Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/6/2007 12:47:53 PM EDT
Couldnt find a section for "sticks" in the Armory

Anyone else carry a stick to crack heads with?
I work at an Airport, so even with my CCW, I still cant have my piece in my car. I have carried some form of head-cracker ever since I started to drive. Alm T-ball bats work great, but dont have any charcter. My dad always carried an axe handle in the bed of his truck.
I made this one myself. It is the center of an oak log. I was splitting firewood when I was about 15 and a perfect size piece fell from the center when I was splitting. I sanded it down, poured some lead down the head, and wrapped up a handle. I used it a few times on Garr hunts, but have never warmed it up against a human:(  Its about 22in long, and harder than a whores heart.
Anyone else carry a stick?

Link Posted: 9/6/2007 12:50:03 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
 Its about 22in long, and harder than a whores heart.

Link Posted: 9/6/2007 12:50:13 PM EDT
[#2]
whats the reason for not being able to have a weapon in your glove box ?  
Link Posted: 9/6/2007 12:51:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Dude, get a gun.

If you can wallpaper your place with money like that, surely you can afford a firearm and not have to depend on that piece of kindling for your protection.

Link Posted: 9/6/2007 12:52:38 PM EDT
[#4]
I prefer axe handles over bats.
Link Posted: 9/6/2007 12:53:13 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Dude, get a gun.

If you can wallpaper your place with money like that, surely you can afford a firearm and not have to depend on that piece of kindling for your protection.

I do carry in my truck, but cant at work because of Airport regulations. Also, I like to have a few "non-lethals" as an option, Stick is one, Brass Knuckles are the other. Besides, sometimes you dont want to kill someone, you just want to hurt them real bad

LOL, its $32 worth of $2 bills, gift from my dad and cost less than $40

Link Posted: 9/6/2007 12:53:26 PM EDT
[#6]
nm

Link Posted: 9/6/2007 12:54:50 PM EDT
[#7]
My ass whoopin stick is 16in long, steel and chrome lined.
Link Posted: 9/6/2007 12:55:44 PM EDT
[#8]
My father bought a 1979 Ford truck brand new in '79 and put an ax handle behind the seat. I have the truck now and it still has the handle behind the seat! I am kind of sentimental about things.

I don't have any kind of stick in my truck now, I would hate to think about going to court in this day and age after being sued for busting a head with a stick... Especially if they lived...

Link Posted: 9/6/2007 12:55:55 PM EDT
[#9]
tag
Link Posted: 9/6/2007 12:57:21 PM EDT
[#10]
I keep my late father's hickory walking staff standing in the corner of my living room.

It is well down the list of defensive weapons on my list though
Link Posted: 9/6/2007 1:01:28 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
My ass whoopin stick is 16in long, steel and chrome lined.

+1, there is always a breaker bar next to my drivers seat.
Link Posted: 9/6/2007 1:08:24 PM EDT
[#12]
I have a 20 inch Hickory Billy Club wrapped in braided leather.  My fathers uncle was a  union buster for a "family" owned coal mine in Southern Illinois during the 20s and 30s.  After my aunt died, we had the duty of cleaning out my aunts farm house.  In a steamer chest in the attic we found the following....1 billy club, 1 black jack, 1 set of brass knuckles, 1 .38 automatic, 1 2 shot .22 (derringer), shot gun shells, and  accessories for a Thompson.  Not sure what happened to the shotgun or the tommy, but they were either stolen or turned in after my great uncles death.  The pistols were in a smaller box so without digging too much somebody who didn't know what was in there would not have looked for the pistols.  
Link Posted: 9/6/2007 1:15:04 PM EDT
[#13]
This is my "Welcome Bat". There are not many like it and this one is mine.
My bat is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without me, my  bat is useless. Without my bat I am useless. I must swing my bat true. I must swing harder than my enemy, who is trying to kill me. I must crush his skull for him before he crushes mine . I will. Before God I swear this creed: my bat and myself are defenders of my country, we are the masters of my enemy, we are the saviors of my life. So be it, until there is no enemy, but peace. Amen.

Link Posted: 9/6/2007 1:20:35 PM EDT
[#14]
Not a stick, more like a mace....made of 100% masking tape. No steel core or anything, just tape. You wouldnt believe how hard it hits.

The beater.

1 1/4" rock slab.

Yeah, it would hurt.
Link Posted: 9/6/2007 1:20:42 PM EDT
[#15]
Get a telelscoping baton, fits right under the seat.
Link Posted: 9/6/2007 1:23:18 PM EDT
[#16]
My ass wooping stick is a 22 inch hollow lead pipe, filled a 1/5 of the way with mercury, and then welded closed.
Link Posted: 9/6/2007 1:25:59 PM EDT
[#17]
My ass whooping stick on the road is a G27, in the house it's an 870 or Mforgery.
Link Posted: 9/6/2007 1:28:08 PM EDT
[#18]
Sticks are for natives in third world countries , wait even they have AK 47's never mind .

Link Posted: 9/6/2007 1:29:08 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
My ass wooping stick is a 22 inch hollow lead pipe, filled a 1/5 of the way with mercury, and then welded closed.

Talk about over engineered .
Link Posted: 9/6/2007 1:29:09 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Not a stick, more like a mace....made of 100% masking tape. No steel core or anything, just tape. You wouldnt believe how hard it hits.

The beater.

Looks like a giant fucking asian sperm.
Link Posted: 9/6/2007 1:30:25 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

The beater.
i86.photobucket.com/albums/k94/TulaAKSU/Picture051.jpg

That looks like some sort of kinky sexual device and/or an alien invader...
Link Posted: 9/6/2007 1:30:45 PM EDT
[#22]
i gots an axe handle signed by ex ga gov lester maddox..

that count?
Link Posted: 9/6/2007 1:31:36 PM EDT
[#23]
I keep a 21" ASP in the car.
Link Posted: 9/6/2007 1:42:42 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Not legal in People's Republic of New York
Link Posted: 9/6/2007 1:44:21 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 9/6/2007 1:59:28 PM EDT
[#26]
My stick is a pump action at home, but sticks have their place.  

I was hiking last weekend (no CCW) and had the dogs on leashes.  Across a creek there was a big dog going nuts at seeing my two, acting like he was going to attack.  Steep sided banks kept him on his side of the creek.  I knew there was a bridge coming up in about 50 feet, so I whipped out the leatherman and sawed off a six foot sapling growing from the base of a sycamore tree.  
A quick swipe to buck the small branches and I had a very serviceable shepherds staff, perfect for fending off rowdy dogs.

Fortunately the owners noticed their mutt getting out of hand after a couple of minutes, so I didnt need to use it.  Carried the stick the rest of the day as a walking staff, and liked it so much I took it home.  I'm going to dry it and treat it and carve it up a bit for a keeper.
Link Posted: 9/6/2007 2:12:59 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Mercury dissolves (amalgamates) lead.

If you really did this, it will eventually cause you the biggest nightmare you could
ever imagine.

Link Posted: 9/6/2007 2:13:37 PM EDT
[#28]

And you should hear the sound it makes.
Link Posted: 9/6/2007 2:15:56 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

If you really did this, it will eventually cause you the biggest nightmare you could
ever imagine.

No i didn't reallt do that... It would be cool though because when the mercury hits about a 1/4 of a second after the pipe hits, it would do even more damage... It would be a two stage beating stick
Link Posted: 9/6/2007 2:18:27 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

ever imagine.

No i didn't reallt do that... It would be cool though because when the mercury hits about a 1/4 of a second after the pipe hits, it would do even more damage... It would be a two stage beating stick

That and if you didnt kill them you would probably give 'um some kinda cancer.
Link Posted: 9/6/2007 2:19:49 PM EDT
[#31]
Not really a stick, more like a stick-whip

Seriously thinking about picking one up and taking it with me on hikes.
Link Posted: 9/6/2007 2:20:11 PM EDT
[#32]
i work in maintenance and i see homemade beating sticks like the OPs next to front doors all the time. a lot of people always leave them behind when they move out. i guess making a new beating stick for there new apartment is some sorta ritual or something.

edit: and none of the properties my company owns are in bad areas either.
Link Posted: 9/6/2007 2:24:05 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
www.maglite.com/images/dcell6_black.jpg

And you should hear the sound it makes.

Link Posted: 9/6/2007 2:28:10 PM EDT
[#34]
There is a skullcracker in each of my rigs.  All hickory axe handles.
Link Posted: 9/6/2007 2:31:40 PM EDT
[#35]
Sure you guys want to discuss this stuff on an open forum?
Link Posted: 9/6/2007 2:33:12 PM EDT
[#36]
I always see those fibreglass "tire" knockers for sale in truck stops.
Are they really for tires? They look like a pretty good impact weapon to me.

Truckers weigh in.

Colonel Hurtz
Link Posted: 9/6/2007 2:33:41 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

ever imagine.

That and if you didnt kill them you would probably give 'um some kinda cancer.

I could call it a...... wait for it.......
Cancer stick
Link Posted: 9/6/2007 2:34:39 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

+1 I've had one like this  in the truck for a while.

eta- so to answer your question, no, no homemade ass- whooping stick.
Link Posted: 9/6/2007 2:36:54 PM EDT
[#39]
I bought this in Feb for my cruise. Just incase for the mexican & beliezian folks.
Link Posted: 9/6/2007 2:38:24 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
I bought this in Feb for my cruise. Just incase for the mexican & beliezian folks.i142.photobucket.com/albums/r112/SearcherforTruth/100_0923.jpg

Is that thing made of plastic? it looks like you can see the line were it its put together.
Link Posted: 9/6/2007 2:42:33 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
Couldnt find a section for "sticks" in the Armory

Anyone else carry a stick to crack heads with?
I work at an Airport, so even with my CCW, I still cant have my piece in my car. I have carried some form of head-cracker ever since I started to drive. Alm T-ball bats work great, but dont have any charcter. My dad always carried an axe handle in the bed of his truck.
I made this one myself. It is the center of an oak log. I was splitting firewood when I was about 15 and a perfect size piece fell from the center when I was splitting. I sanded it down, poured some lead down the head, and wrapped up a handle. I used it a few times on Garr hunts, but have never warmed it up against a human:(  Its about 22in long, and harder than a whores heart.
Anyone else carry a stick?

i148.photobucket.com/albums/s24/nofbdybs/DSCN0714.jpg

Looks about as queer as a $2 bill.  

Link Posted: 9/6/2007 2:45:34 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
Sure you guys want to discuss this stuff on an open forum?

Tinfoil on a little tight?
Link Posted: 9/6/2007 2:46:14 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I bought this in Feb for my cruise. Just incase for the mexican & beliezian folks.i142.photobucket.com/albums/r112/SearcherforTruth/100_0923.jpg

Is that thing made of plastic? it looks like you can see the line were it its put together.

looks like a mean anal bead..
Link Posted: 9/6/2007 2:47:28 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

looks like a mean anal bead..
Link Posted: 9/6/2007 2:51:19 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

What, in the fuck is that! Please tell me that its got a flex handle with a lead core in the head! That would be awesome!
How much? And where?
Link Posted: 9/6/2007 2:56:25 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

I used to have one of their sjambok's, damn nice little whatever it is.  Hell on snakes, and will make a dog stand up and take notice with just a light tap.  Most of the crap shown in that video is about useless though, just whip an assailant in the face and be done with it.
Link Posted: 9/6/2007 2:56:56 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

What, in the fuck is that! Please tell me that its got a flex handle with a lead core in the head! That would be awesome!
How much? And where?

It be a cane for the well-heeled pimps...
Link Posted: 9/6/2007 2:57:45 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I bought this in Feb for my cruise. Just in case for the mexican & beliezian folks.

How much? And where?

Cold Steel, & I think I paid $24.00 for it. No flex handle or steel in it though. I just needed to find some security measures for the cruise that wouldn't get me busted off the boat. I also got one of their plastic knifes.
Link Posted: 9/6/2007 3:01:18 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I used to have one of their sjambok's, damn nice little whatever it is.  Hell on snakes, and will make a dog stand up and take notice with just a light tap.  Most of the crap shown in that video is about useless though, just whip an assailant in the face and be done with it.

Yeah, I'm not going to hit whiffle balls with it wearing tight ass biker shorts like the Cold Steel guy on the video.  
Link Posted: 9/6/2007 3:04:00 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

A coworker bought one recently.  It's no cheap ass plastic.  The stick is stiff as a board.  I sure dont want to be hit by it.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top