Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 2/3/2005 11:34:45 AM EDT
[#1]
I saw somthing on TV in the past week or so about this, I didn't see the whole show, just advertisement for it.  It may have been a segment on FOX News but I can't quite remember.  The headlines read "Some Americans are tired of illegals crossing the border in massive numbers and have decided to take the measure into their own hands and help out the border patrol."  It showed a group of people with guns and one had an AR-15, I remember distinctly because he had an older SP1 carbine.  I don't know if anyone else one here saw this but I figured I'd chime in.
Link Posted: 2/3/2005 11:37:47 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
So what are the legal ramifications of shooting someone across a border?  If you hit and kill them with say a .50BMG, is anyone gonna come after you?  The federales can't and the .gov can't since the crime was committed in a foreign country.  

it's illegal to use a .50BMG in Kalifonia
I rather shoot these assholes than prairie dogs
Link Posted: 2/3/2005 11:40:51 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Well some one with some land on the border should invite some of us up. It would be fun to camp out.

I mean come on. how much fun would that be, even if you only got to play rambo for a week. Ot would be a blast. Hell you could even sell it as a resort getaway.

How much are tickets?

group buy!
Link Posted: 2/3/2005 11:46:07 AM EDT
[#4]
In the words of a veteran BP Officer:  "If you fire at a Mexican, in Mexico, from the U.S. border... what crime has been committed?"
Link Posted: 2/3/2005 11:51:07 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
In the words of a veteran BP Officer:  "If you fire at a Mexican, in Mexico, from the U.S. border... what crime has been committed?"

Littering.
Link Posted: 2/3/2005 11:55:18 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Littering.

Police your brass! A tidy sniper position is a happy sniper position.
Link Posted: 2/3/2005 11:57:18 AM EDT
[#7]
send in the troops
Link Posted: 2/3/2005 11:59:35 AM EDT
[#8]
Time to send U.S. .gov snipers out to the boarder for their "final exams".

Best idea I have read all day!
Link Posted: 2/3/2005 12:01:32 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Littering.

Police your brass! A tidy sniper position is a happy sniper position.

He wasn't talking about shells littering the U.S. side, he was talking about the body dumped on the Mexican side.
Link Posted: 2/3/2005 12:15:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Our snipers are better than their snipers.
Hell, most of our redneck deer hunters are probably better than their snipers.
Link Posted: 2/3/2005 12:28:23 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I wish they'd allow the Marines back down there to help protect and secure.  Better yet, I wish they'd double the number of BP agents and arm them like some of these local LE swat teams.  They need counter snipers and good body armor and training.

I think by law, US Armed Forces are not allowed to 'police' in the US, unless of  some-kind of national emergency...

I think the best we could do is have the governors of the border states call up the National Guard...

I'm am highly confident someone will correct me if I am wrong on this...
Link Posted: 2/3/2005 12:33:20 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I wish they'd allow the Marines back down there to help protect and secure.  Better yet, I wish they'd double the number of BP agents and arm them like some of these local LE swat teams.  They need counter snipers and good body armor and training.

I think by law, US Armed Forces are not allowed to 'police' in the US, unless of  some-kind of national emergency...

I think the best we could do is have the governors of the border states call up the National Guard...

sounds like a national emergency to me
Link Posted: 2/3/2005 12:37:39 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Would anyone actually know if gun fire was returned from the U.S. side?

Do you really think that a corpse on the Mexican side, out in the desert, with an AK next to him and 1 bullet hole in him is going to get some incredible forensic examination from the Mexican government?

No! But they probally will take the gun away & replace it with a 2 liter bottle of water, some corn tortillas & a mexican issued guide to safe passage across the border before the news media is called!
Link Posted: 2/3/2005 12:42:53 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
As a matter of fact, it would. They'd pick it apart to the utmost because it would reinforce the vigilante image that they're trying to stick on the citizens that are trying to protect themselves and their property.

It would only be a matter of time before that little "Immigrunts Handbook" published by the mexican govt. includes instructions on buying weapons and "protecting yourself from the gringos" as you cross the border.

Doubtful.  Firearms and even ammo ownership are illegal in Mexico for citizens.

Remember the Alamo, and God Bless Texas...
Link Posted: 2/3/2005 12:47:19 PM EDT
[#15]
This is not new news. Happens all the time.

On a related note, I am familiar with one "poor" agent who is in the midst of being fired for emptying his handgun at a load vehicle that was RTM'ing. Stupid decision, but it should be legal to do so.
Link Posted: 2/3/2005 12:56:28 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

On a related note, I am familiar with one "poor" agent who is in the midst of being fired for emptying his handgun at a load vehicle that was RTM'ing. Stupid decision, but it should be legal to do so.

RTMing  
Link Posted: 2/3/2005 1:03:19 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

RTMing  

Returning to mexico?
Link Posted: 2/3/2005 1:36:50 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Yes, it would get a fantastic amount of attention on both sides of the border, especially if the round was shown to originate from US soil.  It could be considered an act of war.  There was a real shooting war across the US-Mexico border; more than once, too.

wouldnt all the illegals crossing the border be considered an "invasion"??

i mean if you want to get to the bottom of it, the illegals are crossing the border illegaly.  period.  IMO if i was down there i should be able to do whatever is in my power to protect my country.  its obvious that the BP dont have the resources to do it alone so why should i not be able to help out.

would it be different if they were "tresspassing" on my land, would i be able to "deal" with them any way i see fit?
Link Posted: 2/3/2005 1:40:35 PM EDT
[#19]
The sad truth is when our BP agents have been fired on in the past the solution was, "don't get so close to the boarder"

Link Posted: 2/3/2005 1:43:26 PM EDT
[#20]
It happens all the time.  BP Agents are not supposed to talk to the press about these things.
Link Posted: 2/3/2005 1:51:12 PM EDT
[#21]
Apropos of nothing...does anyone have any property on the border?  I hear there is some excellent javelina hunting, and I'd really like to try Melissa out down there.

Link Posted: 2/3/2005 1:54:10 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes, it would get a fantastic amount of attention on both sides of the border, especially if the round was shown to originate from US soil.  It could be considered an act of war.  There was a real shooting war across the US-Mexico border; more than once, too.

wouldnt all the illegals crossing the border be considered an "invasion"??

i mean if you want to get to the bottom of it, the illegals are crossing the border illegaly.  period.  IMO if i was down there i should be able to do whatever is in my power to protect my country.  its obvious that the BP dont have the resources to do it alone so why should i not be able to help out.

would it be different if they were "tresspassing" on my land, would i be able to "deal" with them any way i see fit?

Only if it weren't given tacit approval by our government.  Maybe if it goes on long enough Mexico can claim eminent domain in US courts.

Link Posted: 2/3/2005 2:33:50 PM EDT
[#23]
Hey is there any way we could order a few of these and ship them down to the border href=mediaserver.nauticom.net/www-ibistek-com/AUSA.wmv
Link Posted: 2/3/2005 2:34:49 PM EDT
[#24]
We have peoplew in this country who are so screwed up -

It wouldn't surprise mer at all if some immigrant rights people intentionally mix in with the illegals and make thier presence known so you never know who you are shooting at.  The person you kill could be an American citizen and human rights advocate who happens to be "out for a walk in the desert".

Besides, before you can kill someone they have to pose an immediate threat to your life.  Otherwise, it's homicide.  Crossing the border illegally is not punishable by death.
Link Posted: 2/3/2005 3:04:46 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Well some one with some land on the border should invite some of us up. It would be fun to camp out.

I mean come on. how much fun would that be, even if you only got to play rambo for a week. Ot would be a blast. Hell you could even sell it as a resort getaway.

You can always try the minuteman project.    http://minutemanproject.com/

The Border Patrol has mentioned in a couple interviews that they do not want private citizens on the border patrolling because most have no LE training or knowledge of the immigration laws.
Link Posted: 2/3/2005 3:08:36 PM EDT
[#26]
Lock the border down.  Let our snipers use it as training for sniping in desert conditions.
Link Posted: 2/3/2005 3:21:11 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Theres a war on our border no one in Washington wants to talk about.  And the invaders are winning.

Take it easy.  Nothing new folks.  Its only been going on for about 130 years.  I've known a lot of men that fought the "Border War."  We've killed A LOT more of them than they have of us.
Link Posted: 2/3/2005 3:24:55 PM EDT
[#28]

It happens all the time. BP Agents are not supposed to talk to the press about these things.

Events like this used to happen on the Czech-German border and still happen on the Korean border.  Commies would fire on US patrols on the German side of the fence.  Our troops were also ordered not to talk about it.  Any US deaths were labelled as "training accidents".

I wonder what excuse the families get when a BP agent catches a golden BB from across the border?

Border work is dangerous work, even in peacetime.

Question: Can we shoot back at snipers on the other side of the border? Legally?

Why wouldn't it be?  You'd be defending yourself.  

It's unlikely that federales are going to legally be able to come across the border to investigate.  Alot of jurisdiction problems would hamper any investigation, I think.  As long as the FBI doesn't come and get you in order to turn you over to Mexican authorities but I doubt the FBI is going to get all excited about a mexican border guard on the Mexico side.  

But I could be wrong.  Let me know how it goes!!

Link Posted: 2/3/2005 3:31:39 PM EDT
[#29]
This has been going on for awhile.   The Drug runner bribe Mexican Miliary people to distract of discourge interference .

I think we should do the same in turn.
Link Posted: 2/3/2005 3:34:07 PM EDT
[#30]
Forget the Border Patrol.  Unleash the Rangers (Texas Rangers, that is).  Nothing against the "Cochos," its just that it is not their environment.
Link Posted: 2/3/2005 10:38:08 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
Apropos of nothing...does anyone have any property on the border?  I hear there is some excellent javelina hunting, and I'd really like to try Melissa out down there.

sniper.rsvs.net/Melissa.jpg

Mostly public land here by the Colorado. You can hunt "game" legally.

[thepriceisright]Come on down![/thepriceisright]
Link Posted: 2/3/2005 10:45:02 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 2/3/2005 11:00:25 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
The Border Patrol has mentioned in a couple interviews that they do not want private citizens on the border patrolling because most have no LE training or knowledge of the immigration laws.

no offense but what sort of special training do you need to spot an illegal coming across the border at a place other than a legal check point.  

the reason they dont want private citizens down there has a lot to do with them covering their asses more or less.
Link Posted: 2/3/2005 11:01:02 PM EDT
[#34]
+1 for Lumpy

isnt the National Guard ment for securing our borders?  Isnt that why we have things called the Texas National Guard?  Why do we have it if they arnt doing their job?
Link Posted: 2/3/2005 11:10:21 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
Time for countersnipers.

Yep.

I know some guys who would love to volunteer.

Hell, the .gov could auction off the spots and make some money.
Link Posted: 2/3/2005 11:15:24 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
There is a school of thought down here that says these shootings may be to draw agents to one point, reducing coverage elsewhere, allowing for easy crossings.

BINGO
Link Posted: 2/3/2005 11:18:10 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

It wouldn't surprise mer at all if some immigrant rights people intentionally mix in with the illegals and make thier presence known so you never know who you are shooting at.  The person you kill could be an American citizen and human rights advocate who happens to be "out for a walk in the desert".

Besides, before you can kill someone they have to pose an immediate threat to your life.  Otherwise, it's homicide.  Crossing the border illegally is not punishable by death.

Ummm, isn't this about taking out snipers?

Link Posted: 2/3/2005 11:36:26 PM EDT
[#38]
Kill everyone who crosses, mount their heads on sticks at the border. Problem solved.

If you asked the democrats, they think Bush is Hitler anyway...I'm sure he'd go for this plan.
Link Posted: 2/3/2005 11:40:20 PM EDT
[#39]
they could kill an agent and jorge bush wouldn't do a damn thing
Link Posted: 2/4/2005 12:15:29 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

simple solution to that is to declare the US border and a small buffer zone for manuvering room as a long skinny US military base
Link Posted: 2/4/2005 12:24:21 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
So what are the legal ramifications of shooting someone across a border?  If you hit and kill them with say a .50BMG, is anyone gonna come after you?  

The VPC, and local Anti Gun groups, Along with every Human rights org, will get bills passed to have our " Sniper Rifles" banned. And the servents of the people being the good and honerable people that they are will do just that.
Link Posted: 2/4/2005 12:50:15 AM EDT
[#42]
Umm, lets see. Armed mexican troops cross our borders in hummer like trucks and then cross back over.

Mexican drug dealers cross the border and KILL American citizens and cross back over.

Mexican criminals cross the border, commit crimes, and stay here hiding amongst us.

These people are coming across and attacking us, how the fuck is this not an invasion? They are amed, they kill us, thay take our private land. WTF am I missing here?
Link Posted: 2/4/2005 2:04:33 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
Umm, lets see. Armed mexican troops cross our borders in hummer like trucks and then cross back over.

Mexican drug dealers cross the border and KILL American citizens and cross back over.

Mexican criminals cross the border, commit crimes, and stay here hiding amongst us.

These people are coming across and attacking us, how the fuck is this not an invasion? They are amed, they kill us, thay take our private land. WTF am I missing here?

You know I've got the same question.
Link Posted: 2/4/2005 2:21:03 AM EDT
[#44]
They need US snipers on the border down there.

ROE:
If a Mexican has a weapon.
If they are believed to be smuglers.
-
Do not fire on women/children, unless otherwise advised to do so.
Link Posted: 2/4/2005 4:44:31 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Would anyone actually know if gun fire was returned from the U.S. side?

Do you really think that a corpse on the Mexican side, out in the desert, with an AK next to him and 1 bullet hole in him is going to get some incredible forensic examination from the Mexican government?

I think what you guys are proposing is known, at best, as vigilantiism.  It is illegal.  Don't believe me?  Just try it.  Now, if they shot first, you could return fire.  But you'd better be able to prove the incoming rounds.

Otherwise the headlines will read:

"U.S. VIGILANTES MURDER MEXICAN NATIONALS"

New gun control legislation would be generated at such a high rate trying to strip you of your guns so fast it would your head spin.

The acts of war have already been commited bythe mexican military. They are the ones that come accross the border and shoot up marked BP trucks. They are the ones that came accross the border and basicly kidnapped an american citizen because he reported a durg lab to the DEA that was just accross the border from southern Cali. That happened in the late 180's IIRC. The US government refuses to even admit it happened. And ther are pics of it. They are also the ones running interfirance with American LE so that drug and people smugglers can get accross the border.

As for the vigilate comment. No, shooting back at somone who is shooting at you is not vigilantiism. A vigilante is somone who goes out and acts a judge jurry and executioner. This is about personal protection, not hunting down somone and passing judgement and carrying out the sentance.
Link Posted: 2/4/2005 4:47:16 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
aren't registered mortars legal in az?

Ya sure it's a DD, but ahve fun paying the tansfer tax on each HE round, not to mention the storage reqirements...... Oh and the fact that you have to notify the BATFE when you use each round.......
Link Posted: 2/4/2005 4:51:48 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

The Border Patrol has mentioned in a couple interviews that they do not want prefer private citizens on the border patrolling because they most have no LE training or knowledge of the are not hindered from doing their duty by immigration laws.

Seems to read better that way.
Link Posted: 2/4/2005 4:52:03 AM EDT
[#48]
Why is it that if someone takes a plane into this country and they're not supposed to be here they'll shut down an airport and it's all over the damn news, yet many mexicans stream over the border every day and no one cares?  Time to lock it down.
Link Posted: 2/4/2005 4:53:33 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Mike, if that imigrants right person is armed and crossing the border and takes a shot at someone thats about the only way they will get their ass shot. No one is tlaking about snoking people for crossing the border, were tlaking about defnding yourself from someone who is violently trying to cross or who has creossed and has gotten violent.
Link Posted: 2/4/2005 4:55:38 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
+1 for Lumpy

isnt the National Guard ment for securing our borders?  Isnt that why we have things called the Texas National Guard?  Why do we have it if they arnt doing their job?

They're in Iraq, If ya hadn't heard.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top