Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 4/23/2008 5:08:12 AM EDT
Does anyone remember the name of the company who put out some really badass guns around the mid 80's?

If I recall the box was blue w/ a yellow insert and the guns were exposed, not covered by clear plastic, and were held in place by a red oval plastic thing through the trigger guard. They were done real well and looked real. They had the clip style cap holder and took strip caps. On the back of the box if I remember they had other products including their other guns and rifles.

Anyone?
Link Posted: 4/23/2008 5:09:52 AM EDT
[#1]
It was a Italian company I think.
Link Posted: 4/23/2008 5:10:56 AM EDT
[#2]
couldnt tell ya, but toy guns in the 80s kicked ass.  Practicly every toy I had as a kid was a gun.
Link Posted: 4/23/2008 5:13:55 AM EDT
[#3]
I had a 1911 like that.  It was sweet.  All metal.  Heavy.
Link Posted: 4/23/2008 5:16:39 AM EDT
[#4]
I believe the company was EDISON

Great toy guns

found them: www.edisongiocattoli.it/index.php?index
Link Posted: 4/23/2008 5:23:10 AM EDT
[#5]
Beat me to the link.
http://www.edisongiocattoli.it/index.php?index
Link Posted: 4/23/2008 5:23:47 AM EDT
[#6]
I had 4 or 5 of those guns.  They were great and pretty realistic.  Everytime you fired a cap, the next trigger pull would cut and eject the spent cap and load the next one.  Unfortunately my mom threw them away .
Link Posted: 4/23/2008 5:25:38 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/23/2008 5:26:32 AM EDT
[#8]
Yes, Edison, and I think they are still made.
Clip fed cap guns?
The Glock "NY Trigger" brought me flashbacks of them.
I had about 4 or 5 diffrent models.
The "Lion", sort of a Luger/Lahti with a "suppressor".
A Makarov/PP thing, I must have had 4 of this model alone.
A Beretta .22 target clone.
And an Uzi/TMP clone.
Some of the best toy guns ever produced.

I still want to find one of the black, cheapo Valmet toy guns.
Yes, toy Valmets. Orginally sold as "Man From Uncle" but marketed under other names.
I had 2, and not at the same time.
Also had a MFU P-38k mit bellz undt vhistles.
If I'd only know how much that bitch would be worth in the package someday.
Link Posted: 4/23/2008 5:29:09 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I had 4 or 5 of those guns.  They were great and pretty realistic.  Everytime you fired a cap, the next trigger pull would cut and eject the spent cap and load the next one.  Unfortunately my mom threw them away .

I brought one to school to show a friend back in the mid 80's.

Somehow, the magazine fell out during lunch and when I ran back afterwards to find it, a security guard saw me put it back in the magwell and almost had a heart attack.

The cops came, confiscated it, and I got suspended for 5 days

Luckily I didn't get in a lot of trouble at home.
Link Posted: 4/23/2008 5:51:46 AM EDT
[#10]
My mom dumped some of my stuff on me the other day. I came across this collection:

I had several more, including a micro UZI, 1911 and an M16, but unfortunately, they were casualties if the neighborhood wars. I had several waterguns painted strange colors, but most were realistic looking - they were even lacking the orange tip.

IIRC, Laramie or something made some cool toy guns.
Link Posted: 4/23/2008 5:59:31 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
www.bbguns.co.uk/l.aspx?k=15210

I have the black one of those but cant remember if same company. I'll have to look. No longer works but at least its not clear Think I got that because it was similar to Jack Burtons in Big Trouble in Little China
Link Posted: 4/23/2008 6:06:35 AM EDT
[#12]
I had a silver AR and 1911 that took the stripper caps.  I remember the caps were hard as hell to find.  (Most stores that sold the guns didn't carry the right caps.)

The powder in the caps are so corrosive I remember the guns only worked right for a day or two before they became so corroded the ejector blade was no longer sharp enough to shear off the spent cap, which resulted in a light primer strike and no pow on the next live one.  So it would be pow, click, click, click, pow, click, click, click.  Eventually all clicks.

But when it worked, you couldn't beat it.  It was cool the way it ejected the spent caps like empty casings.
Link Posted: 4/23/2008 6:11:41 AM EDT
[#13]

I had one of these.

Link Posted: 4/23/2008 6:14:48 AM EDT
[#14]
I had several M16's, an awsome UZI, and an A-team AK47 --thats what it said.
Link Posted: 4/23/2008 6:20:35 AM EDT
[#15]
I still have one of them. I kept it around as a training aid. People are always wanting me to teach them to shoot and I’m somewhat anal about not using real firearms for some kinds of training. (For example: teaching people how to hold a pistol so the bad guy can’t take it away from them.)
Link Posted: 4/23/2008 6:23:41 AM EDT
[#16]
Yup.   I enjoyed the edison cap pistols.   They never lasted though, because the chlorate and glass based cap mixes were so corrosive.

Link Posted: 4/23/2008 6:24:46 AM EDT
[#17]
I had a squirt gun that looked pretty realistic, but my mom was scared someone would think it was a real gun and threw it out. It "gave her a bad feeling".

My only other 1980's toy gun is Megatron.
Link Posted: 4/23/2008 6:32:17 AM EDT
[#18]
i used to have a 92fs that used strip caps damn thing had horrendus trigger pull caused all kinds of blisters.
Link Posted: 4/23/2008 6:34:44 AM EDT
[#19]
I guess I missed out on the good shit growing up in the 90s. But, my dad would make me some awesome guns out of wood. Perfectly to scale, etc.

I wish I still had them, they were pretty cool.
Link Posted: 4/23/2008 1:04:15 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
I had a silver AR and 1911 that took the stripper caps.  I remember the caps were hard as hell to find.  (Most stores that sold the guns didn't carry the right caps.)

The powder in the caps are so corrosive I remember the guns only worked right for a day or two before they became so corroded the ejector blade was no longer sharp enough to shear off the spent cap, which resulted in a light primer strike and no pow on the next live one.  So it would be pow, click, click, click, pow, click, click, click.  Eventually all clicks.

But when it worked, you couldn't beat it.  It was cool the way it ejected the spent caps like empty casings.

Yep had one of those AR's too.
Link Posted: 4/23/2008 1:07:15 PM EDT
[#21]
I'm not calling it a dupe but here is a previous post about toy guns

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=663939
Link Posted: 4/23/2008 1:12:40 PM EDT
[#22]
CajunBoy got it- Laramie was realistic. Edison and Entertech were also badass.  I had a big bulky Uzi cap pistol that took like 4 AA and would just rip a roll of caps in seconds.  While we did have some cool toy guns in the 80s I think kids today got it fuckin made with airsoft and other similar stuff.  
Link Posted: 4/23/2008 1:14:25 PM EDT
[#23]
Matel?
Link Posted: 4/23/2008 1:20:39 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Matel?

Those were Vietnam Era Toy Guns..  
Link Posted: 4/23/2008 1:23:31 PM EDT
[#25]
I just want a few of the old late 70s M16s that made the ratatatat sound, the new ones are made with ship plastic.
Link Posted: 4/23/2008 1:25:27 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
i183.photobucket.com/albums/x35/ajinjax/album1079.jpg

I had one of these.

And in true A team fashion you couldn hit shit with it right
Link Posted: 4/23/2008 1:27:09 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

I had one of these.

man, you just brought back some great memories!  Thanks
Link Posted: 4/23/2008 1:27:42 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
i183.photobucket.com/albums/x35/ajinjax/album1079.jpg

I had one of these.

OMG I did too.  Hadn't thought of that in years.
Link Posted: 4/23/2008 1:30:27 PM EDT
[#29]
I had this bad-ass AK47, full size with no ghey red tip. Man I miss the 80's. I miss being a wild mountain boy... Lord have mercy on me.
Link Posted: 4/23/2008 1:31:53 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 4/23/2008 1:35:18 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
Edison.

My personal favorite was the Matic 45.

i27.tinypic.com/jj0nr8.gif

i25.tinypic.com/65d55e.gif

I had that one too, and a Webley revolver cap gun that took the disc caps.
Link Posted: 4/23/2008 1:41:41 PM EDT
[#32]
I like this...

Ahhhh...googling the good ole days

But my mom bought me this...
Link Posted: 4/23/2008 1:44:51 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
I had this bad-ass AK47, full size with no ghey red tip. Man I miss the 80's. I miss being a wild mountain boy... Lord have mercy on me.

I think I had the same one. Brown plastic for the stock and handguards and the rest was black? I had to keep super-gluing the stock and barrel back on as they kept breaking off.

I also added an empty paper towel roll to it as a grenade launcher, and taped a mini-mag light on it (before the days of surefire and others). Eventually added a fake muzzle break and fake bakelite mag to make it into a fake AK74.

That was my favorite, but I also had a full size green 1911, and a green SP1 AR15 that I liked a lot. Those guns just made noise, but I remember I had some realistic looking battery powered water guns. One was a Tec-9, another was a CAR15.
Link Posted: 4/23/2008 1:48:26 PM EDT
[#34]
there was a company called larami, those were the one i collected i love my GI 1911 carried it everywhere
Link Posted: 4/23/2008 1:51:03 PM EDT
[#35]
My first belt fed.

Link Posted: 4/23/2008 1:51:17 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I think I had the same one. Brown plastic for the stock and handguards and the rest was black? I had to keep super-gluing the stock and barrel back on as they kept breaking off.

That was it. I did the paper towel thing, except mine was a Night Vision Scope. It said so on the side...
Link Posted: 4/23/2008 1:53:34 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
My mom dumped some of my stuff on me the other day. I came across this collection:

render1.snapfish.com/render2/is=Yup6aQQ%7C%3Dup6RKKt%3AxxrKUp7BHD7KPfrj%3DQofrj7t%3DzrRfDUX%3AeQaQxg%3Dr%3F87KR6xqpxQQPJxJeex0Gnxv8uOc5xQQQoaPeaoollQqpfVtB%3F*KUp7BHSHqqy7XH6gXP0G%7CRup6lQQ%7C/of=50,590,442

I had several more, including a micro UZI, 1911 and an M16, but unfortunately, they were casualties if the neighborhood wars. I had several waterguns painted strange colors, but most were realistic looking - they were even lacking the orange tip.

IIRC, Laramie or something made some cool toy guns.

Ah yes memories.  Loved them waterguns.  We used water ballons for granades or sometimes substituted eggs for a "biological effect."  Those were the days........
Link Posted: 4/23/2008 1:55:06 PM EDT
[#38]
Back around 1976 my older brother had a plastic MG-42. It had a plastic belt that it ran through when you fired it. That was the best toy gun ever!
Link Posted: 4/23/2008 1:56:48 PM EDT
[#39]
height=8
Quoted:
there was a company called larami, those were the one i collected i love my GI 1911 carried it everywhere

I was just trying to think of that company. I had quite a few of their cap guns as a kid: MAC-11, Tec-9, two Berettas(one was clear), a couple of wildly painted MP5SDs, and a few others.
Link Posted: 4/23/2008 1:58:39 PM EDT
[#40]
I had a toy M9 that the slide cycled when you pulled the trigger and if you pulled the slide back it would make cocking sounds. I also had a matching AR-10. Both were desert camo.
Link Posted: 4/23/2008 1:59:50 PM EDT
[#41]
Toy Guns

This site is great for toy guns, and in their About Us section they make mention of the lack of quality toy guns available, and the importance of toy gun play etc. As soon as my boy (he's 9 months old now) is bigger, i'm getting his toys from these guys.

Of course Texas would be the state to save the toy gun market
Link Posted: 4/23/2008 2:06:18 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
I had a toy M9 that the slide cycled when you pulled the trigger and if you pulled the slide back it would make cocking sounds. I also had a matching AR-10. Both were desert camo.

Hah. They came out around Desert Storm, right? I had those and the desert camo C96 w/detachable magazine that was for some reason in that series. The M9 was my favorite toy gun until a "friend" decided to urinate on it when I was seven or eight.

Link Posted: 4/23/2008 2:06:27 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 4/24/2008 6:07:20 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hah. They came out around Desert Storm, right? I had those and the desert camo C96 w/detachable magazine that was for some reason in that series. The M9 was my favorite toy gun until a "friend" decided to urinate on it when I was seven or eight.

I had the same gun.
also had a desert camo m16 that had a working selector switch thats how you would change the effects from semi,burst and auto.
Link Posted: 4/24/2008 7:02:49 AM EDT
[#45]
Being a gun nut at a early age i had many many different guns. I had rubber band guns, cap guns of all makes and models, squirt guns, dart guns, nerf guns, sling shots, bb guns if it was even shaped liked i had it or wanted it lol. Its a no wonder i didnt start buying real guns much sooner bought my first when i was 21....
Link Posted: 4/24/2008 7:20:16 AM EDT
[#46]
Edisons were the best, as most revolver models the grips would come off allowing your female companion a grip more suitable to small hands. For the revolvers there was a disk cap where you had 12 shots, flipped the disk and you had 12 more.

Know for the autos you could link the strip caps and in a gun like the matic keed laying down fire. Other autos where you were limited to say 2 strips of caps had a little blade that would cut the cap as you pulled the trigger giving a spent shell effect.

Many versions had suppressors that fit on the end of the barrel and there had to be at least 60 different types of guns made.

some of the names I remember:
jagurmatic
bison
carolina

The jagurmatic was the 45 lama looking one, I left that on top of the spa heater while swimming, it was the first plastic gun I lost.
Link Posted: 4/24/2008 7:24:20 AM EDT
[#47]
I did have a few Edison guns (including a hunting rifle that I kept for quite some time), but my favorites were the M1911A1 and M16A1 'rubber ducks' my dad gave me after they cleaned out the supply room at his FA battery on Ft. Sill.

I can't remember what happened to them, but I wish I still had them.

-Mark
Link Posted: 4/24/2008 9:19:16 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
i used to have a 92fs that used strip caps damn thing had horrendus trigger pull caused all kinds of blisters.

was it orange and black with a magazine? I had the same one. Built by the Imperial Toy Company
Link Posted: 4/24/2008 9:29:52 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

had that one.  and also some kind of walther ppk or .380 cap gun with brown grips.  some guy at a gunshow just gave it to me when i was like 7yo

also had the uzi pictured earlier.  the barrel broke off so it became a sbr

bro had the micro uzi

also had a rubberband mini-gun my grandpa made for me
Link Posted: 4/24/2008 10:31:55 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

was it orange and black with a magazine? I had the same one. Built by the Imperial Toy Company

yeah it had a magazine but irc mine was all black
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top