Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 6
Link Posted: 5/16/2024 3:59:31 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Kingdead:
Every time you utter Von Braun could you please add ",the Nazi" immediately following. That way you would show you aren't honoring the man. Then all the bad parts of history are solved and everything is better. Thanks.
View Quote

I think Von Braun the Terrible has a better ring to it.
Link Posted: 5/16/2024 4:02:10 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Kingdead] [#2]
Originally Posted By Jkees:

View Quote
Von Braun the Terrible, who was a Nazi did stuff that may have helped America. This did not mean he wasn't terrible or not a nazi. I feel a sense of accomplishment and superiority all of a sudden.
Link Posted: 5/16/2024 4:11:47 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By SuperHeavy:
Random thought. How many fawn over Japanese motors and optics.

How many know what they did to our guys as POWs.

View Quote

You had to fall asleep in History class not to know about the Dearh March of Batan or what happened to many of the crewmen of the Doolittle Raid.  We also grew up knowing about General MacArthur and post-war Japan. Many of us know about Darlene Deibler Rose, a missionary who survived the war as a POW, and The Great Raid. Many of these events were made into movies too. I knew about POWs in Germany because my Scout Master was a POW for almost 2 years. Only one other of his bomber crew came home. My Algebra teacher was a wounded P-51 pilot who walked with a limp for the rest of his life. It was a daily reminder to every student in our school. Our police chief was a Marine in the war too. My great-uncle fought in the Pacific. All he would say about the war was he had no friends left. They were all dead.  If you didn't know these things in my town growing up it was because you didn't want to know.
Link Posted: 5/16/2024 4:14:47 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By brasscrossedrifles:

I can't wait to tell my grand kids about how we used to have these things called "jokes".

They are going to think I'm full of shit.
View Quote

It is only a joke if it is funny.
Link Posted: 5/16/2024 4:17:48 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Chisum:

It is only a joke if it is funny.
View Quote

That's not true, but even if it was:

I laughed, therefore it is funny, therefore it is a joke.
Link Posted: 5/16/2024 4:22:09 AM EDT
[#6]

View Quote
Maslow's self actualized man
Link Posted: 5/16/2024 4:22:21 AM EDT
[#7]
Every time you utter Von Braun could you please add ",the Nazi" immediately following. That way you would show you aren't honoring the man. Then all the bad parts of history are solved and everything is better. Thanks.
View Quote

No, because he wasn't a Nazi after the war. He wasn't a Nazi for life which your statement implies. Do we refer to George Washington as a British Officer or as a rebel? Do we refer to Trump as a Democrat because he once was one?
Link Posted: 5/16/2024 4:23:18 AM EDT
[#8]

View Quote

Well, bless your pea-picken heart.
Link Posted: 5/16/2024 4:25:29 AM EDT
[#9]

No, because he wasn't a Nazi after the war. He wasn't a Nazi for life which your statement implies. Do we refer to George Washington as a British Officer or as a rebel? Do we refer to Trump as a Democrat because he once was one?
View Quote
It's all so tiresome. We can argue all we want and it won't change what Von Braun the Terrible did in WW2 or post WW2 except to make one of us feel better for decrying the man. I have some paper windmills that need a good spearing if you have the time.
Link Posted: 5/16/2024 4:28:13 AM EDT
[#10]
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/16/2024 4:28:31 AM EDT
[#11]

View Quote

That was a pretty obvious joke. I think you should loosen your chin strap, maybe sit out a few plays.
Link Posted: 5/16/2024 4:29:03 AM EDT
[#12]
Mark Felton should do videos on what is happening to freedom, and free speech in his own country.
Link Posted: 5/16/2024 4:32:36 AM EDT
[#13]
It's all so tiresome. We can argue all we want and it won't change what Von Braun the Terrible did in WW2 or post WW2 except to make one of us feel better for decrying the man. I have some paper windmills that need a good spearing if you have the time.
View Quote

I heard Von Braun the Terrible got his nickname when he used his slaves to build a bioweapon rocket which he accidently launched at a concentration camp while he was too busy fondling woman at the local bar.

I would like it to be known if I was alive back then I would have punched Von Braun the Terrible in the mouth and sternly told him," No dude, that isnt cool".
Link Posted: 5/16/2024 4:36:24 AM EDT
[Last Edit: brasscrossedrifles] [#14]
Here's some interesting numbers from the video:

There were just shy of 10,500 V1s fired at Britain.

These V1s destroyed or damaged over 1,000,000 buildings.

That's pretty efficient. When some guys have the talent to work that efficiently I think we can decide a few war crimes were actually just war misdemeanors.

ETA: More numbers: Of the first 8,000 launched, only 2300 made it through the RAF fighters and ADA. At a minimum that doubles the number of buildings destroyed or damaged per V1. That's pretty efficient.
Link Posted: 5/16/2024 4:36:40 AM EDT
[#15]

I heard Von Braun the Terrible got his nickname when he used his slaves to build a bioweapon rocket which he accidently launched at a concentration camp while he was too busy fondling woman at the local bar.

I would like it to be known if I was alive back then I would have punched Von Braun the Terrible in the mouth and sternly told him," No dude, that isnt cool".
View Quote
I'm sure he would earn the names we've given him in this thread. If we want to take that line of thought to everyone in our history you will eventually get gems like this. I'm not for ignoring history but I'm also not for cancelling it because you forget why history is important in the first place.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/16/2024 4:39:22 AM EDT
[#16]
These guys deserve a national holiday.

OP does not.
Link Posted: 5/16/2024 5:07:26 AM EDT
[#17]
This is simple, acknowledge the truth.  He was an SS officer two years before the war in Europe and his program relied entirely on slave labour supplied by a concentration cap.  These labourers were worked to death on minimal rations.  This is the truth, he was an amoral man and never once recanted.
Link Posted: 5/16/2024 5:24:50 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Mad_Anthony:

If you don't like it here, go find someone else's thread to shit in.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Jm11513:

No one cares. Go find something more productive to do, like watching paint dry, or hitting your hand with a ball peen hammer, or maybe take up challenge pissing.

If you don't like it here, go find someone else's thread to shit in.

This thread is as good as any other to crap in. In fact, I find it a thread that DESERVES to be crapped in. It reeks of patchouli, BO, and Axe body spray. The entire premise of it is full blown mental AIDS.
Link Posted: 5/16/2024 5:34:16 AM EDT
[#19]
Mt father was a young mathematician working for Linde corporation in the 1950's and was part of the team that calculated the LOx burn rate. I'm talking slide rules….

The vast majority of the scientists in that program were Germans that had been scooped up immediately following the war and put to work in our missile, space and nuclear programs .  My dad would tell me that most of large room that he worked in was speaking German at any one given time.

These men weren't Nazis per se but rather a member of the party so they could pursue their work.  The Soviets did the same but weren't quite as forgiving to the German scientists as we were.
Link Posted: 5/16/2024 5:35:31 AM EDT
[#20]

View All Quotes

He could have been Von Braun the Communist... think about that
Link Posted: 5/16/2024 6:32:10 AM EDT
[#21]

Let me put it another way. In WW2 the Japanese performed medical experiments on living POWs, including American POWs. Would you be ok with honoring a Japanese scientist or doctor for helping us, post-war, to find a cure for some disease or disability we were plagued with?

I'm not saying we throw away the skills and knowledge contributed by these men, I'm just saying we shouldn't honor the war criminals. If we are going to leave the monuments to them up, why shouldn't their full pasts also be displayed?
View Quote
What war crimes did Von Braun commit?
Link Posted: 5/16/2024 6:41:53 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By foxxnhound:
Better we had them than the Russians, or even other European countries.
View Quote

This
Link Posted: 5/16/2024 6:52:04 AM EDT
[#23]

Maybe I'm a bit skewed  but I really believe Von Braun didn't give a fuck who had it or made it.

He spent his life learning and designing. When someone who was " the good guys" said they'd fund him.... he took the offer and made an amazing machine.

He wanted his designed made and tested. The N-1 proved he made the right choice.
View Quote
This is where I fall in the subject.  I don't know enough about how he ended up a top scientist in Germany. Did he give handies to Hitler for entrance into the Nazi party or was he more or less told "your our scientist now and since your a good one welcome to the party"
Link Posted: 5/16/2024 7:00:50 AM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By arfreak223:
He is honored because of his technology achievements in context of the NASA space program, not a full endorsement of his entire life. If you're incapable of separating the two and recognizing every human is flawed to different degrees that's a pretty high horse your sitting on.
View Quote
And in 1918 Artillery post Fort Bragg, NC was named for the Mexican War hero and NC native, Artillery Captain Braxton Bragg in context of his contribution to winning the Mexican War and innovation in developing horse artillery ('flying artillery), not a full endorsement of his entire life.

But he had to be erased.
Link Posted: 5/16/2024 7:09:50 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By ODA_564:
And in 1918 Artillery post Fort Bragg, NC was named for the Mexican War hero and NC native, Artillery Captain Braxton Bragg in context of his contribution to winning the Mexican War and innovation in developing horse artillery ('flying artillery), not a full endorsement of his entire life.

But he had to be erased.
View Quote

Don't forget the mighty warship USCGC Taney who had her name stripped away in her afterlife. I guess seeing service in just about every theater of WWII isn't enough to have your name secured in History.
Link Posted: 5/16/2024 7:21:17 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Paul] [#26]
Von Braun and Kurt Debus are honored by NASA and the U.S. government to this day, with their pasts conveniently whitewashed for public consumption. Why?
View Quote
That's a pretty big ask for this government as they're busy tearing down Civil War monuments, renaming sports teams, and destroying conservative institutions.

This same government you're talking about has their opposition party leader arrested on ~100 charges and currently in a state show trial in election season.

This same government has weaponized and militarized law enforcement while cutting their numbers to increase crime.

This same government promotes people over their skin color or sexual preferences rather than merit.

This same government has allowed the President to spend $160B over the USSC objections.

This same government has allowed +12 million illegal aliens over our borders.

Those are the people you want to denounce Nazi workers for their heinous behavior 80-90 years ago.
Link Posted: 5/16/2024 7:23:47 AM EDT
[#27]
I weep for the collective intelligence of this country when people start threads like this.
Link Posted: 5/16/2024 7:24:05 AM EDT
[#28]
Scientists will use financial resources to advance technology and their ideas - One of the resources is national defense, otherwise they would not exist at all.  Similar to how the internet came out of a need to communicate in a nuclear war.  An argument could be made that expensive fanciful programs like the German rocket program depleted resources making victory more difficult for Germany while advancing technology for the US and all of mankind.

I hate people that read articles without critical thinking.  It is unavoidable 8 out of 10 people want to be told what to think.  2 out of 10 want to think otherwise species would not exist - too many people doing critical thinking versus doing what they are told to gather food, resources.
Link Posted: 5/16/2024 7:25:24 AM EDT
[#29]
Von Braun was brilliant he was also a Luciferian and occultist, he admitted that the jet/rocket propulsion knowledge his team ascertained came from summonsing demons (aliens)
his words...
Link Posted: 5/16/2024 7:35:21 AM EDT
[#30]
I can understand a British guy bagging on Braun. Look how much death, destruction and terror he inflicted on the British.
Link Posted: 5/16/2024 7:43:42 AM EDT
[#31]
The move towards rewriting and editing history is so tiresome.

The past is behind us OP.  Leave it alone and focus on tomorrow.
Link Posted: 5/16/2024 7:45:05 AM EDT
[#32]

Without them the Saturn V wouldn't exist, maybe the Apple show "For all Mankind" would be true and the US space program wouldn't exist.

We took a known evil and used it for our own good. I legitimately don't know exactly what Von Braun knew, but you know if he spoke out or refused in Nazi Germany he'd have been in a mass burial grave too. The guy was a smart scientist who made things for his and OUR government.

Go to KSC and look at what he helped the USA achieve and still call him an evil man that should be "cancelled".

If anything, the guys who had him do it in the name of the USA should be demonished.
View All Quotes
Are you saying America is innocent in finding these men knowing who they were, used their knowledge and skills to further America, and then pretend we knew nothing?

Oh I think the U.S. Gov't knew full well who they were inviting to dinner, so-to-speak. But the Soviet threat was the greater evil, so they turned a blind eye to ugly pasts. The question is: why do we still HONOR these men?

Without them the Saturn V wouldn't exist, maybe the Apple show "For all Mankind" would be true and the US space program wouldn't exist.

We took a known evil and used it for our own good. I legitimately don't know exactly what Von Braun knew, but you know if he spoke out or refused in Nazi Germany he'd have been in a mass burial grave too. The guy was a smart scientist who made things for his and OUR government.

Go to KSC and look at what he helped the USA achieve and still call him an evil man that should be "cancelled".

If anything, the guys who had him do it in the name of the USA should be demonished.

The Soviets took the folks we didn’t find or want.  I knew a girl in Vienna who's family was taken Russia to build rockets for them .
Link Posted: 5/16/2024 7:46:19 AM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By jagdterrier:
Mark Felton should do videos on what is happening to freedom, and free speech in his own country.
View Quote

@jagdterrier

He did do one about the dangers of groupthink and virtue signalling as a means of dangerous authoritarian control.  It wasn't blunt, but I get the impression that he is playing the game to remain monetized.  As someone who has watched his videos for years, I think he made the NASA video to show Google/YouTube and his British overlords that he is not a wrongthinker, without causing major social damage to anyone that is actually living.

As others have mentioned, there are large numbers of existing firms with Nazi ties. Highlighting their involvement in WW2 in today's political environment could cost the jobs of current employees.  No one at NASA is going to lose their job over feigned outrage about the German scientists.  

Here is the video mentioned above

Unboxing An Ominous Nazi Relic!
Link Posted: 5/16/2024 7:49:01 AM EDT
[#34]
Everyone knows about the horrible experiments Nazi Scientists and Japanese Scientists carried out on people they held in captivity.
But very few people, know that our own government carried out horrific experiments on economically disadvantaged people.

Yes, Tuskeegee experiments are widely known about. But few people are aware of the radiation experiments, where the US government poisoned even babies and pregnant women with radioactive material just to see the effect radiation would have on people. I actually feel that the Radiation experiments were far worse, ethically speaking, than the Tuskeegee experiments. I could be wrong, but the Tuskeegee experiments involved simply lying to patients and not actually treating them for experimental purposes. That's still evil, to be sure... but I'd say purposefully poisoning someone is a notch worse than simply letting a disease run its course. Making something bad happen is morally/ethically worse than letting something bad happen.

Link Posted: 5/16/2024 7:51:57 AM EDT
[#35]
OP, if it is so important to call out and censure former Nazis, why does our government kiss George Soros' ass and take his money?
Link Posted: 5/16/2024 7:54:11 AM EDT
[#36]
Maslow's self actualized man
View Quote

"self actualized" like Satan
Link Posted: 5/16/2024 7:55:10 AM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By just-mike:
OP, if it is so important to call out and censure former Nazis, why does our government kiss George Soros' ass and take his money?
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/16/2024 7:55:23 AM EDT
[#38]
Personally, I don't have a problem with it. If we vilify him, then we have a whole lot of other people and companies that should be measured by the same stick.

Politics (or in this case the freedom of the world) makes for strange bedfellows. At the time, it was necessary to not waste such intellect when the bigger problem was Russia. So, aside from Werner, we also enlisted the help of others like Herbert Wagner (maker of the Nazi glide bomb). Adolf Buseman came to the US and worked on swept wing designs. Dieter Grau headed up the Quality Lab for our space program and developed the rigid inspection program aimed at high success rates.

Let's not forget Porsche (made tanks), VW (mil vehicles), Mercedes (vehicles and engines), Krupp (artillery), IBM (made punch cards to track Jews), Bayer (makers of Aspirin experimented on Jews), Coca Cola (its German subsidiary supplied German troops with beverages), Siemens (used concentration camp forced labor), Ford of Europe (vehicles), GM's Opel Division (vehicles), BASF (they make my roof tiles), BMW (makers of a/c engines - the wife and I drive Bimmers), Hugo Boss (made Nazi uniforms), Maybach (engines), Rheinmetal (you know, the makers of the M-1 Abrams gun), all contributed to Nazi effort.

Using the same stick, what about the Japanese?
Link Posted: 5/16/2024 7:56:40 AM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By arfreak223:
He is honored because of his technology achievements in context of the NASA space program, not a full endorsement of his entire life. If you're incapable of separating the two and recognizing every human is flawed to different degrees that's a pretty high horse your sitting on.
View Quote

Yep. He was a genius who wanted to build rockets and didn’t care how they were used.

If you’re going to condemn him for that you’d better start with a long hard look at your current life. Does your successful business/career actually further humankind? Or just make money off crap people don’t need?

OP is headed down a bumpy road. He’s not entirely wrong to do so but I don’t think he realizes how philosophically and morally deep and long this road goes.
Link Posted: 5/16/2024 7:58:17 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Pair_of_ACES] [#40]
What about the US Military using Heckler and Koch products in nearly every modern conflict since Vietnam? A gun company literally born out of war time Germany by war era Germans?

Should we boycott them too? Because they’re some of the best modern weapons made.

I can tell you one thing, these guys that you’re trying so hard to vilify sure wouldn’t have tolerated the faggotry and race BS that abounds today…
Link Posted: 5/16/2024 8:00:52 AM EDT
[#41]

Do we refer to Trump as a Democrat because he once was one?
View Quote

Well I haven’t exactly forgot that.
Link Posted: 5/16/2024 8:03:33 AM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By foxxnhound:
Better we had them than the Russians, or even other European countries.
View Quote

This, we’ll call them history deniers, where did they think all the technology came from, we grabbed the right scientists and got to the moon.
Link Posted: 5/16/2024 8:07:19 AM EDT
[#43]
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 5/16/2024 8:08:33 AM EDT
[#44]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrKmDUNi6sY
He wonders why the monuments to Von Braun haven't been torn down like many Confederate monuments. I think that's a good question.
View Quote

They’ll come for them eventually. And then they’ll come for you, too.
Link Posted: 5/16/2024 8:10:51 AM EDT
[#45]

I didn't say I wanted any monuments torn down. I'm actually against the erasing of history by the tearing down of monuments. I'm just asking why they exist, today, without the full context of what these men did in the past.

And the same goes for Confederate Generals. If they were piece of shit human beings who owned slaves, it should be mentioned on their plaques along with their "achievements".
View All Quotes
OK so you want to tear down monuments. How about the Confederate statues? They probably had slaves, should we tear then down too? How about renaming all the schools of our early presidents because they probably had slaves or indentured servants.

I didn't say I wanted any monuments torn down. I'm actually against the erasing of history by the tearing down of monuments. I'm just asking why they exist, today, without the full context of what these men did in the past.

And the same goes for Confederate Generals. If they were piece of shit human beings who owned slaves, it should be mentioned on their plaques along with their "achievements".

What about the non-Confederates?

Do we really need to start adding footnotes to every monument for George Washington?  One of the finest Americans to ever exist.

Some people just need to get over themselves and find a good hobby or a good woman.    
Link Posted: 5/16/2024 8:12:30 AM EDT
[#46]
Von Braun and Kurt Debus actually did things.  

Scrubbing history of the names of people who you don't like is a tactic of communists and faggots.
Link Posted: 5/16/2024 8:13:02 AM EDT
[#47]
People always have to have something to cry about.
Link Posted: 5/16/2024 8:18:40 AM EDT
[#48]
OP is ready to join Antifa and raze more monuments to the ground.

Give it a rest dude. Stop being offended by everything. Learn history and decide whom and what you give a damn about and act accordingly.    

Next up: OP is going to discover Larry Thorne and demand his body is exhumed from Arlington.
Link Posted: 5/16/2024 8:18:52 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Nickel_Plated] [#49]
Let's be real OP, the reason is because in the Cold War it was us against the evil communists. Our whole thing was "We're the good guys." We wouldn't really look like the good guys if we just went around telling everyone we recruited a bunch of old nazis and gave 'em a pass on all the shit that happened because they were useful to us.
If it were up to me they would have received zero recognition at all. Them helping the US was their repayment for helping the Nazis. As such the sum of their life's actions balances out to them being allowed to die in relative peace and insignificance as opposed to dying in a prison cell. They would be buried with no memorial, no remembrance, and people would have to dig real deep through historical records to find any mention of them ever being in this country at all. "Thank you for your service, you have atoned for your sins. Now fuck off and go die in a ditch somewhere."
Memorial plaques? Yeah, that's not happening. Who the fuck do you think you are? George Washington?
Link Posted: 5/16/2024 8:23:43 AM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By California_Kid:
Once the rockets go up,
Who cares where they come down?

That's not my department,
Says Wernher von Braun!

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR5l1yIdjI4rxcf-HpPMVmsqF3nFTDnPthikEchC26j7QK9kIg4
View Quote
I love that song lol. Boy if you really wanna rile some old timers here in north Alabama bring up the nasa nazi's and they'll get cranky as shit.

In german, oder english, i know how to count down;
and i'm learning chinese, says wernher von braun.

Tom Lehrer - Wernher von Braun

Page / 6
Top Top