Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/2/2009 4:43:12 PM EDT
Will the optic from a G36 mount on a flat-top AR?
Link Posted: 1/2/2009 4:47:10 PM EDT
[#1]

The normal G36 optics are internal to the G36 carry handles.

KSK and others have been known to bolt on rails for EOTechs and other optics (generally on 'E' model carry handles), but that's about it.

Oh, and the G36C has a standard rail, but its just a rail, no optics.
Link Posted: 1/2/2009 4:49:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

The normal G36 optics are internal to the G36 carry handles.

KSK and others have been known to bolt on rails for EOTechs and other optics (generally on 'E' model carry handles), but that's about it.

Oh, and the G36C has a standard rail, but its just a rail, no optics.

Yeah, the carry handles are removable though. You could take the rail off a G36C, and mount a carry-handle optic to it (fucking sexy BTW ). Im just wondering if the optic will mount onto an AR?
Link Posted: 1/2/2009 4:51:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Actually have been thinking about doing this with my SBR by building two rail mounts that match up to the bolt holes on the G36 rig.  Been waiting to see a dual optic one at the right price.
Link Posted: 1/2/2009 4:52:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Actually have been thinking about doing this with my SBR by building two rail mounts that match up to the bolt holes on the G36 rig.  Been waiting to see a dual optic one at the right price.

Mounting a G36 carry handle is one thing, but it appears that the OP is wanting to rip the optics out of the carry handle and somehow mount them - by themselves, sans carry handle - on a standard rail. This just boggles my mind.
Link Posted: 1/2/2009 4:54:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Exactly! Ive been trying to find any possible pics of such a creature but I havent had any luck, so I wondered if it would even fit. 7.5" SBR with a flat-top and a G36 optic would be sweet.
Link Posted: 1/2/2009 4:54:48 PM EDT
[#6]
The standard G36 optics suck IMO but YMMV....
Link Posted: 1/2/2009 4:55:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Mounting a G36 carry handle is one thing, but it appears that the OP is wanting to rip the optics out of the carry handle and somehow mount them - by themselves, sans carry handle - on a standard rail. This just boggles my mind.

If that's the case, I've seen them for sale in the EE at least once, with a picatinny rail base on them.  Guy wanted $500 or so I believe.  IIRC he said it was from an LE requested demo but there are not many around.
Link Posted: 1/2/2009 4:55:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, I am talking about the whole carry handle. Not just the optic.
Link Posted: 1/2/2009 4:56:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Exactly! Ive been trying to find any possible pics of such a creature but I havent had any luck, so I wondered if it would even fit. 7.5" SBR with a flat-top and a G36 optic would be sweet.

So you want a G36 carry handle mounted, and not G36 optics (sans carry handle). That makes more sense.
Link Posted: 1/2/2009 4:57:57 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So you want a G36 carry handle mounted, and not G36 optics (sans carry handle). That makes more sense.

God-damnit! The carry handle is the optic, the optic is the carry handle. One in the same. I want the carry handle/optic from a G36, on my AR.

Am I the one thats confused, or is it you?
Link Posted: 1/2/2009 5:01:07 PM EDT
[#11]
I've thought about photoshopping one onto my 7.5" just to get an idea what it would look like, but making mounts for it wouldn't be to tough.  It's just a lot of money for an optic that's useless to me otherwise if I don't like it.
Link Posted: 1/2/2009 5:03:33 PM EDT
[#12]
Both the red dot sight and magnified optic suck, I don't want it on my G36 clone, sure as hell don't want it on my AR.

This is the way to go.
Link Posted: 1/2/2009 5:03:40 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
God-damnit! The carry handle is the optic, the optic is the carry handle. One in the same. I want the carry handle/optic from a G36, on my AR.

Your original post just says "G36 optic". Anyone who posts a technical question in GD I assume lacks knowledge of some aspect of their question, or they would be asking in the tech forums instead of GD.

Also, I don't know about the rest of you, but I don't ever refer to any sighting apparatus by what it's contained in. They are distinct, even though they are treated as one unit operationally. Example - an AR carry handle. I'm not going to ask "how do I adjust my carry handle" any more than I would ask "how do I attach my A2 sight"?

You don't mount the optic, you mount the carry handle. It just so happens that the optic is within the carry handle.
Link Posted: 1/2/2009 5:05:04 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Both the red dot sight and magnified optic suck, I don't want it on my G36 clone, sure as hell don't want it on my AR.

I had always heard that the red-dot was total shit, but that the magnified optic was acceptable. Not stellar, but not super-shitty like the red-dot. It wouldn't suprise me at all if both turned out to be shit. Of course, I have no direct experience myself - just relating what I had heard repeatedly.
Link Posted: 1/2/2009 5:05:19 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Ok, then I'll just shovel that little project onto the back back burner and file under "If I get a G36 optic for free try this."
Link Posted: 1/2/2009 5:06:13 PM EDT
[#16]
I think someone here on ARFCOM already mounted G36 optics on an M4.

I know I've seen pictures of it somewhere.
Link Posted: 1/2/2009 5:06:24 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Your original post just says "G36 optic". Anyone who posts a technical question in GD I assume lacks knowledge of some aspect of their question, or they would be asking in the tech forums instead of GD.

Also, I don't know about the rest of you, but I don't ever refer to any sighting apparatus by what it's contained in. They are distinct, even though they are treated as one unit operationally. Example - an AR carry handle. I'm not going to ask "how do I adjust my carry handle" any more than I would ask "how do I attach my A2 sight"?

You don't mount the optic, you mount the carry handle. It just so happens that the optic is within the carry handle.

Well knowing that the optic is integral to the carry handle, one would assume I mean the whole unit, not ripping the fucking optic out of the mount [>:/] Trying to be difficult or what?
Link Posted: 1/2/2009 5:12:48 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ok, then I'll just shovel that little project onto the back back burner and file under "If I get a G36 optic for free try this."

I was thinking about getting the red dot/scope/carry handle, but only because I sort of like the stock G36 look.  The magnified optic has poor FOV and way too cluttered.

This setup has been done on the ARs for many years now, in the form of a mini red dot perched on top of an ACOG's ocular piece  The high mounted mini red dot is much maligned for its poor cheek weld and putting the user's head too high, but individually, the 4x32 ACOG is probably the best 4X scope ever made, and the red dot is usable.  A Mircro T1 would have been the ticket, LaRue has a mount for mounting it in conjunction with an ACOG.

This TA31F with a red dot sight and Trijicon's wing mount is for the AR of course, I put it on a G36 clone.  It's too high to obtain a good cheek weld, maybe with a cheek piece on the HK's stock would mitigate this a bit.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top