Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/26/2008 3:57:00 PM EDT
At a gunshow today, a custom holster maker had all his desert digital stuff on clearance.  He said he had to move it out since the pattern was discontinued by the USMC and now no one wanted it .  I asked if it wasn't just that you look like a poser wearing a MARPAT cell phone holster while shopping for shampoo at Wal Mart?  He said it was a done deal, the USMC is changing patterns.  First I've heard of it, any truth to it?
Link Posted: 1/26/2008 3:58:38 PM EDT
[#1]
First I heard.  Currently we are ordered to wear our deserts during the summer months and our greens durning the winter months. Came from HQ Marine Corp last summer.
Link Posted: 1/26/2008 3:59:58 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
At a gunshow today,  

enough said

Other than that I have no idea.  A marine will be around here soon.
Link Posted: 1/26/2008 4:00:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Bull shit.

Desert Marpat is the uniform of the day for 6 months out of the year.
Link Posted: 1/26/2008 4:04:16 PM EDT
[#4]
They are in Georgia!

The Corps can't afford to issue my ROTC unit MARPAT until we go to OCS.  

In the meantime we have to buy my own if we choose not to wear the old woodland cammies.
Link Posted: 1/26/2008 4:05:45 PM EDT
[#5]
There were some early test patterns around...and some "Night Camo" OR "low Light Camo"Marpat that was never developed...maybe that is what he is thinking...all of the test stuff is just now showing up...
Link Posted: 1/26/2008 4:26:32 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
They are in Georgia!

In the meantime we have to buy my own if we choose not to wear the old woodland cammies.

Youre not supposed to wear Marpat until you earn the title.  Maybe thats why you guys dont have them yet.  The Midshipmen that were training at camp horno wore BDUs except for the prior enlisted who wore Digis.
Link Posted: 1/26/2008 4:29:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Yeah, thought it was BS.  This guy has a fairly good business making kydex holsters, and accessories, but is a bit of a dumbass.  A couple of years ago me and a buddy asked him about making us kydex belt rigs for pistols with a light attached.  He asked what our "tactical connection" was that we would need a light on a gun.  Wer'e like "so we can positively ID someone we might be about to shoot."  He asks "what SWAT team do you need these for?" Never mind.
Link Posted: 1/26/2008 4:34:10 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
They are in Georgia!

Youre not supposed to wear Marpat until you earn the title.  Maybe thats why you guys dont have them yet.  The Midshipmen that were training at camp horno wore BDUs except for the prior enlisted who wore Digis.

Why wouldn't you have to as an ROTC member have to buy your own? I had to buy my own as an enlisted Marine and we tore ours up all the time in the bush and basically had to have two sets one for training and one for garrison to stay sharp. Yes we got clothing allotments but that hardly covered uniform items for the year.

Please tell me the "Corps" isn't giving uniforms to ROTC kids.
Link Posted: 1/26/2008 4:54:55 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
They are in Georgia!

Why wouldn't you have to as an ROTC member have to buy your own? I had to buy my own as an enlisted Marine and we tore ours up all the time in the bush and basically had to have two sets one for training and one for garrison to stay sharp. Yes we got clothing allotments but that hardly covered uniform items for the year.

\

This is why I think All Marine Officers should do a 4 year enlisted hitch first.  Enlisted Marines really "pay" for that Eagle Globe and Anchor.
Link Posted: 1/26/2008 4:58:25 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:
They are in Georgia!

When I was in ROTC, the Marine Options were allowed to purchase and wear MARPAT.  Even had the "U.S. MARINES" over the pocket.

YOU go tell that GySgt or that MAJ he was wrong.
Link Posted: 1/26/2008 5:00:05 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

As soon as Im out of the IRR I will!
Link Posted: 1/26/2008 5:02:29 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Actually, the GySgt got sent to Iraq in '04 or '05, and the MAJ got sent somewhere else shortly thereafter.  Both were impeccable men, but the speed with which they could rip you a new one still impresses me.
Link Posted: 1/26/2008 5:05:39 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
They are in Georgia!

This is why I think All Marine Officers should do a 4 year enlisted hitch first.  Enlisted Marines really "pay" for that Eagle Globe and Anchor.

Personally, i think ALL officers should go through the enlisted ranks so they can get a taste of when being a groundpounder tastes like, being a "Mustang" is the way to go as an officer.
Link Posted: 1/26/2008 5:06:07 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Actually, the GySgt got sent to Iraq in '04 or '05, and the MAJ got sent somewhere else shortly thereafter.  Both were impeccable men, but the speed with which they could rip you a new one still impresses me.

Im sure the Gunny feels the same way I do.  He just couldnt say anything.  
Link Posted: 1/26/2008 5:08:56 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well what are you gonna do?  The cover on the woodland camo has an EGA on it, right?  Only way to remove the EGA is to do a new uniform or not wear one at all, it seems.

On the ROTC dress uniform marine options wear, and on their khakis, there is an EGA.  Now THAT always brought about a WTF look from, well, everyone.
Link Posted: 1/26/2008 5:10:13 PM EDT
[#16]
here's a question. i was in in 94-95, before the MARPAT.  my stepbrother, who is a SSGT got me some MARPAT pants last year as a gift. am i allowed, officially, to wear them, or is it just for Marines who were in when they were actually issued?  i try to abide by the uniform regs as a civilian, even 12 years out.
Link Posted: 1/26/2008 5:11:16 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well what are you gonna do?  The cover on the woodland camo has an EGA on it, right?  Only way to remove the EGA is to do a new uniform or not wear one at all, it seems.

On the ROTC dress uniform marine options wear, and on their khakis, there is an EGA.  Now THAT always brought about a WTF look from, well, everyone.

Squids buy a Digi cover without the EGA.  they could buy them instead.  I think alll recruits/canidates should wear the old cammies.  Upon graduation/commision, they get the Digi Cammies and the right to wear the EGA.
Link Posted: 1/26/2008 5:12:21 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
here's a question. i was in in 94-95, before the MARPAT.  my stepbrother, who is a SSGT got me some MARPAT pants last year as a gift. am i allowed, officially, to wear them, or is it just for Marines who were in when they were actually issued?  i try to abide by the uniform regs as a civilian, even 12 years out.

Well "no" because youre not supposed to wear combat utilities off base.  But you can wear them all you want in my book.
Link Posted: 1/26/2008 5:15:15 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

You could join the reserves.
Link Posted: 1/26/2008 5:16:47 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:
They are in Georgia!

Camp Horno...wow , haven't heard that in about 20 years...wow, where did the time go?
"A" Co Raiders, 1st BTLN. 4th Marines.
Link Posted: 1/26/2008 5:18:57 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

i've thought about that.  going through basic at 31, 12 years after my first go round, is not that appealing, and i'd need to wait 1.5-2 yrs until my current employment contract is up, but i do miss the Corps, and think about it often.
Link Posted: 1/26/2008 5:22:22 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

i've thought about that.  going through basic at 31, 12 years after my first go round, is not that appealing, and i'd need to wait 1.5-2 yrs until my current employment contract is up, but i do miss the Corps, and think about it often.

After November bad times are comming for our Corps methinks.  Its better that you stayed out.  I could NEVER serve under hitlery.
Link Posted: 1/26/2008 9:51:29 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

When I was in ROTC, the Marine Options were allowed to purchase and wear MARPAT.  Even had the "U.S. MARINES" over the pocket.

That's the way we do it. We don't earn an Eagle, Globe, and Anchor until our second year though. It looks kind of funny without a rank insignia on the collar.

Did you go Marnie option badfish?

About being prior enlisted, I would go to Paris Island if ordered to. Instead 6 weeks of OCS is the requirement.
Link Posted: 1/26/2008 9:56:59 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Did you go Marnie option badfish?

I was a Navy puke, but they cut the college program before I could sign a contract.  I'm in law school now, seriously considering USMC JAG.
Link Posted: 1/26/2008 9:57:18 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
They are in Georgia!

Even JROTC units are getting digis.
Link Posted: 1/26/2008 11:23:38 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
At a gunshow today, a custom holster maker had all his desert digital stuff on clearance.  He said he had to move it out since the pattern was discontinued by the USMC and now no one wanted it .  I asked if it wasn't just that you look like a poser wearing a MARPAT cell phone holster while shopping for shampoo at Wal Mart?  He said it was a done deal, the USMC is changing patterns.  First I've heard of it, any truth to it?

No.  
Link Posted: 1/26/2008 11:44:30 PM EDT
[#27]
FAIL.

You're not a Marine. You're a college student. If you do become a Marine, then .gov will give you more cammie than you want- I'm looking at 10 pairs in my closet right now, and I have another 15 pairs back in the states.

Might start my own surplus store when I ETS.....
Link Posted: 1/26/2008 11:52:47 PM EDT
[#28]
I would have thought that the PMS or whatever the Navy calls him would settle this issue.

I never thought the Corps would give anyone an option of what to wear or how to wear it.
Link Posted: 1/26/2008 11:53:41 PM EDT
[#29]
99.9% of the things you hear at gunshows are bullshit.
Link Posted: 1/26/2008 11:53:58 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

I've paid plenty for my bars, too.
Link Posted: 1/27/2008 12:01:43 AM EDT
[#31]
Talked to Junior today. He's in CA working up for his third tour with Force Recon.

He raises the BS flag on this. And said to pass the word on.

This reinforces the Joe-Bananas Axiom of Gun Show Intellect: 95 percent of everything said at a gun show is pure bull sh!t. The other five percent smells like it.

Remember this. It will come in handy in the future. Do your research before the gun show. Check everything you're told when you get home. Keep your trap shut and you'll avoid getting it in your mouth, too.
Link Posted: 1/27/2008 12:03:23 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

You didn't get an initial issue  (or the additional allowance to buy them when they first came out)? I'm still wearing the cammies I was issued in OCS, but then again, I'm still wet around the ears; and a winger. Now paying for the dress and service uniforms, that was a b*tch.
Link Posted: 1/27/2008 12:22:50 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I've paid plenty for my bars, too.

I know officers are held to a higher standard of physical fitness.  I understand that many Marine Officers are good quality Marines.  But they dont get humbled the same as a enlisted Marine.  When I say "pay" I mean someone made them hurt for it.

Stories about the Corps not hitting recruits are as fake as the loch ness monster.

When you report to Boot they stip you naked, slam you into a rainroom with 2 shower heads on. and then you and 80 other recruits are made to wash your ass and crotch, then your face, with no time to rinse the butt-suds from your eyes.  the whole time they have you jumping up and down its pretty disgusting.  

Drill Instructors splashed recruits faces in the head they just crapped in when they shit instead of pissed.

When our DIs got bored he would take 3 random recruits into the whiskey locker to play the one arms distance game.  the room is 4' x 12' so its basicly 10 minutes of being whooped.  

I was personally choked, punched, and kicked often while in boot, and Im certain every other recruit in the platoon was too.

The Drill Instuctor gets pissed, he throws the metal garbage can over your head and beats the shit out of it.  He didnt hit YOU he hit the can.

We had a kid who was burned right on his face with a hot iron.  He wore the burn the whole time until we went up north.  He couldnt hack it and went UA durring phase 2.

At all times, we knew we were NOT Marines.  We just didnt rate.

On the day My senior Drill Instructor shook my hand and addressed me as MARINE, it changed my life.  When I speak to officers, they dont seem to echo that same sence of being pushed to the brink, having your pride smashed, only to one day thank God and look back, smile and know it was all worth it.

Link Posted: 1/27/2008 1:05:56 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
They are in Georgia!

\

All officers have to pay for their uniforms, they don't get issued jack, its issued but its taken outta their paychecks.
Link Posted: 1/27/2008 1:35:58 AM EDT
[#35]
Now, this is going to reflect the way a "new Corps" boot LT seeing things versus a seasoned old Corps Marine, but I don't associate getting hazed with what makes a Marine. At the same time, there's also different expectations of an officer. Boot camp is supposed to instill discipline and Corps values in a civilian piece of shit to turn them into a Marine. To a large part, self discipline and values are expected of an officer candidate - all OCS does is screen for them. If someone has to be taught discipline or integrity, I'd argue they're not ready to be an officer yet. I'm quite aware I haven't earned the title Marine the same way an enlisted Marine has; I think of myself not so much as "a Marine" as I am a "leader of Marines", if that makes any sense to you.

When I say I've paid for my bars, what comes to mind is getting humbled in physical training and in the field, the 6 months of grunt training at TBS, and being the guinea pig for your peers' leadership mistakes for the duration of that 6 months. There's a lot of getting treated like a PFC and acting like a PFC at TBS, and I learned a lot about how not to treat my PFC's from that. My buddy (and first salute) is a student at TBS right now and is struggling not to throttle his peers or revert to NCO mode and chew some ass because of the stupid micromanaging shit that goes on. I've spent my time on line in the treeline doing police call and picking up brass on a snowed-in range, and of course sitting around with my thumb up my butt waiting for the billet holders to get their act together. I'm not sold that 4 years of it vice 6 months would teach me that much more about what junior enlisted go through.

Incidentally, LT's acting like PFC's is hard on the junior enlisted at Quantico who see this shit, especially the ones for whom that's their first duty station. It erodes their respect and confidence in officers and a lot of them end up getting out. The more seasoned Marines understand that experiencewise, we pretty much are PFC's at that point (at least the PFC has been promoted once), and are there to get mentored into a product fit for the fleet, and take pride in developing their future leaders.

Priors know more about how things work in the Marine Corps, and most of them were good NCO's (though there's a lot of priors who weren't NCO's). But while the leadership principles remain the same, NCO's and officers fill different roles, and the priors that have trouble adjusting are the ones that still act like NCO's (or worse, like PFC's). You can learn a lot from an enlisted stint, but you can also learn the wrong lessons. Besides, a boot LT at his first unit is still considered in training, and it's incumbent on his first SNCO to continue to develop that LT. I'm very thankful as a winger to have worked a stash job where I had two great SSgt's mentor me, even though I won't have Marines again for a few more years (flight school and all getting in the way)

I considered enlisting first, but what it came down to for me was this: Would I be a better officer after 4 years as an enlisted Marine and one as an officer, with maybe half that time in a leadership role, or spending all five years as an officer and being developed as a leader and an officer the entire time?
Link Posted: 1/27/2008 1:44:06 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
Now, this is going to reflect the way a "new Corps" boot LT seeing things versus a seasoned old Corps Marine, but I don't associate getting hazed with what makes a Marine. At the same time, there's also different expectations of an officer. Boot camp is supposed to instill discipline and Corps values in a civilian piece of shit to turn them into a Marine. To a large part, self discipline and values are expected of an officer candidate - all OCS does is screen for them. If someone has to be taught discipline or integrity, I'd argue they're not ready to be an officer yet. I'm quite aware I haven't earned the title Marine the same way an enlisted Marine has; I think of myself not so much as "a Marine" as I am a "leader of Marines", if that makes any sense to you.

When I say I've paid for my bars, what comes to mind is getting humbled in physical training and in the field, the 6 months of grunt training at TBS, and being the guinea pig for your peers' leadership mistakes for the duration of that 6 months. There's a lot of getting treated like a PFC and acting like a PFC at TBS, and I learned a lot about how not to treat my PFC's from that. My buddy (and first salute) is a student at TBS right now and is struggling not to throttle his peers or revert to NCO mode and chew some ass because of the stupid micromanaging shit that goes on. I've spent my time on line in the treeline doing police call and picking up brass on a snowed-in range, and of course sitting around with my thumb up my butt waiting for the billet holders to get their act together. I'm not sold that 4 years of it vice 6 months would teach me that much more about what junior enlisted go through.

Incidentally, LT's acting like PFC's is hard on the junior enlisted at Quantico who see this shit, especially the ones for whom that's their first duty station. It erodes their respect and confidence in officers and a lot of them end up getting out. The more seasoned Marines understand that experiencewise, we pretty much are PFC's at that point (at least the PFC has been promoted once), and are there to get mentored into a product fit for the fleet, and take pride in developing their future leaders.

Priors know more about how things work in the Marine Corps, and most of them were good NCO's (though there's a lot of priors who weren't NCO's). But while the leadership principles remain the same, NCO's and officers fill different roles, and the priors that have trouble adjusting are the ones that still act like NCO's (or worse, like PFC's). You can learn a lot from an enlisted stint, but you can also learn the wrong lessons. Besides, a boot LT at his first unit is still considered in training, and it's incumbent on his first SNCO to continue to develop that LT. I'm very thankful as a winger to have worked a stash job where I had two great SSgt's mentor me, even though I won't have Marines again for a few more years (flight school and all getting in the way)

I considered enlisting first, but what it came down to for me was this: Would I be a better officer after 4 years as an enlisted Marine and one as an officer, with maybe half that time in a leadership role, or spending all five years as an officer and being developed as a leader and an officer the entire time?

Very good post.

Its interesting to hear it from the officer side of the house.  The best Marine I ever served with was a Naval academy grad.  No enlisted time in.  That said, I think we as enlisted, guard the title with more jelousy and passion than officers.  That is just how it seems to me.

And Im by no means salty  all that shit happened to me in boot in 2003.
Link Posted: 1/27/2008 2:11:22 AM EDT
[#37]
Probably the greatest Marine officer I ever met started out at a private. He was battlefield promoted several times, has a medal of honor and retired as a full Colonel.

Colonel Paige

This is not meant as a hyjack in any way. I had not seen this Colonel since 2000 and was saddened to see in looking him up that he died in 2003. He was a great man and I am proud to have met him.
Link Posted: 1/27/2008 3:42:50 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
They are in Georgia!

If you're buying your own, you're probably not supposed to be wearing it.  

I got a check for $45,000 for uniforms for ~120 cadets.  That was back in '99 when I was the uniform commutations officer, WSU AFROTC.  And the two years before that, I was the supply officer at my NJROTC unit, I think we got ~$30,000 for uniforms for 100-120 cadets.

New cadets were issued ALL required uniforms.  If they lost something or damaged it... I let them borrow one until they got a replacment, if I had something in stock.  Flight suits and jackets were issued if you got selected for certain summer training and only authorized to be worn at said training.

Cadets upon commisioning were given the option to buy their uniforms from the ROTC unit (which were already tailored).  OR they could turn them in and buy new ones from AAFES.   Turned in items were inspected and either cleaned and reissued, cleaned and donated to a JROTC, or destroyed.

FYI, Officers don't get a uniform allowance.
Link Posted: 1/27/2008 3:59:45 AM EDT
[#39]
Does the word "cammies" sound faggish to anyone else?

Mike
Link Posted: 1/27/2008 5:24:56 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

So what do they wear in boot camp?
Link Posted: 1/27/2008 7:25:13 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Very good post.

Its interesting to hear it from the officer side of the house.  The best Marine I ever served with was a Naval academy grad.  No enlisted time in.  That said, I think we as enlisted, guard the title with more jelousy and passion than officers.  That is just how it seems to me.

And Im by no means salty  all that shit happened to me in boot in 2003.

Eh, saltier than me . Like the first Marine said to the second.....Back in my day, the old Corps....

I hear ya on how the title is held differently. There's a mixed history of having an EGA ceremony at OCS (sometimes happens and sometimes doesn't), and it's certainly not the big deal it is at boot camp. I was a bit underwhelmed upon graduation and commissioning. Great, I made it.......now what? It wasn't until I stood before Marines in my charge that I felt like I'd become an officer of Marines, and they say you haven't really made it until your Marines start referring to you as "my LT" as opposed to "the LT".
Link Posted: 1/27/2008 9:13:48 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
FAIL.

You're not a Marine.
You're a college student who is becoming a Marine officer. If you do become a Marine, then .gov will give you more cammie than you want- I'm looking at 10 pairs in my closet right now, and I have another 15 pairs back in the states.

Might start my own surplus store when I ETS.....

Where did I say I was?
Link Posted: 1/27/2008 9:24:46 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

All officers have to pay for their uniforms, they don't get issued jack, its issued but its taken outta their paychecks.

Correct, we graduate wearing Navy uniforms with Eagle, Globe, and Anchors on them (And MARPAT).

The Navy guys can re-use their khakis and parts of their SDBs.

Quoted:
Quoted:

So what do they wear in boot camp?

Woodland cammies from the 80s (BDUs). When you get through indoc, you get the same woodland with an Eagle, Globe, and Anchor under your pocket and on your cover if you are Marine option.

You have the option to purchase your own MARPAT. The MECEPs wear their MARPAT. There is no uniform allowance.
Link Posted: 1/27/2008 9:28:15 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
Squids buy a Digi cover without the EGA.  they could buy them instead.  I think alll recruits/canidates should wear the old cammies.  Upon graduation/commision, they get the Digi Cammies and the right to wear the EGA.

We have covers without EGAs because we wear our rank on our covers.

I have the EGA on my blouse and my boots.

I also have a few EGA covers in case I can't find the proper rank insignia.
Link Posted: 1/27/2008 9:45:35 AM EDT
[#45]
Can we stop talking about bootcamp and OCS please? And any officer who thinks his time at TBS is anything like being a PFC in the fleet is out of his mind. Officers are babied from day one. They are protected from the violence by their NCO's. For the officers on here, what exactly do you think takes place once you walk out of the room? You think everyone gets together and holds hands? Marine officers are some of the most naieve people I have ever met. I remember being a young PFC sawgunner. I remember when I fucked something up, as soon as the officer got two steps around the corner, I had all three teamleaders beat my ass. I remember that being a daily thing. Until I became a teamleader and beat the next pfc's ass. Then I became a Sgt and slapped the squadleaders around.
Officers don't go through this. Officers don't lay in bed sweating the next day at work. I've never had respect for an officer if he didn't have enlisted time. And everyone else in the grunts feels the same way.
Link Posted: 1/27/2008 9:47:03 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
At a gunshow today,  

Um, was this guy a Navy SEAL? Sounds like he could have been a SEAL in WWI.
This is why i dont go to gun shows.
Link Posted: 1/27/2008 10:16:10 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
Can we stop talking about bootcamp and OCS please? And any officer who thinks his time at TBS is anything like being a PFC in the fleet is out of his mind. Officers are babied from day one. They are protected from the violence by their NCO's. For the officers on here, what exactly do you think takes place once you walk out of the room? You think everyone gets together and holds hands? Marine officers are some of the most naieve people I have ever met. I remember being a young PFC sawgunner. I remember when I fucked something up, as soon as the officer got two steps around the corner, I had all three teamleaders beat my ass. I remember that being a daily thing. Until I became a teamleader and beat the next pfc's ass. Then I became a Sgt and slapped the squadleaders around.
Officers don't go through this. Officers don't lay in bed sweating the next day at work. I've never had respect for an officer if he didn't have enlisted time. And everyone else in the grunts feels the same way.

So a good officer is one who slaps around his Platoon Sergeant? This is exactly what I'm talking about with regard to learning the wrong lessons. Physical abuse aside, it's not the role of the officer to enforce discipline - we know there's a time to leave the room and let the SNCO's and NCO's handle it.

Remember that grunt culture is different from the rest of the Marine Corps and has a greater tolerance for that sort of thing. I won't claim to know the 03 field firsthand - I'm not an 0302, I'm a winger. How long ago were you in? There's been a big push in recent years to stamp out hazing and it's a very different Corps than even a few years ago - I know more than one SNCO who's at terminal rank because they put their hands on a junior Marine. I never said TBS was like being a junior enlisted in the fleet - but there's enough similarities for instructional purposes.
Link Posted: 1/27/2008 10:51:55 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Well back around that time (90-95), utes with no blouse top, or utes + gray sweatshirt = "PT gear"
Link Posted: 1/27/2008 10:54:25 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
First I heard.  Currently we are ordered to wear our deserts during the summer months and our greens durning the winter months. Came from HQ Marine Corp last summer.

We have a few folks from USMC in our office area. They were all wearing the desert MARPAT during summer and switched to green MARPAT right before winter started.
Link Posted: 1/27/2008 10:56:15 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
At a gunshow today...

I stopped reading right about there.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top