Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By beitodesstrafe:
Originally Posted By Liaztraht:
Originally Posted By Gunslinger808:
Originally Posted By TheOTHERmaninblack:
What was the name of the anime about the failed adventurer who had to get a job? Now that I'm reading subs, I may as well stop waiting for it to be dubbed.

"I Couldn't Become a Hero, So I Reluctantly Decided to Get a Job"?

(Y sha ni Narenakatta Ore wa Shibushibu Sh shoku o Ketsui Shimashita)
And if not, it should be

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/a3/55/78/a355787099ff479239b8b8116755633f.gif

Lots of good .gifs from it, but many might get you a pp slap here

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/138374/c294a92cc94b1a014012e92be441b7d7-1448065.gif

Link Posted: 4/10/2024 12:16:51 AM EDT
[#2]
View All Quotes
What was the name of the anime about the failed adventurer who had to get a job? Now that I'm reading subs, I may as well stop waiting for it to be dubbed.

And if not, it should be

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/138374/c294a92cc94b1a014012e92be441b7d7-1448065.gif
https://acetrilby.wordpress.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/kzkx66j.gif?w=584

Link Posted: 4/10/2024 12:17:05 AM EDT
[#3]
Train to the End of the World is interesting so far.

I dig the concept.

Haven't been watching much lately, so it's time to catch up.
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 12:18:51 AM EDT
[#4]

I dig the concept.

View Quote

Added that to my list... haven't started it yet.
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 12:20:03 AM EDT
[#5]
Shangri-La Frontier

Started off pretty good, but began to drop off around the halfway point and only got worse from there. I had to FF scenes just to finish the season (if I couldn’t binge watch it, I would have quit) and when I finally did I felt like a kid who just finished a LONG homework assignment and was relieved it be done with it.

Solo Leveling

This was one of the most entertaining anime I’ve seen in anime in while. A minute after I finished the last episode, I looked up to see if it was getting a 2nd season and was overjoyed to see that not only was it getting a S2, but it was also going to be 24-25 episodes.

Link Posted: 4/10/2024 12:20:26 AM EDT
[#6]
Also…

Solo Leveling boss battles:

Shangri-La Frontier boss battles:

Link Posted: 4/10/2024 12:21:09 AM EDT
[#7]
View All Quotes

And if not, it should be

https://acetrilby.wordpress.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/kzkx66j.gif?w=584

https://media.tenor.com/R5xhVLHDUUgAAAAM/fino-yusibu.gif

Link Posted: 4/10/2024 12:26:04 AM EDT
[#8]

View All Quotes

I dig the concept.

Some of the train parts gave me flashbacks to the first time I played Metro Exodus...

Except instead of post-apocalyptic Russians trying to find a place free of radiation, it's more or less CGDCT meets Alice in Wonderland as they try and find a friend lost before the world as the knew it ended.
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 12:40:26 AM EDT
[#9]
Some of the train parts gave me flashbacks to the first time I played Metro Exodus...

Except instead of post-apocalyptic Russians trying to find a place free of radiation, it's more or less CGDCT meets Alice in Wonderland as they try and find a friend lost before the world as the knew it ended.
View All Quotes

I dig the concept.

Sounds good.
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 1:02:45 AM EDT
[#10]

Sounds good.
View All Quotes

I dig the concept.

Sounds good.
Good animation and art too.

Unlike what I'm watching now: The Banished Former Hero Lives as He Pleases. The art was decent up until the boss fight in the first episode. And then it was almost as bad as KamiKatsu

On second thought, after reviewing this .gif, KamiKatsu was better.  

Link Posted: 4/10/2024 1:41:54 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 1:42:24 AM EDT
[#12]

I dig the concept.

View Quote

Reminded me of one from a few years ago called Girl’s Last Tour.
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 1:45:12 AM EDT
[#13]

View All Quotes

I dig the concept.

That show was good.

Bleak AF.

But good.
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 8:41:53 AM EDT
[#14]
After watching the Joker 2 trailer, I am once again hyped for the Suicide Squad Isekai anime set to come out this July.

Granted, it could end up sucking, but to me, the isekai genre is kind of like a ribeye steak in that it’s the easiest cut (genre) to not ruin (have an anime be at least watchable).

Also, the vast majority of the DC ANIMATED content I’ve seen over the past decade has been at least watchable.

Suicide Squad ISEKAI | Announcement | DC

Link Posted: 4/10/2024 10:47:14 AM EDT
[Last Edit: targetworks] [#15]

I dig the concept.

View Quote

If you're a fan of 'absurdist' fantasy like I am, it's great.

I especially enjoyed the part in ep. 2 where the train tracks go across a long bridge/pier over the water.

It's supposed to be based on the real Seibu-Ikebukuro train line (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seibu_Ikebukuro_Line) - except that, like everything else in that post-incident world, reality has been altered - there is no such huge body of water that the real train line crosses, rather there is only a short river-crossing bridge - but I prefer the reality-distorted version.

It reminds me of other fantasy train ride cartoons or movies - in a good way...

(BTW, in the 'apropos of nothing' department - I just ordered a "Densha de Go" console game from Japan - it's like a playstation 2 train simulator, but packaged in the form of a train controller that you hook up to an HDMI display, with throttle and brake controls - and you can 'drive' the Yamanote subway line in a circle through metro Tokyo, or the Chuo line, or some other train lines, either as a game or as a simulation. I ordered mine through eBay. It's mostly in Japanese, which is fine for me since I'm studying the language, but you can find English YouTube videos describing how to use it.)

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 4/10/2024 1:48:22 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Keekleberrys:

I dont understand the cult following code geasse has. The last half of it is a disjointed snooze fest.definitely not a top ten anime.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By rb889:
Looks like they’re doing another sequel series to Code Geass.

“Roze of the Recapture” part 1 coming out mid-May.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAGMSoM94a4

I dont understand the cult following code geasse has. The last half of it is a disjointed snooze fest.definitely not a top ten anime.

The beginning was the best, great hook and it was one of the few that had a good “villain as the hero” motif.

Second season wasn’t as good, it did get a little disjointed during the black knights betrayal, but it finished strong. The following movie, ehh… Wasn’t bad, had some good scenes and a good epilogue. I’d rather like to see a true sequel taking up the premise from the end of the movie, lelouch and CC making a contract with someone desperate for power, and going along for the ride.

Link Posted: 4/10/2024 1:57:07 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By targetworks:

(BTW, in the 'apropos of nothing' department - I just ordered a "Densha de Go" console game from Japan - it's like a playstation 2 train simulator, but packaged in the form of a train controller that you hook up to an HDMI display, with throttle and brake controls - and you can 'drive' the Yamanote subway line in a circle through metro Tokyo, or the Chuo line, or some other train lines, either as a game or as a simulation. I ordered mine through eBay. It's mostly in Japanese, which is fine for me since I'm studying the language, but you can find English YouTube videos describing how to use it.)

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/246796/Screen_Shot_2024-04-10_at_10_54_49_AM_pn-3184002.JPG

View Quote

Don't get me wrong, that's cool as shit.

But what in holy hell even put that on your radar?
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 2:06:22 PM EDT
[#18]

View All Quotes

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/246796/Screen_Shot_2024-04-10_at_10_54_49_AM_pn-3184002.JPG

When I’m not wasting time on arfcom I’m often wasting time in a Japanese language learners online community - and one of my fellow weebs (who is also a gamer) brought it to my attention.

Link Posted: 4/10/2024 2:10:47 PM EDT
[#19]

View Quote

First season was legitimately good.

Second season was very fun to watch weekly because of the schizophrenic twists and turns. Marathoning it may not be as entertaining. That said the ending of s2 was very exciting and kept people guessing as to whether he survived zero requiem or not (spoiler alert: he did, at least in the movie).

Most of the extended universe has been boring or bad. It did have a recap movie that is a slightly different continuity (Shirley lives is the main difference) and the sequel movie built off that. It's also pretty bad.
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 2:11:37 PM EDT
[#20]

When I’m not wasting time on arfcom I’m often wasting time in a Japanese language learners online community - and one of my fellow weebs (who is also a gamer) brought it to my attention.

View All Quotes

Nice

It does look fun.
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 6:26:28 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By Hunter-Killer:
After watching the Joker 2 trailer, I am once again hyped for the Suicide Squad Isekai anime set to come out this July.

Granted, it could end up sucking, but to me, the isekai genre is kind of like a ribeye steak in that it’s the easiest cut (genre) to not ruin (have an anime be at least watchable).

Also, the vast majority of the DC ANIMATED content I’ve seen over the past decade has been at least watchable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSaBR58f7I0
View Quote

Ugh…

So lacking in original thought that they’re taking ancient IP, and trying to ride on the coattails of the isekai fad. I have doubts.
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 6:31:43 PM EDT
[#22]

Ugh…

So lacking in original thought that they’re taking ancient IP, and trying to ride on the coattails of the isekai fad. I have doubts.
View All Quotes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSaBR58f7I0

Ugh…

The Joker and Harley Quinn getting isekaied to a fantasy world sounds more original than 90%+ of the isekai anime we get every season, IMO.
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 8:55:45 PM EDT
[#23]

I especially enjoyed the part in ep. 2 where the train tracks go across a long bridge/pier over the water.

It's supposed to be based on the real Seibu-Ikebukuro train line (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seibu_Ikebukuro_Line) - except that, like everything else in that post-incident world, reality has been altered - there is no such huge body of water that the real train line crosses, rather there is only a short river-crossing bridge - but I prefer the reality-distorted version.

View All Quotes

I dig the concept.

Rode the Chuo line many many times coming back from Nakano.

So far the few shows I've watched have been meh.

Blue Archive makes no sense, but being based on a Nexon game, I'm guessing its target audience is the players.

Konosuba was full of fuck. It felt rushed, and the characters and art seemed....off.

Date A Live jumped right back into the story and I'm going to have to go back and rewatch season 4 because I cant remember whos who anymore. I hope they wrap up the show nicely at the end.
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 10:03:51 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By xviperx420:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By xviperx420:

I dig the concept.

I've only taken the JR Chuo line on one occasion - traveling from Shinjuku to Takao Station (on my way to climb Mt. Takao) and then back afterwards.

But I'm looking forward to acquiring new skillz as a train driver or conductor...

Link Posted: 4/11/2024 8:36:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JPN] [#25]
Real world locations shown in Yurucamp, with Google Maps coordinates.

Some names are different from what is shown in the anime.

Google street view is available for many of them, while photo spheres are available for some others.

Season 1
Click To View Spoiler

Season 2
Click To View Spoiler

Season 3
Click To View Spoiler

ETA: From the new opening, it looks like this season is going to cover more chapters than I expected, since they will eventually be introducing two new characters.
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 9:38:49 PM EDT
[#26]
I went to bump the thread, and the huge anime tiddies thread is gone
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 9:55:53 PM EDT
[#27]
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/11/2024 10:03:08 PM EDT
[#28]

Ugh

So lacking in original thought that they're taking ancient IP, and trying to ride on the coattails of the isekai fad. I have doubts.
View Quote
At least DC just let Japan do it, instead of making some bastardized western garbage. I think it looks cool, but I rarely watch isekais so I'm not that burned out on them.
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 10:03:32 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By Commander_Keen:

https://i.postimg.cc/nhGC2Kcv/Frieren-pour.gif
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Commander_Keen:

https://i.postimg.cc/nhGC2Kcv/Frieren-pour.gif

Link Posted: 4/12/2024 12:39:13 AM EDT
[#30]
Has this been posted before?

?????????/Frieren Legion/?????

Link Posted: 4/12/2024 10:05:03 PM EDT
[#31]
gelbooru is selling bar soap lol

apparently it has gotten popular
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 8:36:38 AM EDT
[#32]

View Quote

@targetworks

Ive watched a few youtube video tours with a guy holding his camera behind the driver on the Yamanote. It was fun to see all the stops I had been to, but other than that the trains were like an elevator. You get on, you shtf up and get off.

Last month we rode a train to Tokoname from Nagoya and I stood behind the driver/engineer and for the 1st time I felt the human controlled precision of getting to the statiion at exactly the sceduled time, the safety checks, the driver swaps and the look of the infrastructure. It was really a cool experience. Now I see why every Japanese kid's eye's light up when watching trains. I was only looking at the experience superficially

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 8:40:01 AM EDT
[#33]
I hate CGI but I think Girls Band Cry's story is gonna carry it.

also yuri.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 12:33:55 PM EDT
[#34]
My Instant Death Ability Is So Overpowered, No One in This Other World Stands a Chance Against Me was pretty fun.  While it was a trash isekai (not that there’s anything wrong with that), it did have an original take on the genre by having an MC that was already OP AF before he was isekaied with his power dwarfing everything.  Also I LOVED how pragmatic the MC was when it came to dealing with enemies.  “This person is trying to kill me” = “I will kill them first.”  95%+ of anime MCs could take a lesson.

I don’t think I’ve seen an isekai MC with a more OP power.  I’m not even sure I’ve seen ANY anime MC with a more OP power.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 5:17:29 PM EDT
[#35]
My Instant Death Ability Is So Overpowered, No One in This Other World Stands a Chance Against Me was pretty fun.  While it was a trash isekai (not that there’s anything wrong with that), it did have an original take on the genre by having an MC that was already OP AF before he was isekaied with his power dwarfing everything.  Also I LOVED how pragmatic the MC was when it came to dealing with enemies.  “This person is trying to kill me” = “I will kill them first.”  95%+ of anime MCs could take a lesson.

I don’t think I’ve seen an isekai MC with a more OP power.  I’m not even sure I’ve seen ANY anime MC with a more OP power.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/258158/IMG_8001_jpeg-3186716.JPG
View Quote

Probably because whatever it is that he is, he's not human.

So, no need to be bound by human stuff - he does what he wants, when he wants to.

Link Posted: 4/13/2024 5:20:08 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By ToledoXJ:

@targetworks

Ive watched a few youtube video tours with a guy holding his camera behind the driver on the Yamanote. It was fun to see all the stops I had been to, but other than that the trains were like an elevator. You get on, you shtf up and get off.

Last month we rode a train to Tokoname from Nagoya and I stood behind the driver/engineer and for the 1st time I felt the human controlled precision of getting to the statiion at exactly the sceduled time, the safety checks, the driver swaps and the look of the infrastructure. It was really a cool experience. Now I see why every Japanese kid's eye's light up when watching trains. I was only looking at the experience superficially

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/285969/IMG_0621_jpeg-3186543.JPG
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ToledoXJ:

@targetworks

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/285969/IMG_0621_jpeg-3186543.JPG

I will have to look for some of those videos. Yes, I've treated the Yamanote like an elevator ride - but it does go through some well-known parts of the metro area, and so it will be interesting to take it all in from a different perspective.

Just took delivery of the game console - hope I can hook it up this evening.

Link Posted: 4/13/2024 6:25:27 PM EDT
[#37]
Kaiju Number 8:  Thumbs up!
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 12:08:19 AM EDT
[Last Edit: targetworks] [#38]
Originally Posted By RarestRX:

View Quote

I like how they handled the world building so quickly in ep. 1 - while there are still many open questions, it mostly all makes sense to me.

Click To View Spoiler

Link Posted: 4/14/2024 12:59:22 AM EDT
[#39]

So, no need to be bound by human stuff - he does what he wants, when he wants to.

View All Quotes

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/258158/IMG_8001_jpeg-3186716.JPG

I also got a kick out of the MC going around effortlessly offing overly confident generic isekai MC-types and their “OP” harems.
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 2:13:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DragoMuseveni] [#40]
Crunchyroll finally "fixed" their Roku app.
Instead of having 20 listings for "Season 1" each with a different audio track, it's 1 season, with the different dubs tracks within each episode, like how the old Funimation app worked, since forever.
Took them long enough to figure that out.
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 2:27:43 PM EDT
[#41]
Just started "gushing over magical girls". 🤣🤣🤣🤣
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 3:15:32 PM EDT
[#42]
View Quote

Terrible, filthy stuff that anime is.  I’m guessing.  Because of course I’d never watch something that immoral.

I wonder if they’ll be a S2…. so I can be sure to stay away from it.
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 3:34:35 PM EDT
[#43]
Jellyfish can't swim at night is probably my most unexpected like this season, followed by the Train anime. Both are surprisingly good.

Alot of other "mid" anime and reincarnated type series that are fun.

The Fable started out good. Interested in seeing where it goes.  Same with Go GO Loser Ranger.

Link Posted: 4/14/2024 3:42:00 PM EDT
[#44]

Terrible, filthy stuff that anime is.  I’m guessing.  Because of course I’d never watch something that immoral.

View All Quotes

Not as messy as My Life as Inuke-san's dog, but just as likely to put you on a watch list.
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 9:15:27 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By RarestRX:

View Quote

Animation is good but the world isn't making any sense right now.
Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 9:18:22 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By yekimak:
Jellyfish can't swim at night is probably my most unexpected like this season, followed by the Train anime. Both are surprisingly good.

Alot of other "mid" anime and reincarnated type series that are fun.

The Fable started out good. Interested in seeing where it goes.  Same with Go GO Loser Ranger.

View Quote

It's only been 2 episodes but so far it's my favorite this season. It's the same studio that did Oshi No Ko which was one of my favorites from last year.
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 9:20:04 PM EDT
[#47]
View Quote

The ‘panty shots’ are very creatively and artistically rendered.

For Science.

Oh - and Utena is having entirely too much fun.

Link Posted: 4/14/2024 9:42:54 PM EDT
[#48]
View Quote

That show is a ride.
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 9:46:35 PM EDT
[#49]

For Science.

View All Quotes

For Science.

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 9:31:33 AM EDT
[#50]

Not as messy as My Life as Inuke-san's dog, but just as likely to put you on a watch list.
View All Quotes

I don’t think I’ve seen that one.

The only “MC is reincarnated/turned into the dog of a cute girl” anime I’ve seen was that scissors one where the girl is a writer.
Page / 744
Who watches Anime? (Page 741 of 744)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top