to convict without a body. Do you find that this is an exceptional case with an impeccable prosecution?
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 11:42:09 AM EDT
[#4]
So Jack Smith mishandled classified documents?  The same thing he is accusing Trump of doing?
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 11:42:16 AM EDT
[Last Edit: PeepEater] [#5]

It should take an exceptionally good case to convict without a body. Do you find that this is an exceptional case with an impeccable prosecution?
View Quote

It's a trash case that only exists because Biden's White House directed the DOJ to make it exist. That doesn't mean they won't get a conviction anyway due to jury makeup and Trump doing Trump things at the wrong time.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 11:46:26 AM EDT
[#6]

See? It’s perfectly understandable. Even the footnote acknowledges that they were wrong to do what they did. But this case happens so often outside of the public eye that it shouldn’t matter. Heck, it’s such a boring, routine everyday case that Jack has no idea why things were mixed up and says so in his affidavit.

I’m really at a loss as to why anyone is paying attention to this case. I can’t imagine how shocked Jack must be! I bet had he suspected that the public may pay attention to it, he would have documented the order the items were located in, as well as the location each box of evidence was in when seized.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

See? It’s perfectly understandable. Even the footnote acknowledges that they were wrong to do what they did. But this case happens so often outside of the public eye that it shouldn’t matter. Heck, it’s such a boring, routine everyday case that Jack has no idea why things were mixed up and says so in his affidavit.

I’m really at a loss as to why anyone is paying attention to this case. I can’t imagine how shocked Jack must be! I bet had he suspected that the public may pay attention to it, he would have documented the order the items were located in, as well as the location each box of evidence was in when seized.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 11:49:50 AM EDT
[#7]

If the classified documents hadn't been removed from The White House this wouldn't even be a thing.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 11:52:16 AM EDT
[#8]

I assume they will ask Trump about it under oath. The tape is out in the wild and featured in the indictment:
“These are the papers,” Trump continues, according to the audio file.
“This was done by the military and given to me,” Trump continues, before noting that the document remained classified.
“See as president I could have declassified it,” Trump says. “Now I can’t, you know, but this is still a secret.”

It's in the indictment and even if they can't find the papers I can't imagine they don't ask questions about it or play the tape to the jury.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By AZ_Hi_Desert:

That was the Milley plan to attack Iran. Here's the thing...Trump didn't have possession of those documents then or now. They were not found in the documents seized nor were they 'missing' from NARA. It was bullshit thrown out as red meat for the Trump haters by Weissmann and Smith. They made a great stink over the sound of shuffling of papers on the recording. Interviwer/Ghostwriter said Trump never showed him the document.

I assume they will ask Trump about it under oath. The tape is out in the wild and featured in the indictment:
“These are the papers,” Trump continues, according to the audio file.
“This was done by the military and given to me,” Trump continues, before noting that the document remained classified.
“See as president I could have declassified it,” Trump says. “Now I can’t, you know, but this is still a secret.”

It's in the indictment and even if they can't find the papers I can't imagine they don't ask questions about it or play the tape to the jury.

where did the audio come from, is it another AI deep fake?
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 11:53:43 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Kraquine:

If the classified documents hadn't been removed from The White House this wouldn't even be a thing.
View Quote

lol
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 11:53:53 AM EDT
[#10]
*yawn*
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 11:54:01 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By pdm:

Well……it sounds like an administrative error and once realized they came forward and notified the court.  The question is how did and does this error effect the case other than a mistake was made in the listing of documents?  Did they hide or in some way change the content of Docs? etc…

Sounds like  a mistake was made and they notified the court of it.   Does that mistake rise to the level of malfeasance? Doesn't sound like it but maybe it is?

View Quote

There's a huge difference between, "Zomg! Trump had classified documents and refused to return them!"

and

"Biden's GSA had a couple dozen boxes of random crap delivered to Mar a Lago, and Trump's team didn't even know what was in them or why they were sent in the first place."
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 11:56:27 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By VidaEterna:
That would get a case tossed by the old DOJ. I’m surprised they don’t transfer the case to a federal court in Venezuela. The outcome would be the same.
View Quote

FPNI
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 11:57:42 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By pdm:

Well  it sounds like an administrative error and once realized they came forward and notified the court.  The question is how did and does this error effect the case other than a mistake was made in the listing of documents?  Did they hide or in some way change the content of Docs? etc

Sounds like  a mistake was made and they notified the court of it.   Does that mistake rise to the level of malfeasance? Doesn't sound like it but maybe it is?

View Quote
Chain of custody is now fucked up, all this evidence should be thrown out.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 11:58:23 AM EDT
[Last Edit: PeepEater] [#14]
Originally Posted By Seadra_tha_Guineapig:

View Quote

It's real and in the indictment. First link from google:
https://abcnews.go.com/US/audio-recording-trump-heard-discussing-classified-document-held/story?id=100346060

They never did find the alleged document. So either Trump was bullshitting about what he was showing them while waving papers around  or the document was just not found.

The problem is if they ask him about it under oath he either says that he was bullshitting people to be a big dick player or he was waving around classified documents to be a big dick player or he will plead the fifth.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 12:04:06 PM EDT
[#15]

https://abcnews.go.com/US/audio-recording-trump-heard-discussing-classified-document-held/story?id=100346060

They never did find the alleged document. So either Trump was bullshitting about what he was showing them while waving papers around  or the document was just not found.

The problem is if they ask him about it under oath he either says that he was bullshitting people to be a big dick player or he was waving around classified documents to be a big dick player or he will plead the fifth.
View All Quotes

so, unlike the boxes of documents that they interfered with and scattered all over the floor, there's an impeccable chain of custody for the alleged audio?
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 12:04:38 PM EDT
[#16]

View Quote

The ones in Biden's garage didn't end up as "a thing"
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 12:06:02 PM EDT
[#17]
So that's the prosecutions narrative?  What would you expect them to say?
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 12:06:43 PM EDT
[#18]

so, unlike the boxes of documents that they interfered with and scattered all over the floor, there's an impeccable chain of custody for the alleged audio?
View Quote

DOJ already questioned the other people present in the room when the recording was made. It's pretty much a given that it is going to be introduced in court.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 12:07:44 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Logcutter:

View Quote
That's because he's not competent enough to prosecute. no big deal.  but fully competent to run for another term....it's fucking clown world on steroids.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 12:08:39 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By xd341:
That's because he's not competent enough to prosecute. no big deal.  but fully competent to run for another term....it's fucking clown world on steroids.
View Quote

Frankly it's not the DOJ's problem that the population is dumb enough to elect him.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 12:09:58 PM EDT
[#21]

Frankly it's not the DOJ's problem that the population is dumb enough to elect him.
View Quote
you're not wrong.  

But holy shit.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 12:11:12 PM EDT
[#22]

View All Quotes

That's right ............... cooperation vs obstruction ........... there is a difference.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 12:12:07 PM EDT
[#23]
Selective enforcement of the law is worse than the absence of laws.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 12:12:31 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By SoonerBorn:
So Jack Smith mishandled classified documents?  The same thing he is accusing Trump of doing?
View Quote

IOKIYAD
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 12:15:25 PM EDT
[#25]
So some papers in a box got placed in a different order between the time they were seized and scanned?
View Quote

No! Back your TDS down a bit.

The DOJ worked with the archivist to send documents to Maralogo and hide them. Then they got the search warrant to find them. It was a set up. JUST LIKE TRUMP SAID.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 12:16:10 PM EDT
[#26]
So some papers in a box got placed in a different order between the time they were seized and scanned?
View Quote

At a minimum. Chain of custody broken, no telling WHAT all might have been modified/added/removed. That mess would be a no-questions-asked firing and possible prosecution at my agency.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 12:17:10 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By heavymetal762:

At a minimum. Chain of custody broken, no telling WHAT all might have been modified/added/removed. That mess would be a no-questions-asked firing and possible prosecution at my agency.
View Quote

You obviously are not as elite as the FBI.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 12:17:19 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By Blackbeard28:
The prosecution lied, they admitted they lied, and yet continue the course.

Sure we lied, fuck you, what are you going to do about it.

No fear of repercussion.
View Quote

Time for a real purge.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 12:18:56 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By gotigers:

The DOJ worked with the archivist to send documents to Maralogo and hide them. Then they got the search warrant to find them. It was a set up. JUST LIKE TRUMP SAID.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/6/2024 12:20:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Prezboi44] [#30]

That's right ............... cooperation vs obstruction ........... there is a difference.
View Quote

I hope he didn't cooperate. As president, HE had authority OVER classification.  You see, all those worthless federal bureaucracies and departments did not exist when the Constitution was written.

However, what word can you find in the Constitution?  President.

You don't cooperate with people that are wrong.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 12:39:05 PM EDT
[#31]

View All Quotes

Cooperation doesn’t change the crime. You shouldn’t be able to just Willy Nilly enforce the law when you want. If they both committed the crime they both need to answer.  Selective prosecution is bullshit.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 12:42:19 PM EDT
[#32]
As others have said, NOTHING WILL HAPPEN!!
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 12:42:30 PM EDT
[#33]

View All Quotes

So how many present read parts of the document? Oh my, I bet a pic from a good cell phone would have the info on it! I bet Jack has a picture with the classified text in evidence! That will be hard to avoid for Trump!
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 12:44:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Morlawn66] [#34]

View All Quotes

Go ahead and laugh even though there's a good chance that's exactly what happened.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 12:44:58 PM EDT
[#35]

So how many present read parts of the document? Oh my, I bet a pic from a good cell phone would have the info on it! I bet Jack has a picture with the classified text in evidence! That will be hard to avoid for Trump!
View Quote

I just don't know if Trump will laugh at them and say it was all bullshit or say something dumb. Bad cases get convictions all the time.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 12:48:04 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By Prezboi44:

I hope he didn't cooperate. As president, HE had authority OVER classification.  You see, all those worthless federal bureaucracies and departments did not exist when the Constitution was written.

View Quote

There weren't airplanes when the Constitution was written either but common sense dictates the FAA create guidlines for their safe handling.

Just thinking it's safe to fly doesn't make it so.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 12:48:41 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By M-60:

False

They'll enforce it against you.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By M-60:
Originally Posted By maxima2:
We have a lawless country.

False

They'll enforce it against you.

I was going to say . We have probably too many laws and no republican is above the democrat law .
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 12:55:45 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By Morlawn66:

Go ahead and laugh even though there's a good chance that's exactly what happened.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Morlawn66:

LOL, that conflicts with Trump telling Hannity he declassified the documents. Trump declassified documents he didn't know he had. LOL. That's Olympic level mental gymnastics right there.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 12:56:37 PM EDT
[#39]

There weren't airplanes when the Constitution was written either but common sense dictates the FAA create guidlines for their safe handling.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Prezboi44:

Poor analogy and the exact logic gun-grabbers love to use.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 1:02:12 PM EDT
[#40]
At best, this sounds quite sloppy evidence handling.  If raiding a former Presidents home is this sloppy, when it's A PRESIDENTS HOME -  How much care to evidence handling do the do for people who are not former Presidents?
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 1:09:59 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By lazyengineer:
At best, this sounds quite sloppy evidence handling.  If raiding a former Presidents home is this sloppy, when it's A PRESIDENTS HOME -  How much care to evidence handling do the do for people who are not former Presidents?
View Quote

Hmmm, it's starting to sound like the OJ trial.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 1:10:54 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By ceetee:

There's a huge difference between, "Zomg! Trump had classified documents and refused to return them!"

and

"Biden's GSA had a couple dozen boxes of random crap delivered to Mar a Lago, and Trump's team didn't even know what was in them or why they were sent in the first place."
View Quote
So... entrapment..
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 1:10:57 PM EDT
[#43]
Seems like I would want to weigh each box to the tenth of a gram and document each document before turning that shit over.  I am terrified of ever being investigated by alphabet soup.  Even if they don't find anything, all they have to do is "find" ch___ por_n and you are now the biggest POS that ever existed.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 1:13:19 PM EDT
[#44]
Unphuckingbelievable!
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 1:15:29 PM EDT
[#45]
It's probably more that they lied to the court about it.  That's a bit of an issue.
View All Quotes
It's probably more that they lied to the court about it.  That's a bit of an issue.

What reason do we have to think they even put the same documents back in? When you are changing things what else might you change?
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 1:16:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Scoobysmak] [#46]

LOL, that conflicts with Trump telling Hannity he declassified the documents. Trump declassified documents he didn't know he had. LOL. That's Olympic level mental gymnastics right there.
View Quote

Since the documents were mishandled, show us where you KNOW for sure they didn't add the documents they claimed they were looking in that clusterfuck?  It has to be 100% solid proof, no questions.  

Look how many obvious murders and other cases get dismissed for the same thing, buy yet nope those fucks are fucking retards and can't maintain proper custody but going to shoot for the moon anyway.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 1:16:41 PM EDT
[#47]

This seems like the kind of thing a lab tech could have done while scanning files. Absolutely sloppy when chain of evidence custody is critical to a case but I don't see how you prove intent. Not that intent has to be present for tampered evidence to tank a case.
View Quote

Well, FBI lied to get multiple FISA warrants, I'm just assuming bad intent at this point.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 1:19:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CMiller] [#48]
Originally Posted By Cypher15:
So... entrapment..
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Cypher15:
Originally Posted By ceetee:

and

So... entrapment..

The boxes were packed by Trump's people, who also arranged the transportation.  GSA let them use their space for storage and paid for transport.

It's unclear if these are the same boxes that had the classified documents.

All of this was covered in the media in 2022, they have 100 pages of emails between GSA and Trump's team.

@ceetee

https://www.cnn.com/2022/10/10/politics/trump-documents-shipping-gsa/index.html

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-10-05/trump-says-feds-packed-top-secret-mar-a-lago-documents-foia-says-they-didn-t

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2024/04/30/trump-documents-case-rumor-false/
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 1:19:57 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By LordsOfDiscipline:

Jack Smith has a record. Become familiar with it and get back to us.  Not being argumentative.
View Quote

Jack Smith was on the ICC. A fake international court.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 1:21:09 PM EDT
[#50]
I am sick and tired of this bullshit from the agenda driven. Why can't everyone be respectable and follow true laws instead of their own?
Page / 4
Top Top