User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 10:15:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By twistedcomrade:
Streamlight 1L-1AA. Tree fiddy lumen, strobe and low.
View Quote

This.  End thread.

I carry a black one daily. Well it used to be black.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 10:15:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By WhisperPickle:
Anything else I need to be looking at?
View Quote

Zebralight.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 10:17:23 PM EDT
[#3]
I am YUGE Felix fan , headlight all day at work, more headlights for at home chores, poscket carry a Rovy Von something tiny that's USB charged. Other pocke t has been Felix PD 35 for a few years, in each vehicle door pocket rides the clones of Surefire,LED 6. And big ass Maglites with Malkoff conversion. Newest pocket blazer is Nitecore EDC27. That fucker is amazing. It's also flat, easy to slide in or out of pocket.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 10:17:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Stiletto

Love the low-light option on it when I don't want to sear my retina
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 10:21:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Cloud Defensive MCH HC Micro
https://www.clouddefensive.com/product/mch-hc-micro-blk

I don't have one yet but I love their full size MCH.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 10:55:57 PM EDT
[#6]
I know you already shot down the Surefire Stiletto, but I'll say I like my Stiletto Pro a lot.

Though I always carry a Surefire Sidekick too and use it a lot more, many times daily.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 1:41:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: WhisperPickle] [#7]
Well I ended up going for the Macrostream. USB-C charging on board, replaceable battery, 500 lumens and decent candela, and a clip that rides low and can clip to a hat. Seems like a safe bet. Thanks everyone 😊
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 1:45:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Well I ended up going for the Macrostream. USB-C charging on board, replaceable battery, 500 lumens and decent candela, and a clip that rides low and can clip to a hat. Seems like a safe bet. Thanks everyone
View Quote
That's what I carry.  Was using the micro stream, but like the macro light better.  Unfortunately, there is little warning about it going dead.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 1:48:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Been carrying this one for several years. I've accidentally put it through the washing machine a couple of times, came out clean and still working great both times.

Link Posted: 5/12/2024 1:53:23 PM EDT
[#10]

Any issues with the button being pushed accidentally?
View Quote

No you have to put some intention to push it.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 1:55:54 PM EDT
[#11]
Well I ended up going for the Macrostream. USB-C charging on board, replaceable battery, 500 lumens and decent candela, and a clip that rides low and can clip to a hat. Seems like a safe bet. Thanks everyone
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 2:07:05 PM EDT
[#12]
EDC for years has been a Surefire EDCL1-T.

Small, around the house light is a Fenix PD25R.

Link Posted: 5/12/2024 2:13:15 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 4:28:24 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By MoonDancer:
FourSevens Mini MKIII

Personally I'd also add the tailcap kit  to delete the magnetic tailcap which I can't abide.

I have one of the original 4Sevens Mini MLR2 flashlights and for EDC it's perfect for my needs.  Unfortunately the old 4Sevens went out of business so the old light is no longer available.  Had I known that that would happen I would have bought a bunch of 'em.  Mine has been part of my EDC for at least 8 years and while the finish is worn it has worked flawlessly.  Apparently Prometheus Lights, who bought 4Sevens, is a quality oriented company so I'd think the new ones are, quality wise, as good or better than the old ones.
View Quote

Thanks for letting us know.  One of my favorite flashlights is the 4Sevens mini that takes a CR2 battery (maybe that’s the MLR2 model you mentioned).  I wish the new owners would bring that model back.  
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 4:30:26 PM EDT
[#15]
I've had a microstream for a long time.  It's going to be like an epiphany when I see what the new small lights can do.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 8:58:29 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Scott_S:

Thanks for letting us know.  One of my favorite flashlights is the 4Sevens mini that takes a CR2 battery ( that's the MLR2 model ).  I wish the new owners would bring that model back.  
View Quote
Correct.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 2:21:00 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By basp2005:
I've had a microstream for a long time.  It's going to be like an epiphany when I see what the new small lights can do.
View Quote

I know a lot of people like them, especially here, but Streamlight has always put out dogs in my opinion.  I know they cost more but a single AA Zebralight puts out more lumens than most lights that take two AAs.  The 18650 Zebralights are very compact yet put out an honest 1,200 lumens.  They are tough as nails as well, I've had an SC5 in the safe for backup for when my SC52 finally dies.  I've been EDC the SC52 for over 12 years and it's been turned on so many times it really shouldn't even fucking work any longer.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 2:28:19 PM EDT
[#18]
I like the mini Wedge XT. Before that I used a Microstream USB. I keep a Pocket Mate on my keyring.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 2:44:35 PM EDT
[#19]
I carry a Microstream (AAA vers).  Great EDC.  Not the brightest but small enough and bright enough for 99% of see in the dark situations I find myself in.  They keep these in our vending machine at work for us to do inspections with so I get them for free
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 2:54:08 PM EDT
[#20]
I've had em all, but finally found what works best for me. It's brighter and lighter than most. It's the first EDC light that I actually like carrying every day, regardless of what I'm wearing.

Check out REY LIGHT

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top