Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 9:19:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By USMC7382:
That young lady needs a Christmas card every year from y’all.

Good job OP.  When tough decisions had to be made, you did the right thing.
View Quote

Yes, hopefully you can maintain contact and keep an active address/phone number for her. Sounds like she is now without both of her parents. Sad.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 9:20:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 9:25:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: M1Zeppelin] [#3]
Bad ass OP,

Edited for 3rd grade reading level.

Seriously though, good work.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 9:26:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Well done.

I’m sorry you had to go through that.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 9:32:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 9:36:43 PM EDT
[#6]
You did good man ; Own it!

It’s a hard thing, but a good thing.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 9:39:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 21usernamechecksout] [#7]
124gr +p speer gold dot......
Looking back, would  you change anything about your carry gun or ammunition used?
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 9:41:03 PM EDT
[#8]
That is very cool. I am glad she reached out to you as it sure seems like you struggled with what you had to do.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 9:57:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: anesvick] [#9]
Originally Posted By 21usernamechecksout:
124gr +p speer gold dot......
Looking back, would  you change anything about your carry gun or ammunition used?
View Quote
No, I've carried Gold Dots or HSTs pretty much forever, and that loading seems to work well out of everything.  I've switched carry guns a couple of times, moreso in the name of weight and size than any shortcoming of the Sig.  I carry a CZ P10C now because I shoot it well, it's cheap, it's light, and I can replace it with a short walk to the safe since I now have 3 of them.

Link Posted: 5/9/2024 9:59:55 PM EDT
[#10]
I remember that thread as well......no one has the right to judge or question what you did, as it was the right thing to do
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 10:06:41 PM EDT
[#11]
Damn, OP

I remember your story

This is something altogether more
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 10:25:39 PM EDT
[#12]
Dang OP,  I’m certainly proud of you as a member, for being responsible, doing the right thing and bearing a burden that we all think about every time we carry a gun defensively, but we don’t know that burden personally.  So thank you for sharing so we can better know what we are doing, too.

I’m glad she reached out.  You deserve to hear something!
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 10:39:49 PM EDT
[#13]
That is a very moving story OP. 🍻
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 10:47:15 PM EDT
[#14]
That’s something you don’t see every day. Stuff of myth. My sons and daughters will know this story.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 10:58:33 PM EDT
[#15]
Amazing OP. You were a hero that night and it sounds like you’re still that little girl’s hero.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 10:58:45 PM EDT
[#16]
Some things they get posted here are awesome.

This is fucking AWESOME!

Glad you heard from her and even more glad to hear she's doing great.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 11:05:29 PM EDT
[#17]
Awesome full circle, you all need to meet again when the time is right...
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 11:05:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bjkb1f] [#18]
Originally Posted By M1Zeppelin:
Bad ass OP,

Now I do want to do a little ball busting and ask how much did you have to pay the writer of the article to mention you are, and I quote “rippled with muscle”

View Quote

Uh, that’s the dead bad guy the author was describing.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 11:09:08 PM EDT
[#19]
Thanks for the back story and the update good on you.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 11:12:21 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By TRRiverdude:
Sure is dusty in here.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/9/2024 11:13:22 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By anesvick:
Came full circle last night, had to stop by the old digs for a picture on the way home from work today.  This is where it all happened nearly six years ago.  
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/249379/PXL_20240509_190526822_jpg-3209819.JPG

For those who have not heard the story, here's a link: https://americanhandgunner.com/our-experts/armed-citizen-rescues-woman-and-child/

I'll start off by saying that I've never questioned whether I did the right thing or not.  He was going to kill her, possibly both of them.  The only people the ever called my actions into question are too ignorant to know better, and stupid enough to enjoy being like that.  

I've heard every good thing over the years, but I never heard anything from the Parties involved.... the mother, Krista, the daughter, Aspen.  They left months after everything happened, and I figured I would never hear from them.  One you all on here had found some info about Krista, that she had taken her own life back in 2021.  I was absolutely gutted when I found out, but at least she had the option to make that choice, instead of some drunk, high asshole making it for her.  My wife and I had worried what had happened to Aspen since though.  She was only 9 at the time.  

I was laying in bed at 9 last night, watching the recap from the F1 Miami race, and I get a text.... I never get texts, its either from Teams for work, or my wife sending me something in Messenger.  I was floored......

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/249379/Screenshot_20240509-181112_png-3209826.JPGhttps://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/249379/Screenshot_20240509-181142_png-3209827.JPG

Then my wife proceeded to take over the phone and talked to her for a few hours.  She's doing well, lives with her father now.  She's 15.  I'm so glad to hear shes alright... she's got heart.  Willing to take on someone five times her size with just a T-Ball bat.  

I'm still floored..... Feeling a lot of things I haven't felt in a few years, because I walled that shit off in the cupboard in the corner where it needed to stay.  I wish she still had her mom, but she's still here, and I'll pray for her every night like I do my own kids.  

Just figured I'd come post my thoughts on here.  I owe GD a lot for helping me get through the whole thing, tons of well wishes, PMs, and all kinds of stuff over the years.  

View Quote

Holy shit is it dusty in here.

I'm glad you were there, then.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 11:15:44 PM EDT
[#22]
I remember this thread . You did great. Glad to see the kid is doing well.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 11:20:09 PM EDT
[#23]
What an awesome update!
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 11:25:15 PM EDT
[#24]
You did the hard thing but the right thing.

I’d be happy to have you and your family as neighbors.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 11:38:33 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 11:43:20 PM EDT
[#26]
That is so awesome she reached out. Priceless! Good for her to remember you and reach out. Good for you. Prayers for you both.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 11:43:41 PM EDT
[#27]
Wow. I must have missed the original story but thanks for the update. I pray that girl does well, especially having to deal with two tragic events in such a short time.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 11:46:36 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By anesvick:
No, I've carried Gold Dots or HSTs pretty much forever, and that loading seems to work well out of everything.  I've switched carry guns a couple of times, moreso in the name of weight and size than any shortcoming of the Sig.  I carry a CZ P10C now because I shoot it well, it's cheap, it's light, and I can replace it with a short walk to the safe since I now have 3 of them.

View Quote

That's a good choice.

I suppose I missed this the first time around. Its a heck of a story.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 11:54:56 PM EDT
[#29]
Damn.  I remember….  You absolutely did the right thing.

Good that this kid is with her dad now, and knows that you saved her life, and also appreciates it.  Hopefully she will do well going forward.  Sucks about her mother, but it really isn’t that surprising unfortunately.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 12:05:14 AM EDT
[#30]
Thanks for the update.  I remember the incident.  Very nice to hear she made contact with you.  That’s huge.  Sounds like it took some effort on her part.  Also sounds like she has had something of a rough go of it, losing her mom like that, yet has managed to remain grateful for life in general.  She’s going to be alright.  

You did well that night, OP.  

Link Posted: 5/10/2024 5:28:31 AM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By Signal_Zero:
I remember your original thread, OP.  Thanks for posting this!  God bless you, brother, and God bless her too!
View Quote

I was going to type out something very similar, but Signal_Zero said it best.

God bless you and her and those around you both.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 5:45:57 AM EDT
[#32]
Bad ass OP,

Now I do want to do a little ball busting and ask how much did you have to pay the writer of the article to mention you are, and I quote “rippled with muscle”

View Quote

That was the description of the attacker. The same attacker who called op a fatass so many times that his wife repeated it to the 911 dispatcher.

Regardless of stature or physical appearance, op is clearly gifted with gigantic juevos and a heart and mind to match.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 5:48:29 AM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By Pair_of_ACES:

Yes, hopefully you can maintain contact and keep an active address/phone number for her. Sounds like she is now without both of her parents. Sad.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

She lives with her Dad.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 5:59:33 AM EDT
[#34]
I remember the thread.

I know it feels good that this young woman reached out.

Link Posted: 5/10/2024 6:10:16 AM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By HDLS:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By HDLS:
Originally Posted By Nobody69s:
Pretty heavy thread OP.
You're a good man.

Link Posted: 5/10/2024 6:18:21 AM EDT
[#36]
That's an incredible update.

You're a good dude, OP, and I'm proud you're a Hoosier.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 6:23:58 AM EDT
[#37]
If you are anything remotely like me I imagine you feel 1000lbs lighter after she contacted you and thanked you.

I'm glad she reached out.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 6:33:12 AM EDT
[#38]
Man, this is up there with one of the best threads I could ever read first thing in the morning.

You're a fucking hero. Thanks for sharing
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 6:35:49 AM EDT
[Last Edit: wgjhsafT] [#39]
Originally Posted By arowneragain:
I can't imagine what a flood of emotion that brought up.

You did good. The wolf knocked on your door and you answered like a man. Nobody can change that.

I hope the daughter turns out well. You made a difference in her life.
View Quote
Reading those texts almost made me well up.  

The right thing was done.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 6:36:27 AM EDT
[#40]
I hope this will help you with some of your bad feelings about this incident. I’m glad you shared it with us. You done good.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 6:36:45 AM EDT
[#41]
Good on you man.  Doing the right thing can be extremely difficult and you live that every day.  God bless!
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 6:38:00 AM EDT
[#42]
I remember your post when it happened OP.

I hope you have made peace and are doing well. Sad to hear about mom, hope the little lady has a good life. You did well OP. A true man and neighbor.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 6:38:06 AM EDT
[#43]
Bad ass OP,

View Quote

You need to reread the article.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 6:42:43 AM EDT
[#44]
The right man at the right place at the right time with the right tool.for the jo
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 7:05:08 AM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By mudholestomper:

She lives with her Dad.
View All Quotes

She lives with her Dad.

Oh ok I guess I misremembered, was thinking it was the dad who got shot
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 7:05:37 AM EDT
[#46]
The right thing to do is often the hardest.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 7:12:30 AM EDT
[#47]
Well done on many levels OP, you are a good man.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 7:16:10 AM EDT
[#48]
Damn.
Got dusty drinking my coffee.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 7:19:15 AM EDT
[#49]

That was the description of the attacker. The same attacker who called op a fatass so many times that his wife repeated it to the 911 dispatcher.

Regardless of stature or physical appearance, op is clearly gifted with gigantic juevos and a heart and mind to match.
View All Quotes
Bad ass OP,

Ah well, my reading comprehension is garbage.

Link Posted: 5/10/2024 7:25:50 AM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By Into_the_Void:
If you are anything remotely like me I imagine you feel 1000lbs lighter after she contacted you and thanked you.

I'm glad she reached out.
View Quote
I really do.  I've always felt responsible for them after everything happened.  I was absolutely gutted when I heard that Krista had taken her life, took a while to get over it.. and I figured that there was every possibility that there was a young girl out there that thought I was a murderer and took her dad figure and maybe even her mom away (One of Aspen's friends was the kid that liked to scream murderer when I drove by in the evening).

This was truly a gift from God.... to hear from her, to know she's ok, that she not only doesn't hate me but is grateful for what I did.
Page / 3
Top Top