Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 6
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 8:40:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By mbg0001:
It's there a method to decertify your church with the national Methodist organization?  

Decertify might not be the right word, but basically take the specific congregation local.
View Quote

There was a window when you could disaffiliate. But you had to meet the deadline I understand
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 8:43:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By TXBBQGuy:

IIRC a lot of methodist churches are actually owned (the building and property) by the UMC and not the congregation
View Quote

All of them are. We had to buy ours back.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 8:43:46 PM EDT
[#3]
You don't need a dedicated building to be a church body.  Those who choose to flee this evil, can meet with each other in their own homes, and teach the work of God using Scripture - just like the early Church did.

If the Church you attend has left teaching from Scripture, find a few like minded Families or individuals and meet together.

If you still want the Church building, you can buy it at the bankruptcy sale in a few years.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 9:04:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Our Methodist church is going to end up closing soon as they should. However they are closing for the wrong reasons, no congregation left to keep it afloat and the ones there are against the church’s change but are not enough against it to protest through absenteeism.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 9:13:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By manderson1911:

The United Methodist Church "mothership" i guess you call it owns the church property and land and such. They could of voted to get out and go another way by buying the land and property and doing what you said, however lots of churchs wouldn't let their congregation vote this forcing it to stay with the leftist side of the Church. So now that the new doctrine has taken place everyone left and the church is empty and now cant pay its bills.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By NotJackMiller:

Why are they quitting?  Keep the church and kick out the denomination.

The United Methodist Church "mothership" i guess you call it owns the church property and land and such. They could of voted to get out and go another way by buying the land and property and doing what you said, however lots of churchs wouldn't let their congregation vote this forcing it to stay with the leftist side of the Church. So now that the new doctrine has taken place everyone left and the church is empty and now cant pay its bills.

That building is going to be worth a whole lot without a congregation.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 10:43:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By TontoGoldstein:
Sounds like there are going to be a bunch of former Methodist buildings headed to a fire sale.

Not talking about arson.
View Quote

Those churches will all become mosques and the modern Judases of the UMC will have received their 30 pieces of silver.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 10:48:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 10:52:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Methodists are, in my opinion, more of a Social Club than a Religion.

They're fine, if that's all you're looking for.

Link Posted: 5/9/2024 10:53:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: GunLvrPHD] [#9]
Originally Posted By Genin:
I really don't care if organized religions continue to "shoot themselves in the foot" with questionable or controversial decisions.  Of course they have every right to make whatever decisions they want, but I really don't care if some dumb decisions result in a religious organization loosing 20-75% of its membership.  Folks that don't like the decisions are of course free to start their own religion with their own doctrine.

Religious organizations, governments and other organizations continue to change and evolve, just as the societies change or evolve.

Some things that have changed over the past 100 years:

Interracial marriage
Elimination or reduction of segregation in eating and drinking areas and seating
homosexuality becoming "legal"
same sex marriage
abortion becoming more available as opposed to only available in "back alley/coathanger" type places
View Quote

Interracial marriage has been around for thousands of years.

I wonder of any of the Black Protestant churches are having these issues?
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 11:03:13 PM EDT
[#10]
We live next door to a UMC and our kids used to play with the old pastor's kids. The pastor and his wife have been in our house many times.

They kicked him out and told him if he wanted to be a pastor they could offer him a church out in the sticks that had a congregation in the single digits

He was living in a house on the other side of the church in a church owned house with his wife and three kids. They gave them two weeks to leave.

He went back into regular 9-5 work and they are living about 10 minutes away from us now. He would carry in a small cross body rig to protect the congregation.

New pastor is 'woke' and was brought in from outside of the area. Church leaders are women in their 60's and the congregation average age is way up there.

We'll see if they're still around in 5 years
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 11:16:51 PM EDT
[#11]
Surprised this has not been mentioned, but the UMC contributes lots of $ to anti gun organizations. Every local UMC pays "dues" to the national organization, so your local $ goes to pro abortion and anti gun groups.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 11:31:57 PM EDT
[#12]
I grew up in the UMC where my grandfather was a very conservative pastor. He would be appalled, to put it mildly, if he were still alive to see what his denomination has become. I left the UMC years ago when the leftist nonsense started and they began taking more and more leftist stances like support for the AWB.

My wife grew up in the ELCA so we tried that for a while, with minimal enthusiasm. When the rector praised Saint Greta in a sermon, I nearly walked out. My wife didn't even need to ask if we would return. We didn't. Ever.

For the next few months we tried to find a denomination that fit us. Personally I don't adhere to a lot of SB theology but I recognized their general reliance on Biblical teachings. Megachurches were just not an option. After nearly despairing of finding a church, I learned of the Anglican Church in North America. It's basically the conservative members who left the US Episcopal church in the mid-2000s. It's very traditional and is exactly what we hoped to find.

THere was a small UMC close to our church that closed a few months ago. It's now a non-denominational community church.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 11:40:05 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Oldgold:

There was a window when you could disaffiliate. But you had to meet the deadline I understand
View Quote

There were several "problems" with the original plan, especially for small churches, with little or no staff, or parishioners who could do the "legwork" and such.

First and foremost, was the financial cost to disaffiliate.

Then, the paperwork had to be reviewed and approved by the Conference.

When bigger churches started "buying out", the Conference saw the hemorrhage of money (1st priority now) and members (2nd priority now) and started slowrolling all other disaffiliation applications. Then at last year's Annual Conference, they approved a motion to suspend further disaffiliations. The problem there was, the Discipline lays out rules for business at Annual Conference, to include informing pastors about what will be voted on, etc. before Annual Conference. That was not done, probably because so many churches were still in the process, like my home church, and then the door was suddenly closed.

As it stands now, the Alabama-West Florida conference is being sued by roughly 40 churches, that were in the process of disaffiliation. There is a separate lawsuit by Harvest Methodist Church in Dothan, which has a large campus and is worth millions. They have the money, but aren't being allowed to leave and keep their property, which they claim was never put "in trust" with the UMC. The Alabama Supreme Court has agreed to hear both lawsuits, which has really irked the UMC, who claim that these matters are "church law".

It's a big mess.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 11:45:38 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By tveddy:

Properties are owned by the UMC.
To dissaffiliate the umc makes the church members pay market rate for the property.

My wife was a umc pastor but she went free methodist last year. Im glad she got out while she could
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 11:52:22 PM EDT
[#15]
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By klinc:

To dissaffiliate the umc makes the church members pay market rate for the property.

My wife was a umc pastor but she went free methodist last year. Im glad she got out while she could

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/subnetfavoritelol-1033.gif

Yeah that really jumped out to me as well. At least now we know free Methodist aren’t following the Bible either.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 12:08:17 AM EDT
[Last Edit: EasTexan] [#16]
Our Church kicked out all the ones who wanted to stay with “United”.

There were like 10 people who left and almost 3/4 of them have gay children.

The UMC doesn’t get the property.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 2:19:31 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By tsonda4570:

Yeah that really jumped out to me as well. At least now we know free Methodist aren’t following the Bible either.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By tsonda4570:
Originally Posted By klinc:

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/subnetfavoritelol-1033.gif

Haha I read that thinking, “Should we tell him?”
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 2:24:50 AM EDT
[#18]
Friend goes to a Methodist church that split off from the church they were associated with when they decided to let women be pastors or whatever it was. This was a few years ago before the gay thing. She said it obviously cost them money but apparently was worth it to them. Said they got near 100% of the members to approval to do it.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 6:21:07 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Thugbuster:
View Quote

That's...pathetic.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 7:08:17 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By HourOfAngle:
Friend goes to a Methodist church that split off from the church they were associated with when they decided to let women be pastors or whatever it was. This was a few years ago before the gay thing. She said it obviously cost them money but apparently was worth it to them. Said they got near 100% of the members to approval to do it.
View Quote

I couldn't imagine belonging to a church that doesn't forbid women from being clergyman () and condemn the idea of gay clergy and gay marriage from the top down.
This really is the fruit of the devil's works, infiltrating and destroying churches from within.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 7:42:21 AM EDT
[#21]
How many old methodist churches are there?  How many are buying out and changing denominations?   I haven't seen any closing, just changing brands.

My mother's small, two-dozen member church had to come up with about $350k to buy themselves from the UMC.

That has to add up.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 7:44:20 AM EDT
[#22]
The one my kids went to for preschool jump to the shark. They now have their flashing sign saying everyone is welcome with a rainbow flag behind it. Luckily my kids are older now.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 7:49:32 AM EDT
[Last Edit: callgood] [#23]
I went to the United Methodist Church website once, and buried down where it was hard to find was a call to remove all firearms.

FWIW, our Methodist church dumped those suckers like a hot potato. We're now the 1st Methodist Church. They made us pay a chunk of change and we had to buy all new hymnals.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 7:53:21 AM EDT
[#24]
The UMC is going down the same path to hell that the Presbyterian USA church is on.
Why is anyone surprised by this? Were we not told?

2 Thessalonians 2:3
for that Day will not come unless the falling away comes first,
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 8:44:22 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By FlashMan-7k:
The UMC recently split off from the more bible believing congregations, because those congregations would not agree that what's evil is good.

Post split, who's there to stop the UMC from making it even more open and obvious that it's not christian?

They pushed out anyone who restrained them. Now they will go into full blow cancer mode and destroy what's left.
View Quote

That's what the left does.  The long march through our institutions comes to fruition.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 9:02:18 AM EDT
[#26]
My PCA church needs a new building because we're growing, not shrinking. Hopefully the Methodist church a block away from us will be on the market soon.

Even Calvin saw this one coming.... ❤️
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 9:29:09 AM EDT
[#27]
This is the story of Antiochus IV, the Maccabean revolt, and the establishment of the Sadducees....
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 9:42:19 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Phineas7] [#28]
African Missionaries sent to the UMC
https://babylonbee.com/news/missionaries-travel-from-africa-to-reach-the-united-methodist-church

Interesting how "just now" methodist are starting to realize what the methodist church is.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 9:45:07 AM EDT
[#29]
Same thing is happening with the Mennonite church.

Half of the mennonite churches are all touchy-Feely-liberals, and the other very conservative.

Then there is the old orders, but that's a different story.

A good amount of mennonite churches have left/will leave the committee or whatever its called over gay marriage issue, the head honcho mennonite committee said to allow it, and people ain't happy.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 9:48:53 AM EDT
[#30]
Leftists couldn't get rid of Christianity, so they infiltrated it.

This is not an enemy that the right can compete with. Always planning, plotting, and 2 steps ahead.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 9:53:25 AM EDT
[Last Edit: oarlock] [#31]
We left years ago when they took an official position denouncing Israel and backing Palestine
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 10:02:26 AM EDT
[#32]
There's got to be a way to build local legal entities to slowly replace the centralized beast.  People need to give to the local church, not the franchise.  The local church can manage what it transfers to the franchise.  Pay a minimum to keep the pastor in employment benefits.  Flip the ownership structure around so the locally-controlled franchise sells the building and land to the real local church, then rents it.  Have the franchise change its name out of some stupid woke justification and transfer the rights to the real name to the local church legal entity.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 10:13:04 AM EDT
[#33]

I mean best i can tell 4 or 5 that i'm aware of in North GA aren't going to make the summer running off their reserve funds.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Moyockgunner:
I expected this.

I mean best i can tell 4 or 5 that i'm aware of in North GA aren't going to make the summer running off their reserve funds.

A contractor buddy of mine goes to the Methodist church. We are here in Southwest Michigan and he said they had a big split four years ago or something like that. It was all about homosexuality and women basically. He stuck with the branch that is against all of that stuff. It was a big deal though and obviously still is. It sucks that it has to be such a thing. My boy goes to a private Lutheran School Wisconsin synod and it has been fantastic. No PC or woke b*******. I went to the same school kindergarten through eighth grade in the 1980s. Great experience.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 10:20:16 AM EDT
[Last Edit: glklvr] [#34]
Actual conversation I had with a liberal Christian:

Them: Yea! Gay marriage is cool. Homosexuality is a-ok!
Me: What does the Bible say about homosexuality?
Them: DoNt uSe ThE bibLe tO jUsTiFY yOuR biGoTrY.

It's there. In black and white. Multiple times.

It's insane the number of conservative Methodist who have collectively spent millions of dollars to "buy" land and buildings from the heretical UMC. Go to another, less retarded denomination or start your own church. It's just a name.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 10:41:46 AM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By NotJackMiller:
There's got to be a way to build local legal entities to slowly replace the centralized beast.  People need to give to the local church, not the franchise.  The local church can manage what it transfers to the franchise.  Pay a minimum to keep the pastor in employment benefits.  Flip the ownership structure around so the locally-controlled franchise sells the building and land to the real local church, then rents it.  Have the franchise change its name out of some stupid woke justification and transfer the rights to the real name to the local church legal entity.
View Quote

Sounds like your describing a business, not a religious organization. You could go the way of the Amish and have no "church". Pretty hard to infiltrate a tight knit organization of dedicated church goers without a centralized structure. Especially if you honestly talk the talk and walk the walk and live your life by your faith, instead of just phoning it in once a week and throwing some money in a plate and calling it good.

Not a fan of full time paid pastors/reverends/fathers either. They should have day jobs, they either have the calling or not.

Best pastor I ever met was a plumber by trade, did a church group at the local community building on Wednesday nights and a service there on Sundays. Very well attended. That man had faith and was hardcore.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 10:46:56 AM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By bigstick61:

It was always about corrupting and destroying the churches. They use inclusivity and such things as a pretense, but their goal was always apostasy and the ultimate destruction of the church. They have made inroads in almost all denominations.
View Quote

Yes, they absolutely have, it's been a concerted and deliberate offensive that has resulted in them gaining a strong influence if not dominance over every Christian denomination.  

I usd to scoff at the claims of a "War on Christianity," but it's getting harder to dismiss those claims today.  

A reasonable man who is a Christian would have a strong argument to support his belief that there is a War on Christanity itself.

Link Posted: 5/10/2024 10:52:34 AM EDT
[#37]
UU is a hyper hate, hyper racist, hyper sexist cult.

Left is steering other "churches" into the same track.

It's not about religion, it is about hate, racism, sexism and all other sorts of Leftist evil.

Prosecute Sanctuary, prison for those who provide sanctuary.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 10:58:17 AM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By patmuaddib:

We had a family with several young children that attended for a while, but stopped coming for at least several months. Shortly thereafter, the father started transitioning into a woman and they started attending again. People were nice to them, but we obviously didn't give them the attention they craved, so they stopped coming all together. The pastor at the time was former military and law enforcement. He was amazing. Our new pastor, like I mentioned, is from Africa, and seemingly, even stronger in their faith. When my dad suffered a catastrophic stroke in December, the pastor asked if they could come to the hospital and anoint him with oil and lay hands on him. We didn't know the extent of the damage the stroke had done at that point, but we learned soon after that he was technically brain dead. From that point on, I am the pastor's biggest advocate and truly believe our church will flourish under their direction, in spite of the new rule changes from the General Conference.
View Quote

If there is a silver lining to this relentless assault on Christianity I think it will make the faithful shine brighter.  

I know my own faith is growing stronger in the face of these relentless assaults.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 11:06:14 AM EDT
[Last Edit: CoconutLaCroix] [#39]
Say what you want about the Eastern Orthodox, but they don't budge on any of that. Not many subversives are going to go through a 6+ month catechism, stand up for 3 hour liturgies and confess every Saturday to a priest who has the binding authority to bar them from communion and excommunicate them if they see they have malicious intentions. Really helps separate the wheat from the chaff when your church is an actual unapologetic patriarchy

Any church that aims to be seeker friendly will be subverted imo.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 11:07:58 AM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By 762xIAN:

Sounds like your describing a business, not a religious organization. You could go the way of the Amish and have no "church". Pretty hard to infiltrate a tight knit organization of dedicated church goers without a centralized structure. Especially if you honestly talk the talk and walk the walk and live your life by your faith, instead of just phoning it in once a week and throwing some money in a plate and calling it good.

Not a fan of full time paid pastors/reverends/fathers either. They should have day jobs, they either have the calling or not.

Best pastor I ever met was a plumber by trade, did a church group at the local community building on Wednesday nights and a service there on Sundays. Very well attended. That man had faith and was hardcore.
View Quote

In an ideal world there could be a lot to gain from organizing, but sadly power always corrupts and requires constant effort to check.  Whenever you centralize someone you empower some individual or individuals and like iron placed in salt water such power is corrorsive to the soul.  Even the best men of the highest character can be corrupted when given power over others.  Yet, at the same time politics infects everything and without a collective front it is difficult to prevent a overly empowered government from acting against any organization, especially a religious one these days. Case in point, the FBI memo about "radical traditional Catholics" last year (i.e. people who liked Latin mass).  

I would ideally like full time clergy who could immerse themselves in and dedicate every waking moment of their lives to the study and application of scripture.  Sadly, as you point out when money enters into the equation so to does opportunities for conflicts of interest.  

Wiser men than me need to find a way to achieve a better system of checks and balances that can counter the weakness of men.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 11:10:32 AM EDT
[Last Edit: KaerMorhenResident] [#41]
Originally Posted By CoconutLaCroix:
Say what you want about the Eastern Orthodox, but they don't budge on any of that. Not many subversives are going to go through a 6+ month catechism, stand up for 3 hour liturgies and confess every Saturday to a priest who has the binding authority to bar them from communion and excommunicate them if they see they have malicious intentions. Really helps separate the wheat from the chaff when your church is an actual unapologetic patriarchy

Any church that aims to be seeker friendly will be subverted imo.
View Quote

Oh I'm sure the cultists of the LGBTQ will eventually set their sights on the Eastern Orthodox church and if they feel that they cannot make any headway there they'll simply associate with Russia and you'll see the Federal government  turn its "eye of Sauron" towards it.

I mean if the FBI are drafting memos about Catholics (a relatively liberal denomination these days) I can only imagine what kind of investigations they have going on right now involving Eastern Orthodox churches.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 11:20:04 AM EDT
[#42]
Bending the rules so they conform with your lifestyle instead of bending your lifestyle to conform with the rules . Its just classic human behavior. Just ignore and dismiss all the parts that you dont like . One glance at the homo lifestyle , behaviors and objectives would tell anyone with 2 brain cells to rub together that there is nothing natural , moral , or good about it . I see them more as a byproduct of a decaying society.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 11:21:14 AM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By glklvr:
Actual conversation I had with a liberal Christian:

Them: Yea! Gay marriage is cool. Homosexuality is a-ok!
Me: What does the Bible say about homosexuality?
Them: DoNt uSe ThE bibLe tO jUsTiFY yOuR biGoTrY.

It's there. In black and white. Multiple times.

It's insane the number of conservative Methodist who have collectively spent millions of dollars to "buy" land and buildings from the heretical UMC. Go to another, less retarded denomination or start your own church. It's just a name.
View Quote

I find that kind of attitude, full on insane.

It's not bigotry, it's a desire not to go to Hell.   As you point there is no ambiguity on these points.   To watch so many people kneel before the alter of the LGBTQ cult is like finding yourself in a bad horror flick or stuck in the Jim Jones compound.    

I don't fear much, but I do fear eternal damnation.  I'd no more walk into a "church" of LGBTQ worshippers than I would walk into a wall of fire.  Forgiveness is reserved for those who repent and seek forgiveness for their sins, not for those who gleefully continue their sin and seek to spread it others. Tolerance is for those who are not actively seeking to bring down my Church.  Even Jesus drew the line with the money lenders in the Temple.

Link Posted: 5/10/2024 11:21:32 AM EDT
[#44]
Some may not have noticed, however, I believe the reformation of the Church continues, this is taking place before our eyes (my point of this post). Yes, I perceive it as a slow process, and we need 'patient endurance', I believe this reformation of the church is happening at an ever more increasing rate. I do not know if it'll be in my lifetime, but the church is headed in this direction, where eventually 'denominationalism' or institution will no longer be the dynamic in fruitful Christianity.

The thought may not sit well with you if you are an catholic, but I'd say that the Roman Catholic perceived 'apostolic authority' has lost its appeal over many what I call 'awake' catholics, Do any know the reasons why this might be so, if we are honest with ourselves?

Importantly, I present to you that the Church is indeed One universal, it IS every born-again, believer and follower of Christ Jesus. Likely, we do agree on more than we think we do. Nevertheless, God is still working on us, washing us, preparing us.

Keeping a clear conscience. Forsaking my sin, seeking forgiveness. I've been praying for the church in my city. I encourage you to pray also for the church. By faith, we must now discern the body of Christ. <<<

The wheat and the tares we will have.

Institutional or denominational Christianity is being reformed - to more, real heart to heart relationships in the household of faith (a community of believers). God is working through it all. Love as Christ loved you. God reigns sovereign over it all.

I am not a Methodist. However, I remember in my past the ministry of those [a] people, how through an act of love had affected me and my family. I cannot forget. We as a church must come together as a people.

Link Posted: 5/10/2024 11:22:41 AM EDT
[#45]
Methodist Church has had issues for at least 20 years.

The Southern Conference sent pastors to the church I grew up in with instructions to work on reducing parishioners so the church would not be able to self support and shut down.  This was a church that had split many many years ago due to a disagreement in the direction of the church, so a large group bought a new property and built a new church.  Many years later the Southern Methodist Conference wasn't happy with the amount of money being sent to them and realizing the value of the church property in a prime location wanted to sell the land to developers, hence the conference kept sending Pastors (Methodist don't choose the Pastor) with instructions to work towards reducing the congregation and have the church dissolve.  They eventually succeeded, but not before one Pastor worked with the congregation on a poison pill that wouldn't allow the property to be sold as long as a Church resided there, and a third church has setup shop there, making a lot of improvements and expanded parking significantly. so appears set to stay.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 11:24:03 AM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By DDDDCheapAF:
Bending the rules so they conform with your lifestyle instead of bending your lifestyle to conform with the rules . Its just classic human behavior. Just ignore and dismiss all the parts that you dont like . One glance at the homo lifestyle , behaviors and objectives would tell anyone with 2 brain cells to rub together that there is nothing natural , moral , or good about it . I see them more as a byproduct of a decaying society.
View Quote

Absolutely, the errosion of Western civilization. The slow degrading of Greek Philosophy, Roman Civic Virtue, and Christian Morality that resulted in the dominance of Western civilization for hundreds of years being slowly destroyed by the insane cultists.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 4:54:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: fssf158] [#47]
Originally Posted By 762xIAN:

View Quote

The Amish have their own power structure that sustains corrupt doctrine.  Amish elders, part time though they may be, arguably have tighter control over their church members than a typical pastor because those people can’t just switch to the church down the street and the congregation is their whole social circle.

Pastors making their living by the their calling is biblical.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 5:02:34 PM EDT
[#48]
I live in a rural area and with the "split" or Schism in the Methodist church went official it looks like last week. It appears the word has come down from above that they now need to do Gay marriages, have gay pastors and be much more "inclusive". We all already knew this nothing new here, but with it going official this week and the official word coming down the exodus from my church is mind numbing. I mean EVERYONE who did anything left. They are already talking about layoffs in the staff and not being able to make it through summer... A good friend and his wife both worked with one and they said its really bad all the kids left, all the employees and youth minister quit on the spot. Then the layoff talks started after half the staff already quit.

I spot checked a few other buddies who are connected with the Methodist church in other areas but fairly close by and all of them report the same thing. Curious if you all are seeing this in your areas yet?
View Quote

The closest Methodist church to me changed from UMC to Fundamental Methodist on the signage..
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 8:42:01 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By John_Wayne777:
This is the inevitable result of letting subversives promote dissension and heresy on the theory that Jesus wanted you to be nice to dangerous people spewing damnable bullshit.
View Quote

Matthew 10
34 “Do not think that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I have not come to bring peace, but a sword. 35 For I have come to set a man against his father, and a daughter against her mother, and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law. 36 And a person's enemies will be those of his own household. 37 Whoever loves father or mother more than me is not worthy of me, and whoever loves son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me. 38 And whoever does not take his cross and follow me is not worthy of me. 39 Whoever finds his life will lose it, and whoever loses his life for my sake will find it.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 8:49:36 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By Idpapaperoperator:
Leftists couldn't get rid of Christianity, so they infiltrated it.

This is not an enemy that the right can compete with. Always planning, plotting, and 2 steps ahead.
View Quote

This is the truth.  They play a different game.
Page / 6
Top Top