BCM
User Panel

Ouija board.. (Page 4 of 6)
Page / 6
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 3:35:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Cobra-Commander:

Yet you provide no tangible evidence of a divinity or demons.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Eight_Ring:

hubris

[ hyoo-bris, hoo- ]

Phonetic (Standard)
IPA
noun
excessive pride or self-confidence; arrogance.

I also wonder, if I posted a video of someone who says Allah spoke to him, would eight ring believe that too? I'd like to see him disprove it.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 3:47:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By RolandofGilead:

I also wonder, if I posted a video of someone who says Allah spoke to him, would eight ring believe that too? I'd like to see him disprove it.
View Quote

It's the same for literally any unfalsifiable supernatural belief.   And that's not even getting into the possibility of the unknown that I mentioned earlier.

If supernatural shit is real, and you take it as seriously as a heart attack on the strength of nothing tangible...then there is literally no limit to the horrors lurking just beyond your perception waiting for you to blindly stumble into them.  

Hence...people who really believe in this stuff have got to be constant nervous wrecks.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 3:48:31 PM EDT
[#3]
I bought one that was made in China. It has shake awake and solar.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 3:48:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By 1Andy2:

It's the same for literally any unfalsifiable supernatural belief.   And that's not even getting into the possibility of the unknown that I mentioned earlier.

If supernatural shit is real, and you take it as seriously as a heart attack on the strength of nothing tangible...then there is literally no limit to the horrors lurking just beyond your perception waiting for you to blindly stumble into them.  

Hence...people who really believe in this stuff have got to be constant nervous wrecks.
View All Quotes

That's why you have to attach rules to it.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 3:51:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By m200maker:
View Quote
PingPing makes ouija boards now?
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 3:56:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By m200maker:
View Quote

Beelzebub is gonna steal your credit card info dude.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 4:05:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: _Nataraja_] [#7]
It's a toy, with no special powers or anything in and of itself.

...But if your intention is to contact beings from other planes of existence, sure, maybe your wishes will be answered. You could use a pair of worn out shoes for that matter.

Without getting into specifics, I know there are other beings just as surely as there beings here everyday (or not here actually, you choose how real this all is), and in my experience some are good, some are tricksters, and some are evil, just like we might experience everyday in our normal lives. Frankly I really wish I didn't know that, or had doubts, but that's not the case.

I don't know the why, but ime they must be invited into your presence in order to cause harm, or contrarily if told to leave because they weren't invited and you sense malintent (or are just uncomfortable), (especially if you invoke a "higher" spiritual power) they will, up to and including the most evil.

Don't bother asking for specifics, I'm not writing more on it, but "don't fuck around with things you don't understand" is sound advice no matter what you're dealing with. Yeah, yeah, go on and tell me to take my meds or whatever, I deserve it for responding in GD lol.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 4:28:59 PM EDT
[#8]
If you do not believe then you do not believe if you do then you do.  I just have one thing to say do not waste your money or time on them.  I would recommend never messing with them at all or try contacting anything with them just leave it alone.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 4:30:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By _Nataraja_:
It's a toy, with no special powers or anything in and of itself.

...But if your intention is to contact beings from other planes of existence, sure, maybe your wishes will be answered. You could use a pair of worn out shoes for that matter.

Without getting into specifics, I know there are other beings just as surely as there beings here everyday (or not here actually, you choose how real this all is), and in my experience some are good, some are tricksters, and some are evil, just like we might experience everyday in our normal lives. Frankly I really wish I didn't know that, or had doubts, but that's not the case.

I don't know the why, but ime they must be invited into your presence in order to cause harm, or contrarily if told to leave because they weren't invited and you sense malintent (or are just uncomfortable), (especially if you invoke a "higher" spiritual power) they will, up to and including the most evil.

Don't bother asking for specifics, I'm not writing more on it, but "don't fuck around with things you don't understand" is sound advice no matter what you're dealing with. Yeah, yeah, go on and tell me to take my meds or whatever, I deserve it for responding in GD lol.
View Quote

More “trust me bro” evidence. Thank you for your contribution.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 4:50:00 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By AbleArcher:
So hasbro is the maker of these, they would have to be in league with the devil to continue to make them right? So would that thereby taint their entire product line? No more nerf? Do we start referring to them as devil darts?
View Quote

I'm so old Parker Bros. made my board.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 4:57:04 PM EDT
[#11]

Interesting.

How would you describe your relationship with God?

Would you describe your faith as deep or profound?

Do you have a clear sense of God's presence in your world?

Or would you describe your life as having been pretty much devoid of faith?
View Quote

I've never been a believer, but I was raised going to church every Sunday. Thanks for asking.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 6:08:56 PM EDT
[#12]

View All Quotes

hubris

[ hyoo-bris, hoo- ]

Phonetic (Standard)
IPA
noun
excessive pride or self-confidence; arrogance.

Actually I'd be perfectly willing to talk to that person--I might inquire as to how he/she knew the name of the voice, if it identified itself or if the listener simply assumed.  I'd be curious as to exactly what "Allah" said.

But all of this is pretty much beside the mark.  I don't engage these threads to try to "prove" anything to people who don't believe, because that is a fool's errand.  

If you had paid attention, you would see that I always engage these threads to warn Christians about dabbbling with the occult in any form, and to remind them that such things are forbidden by their very faith and an abomination in the sight of their God--which is a thing surprisingly few Christians seem to understand.  I meet them in real life all the time.

Inevitably the threads turn to "the need for proof"--which is part and parcel of the intellectual Chinese finger-trap with which satan snares the intellectually prideful.  Something can be objectivelly "True" even in the absence of any "proof" at all--that should be self-evident.  "Proof" is not a pre-condition for the inherent Truth of anything--it is merely a condition which skeptics attach to their acceptance of something as "factual".  And Bully for you.  But here is the carefully laid logic of the Chinese-finger trap in regard to belief in God.  God isn't interested in you knowing Him on a FACTUAL basis, and generally doesn't and won't provide "proof"--He seems to desire that a believer engage/dialoge with His existence using the mechanism of Faith--but of course you sort reject the very mechanism by which God desires as a basis for relationship/revelation, and then when you have no relationship, in the absence of that relationship, you insist that therefore God doesn't exist.  But there is actually even more in play here, in these interactions.  You hold the conceit that IF God provided you with "proof" of his existence, THEN you would believe in Him.  I'll go out on a limb and call Bullshit.  You wouldn't.  Instead, the actual cause your hatred of Him would just become more readily transparent.

Does the notion that you might not/would not aknowlege, love or serve God EVEN if you had perfect knowlege of His existence surprise you?  It shouldn't.

Apparently a third of the angels in heaven, including lucifer himself, proved themselves to be ugly, toxic, prideful, loveless turds--and the demons in hell, they're WAY smarter than you'll ever be.

Not that I could ever PROVE that to your satisfation.  But trust me.  They ARE.

lol.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 6:14:29 PM EDT
[#13]

View Quote

I mean, the guys face looks serious!
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 6:20:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BillofRights] [#14]
Originally Posted By Beretta_Jerry:
Its a toy. How come the "ghosts" only respond in English?
View Quote

I gotta say, of all the reasons to be skeptical, that’s the stupidest one I can possibly imagine.

If there Is a spirit world, the inhabitants can communicate in Any language.  It’s common sense.  

Hell, my Phone can translate with ease.
You think Satan or God would have a problem?
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 6:28:25 PM EDT
[#15]

Actually I'd be perfectly willing to talk to that person--I might inquire as to how he/she knew the name of the voice, if it identified itself or if the listener simply assumed.  I'd be curious as to exactly what "Allah" said.

But all of this is pretty much beside the mark.  I don't engage these threads to try to "prove" anything to people who don't believe, because that is a fool's errand.  

If you had paid attention, you would see that I always engage these threads to warn Christians about dabbbling with the occult in any form, and to remind them that such things are forbidden by their very faith and an abomination in the sight of their God--which is a thing surprisingly few Christians seem to understand.  I meet them in real life all the time.

Inevitably the threads turn to "the need for proof"--which is part and parcel of the intellectual Chinese finger-trap with which satan snares the intellectually prideful.  Something can be objectivelly "True" even in the absence of any "proof" at all--that should be self-evident.  "Proof" is not a pre-condition for the inherent Truth of anything--it is merely a condition which skeptics attach to their acceptance of something as "factual".  And Bully for you.  But here is the carefully laid logic of the Chinese-finger trap in regard to belief in God.  God isn't interested in you knowing Him on a FACTUAL basis, and generally doesn't and won't provide "proof"--He seems to desire that a believer engage/dialoge with His existence using the mechanism of Faith--but of course you sort reject the very mechanism by which God desires as a basis for relationship/revelation, and then when you have no relationship, in the absence of that relationship, you insist that therefore God doesn't exist.  But there is actually even more in play here, in these interactions.  You hold the conceit that IF God provided you with "proof" of his existence, THEN you would believe in Him.  I'll go out on a limb and call Bullshit.  You wouldn't.  Instead, the actual cause your hatred of Him would just become more readily transparent.

Does the notion that you might not/would not aknowlege, love or serve God EVEN if you had perfect knowlege of His existence surprise you?  It shouldn't.

Apparently a third of the angels in heaven, including lucifer himself, proved themselves to be ugly, toxic, prideful, loveless turds--and the demons in hell, they're WAY smarter than you'll ever be.

Not that I could ever PROVE that to your satisfation.  But trust me.  They ARE.

lol.
View Quote

Yes, things can be true that are unprovable. I never said otherwise. However, that means that your belief is not based on facts. That's fine for you, but doesn't work for me. This doesn't make me prideful or a know it all. It makes me skeptical.  
If god is real, and he made me, then he made me questioning and skeptical. He refuses to reveal himself to me even if I ask, and even if his word says he will. What sort of god does that?
Why do you think I would refuse to acknowledge him if there was proof? You don't know me.

Why should I trust you? You don't have any proof...no evidence...just "trust me bro, my religion is the right one and the thousands of others are totally wrong".

Link Posted: 5/9/2024 6:54:24 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By sparkyfender2:

View Quote

I'm so old, I remember when Parker was an only child....
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 7:00:55 PM EDT
[#17]
My proof is a book written by a bunch of guys who I agree with.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 7:00:56 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By aod886:
I wear these when I want my "demon" summonsed.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/249712/61mauyjoaqL__AC_UY1000_DpWeblab__jpg-3208833.JPG
View Quote

“The pointer only starts moving when you touch it”
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 7:07:30 PM EDT
[#19]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By sparkyfender2:

Link Posted: 5/9/2024 7:08:10 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By bluemax_1:

View Quote

That's how I keep ending up on the naughty sites.  My mouse pad is a stealth ouija board and pazuzu really likes tiddies
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 7:34:09 PM EDT
[#21]
I'll really never understand the logic behind the belief in God. Either he's all powerful or he isn't. If he isn't, he's not God. If he is, he's responsible for a whole lot of needless suffering of innocents. Either way he loses my vote. He can go fuck himself.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 7:39:49 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By 19ontheslide:
I'll really never understand the logic behind the belief in God. Either he's all powerful or he isn't. If he isn't, he's not God. If he is, he's responsible for a whole lot of needless suffering of innocents. Either way he loses my vote. He can go fuck himself.
View Quote

I agree that you don't understand.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 7:54:21 PM EDT
[#23]

View Quote

For probably the only time ever, you and I are in complete agreement.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 8:11:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Eight_Ring] [#24]

View All Quotes

There is nothing wrong with not understanding the God of Quantum Physics and Quantum Entanglement.  What kind of an idiot thinks HE sees the world more clearly than the very God who created it.

As for telling Him to fuck off--I told God to fuck off just a couple weeks ago.  I even asked what kind of a sick fuck He was.  Told him that even if I was a fucking dog any owner with a fucking ounce of decency would have enough compassion to put me down--yet here I was, here I am, and for what?

But I knew I was wrong--even as I was saying it I knew my accusations were lies from the mind of satan, and afterward I apologized and made a formal confession and was absolved of my sin.

Blessed Be God Forever.

God knows that you both need and want to understand your suffering.  Maybe ask your question, shut up, and listen respectfully.  Maybe.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 8:21:51 PM EDT
[#25]

That's how I keep ending up on the naughty sites.  My mouse pad is a stealth ouija board and pazuzu really likes tiddies
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By bluemax_1:

The ouija chest tat meme about a pearl necklace spelling out what the baby’s name would’ve been, is another hilarious one.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 8:40:52 PM EDT
[#26]

There is nothing wrong with not understanding the God of Quantum Physics and Quantum Entanglement.  What kind of an idiot thinks HE sees the world more clearly than the very God who created it.

As for telling Him to fuck off--I told God to fuck off just a couple weeks ago.  I even asked what kind of a sick fuck He was.  Told him that even if I was a fucking dog any owner with a fucking ounce of decency would have enough compassion to put me down--yet here I was, here I am, and for what?

But I knew I was wrong--even as I was saying it I knew my accusations were lies from the mind of satan, and afterward I apologized and made a formal confession and was absolved of my sin.

God knows that you both need and want to understand your suffering.  Maybe ask your question, shut up, and listen respectfully.  Maybe.
View Quote

Nope, sorry. Don't even care. You can do all the mental gymnastics you want. Your idea of what God is is fundamentally flawed, and that's coming from someone who actually believes in God, but understands that everything you think about it (not him) is wrong.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 8:42:42 PM EDT
[#27]

Nope, sorry. Don't even care. You can do all the mental gymnastics you want. Your idea of what God is is fundamentally flawed, and that's coming from someone who actually believes in God, but understands that everything you think about it (not him) is wrong.
View All Quotes

OK.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 8:44:33 PM EDT
[#28]
Had one as a kid, sure wish it was still around to use for making funny pics
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 8:56:33 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By Blackbeard28:
I don't believe in any of that shit, but I don't fuck with it either. Just in case.
View Quote

I’ll echo this statement
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 9:10:21 PM EDT
[#30]
Ok here is something I don't understand about modern Christians.  The original bible has been edited so many times, with so much added and removed, how do you know that what you are preaching is the truth. I understand the basic Tennant is the ten commandments are rules to live by to be a good person, which any moral person would normally do anyway. The Bible is basically a history book describing events that unfolded during a time period,  through the eyes of multiple people, folded into a narrative.  Where did the idea of hell come from? It is not in the bible, nore is it described . And the discussion of divinity and the summination of evil spirits is not either as far as I can see. Are those things old testament ideas thar are not included in the KJB?
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 9:14:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9divdoc] [#31]
What does the bible say about Conjuring Up Spirits

The Bible refers to Hell over 162 times in the NT alone ...
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 9:15:44 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By ronin70:
Ok here is something I don't understand about modern Christians.  The original bible has been edited so many times, with so much added and removed, how do you know that what you are preaching is the truth. I understand the basic Tennant is the ten commandments are rules to live by to be a good person, which any moral person would normally do anyway. The Bible is basically a history book describing events that unfolded during a time period,  through the eyes of multiple people, folded into a narrative.  Where did the idea of hell come from? It is not in the bible, nore is it described . And the discussion of divinity and the summination of evil spirits is not either as far as I can see. Are those things old testament ideas thar are not included in the KJB?
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 9:22:01 PM EDT
[#33]
Ok here is something I don't understand about modern Christians.  The original bible has been edited so many times, with so much added and removed, how do you know that what you are preaching is the truth.
View Quote

Because original texts, written in the original languages, dating back to the second(?),  third(?), and fourth centuries, are still in existence.  There are very nice scans on the internet and if wish you can learn the languages and do your own translation and see how well the present translations match yours.

Many thousands of Biblical scholars have been doing this for a long time. They argue about amazingly minuscule details too, it’s interesting to read.

But yes our translations available today are pretty good. I’m not going to slide into recommending one as that’s a huge subject for a different thread in the religion subforum.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 10:33:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Tomac] [#34]
View Quote

God gave man free will to choose good or evil. It's not God's fault if man chooses evil and causes the suffering of innocents.
Yes, God could end all evil & suffering instantly, but only by removing man's free will.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 10:37:33 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By Tomac:

God gave man free will to choose good or evil. It's not God's fault if man chooses evil and causes the suffering of innocents.
Yes, God could end all evil & suffering instantly, but only be removing man's free will.
View All Quotes

Yes, God could end all evil & suffering instantly, but only be removing man's free will.

What happened to Sodom and Gamorrah's free will?
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 10:37:34 PM EDT
[#36]
View Quote

Matthew 10:28 KJV:
And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

And there are numerous references to eternal torment & the lake of fire.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 10:38:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Tomac] [#37]
Originally Posted By Wolverine1776:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Wolverine1776:

They freely chose evil. Choices have consequences.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 10:43:01 PM EDT
[#38]

View Quote

There was nobody's free will involved in my firstborn son being stillborn. My son had not made a single decision before your "God" decided he didn't deserve a chance at life. If God exists, and I really hope he does, I can't wait to pull his fucking face off of his head and show it to him as he dies.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 10:43:08 PM EDT
[#39]

View Quote

So God doesn't intervene because he gave man free will.  Except for all the times he does intervene to enforce supernatural consequences.

I really want to know what the weird "Gomorrah" move is, now.   God doesn't even intervene for genocide or childhood leukemia.  Whatever they did in G-town gotta be fuckin crazy.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 10:45:29 PM EDT
[#40]
Jeez, I thought you guys would have more posts than this. Ya gotta pump up those numbers!!!
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 4:46:24 AM EDT
[#41]

Believe what you like but remember, choices have consequences.
I suggest you read my sig line.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Tarkan:
It really shouldn't surprise any rational person that people who think some god knocked up an teenage virgin, thus giving them a prophet, are afraid of a cardboard game.

You only do what the bible tells you because you're scared of what might happen after death?

That's what I get out of the sigline, that you've been given some kind of ultimatum to "be good....or else".

Link Posted: 5/10/2024 5:48:00 AM EDT
[#42]
maybe its fancy cardboard maybe its a conduit.

But if evil is real and you use that board with any intent it would work to focus your thoughts and desires....and maybe dumb shit might be brought into your life maybe not.

Seems like a FAFO toy.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 6:06:08 AM EDT
[#43]
It spells S.T.E.V.E.N.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 6:49:52 AM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By sitdwnandhngon:

You only do what the bible tells you because you're scared of what might happen after death?
That's what I get out of the sigline, that you've been given some kind of ultimatum to "be good....or else".
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By sitdwnandhngon:
Originally Posted By Tarkan:
It really shouldn't surprise any rational person that people who think some god knocked up an teenage virgin, thus giving them a prophet, are afraid of a cardboard game.

I worship God and follow the teachings of Jesus out of choice, not fear.
And in essence, yes, God has given us the ultimatum (and choice) of how we spend our lives (and eternity). His universe, His rules.
Unfortunately, in today's world we see so much emphasis on the worldly, the secular, the temporary instead of the eternal. All distractions from that eternity that's coming for us all.
But God's salvation is free to anyone who chooses it. You have but to look at the current state of this world to see ample proof of how badly we need it.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 6:50:56 AM EDT
[#45]
Captain Howdy?
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 7:04:28 AM EDT
[#46]

So God doesn't intervene because he gave man free will.  Except for all the times he does intervene to enforce supernatural consequences.

I really want to know what the weird "Gomorrah" move is, now.   God doesn't even intervene for genocide or childhood leukemia.  Whatever they did in G-town gotta be fuckin crazy.
View All Quotes

I don't claim to know why God makes certain decisions, nor make excuses for those decisions we may disagree with or not understand. His universe, His rules.
I don't blame God for giving me alcoholic parents who died in my 20's, or for anything else bad in my life.
I do know He gave us all the opportunity to avoid certain judgement out of grace when He didn't have to.
For that I am always thankful.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 8:06:48 AM EDT
[#47]

There was nobody's free will involved in my firstborn son being stillborn. My son had not made a single decision before your "God" decided he didn't deserve a chance at life. If God exists, and I really hope he does, I can't wait to pull his fucking face off of his head and show it to him as he dies.
View All Quotes

If God exists, you aren't doing shit but groveling and begging. You really think you're going to do anything to a being capable of creating everything from nothing, a being who sent an angel to slaughter 144,00 men in one night?  
 Now that is hubris.
 Look into original sin and how the Earth is polluted.  Sorry about your son but mankind brought this upon ourselves.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 8:13:33 AM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By Fugitive:
 If God exists, you aren't doing shit but groveling and begging. You really think you're going to do anything to a being capable of creating everything from nothing, a being who sent an angel to slaughter 144,00 men in one night?  
 Now that is hubris.
 Look into original sin and how the Earth is polluted.  Sorry about your son but mankind brought this upon ourselves.
View Quote

With Optimus Prime and board games.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 8:42:39 AM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By chupacabras:
Captain Howdy?
View Quote

My Ouija spirit answered to Captain Horny and I don't think it's a lady demon
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 8:51:28 AM EDT
[#50]