Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 12/20/2007 12:40:19 PM EDT
My dad has lived in the Clearwater, Largo area of Florida for over a decade and as he was driving his scooter across the street a week ago  Some stinking shit faced drunk plowed him into the roadway and killed him.  My dad was heading to Wal-Mart for afternoon coffee with the old geezers who sit there.

The drunken asshole was named Angus Theodore Davis and he has several felony DUI's, as well as convictions for driving with no license, insurance and/or registration over and over for the last twenty-two years in that county.

Regardless of your opinion of walkers, my dad was doing something perfectly legal in Florida.  He was crossing at the entrances to two shopping centers in light mid-day traffic.  The driver did not apply the brakes and centered up on my dad before crushing him with his shitbox truck.  I went to the scene and saw the marks myself, you can see the headrest of my dads scooter made a dent in the near exact center of the hood.

Here are links to the various articles, if you know anyone in the local area to the accident who may know anything useful, please contact the Largo Police Department.  They have a Sgt. Edminston working the case.  

Largo PD was really decent, they know what kind of scumbag this guy is and are trying to get the strongest case possible.

My opinion of the losers at the St. Petersburg Times is pretty low.  I do not know where the hell they hide their sunday opinion on the tampabay.com website, but their editior wrote a piece in the Sunday "Largo Times" section that basically said my dad deserved what he got for interferring with the rights of drivers to go where they please. They suggested you shop on one side of the street only and never DARE to bother drivers as they are too busy to look where they are going.

I wrote are response, if anyone finds a link to the original editorial, please add it to the thread.  They have yet to report a single negative thing on my dads killer as they appear to support both drunk driving and the right of drivers to kill as they please.

www.sptimes.com/2007/12/14/Southpinellas/Largo_Scooter_rider_w.shtml
www.sptimes.com/2007/12/19/Northpinellas/Today_s_Letters__Mock.shtml

I know someone will post up their opinion that old people who can no longer driver have no right to cross the street or otherwise slow down traffic.  Spare me that crap.  My dad was trying to cross safely and three people have been killed in crosswalks in the area this year alone. So using crosswalks has little or nothing to do with safety, that is a pointless argument. My dad was a decent old guy and did not deserve this ending, all the guy had to do was tap the brakes.  
Link Posted: 12/20/2007 12:42:49 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm really sorry for your loss, you have my sincere prayers sent.
Link Posted: 12/20/2007 12:45:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/20/2007 12:45:40 PM EDT
[#3]
very sorry for your loss.  

i don't understand how anyone can blame him considering the perp's record.  lock that shitbag up permanently.
Link Posted: 12/20/2007 12:46:04 PM EDT
[#4]
I am sorry for your loss.
Link Posted: 12/20/2007 12:46:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/20/2007 12:47:41 PM EDT
[#6]
That's too bad.  I'm sorry.

I drink, but I don't drink and drive.

M.L.
Link Posted: 12/20/2007 12:47:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Very sorry to hear.

Is the toxicology report back on the driver?
Link Posted: 12/20/2007 12:48:06 PM EDT
[#8]

sorry to hear about your loss
Link Posted: 12/20/2007 12:48:27 PM EDT
[#9]
I just can't imagine how angry you must be right now.
Link Posted: 12/20/2007 12:49:03 PM EDT
[#10]
My deepest sympathies for you and your family.

This angers me greatly, not only for the scum that caused the accident, but the absolutely disgusting response to the article.

Again, sorry for your loss.
Link Posted: 12/20/2007 12:49:27 PM EDT
[#11]
I am so sorry to hear about your dad.
Link Posted: 12/20/2007 12:49:37 PM EDT
[#12]
I'm truly sorry for your loss Prayers sent for you and your family.
Link Posted: 12/20/2007 12:50:15 PM EDT
[#13]
When you drink and drive, you lose all right to transfer blame to others, IMHO.
This man should be charged just as if he told his friends what he was about to do, went and premeditatedly bought a gun, then went to your dad's and shot him.

Choosing to drink, then drive, means you are choosing to take control of something (vehicle) that you are not capable of controlling.

You have my most sincere sympathy for your tragic loss.
Link Posted: 12/20/2007 12:51:18 PM EDT
[#14]
I'm sorry to hear about your loss... I'll be praying for you.
Link Posted: 12/20/2007 12:51:44 PM EDT
[#15]
Sincerest condolences.
I hope the shitbag driver goes to prison and is killed slow and painfully.
Link Posted: 12/20/2007 12:52:39 PM EDT
[#16]
I am so sorry to hear that. My sincere condolences to your family.
Link Posted: 12/20/2007 12:52:40 PM EDT
[#17]
You have my sympathy.
Your Dad has every right to use his scooter without fear of being run down.  My Dad used a scooter before he had to go into a Nursing Home.
We the people who drive automobiles have a responsibility to watch out for older people on scotters or children on bicycles.  We also have the responsibility to drive SOBER!!!
My prayers are with you and your family.
Link Posted: 12/20/2007 12:52:42 PM EDT
[#18]
I am very sorry for your loss and i hope your father's murderer rots in jail and then eternal hell!
Link Posted: 12/20/2007 12:54:07 PM EDT
[#19]
Sorry brother
Link Posted: 12/20/2007 12:54:27 PM EDT
[#20]
Wow...  I can't imagine the pain and anger you must be feeling.  You have my sincerest condolences.
Link Posted: 12/20/2007 12:54:39 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 12/20/2007 12:54:42 PM EDT
[#22]
Tox will be back the first of 2008, they will charge either felony DUI or Vech. Manslaughter depending on how strong a case they can make.  They really need a decent witness and most folks heard the crash then looked, so they do not have an eyewitness.

This will be this winner's fourth DUI conviction and he will get from five to twenty-two years depending on the charge and judge.

If you know anyone who commutes the area or lives along Missouri Ave. and was in the area on December 12th have them contact the authorities.
Link Posted: 12/20/2007 12:54:52 PM EDT
[#23]
Words could never express how sorry I am about your dad.

Truly and most sincerely sorry for your loss and I hope that POS drunk suffers extensively for what he's done.
Link Posted: 12/20/2007 12:55:01 PM EDT
[#24]
I'm not advocating that you do anything illegal, but I would be in that editor's officer right now.
Link Posted: 12/20/2007 12:55:50 PM EDT
[#25]
There's no justice in this life, but there is in the next.

prayers for you and your family.
Link Posted: 12/20/2007 12:55:57 PM EDT
[#26]
Words cannot express my sadness at your loss.  

While nothing can be done to bring back your dad, maybe something can come from this senseless tragedy.  Mr. Davis sounds like he has not learned much from his life on the outside.  Maybe sometime inside a cell will do the trick.

My family will have yours in our prayers.
Link Posted: 12/20/2007 12:56:04 PM EDT
[#27]
I'm sorry for your loss. I hope that POS gets what's coming to him.
Link Posted: 12/20/2007 12:57:27 PM EDT
[#28]
I'm sorry for your loss.
Link Posted: 12/20/2007 12:59:01 PM EDT
[#29]
I think that the penalty for killing someone while DUI ought to be a good hanging.

Sorry for your loss  .
Link Posted: 12/20/2007 12:59:15 PM EDT
[#30]
This thread makes me angry.

I am sorry that you lost your dad, I can't imagine losing mine.
Link Posted: 12/20/2007 12:59:50 PM EDT
[#31]
So sorry for your loss. Hopefully they make that fucking drunkard pay with his life.

HOW MANY TIMES CAN SOMEONE LIKE THAT DUI AND STILL WALK THE STREETS???!!!!
Link Posted: 12/20/2007 1:01:09 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
Quoted:
lock that shitbag up permanently.

promoting an illegal act is forbidden ... CnL
Link Posted: 12/20/2007 1:03:36 PM EDT
[#33]
sorry for your loss.  had the same thing happen to my uncle and 7yo cousin a couple years ago. they we standing in his driveway when it happened. MO state law ended up changing because of his case.
Link Posted: 12/20/2007 1:10:24 PM EDT
[#34]
I am terribly sorry to hear this news, lonegunman.  Prayers sent for you and your family during this time of sorrow.

Link Posted: 12/20/2007 1:13:04 PM EDT
[#35]
I'm so sorry for your loss

Link Posted: 12/20/2007 1:15:26 PM EDT
[#36]
Please accept my condolences.
Link Posted: 12/20/2007 1:19:34 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 12/20/2007 1:19:39 PM EDT
[#38]
Lonegunman, I'm at a loss for words. I cannot express my own indignation at this event. And I cannot even imagine the rage and sorrow you are going through right now.

I sincerely hope the scumbag who killed your Dad is punished heavily. God only knows why the various state legislatures don't do something harsh to these people!
Link Posted: 12/20/2007 1:22:09 PM EDT
[#39]
 Dude, I'm so sorry.
Link Posted: 12/20/2007 1:27:12 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
My dad has lived in the Clearwater, Largo area of Florida for over a decade and as he was driving his scooter across the street a week ago  Some stinking shit faced drunk plowed him into the roadway and killed him.  My dad was heading to Wal-Mart for afternoon coffee with the old geezers who sit there.

The drunken asshole was named Angus Theodore Davis and he has several felony DUI's, as well as convictions for driving with no license, insurance and/or registration over and over for the last twenty-two years in that county.

Regardless of your opinion of walkers, my dad was doing something perfectly legal in Florida.  He was crossing at the entrances to two shopping centers in light mid-day traffic.  The driver did not apply the brakes and centered up on my dad before crushing him with his shitbox truck.  I went to the scene and saw the marks myself, you can see the headrest of my dads scooter made a dent in the near exact center of the hood.

Here are links to the various articles, if you know anyone in the local area to the accident who may know anything useful, please contact the Largo Police Department.  They have a Sgt. Edminston working the case.  

Largo PD was really decent, they know what kind of scumbag this guy is and are trying to get the strongest case possible.

My opinion of the losers at the St. Petersburg Times is pretty low.  I do not know where the hell they hide their sunday opinion on the tampabay.com website, but their editior wrote a piece in the Sunday "Largo Times" section that basically said my dad deserved what he got for interferring with the rights of drivers to go where they please. They suggested you shop on one side of the street only and never DARE to bother drivers as they are too busy to look where they are going.

I wrote are response, if anyone finds a link to the original editorial, please add it to the thread.  They have yet to report a single negative thing on my dads killer as they appear to support both drunk driving and the right of drivers to kill as they please.

www.sptimes.com/2007/12/14/Southpinellas/Largo_Scooter_rider_w.shtml
www.sptimes.com/2007/12/19/Northpinellas/Today_s_Letters__Mock.shtml

I know someone will post up their opinion that old people who can no longer driver have no right to cross the street or otherwise slow down traffic.  Spare me that crap.  My dad was trying to cross safely and three people have been killed in crosswalks in the area this year alone. So using crosswalks has little or nothing to do with safety, that is a pointless argument. My dad was a decent old guy and did not deserve this ending, all the guy had to do was tap the brakes.  
I am very sorry over the loss of your DAD, the biggest asshole drivers are in Florida, I have even seen cars trying to run over parents and schoolchildren, I even wrote Gov Charlie Crist over tthe assholes and aggressiveness I have seen.
Link Posted: 12/20/2007 1:29:57 PM EDT
[#41]
I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your dad.  I dread the day I lose my dad.  He's my best buddy and I don't want to go through that.
Link Posted: 12/20/2007 1:31:59 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
Tox will be back the first of 2008, they will charge either felony DUI or Vech. Manslaughter depending on how strong a case they can make.  They really need a decent witness and most folks heard the crash then looked, so they do not have an eyewitness.

This will be this winner's fourth DUI conviction and he will get from five to twenty-two years depending on the charge and judge.

If you know anyone who commutes the area or lives along Missouri Ave. and was in the area on December 12th have them contact the authorities.

Not that he doesnt deserve it, but could he really get 22 yrs for DUI ??

I would think they would have to use some sort of homicide charge to get that much time.

I am sorry for your loss. Its a terrible waste of a good life.

I hope the perp is locked up for a long time. IMHO the chair would be better, but they won't do that.
Link Posted: 12/20/2007 1:33:15 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 12/20/2007 1:33:36 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
I just can't imagine how angry you must be right now.

+eleventybajillion.. I'm torqued just reading the OP
Link Posted: 12/20/2007 1:33:52 PM EDT
[#45]
Prayers sent.
Link Posted: 12/20/2007 1:40:04 PM EDT
[#46]
Thats sucks for the loss of your father to some drunk.

I don't know what it is in Florida, but they're very lax on repeat DUI offenders.  I knew quite a few people that were convicted of DUI/DWI and were still out there driving around.  We owned a sports bar, so it was the nature of the beast dealing with some of these people.
Link Posted: 12/20/2007 1:46:55 PM EDT
[#47]
I can't express just how sad I feel about your loss.

I drive a scooter as well & I'll attest to the fact that people these days sure are inconsiderate.

I think we should pass a law saying that in order to drive anything but a scooter, you need licensing to the equivilant of NFA items in California*.

As to the drunk driver, I'm going to quote Steyr Aug.

Some people just never got held down & beaten up enough.

*And this is from someone who got fed up enough with the regular drivers license program to just get a scooter & have done with it.
Link Posted: 12/20/2007 1:51:34 PM EDT
[#48]
Condolences
Link Posted: 12/20/2007 1:54:27 PM EDT
[#49]
Damn, I'm sorry for your loss.  I hope the drunk driver gets the maximum sentence.  
Link Posted: 12/20/2007 2:03:56 PM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top