Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Who watches Anime? (Page 742 of 744)
Page / 744
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 9:34:31 AM EDT
[#1]
Fallout on Amazon was the best live-action adaptation of an anime or video game I’ve ever seen.

I went in not expecting much, and was shocked to find a pretty good show that was relatively woke-free.

Attachment Attached File

And while it’s not anime, the female lead does have the most anime eyes I’ve ever seen on an attractive actress before.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 9:38:25 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Hunter-Killer:

I don’t think I’ve seen that one.

The only “MC is reincarnated/turned into the dog of a cute girl” anime I’ve seen was that scissors one where the girl is a writer.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By yekimak:
Originally Posted By beitodesstrafe:
Just started "gushing over magical girls". 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Terrible, filthy stuff that anime is.  I’m guessing.  Because of course I’d never watch something that immoral.

I wonder if they’ll be a S2…. so I can be sure to stay away from it.

Not as messy as My Life as Inuke-san's dog, but just as likely to put you on a watch list.

I don’t think I’ve seen that one.

The only “MC is reincarnated/turned into the dog of a cute girl” anime I’ve seen was that scissors one where the girl is a writer.

"My Life as Inuke-san's dog" makes "Dog and Scissors" seem pretty fucking vanilla.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 9:41:12 AM EDT
[#3]
Fallout on Amazon was the best live-action adaptation of an anime or video game I’ve ever seen.

I went in not expecting much, and was shocked to find a pretty good show that was relatively woke-free.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/258158/IMG_8043_jpeg-3188453.JPG

And while it’s not anime, the female lead does have the most anime eyes I’ve ever seen on an attractive actress before.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/258158/IMG_8059_jpeg-3188454.JPG
View Quote

We are definitely enjoying it.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 5:18:30 AM EDT
[#4]
Has anybody been watching the new Spice and Wolf? I'm hesitant to start it given how much I loved the original.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 8:12:16 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By TheOTHERmaninblack:
Has anybody been watching the new Spice and Wolf? I'm hesitant to start it given how much I loved the original.
View Quote

I am, I’m enjoying it but I never watched the original.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 11:03:27 AM EDT
[Last Edit: RarestRX] [#6]
View All Quotes

Here's what I wrote a couple pages back:

So I watched the pilot episode of the new Spice and Wolf.

I'm left with a overwhelming feeling of "Why?"

Why are they just rehashing the same story from the old series season 1 we already saw?

I don't get it.

The original series ended on a huge cliff hanger, where Holo and Lawrence's relationship was in crisis.

Why not pick up there?

It's not like this new series has significantly better animation/story.

I don't get it.

ETA: Just watched the old series pilot episode.  Better fan service, Holo is hotter.  Why are they remaking this?

So yeah, it's like a shot for shot remake of the original series...but why, I have no fucking idea.

Animation isn't better, story is basically unchanged, old series had hotter Holo.

It's weird.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 12:07:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JPN] [#7]
Did the Nagatoro manga just end?  It didn't conclude with "The End", but it gave the impression that this may end up being the last chapter.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 1:56:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: joe_sun] [#8]
Originally Posted By JPN:
Did the Nagatoro manga just end?  It didn't conclude with "The End", but it gave the impression that this may end up being the last chapter.
View Quote

Are you talking about the Japanese volume that was released this month that ended on 145? According to Wikipedia, they have two additional chapters taking it to 147 right now.

Also, with all the love about "Gushing" that's about a teenage dominatrix I don't want to hear shit about Nagatoro being for masochists.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 2:08:22 PM EDT
[#9]
My nephew texted me yesterday and said that I HAVE to see Perfect Blue. Amazon has the Steelbook blu ray on sale, if anybody else hasn't seen it.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 2:25:53 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Ronin72:
My nephew texted me yesterday and said that I HAVE to see Perfect Blue. Amazon has the Steelbook blu ray on sale, if anybody else hasn't seen it.
View Quote

Is that the movie from the 90s or was it re-issued? I remember watching that in the theater back in the day and not understanding anything that was going on lol I think I was either drunk or tired. I watched it years later on DVD and it made much more sense.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 5:18:45 PM EDT
[#11]
View Quote

Last panel at #148 says “To be continued”…
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 7:23:14 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Gunslinger808:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/19372/IMG_5012_jpeg-3189721.JPG
View All Quotes

There’s also the spinoff.

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 7:43:42 PM EDT
[#13]
My Instant Death Ability Is So Overpowered, No One in This Other World Stands a Chance Against Me was pretty fun.  While it was a trash isekai (not that there’s anything wrong with that), it did have an original take on the genre by having an MC that was already OP AF before he was isekaied with his power dwarfing everything.  Also I LOVED how pragmatic the MC was when it came to dealing with enemies.  “This person is trying to kill me” = “I will kill them first.”  95%+ of anime MCs could take a lesson.

I don’t think I’ve seen an isekai MC with a more OP power.  I’m not even sure I’ve seen ANY anime MC with a more OP power.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/258158/IMG_8001_jpeg-3186716.JPG
View All Quotes
My Instant Death Ability Is So Overpowered, No One in This Other World Stands a Chance Against Me was pretty fun.  While it was a trash isekai (not that there’s anything wrong with that), it did have an original take on the genre by having an MC that was already OP AF before he was isekaied with his power dwarfing everything.  Also I LOVED how pragmatic the MC was when it came to dealing with enemies.  “This person is trying to kill me” = “I will kill them first.”  95%+ of anime MCs could take a lesson.

I don’t think I’ve seen an isekai MC with a more OP power.  I’m not even sure I’ve seen ANY anime MC with a more OP power.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/258158/IMG_8001_jpeg-3186716.JPG

I binged that one.  It was far more entertaining that I expected.  I love how comfortable it makes you with how the MC "fights."

Annoying character shows up starts talking shit. MC gives them the benefit of the doubt.  "I'm gonna walk away now and you're gonna let me"

Annoying character "not so fast"

MC

Click To View Spoiler

Originally Posted By beitodesstrafe:
Just started "gushing over magical girls". 🤣🤣🤣🤣

I was watching that and my wife started trying to talk to me right when a certain scene came up.

Link Posted: 4/16/2024 7:46:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Echd] [#14]
Originally Posted By RarestRX:

So yeah, it's like a shot for shot remake of the original series...but why, I have no fucking idea.

Animation isn't better, story is basically unchanged, old series had hotter Holo.

It's weird.
View Quote

Not really, this remake appears more faithful to the source material, other than the little scene at the start (which is itself just a nod and acknowledgement of the LN sequel, which the original series never reaches)
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 8:03:05 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By joe_sun:

Is that the movie from the 90s or was it re-issued? I remember watching that in the theater back in the day and not understanding anything that was going on lol I think I was either drunk or tired. I watched it years later on DVD and it made much more sense.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Ronin72:

Yep. I remember not getting it on first watch.  But now it definitely hits different.

Perfect Blue - Official Trailer
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 8:06:32 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Echd:

Not really, this remake appears more faithful to the source material, other than the little scene at the start.
View All Quotes

It's weird.

Not really, this remake appears more faithful to the source material, other than the little scene at the start.
Just watched a video regarding upcoming anime, and it's apparently meant to be the whole story. Because of that, they've added a story point that was skipped in the original anime, but will be critical for the understanding of the complete story.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 10:01:16 PM EDT
[#17]

Are you talking about the Japanese volume that was released this month that ended on 145? According to Wikipedia, they have two additional chapters taking it to 147 right now.
View All Quotes

Fan translations of chapter 148 were apparently released in the last day or so.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 10:06:11 PM EDT
[#18]

View Quote

Yeah, but it feels like one of those chapters that wraps the story up at the end of the series.  And is that "to be continued" next month, "to be continued" after taking a month off, or "to be continued" if a decision is made to write some more of this story in a few years?
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 10:16:26 PM EDT
[#19]

Yeah, but it feels like one of those chapters that wraps the story up at the end of the series.  And is that "to be continued" next month, "to be continued" after taking a month off, or "to be continued" if a decision is made to write some more of this story in a few years?
View Quote

Speaking of which: anyone current with Chainsaw Man?

I thought the story wrapped up pretty well, but the prologue was a snoozefest.

I left off not long after….

Click To View Spoiler

Has anything even slightly interesting happened since then?

Link Posted: 4/17/2024 12:07:24 PM EDT
[#20]

Speaking of which: anyone current with Chainsaw Man?

I thought the story wrapped up pretty well, but the prologue was a snoozefest.

I left off not long after….

Click To View Spoiler

Has anything even slightly interesting happened since then?

View Quote

I kind of promised myself I would get current with the manga after the first ending.

But never did.

At some point I will but I haven't been keeping up with manga at all lately.

Volume 13 was at my local walmart and I thumbed through it.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 11:47:07 AM EDT
[#21]
Attachment Attached File

...and I've got to go to work.  
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 9:34:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JPN] [#22]
Real world locations shown in Yurucamp, with Google Maps coordinates.

Some names are different from what is shown in the anime.

Google street view is available for many of them, while photo spheres are available for some others.

Season 1
Click To View Spoiler

Season 2
Click To View Spoiler

Season 3
Click To View Spoiler

They did a lot of sightseeing, this week.

I'm guessing that 'bashi' is Japanese for 'bridge', and 'tsuribashi' is Japanese for 'suspension bridge'.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 11:21:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DragoMuseveni] [#23]
What level of weeb does it take to be watching something non-anime related, say a Japanology Plus episode about washing machines(), hear some background music they used and immediately know it's from a very specific Anime composer and the track is from 1 of 3 anime series from the early 2000s

Asking about a friend

Link Posted: 4/18/2024 11:25:20 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By DragoMuseveni:
What level of weeb does it take to be watching something non-anime related, say a Japanology Plus episode about washing machines, hear some background music they used and immediately know it's from a very specific Anime composer and the track is from 1 of 3 anime series from the early 2000s

Asking about a friend https://www.ar15.com/images/smilies/icon_smile_Shy.gif

View Quote
That's pretty weeby. If the exact anime was named, I would say max level on a new game + (beyond the weebiest of weeb).
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 11:51:02 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By Liaztraht:
That's pretty weeby. If the exact anime was named, I would say max level on a new game + (beyond the weebiest of weeb).
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By DragoMuseveni:
What level of weeb does it take to be watching something non-anime related, say a Japanology Plus episode about washing machines, hear some background music they used and immediately know it's from a very specific Anime composer and the track is from 1 of 3 anime series from the early 2000s

Asking about a friend https://www.ar15.com/images/smilies/icon_smile_Shy.gif

The 2 - 3 possible animes were named.
The composer had a very specific style that carried over across series so Friendtaro() wasn't sure which series it was from until doing some digging.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 12:02:14 AM EDT
[#26]

Google street view is available for many of them, while photo spheres are available for some others.

Season 1
Click To View Spoiler

Season 2
Click To View Spoiler

Season 3
Click To View Spoiler

They did a lot of sightseeing, this week.

I'm guessing that 'bashi' is Japanese for 'bridge', and 'tsuribashi' is Japanese for 'suspension bridge'.
View Quote

Yeah - and those bridges were pretty cool, as were the steep terrain and Oi river valley scenes.

Next time I visit Japan (not anytime soon, unfortunately) I will have to visit that area.

But... With season 3 now starting to air, is it just me, or do others feel that with the new studio and production team, even with many of the prior season's Japanese VAs, it feels a little 'off'?

It's still watchable - but something is different...

Link Posted: 4/19/2024 2:29:09 AM EDT
[Last Edit: JPN] [#27]
Originally Posted By targetworks:

But... With season 3 now starting to air, is it just me, or do others feel that with the new studio and production team, even with many of the prior season's Japanese VAs, it feels a little 'off'?

View Quote

The anime (season 1 and 2) used slightly different character designs from the manga.  The current studio decided to go back to the character designs of the manga.  I occasionally notice it, but it is likely less jarring to me than it would be to someone who hasn't been reading the manga.  

I haven't checked the credits to be sure, but I think they changed the VA for the narrator/Grandpa.  If it is the same VA, he's either doing the voice differently for some reason, or something is being done differently with the sound.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 2:00:31 PM EDT
[#28]
The Witch and the Beast was much better than I expected.

Hopefully it gets a S2.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 2:33:34 PM EDT
[#29]

Hopefully it gets a S2.
View Quote
I quite enjoyed it.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 9:59:04 AM EDT
[#30]
Did anyone else watch the livestream of Kaiju no 8? the only difference between the live stream and watching it normal was the station breaks which were kind of funny, advertising to get to shelter, do not take selfies with kaiju and join the sweepers lots of guts no glory lol!!!
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 4:40:34 PM EDT
[#31]
Well, y’all were, unfortunately, right about S2 of Banished from the Hero's Party, I Decided to Live a Quiet Life in the Countryside.  I’m 1/3 through the season and I’m bored out of my mind with there being basically zero plot.  

S1 was extremely basic, but it at least told a coherent story.  These first 4 episodes feel like the type of episodes that anime usually use as throw away filler episodes in between arcs.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 4:50:07 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By treemydawg:
Did anyone else watch the livestream of Kaiju no 8? the only difference between the live stream and watching it normal was the station breaks which were kind of funny, advertising to get to shelter, do not take selfies with kaiju and join the sweepers lots of guts no glory lol!!!
View Quote

Are you talking about the Crunchyroll simulcast or something else?

No, I have never watched a CR simulcast.

Link Posted: 4/22/2024 7:27:10 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By treemydawg:
View Quote

What did you think of the episode? It seemed to fall off to me. That whole scene with the girl at the end was freaking stupid.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 7:28:44 PM EDT
[#34]
Well, y’all were, unfortunately, right about S2 of Banished from the Hero's Party, I Decided to Live a Quiet Life in the Countryside.  I’m 1/3 through the season and I’m bored out of my mind with there being basically zero plot.  

S1 was extremely basic, but it at least told a coherent story.  These first 4 episodes feel like the type of episodes that anime usually use as throw away filler episodes in between arcs.
View Quote

I just checked and I made it 2 1/2 episodes before quitting
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 8:46:30 PM EDT
[#35]

View All Quotes

I finished the second season but frankly the whole franchise just is kinda relegated to meh at this point despite having good potential.

Today's episode of reincarnated as the 7th whatever the fuck so I can do magic shit and stuff was fucking tits tho. Didn't start out this good, and I've doubts it can maintain. But damn it was fun.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 8:52:27 PM EDT
[#36]
I keep hoping jobless reincarnation will stop being a depressing slice of life anime but my hopes are dwindling.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 8:54:50 PM EDT
[#37]
The Fable on Hulu might appeal to some of you guys. Fairly good gun stuff and a weirdly autistic MC that isn't like the usually dumb sort.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 8:55:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: joe_sun] [#38]
Originally Posted By yekimak:
I keep hoping jobless reincarnation will stop being a depressing slice of life anime but my hopes are dwindling.
View Quote

Lol I can tell that you have not read the light novels.

It gets pretty mid before getting better again. You can tell that the guy that wrote it is a pretty much a loser that put a bunch of his sexual fantasies into it.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 6:22:04 AM EDT
[#39]

Are you talking about the Crunchyroll simulcast or something else?

No, I have never watched a CR simulcast.

View Quote

Yes it was Crunchyroll  livestream they even have a countdown that the last couple days of the week before it comes on.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 6:29:20 AM EDT
[#40]

What did you think of the episode? It seemed to fall off to me. That whole scene with the girl at the end was freaking stupid.
View Quote

I was laughing my ass off  Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 6:55:32 PM EDT
[#41]
Started watching  Chillin' in Another World With Level 2 Super Cheat Powers. I'd already watched the first couple of eps subbed, but saw that that dub for ep 1 released, so I started over. I missed this bit with the sub because my attention was at the bottom of the screen. Things like this are why I prefer dubs.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 8:35:49 PM EDT
[#42]
I went into Love After World Domination with rock bottom expectations fully expecting to bail after E1, but I was surprised to find a watchable anime.  Solid dub too.  I don’t know if that was the most fun Brittney Karbowski has had doing VA work, but it sounded like a contender.

My favorite line: “my mommy and daddy sent me here because every time I play with something, I break it.  I’ll try not to break any of you.”
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 7:14:40 PM EDT
[#43]
Does Berserk of Gluttony get any better after E3?

I thought the first two episodes were promising and was curious to see more about the MC and his gluttony skill.  However, E3 was a snoozefest.  The whole damn thing was about the Canute-looking female MC (who I find boring as hell) and the anime seems to be trending towards her being pretty much a co-protagonist.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 7:33:58 PM EDT
[#44]

I thought the first two episodes were promising and was curious to see more about the MC and his gluttony skill.  However, E3 was a snoozefest.  The whole damn thing was about the Canute-looking female MC (who I find boring as hell) and the anime seems to be trending towards her being pretty much a co-protagonist.
View Quote
It gets more intense. But it's also an OP MC type of story.

It was decent overall.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 7:48:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Echd] [#45]

Hopefully it gets a S2.
View All Quotes

Hopefully it gets a S2.

It might be a while. The series went on hiatus a while back, although i think it may have recently resumed. In my opinion the longest arc after the anime's coverage, while it moved the story a good deal, wasn't all that great.

The manga has a very interesting art style and is worth checking out. The anime did a very good job with a very limited budget.

It does get better but it never gets great. It's just your average tolerable but not good or offensively bad seasonal isekaislop. The ending is rushed and weird, like they didn't plan it out that great, and the pacing for all of the events sort of runs together there. Watchable though.

The female lead disappears for a while and is replaced by a better girl.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 7:55:04 PM EDT
[#46]

It was decent overall.
View All Quotes

It was decent overall.

That’s fine with me.  I just didn’t like the Canute Mary Sue nor the direction the anime was headed with regards to her role.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 7:55:46 PM EDT
[#47]

The female lead disappears for a while and is replaced by a better girl.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/25/2024 10:07:02 PM EDT
[#48]

Season 1
Click To View Spoiler

Season 2
Click To View Spoiler

Season 3
Click To View Spoiler

More sightseeing.  More bridges.  More train riding.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 10:25:04 PM EDT
[#49]

It's weird.
View Quote

I'd imagine it won't be a shot for shot remake the whole time

The original Anime deviated from the source material so I'm guessing they wanna try to re adapt the whole story properly

Like when the did FMA brotherhood they just started over instead of trying to add the real ending on top of what was already made
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 10:55:37 PM EDT
[#50]

View Quote

May have been because (somewhere in the back of my mind) I was trying to notice differences in the latest episode, but it does feel like the 'flow' in some scenes isn't as smooth as the earlier seasons.  Nadeshiko doesn't seem quite as energetic as she was in previous seasons, for one thing.  Rin shifted gears a bit with Ayano getting a bigger role in the series, so it's hard to say whether her change is solely because of interacting so much with Ayano (who she isn't as familiar with as the other girls), or a mix of that and the studio change.
Page / 744
Who watches Anime? (Page 742 of 744)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top