Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/6/2007 1:21:55 PM EDT
To the man who discovered America Christopher Columbus, to the fratenal organizations like the Knights of Columbus and their help to the communities around the USA and the rest of the world, happy Columbus Day!
Link Posted: 10/6/2007 1:23:28 PM EDT
[#1]
um.

Columbus didn't discover America.

Its a misnomer.

Link Posted: 10/6/2007 1:24:26 PM EDT
[#2]
No, but he discovered a HOLIDAY!    Sweet!!!11!!11!!
Link Posted: 10/6/2007 1:24:31 PM EDT
[#3]
fuck columbus
Link Posted: 10/6/2007 1:25:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Someone had to take the credit
Link Posted: 10/6/2007 1:26:26 PM EDT
[#5]
yeah, I have a midterm Monday (Columbus day), at 9am.
Link Posted: 10/6/2007 1:33:03 PM EDT
[#6]
At work we have a Hispanic Heritage week all week but not one mention of the Genovese sailor who against all odds took the voyage, I read Columbus' story, and obviously he was not the first, the Portuguese sailors had been traveling to the Gineau Coast of West Africa, it was there among the natives that Colombus had seen Native American artifacts when he asked the African natives what they were they all pointed west, Colombus knew damn well he was not going to India, that is documented.
Link Posted: 10/6/2007 2:37:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Happy Columbus Day
Link Posted: 10/6/2007 2:44:12 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
um.

Columbus didn't discover America.

Its a misnomer.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christopher_Columbus:

Christopher Columbus (1451 – May 20, 1506) was a navigator and colonialist who is one of the first Europeans to discover the Americas, after the Vikings. Though not the first to reach the Americas from Europe, it was Columbus' voyages that led to general European awareness of the hemisphere and the successful establishment of European cultures in the New World.
--

He deserved a great deal of credit and notoriety for his accomplishment.

I'll gladly drink a toast to him.    Happy Columbus Day!

Quoted:
fuck columbus

Link Posted: 10/6/2007 2:47:41 PM EDT
[#9]
It is after all a national holiday and no human being is perfect or without flaws
Link Posted: 10/6/2007 2:49:06 PM EDT
[#10]
It gets me off of work, gotta love banker's holidays.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top