BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 397
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 8:02:45 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By bowhuntr09:
I use my regular doc, writes script, get 10ml of 200mg/ml Test from Walgereens using GoodRx for about $40 a refill. Based on typical dosage thats 10 weeks worth. So about $17 a month / $208 a year.
View Quote
Same for me. Walgreens is the cheapest I've been able to find.
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 12:28:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Well, my initial consult just hit the wall really fast. I was told that NH is one of a handful of states where they can’t prescribe controlled substances, including testosterone, through telemedicine. Not sure if that means I’m screwed for using Good Rx as well. Off to do research.
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 7:43:04 PM EDT
[#3]
My 10 week plan, it is enroute:

-Testosterone - 200mg a week
-Enclomiphene (Oral) - 25mg 2x a week
-Anastrozole (Oral) - .5mg 2x a week
-DHEA (Oral) 25mg
-D3+K2 (Oral)
-Syringes/ Needles/ Sharp box

Should start it 3 days.
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 10:03:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By ZitiForBreakfast:

-Testosterone - 200mg a week High to start
-Enclomiphene (Oral) - 25mg 2x a week no need when taking test.  waste of money
-Anastrozole (Oral) - .5mg 2x a week not needed when on trt
-DHEA (Oral) 25mg  
-D3+K2 (Oral)

Should start it 3 days.
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/20/2024 10:09:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By ak4784:

@whiskerz

Auto injector for sure. The Union Medico one. I ordered one from Spark Hormone Therapy here in the US. It’s a handy little device. I have only used mine a few times now but it certainly helps remove a lot of potential human error and it’s just the push of a button to get a proper jab. You still have to push the plunger but that’s the easy part for me. I would highly recommend it for a newb like myself. There is a lot of info about these on YouTube and Reddit.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By whiskerz:
I get to join this mega thread. I don't have time to read 390 pages . I have been dragging lately and at the doc I had my testosterone checked it was low as was my vitiman D and iron was at the bottom of okay. I have vitaminD and testosterone with needles. I hate shots and insurance will not pay the doc to give a shot. What is the shot solution ?

@whiskerz

Auto injector for sure. The Union Medico one. I ordered one from Spark Hormone Therapy here in the US. It’s a handy little device. I have only used mine a few times now but it certainly helps remove a lot of potential human error and it’s just the push of a button to get a proper jab. You still have to push the plunger but that’s the easy part for me. I would highly recommend it for a newb like myself. There is a lot of info about these on YouTube and Reddit.

My short-term solution is to use a nurse I know to give the shots. She said she does them all the time  She is also big on rotating to a new muscle every other shot .right and left
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 10:13:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Fuchi] [#6]

-Testosterone - 200mg a week
-Enclomiphene (Oral) - 25mg 2x a week
-Anastrozole (Oral) - .5mg 2x a week
-DHEA (Oral) 25mg
-D3+K2 (Oral)

Should start it 3 days.
View Quote

200 MG a week, lol

Why the clomid which on top of the test means even more so you will need the anti e when your nipples get itchy. Hope your bmi is under 35 or its all gonna convert to estrogen.

Do teenagers need an anti e when their natural test is the highest it will ever be?

Then why would you need an anti e?

Why not start out at 75 or 100 MG a week with none of that other crap and just see how you feel?

I've been on trt for over 15 yrs. 100mg a week.

Your first year on it will always be your best yr.
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 10:22:52 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By TheRealSundance:

View All Quotes

-DHEA (Oral) 25mg  
-D3+K2 (Oral)

Should start it 3 days.

This.
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 2:17:59 PM EDT
[#8]

View All Quotes

-DHEA (Oral) 25mg  
-D3+K2 (Oral)

Should start it 3 days.

I disagree on the Anastrozole, though I would not take that high of a dose.  I take 0.125 mg 1-2 times a week and slowly tapering off as my body adjusts to TRT.  Mostly just to keep acne under control and when I notice I'm dragging.  It really helps me feel better within hours.  

DHEA puts me to sleep, I don't like it.

Link Posted: 3/21/2024 3:44:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 3:51:25 PM EDT
[#10]
@TheRadBaron

I am interested in the Ventrogluteal. I see it mentioned a lot. I am just not 100% sure I can find it LOL. Tomorrow I will spend some time trying the technique you mentioned. I am on about week 3 of TRT so still a noob.

Question. Any of you guys ever miss a shot day? if so, what is your protocol for that?

Also, anyone ever fly with their TRT meds/supplies? I have a flight coming up and am very curious about this. I am not checking a bag, just a carry on backpack.
View Quote
@ak4784 did you end up finding a good ventro site?  I watched a few injection videos on it a few months back (cute nurses doing demos) and I think I pretty much have the right spot.  You'll notice it's the muscle that pops out when you lay on your side on the bed and slowly lift your slightly bent leg straight up and down.  

It sure is easier for someone else to find the "landmark" they point out.  I'll have to ask some nurse friends to spotcheck me one of these days ;)
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 3:52:56 PM EDT
[#11]

Order 27 gauge insulin needles,  draw and pin in ventroglutes or delts.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By crashburnrepeat:
Originally Posted By TheRadBaron:
Originally Posted By Chromekilla:

Try it before you knock it.  You can grab a section of fat (I've got thick thighs so it works )

However make sure you leg is straight/rested and go in at a slight angle. I can tell when I get the placement semi off and the needle is resting on the muscle or going slight IM instead of subq.

Ah, I'm doing IM rather than sub q.  The complaints I've heard are related to IM specifically.  I can see how it would be convenient for sub q, depending on how you're built.

I feel you man. you have never met a bigger bitch about needles than me. I have fainted giving blood before.   I can't STAND needles.  

here's how I learned to do this and it's not a big deal.

1.  Draw with an 18G needle, then switch to a 25G needle. I get 18G needles from the doc/amazon on top of the normal 25. G needles. I Keep an 18G needle with my testosterone and I use it for several draws.  Doc said this is fine as the T has alchohol in it. I have never had a problem. Open 25G syringe, remove needle, put 18G on. Sterilize top of T, insert, draw, replace cap on 18G, remove it, replace wtih 25G needle.

2. Chose location site. I have huge thighs, so I have the meat for it, but a year ago I switched to hip. it's harder physically cause I have to reach way back to my upper butt cheek, but i rarely have issues like bleeding or other problems.

3. Sterilize chosen site. I use a cotton ball and soak with alcohol and I sterilize a huge area on my general zone. Either top of thigh or top of ass cheek. Really hose it down, just in case.

4. gently pick site by "testing".  What I do is I very gently move the needle around till I find a dead zone. If you touch your skin you'll find areas that you feel IMMEDIATELY, avoid those, and other areas that you can't feel or can barely feel. I move the needle around till I find a dead spot. Once i find somewhere that doesn't hurt, push the needle in, but I don't plunge it in, I push it in SLOWLY. I find if I plunge it in, I get pain, hit nerves.  If I just apply gentle pressure, it will just slowly sink in with very little pain. If you get a lot of pain, back it out and find another spot. i also find a very gentle motion of the needle helps it cut in. just wiggle the syringe a little and it will cut its way in.

5. Mistakes; if you have to reset more then 2 or 3 times, you'll notice the needle gets dull, just pull the needle and put a new one on to the existing syringe.  try again. I rarely have to probe more then 2-3 places before i find somewhere where it goes in and i barely feel it. Sometimes I can't feel it. I think there are gaps between nerves and if you can find a gap, there's hardly any pain.

6. Inject, but slowly. The T is thick so squeeze it in, but take breaks. it takes me 30 seconds to get it all in there (1ml a week for me. If it's 1/2mil you might take 10 seconds to get it in there). After injecting, leave the needle in for a couple seconds. If you pull it immediately, some of the T will come back out the hole.   after a few seconds, withdraw and wipe the area with the alcohol cotton ball.  You are finished.

Tips:
- Draw with 18G, inject with 25
- Reuse 18G draw needle if you want. I have used the same one for months before.  It only ever goes in the bottle of T
- If T is thick, put in bowl of warm water or in your pocket for a while to heat it up. I stopped doing this a long time ago but it does help thin it out
- probe different areas and find a dead zone, insert and inject slowly
- top of thigh or top of butt cheek. But cheek is harder but less pain. You are kinda doing it blind unless you are very flexible.

Order 27 gauge insulin needles,  draw and pin in ventroglutes or delts.

This right here.  27g perfect for the delts and ventros.  And good for pushing the TRT oils.  Now some carrier oils are thicker than others, but I've found 27g to be the easiest to push of all of the types. 29g doable with the lighter oils like mct.
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 4:03:01 PM EDT
[#12]
I have been seeing a lot of advertisements for oral testosterone. What's the deal with this stuff?
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 4:16:15 PM EDT
[#13]
@xenophon21

Not yet, I really havent had much time this last week. Been super busy. Maybe tonight I will do some hunting for videos on YT showing the right spot.
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 12:27:03 AM EDT
[Last Edit: m00ler03] [#14]
Update on my issue.  

I thought my erectile dysfunction issue was low testosterone. It turns out my erectile dysfunction was because of my blood pressure medicine I was on.

I stopped taking one of my pills (diuretic) and within 5 days I was getting strong erections and my libido was back. Unfortunately I had to start taking it again as my blood pressure was high. My erectile dysfunction has returned

I'm working with my doctor to get a different medication
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 12:13:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: detacbob] [#15]
Got the PCP to draw labs finally.  No energy, no motivation, no libido.

Total testosterone number came back at 368 ng/dl.  I'm 48yo.  We'll see what the doc says.....
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 1:48:08 PM EDT
[#16]
I tried the regular dr route and said to hell with it and went with trt nation
Link Posted: 3/24/2024 12:31:53 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By detacbob:
Got the PCP to draw labs finally.  No energy, no motivation, no libido.

Total testosterone number came back at 368 ng/dl.  I'm 48yo.  We'll see what the doc says.....
View Quote

Find a Dr that treats the symptoms not the numbers. Those are classic low T symptoms and are a great candidate for TRT.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 8:09:02 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 10:14:41 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By TOTHEMAX:
Well I called the pharmacy again and the guy ran it a different way and it was instantly approves.

First injection was last night. I am guessing it will be a few months before I really notice anything.

My watch did say I slept really well last night....
View Quote

You'll notice stuff sooner.  My libido hit pretty quick.

Link Posted: 3/31/2024 12:29:29 PM EDT
[#20]
Out of curiosity does anyone or has anyone gone the pellet route? Speaking with my doc he offered 3 different options and I thought the slow release pellets were a good option but just wanted to hear from others
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 4:17:36 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By voodochild:
Out of curiosity does anyone or has anyone gone the pellet route? Speaking with my doc he offered 3 different options and I thought the slow release pellets were a good option but just wanted to hear from others
View Quote

I have no personal experience with pellets but at least in this thread it’s almost universally considered a poor choice.  Seems like it mainly exists because some guys can’t/won’t do injections for whatever reason.

Go with self administered injections.  Simple, easy, inexpensive, easy to adjust dosage.
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 7:48:32 PM EDT
[#22]

I have no personal experience with pellets but at least in this thread it’s almost universally considered a poor choice.  Seems like it mainly exists because some guys can’t/won’t do injections for whatever reason.

Go with self administered injections.  Simple, easy, inexpensive, easy to adjust dosage.
View All Quotes

I have no issues with doing injections. I've also heard of but wasn't an option of the patches. So either shots, gel, or pellets. From what little I've researched the pellets have some potential nasty side effects.
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 7:56:24 PM EDT
[#23]

I have no issues with doing injections. I've also heard of but wasn't an option of the patches. So either shots, gel, or pellets. From what little I've researched the pellets have some potential nasty side effects.
View Quote
Shots are the best and easiest.  Pellets do not deliver a constant rate and are just a money maker for drs, cost pennies and they charge $100s.
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 9:13:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: corwin1968] [#24]

View Quote
I follow a very large TRT community on Facebook and Youtube and one of the main contributors is my TRT provider.  Their opinion is that injections or compounded cream are the only methods worth consideration.  And, there isn't consensus on the cream, but my Dr. is a big fan.  He recommends compounded because it can be made with a base cream that drastically increases absorption.  Unfortunately, it gave me baboon ass, when I tried it, so I'm back to injections.

Gels suck.  That's their opinion and my personal experience.  Basically a way for big pharma to get docs to prescribe a super expensive, still patented drug to millions of men, so they won't buy cheap, generic Testosterone Cypionate, which actually works much better for most men.
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 10:49:04 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 4/1/2024 6:47:37 AM EDT
[#26]
Just tossing general info out here....

Some people can't get passed the needles no matter what.
Needles suck. Period.
For those people, it would definitely be worth giving the gels/cream a try.
Not saying its going to work, but worth a try if not a fan of needles.
My wife's numbers made dramatic improvements with the gel/cream.

With regards to the process itself. It definitely takes time and can be frustrating.
I have tried two different Drs.
Both said based on numbers, I don't qualify for TRT.
Wasn't happy with Dr 1 recommendations and results.
Dr 2 suggested supplements which has helped, but not exactly where I want to be mostly with mental focus and performance.
Progress has been slow and after a few months now is thinking about TRT.
Dr 2 does seem to be chasing numbers a bit and also seems to be grasping at straws.
What I do like is we try something for a month or two, capture the bloodwork, analyze and try something different.

It is definitely a process and not a one size fits all.
Link Posted: 4/1/2024 7:39:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TheRealSundance] [#27]
If you are over weight a study says that losing 10% body weight will increase your test by 100 ng/dl, 15% up to 250 ng/dl.

Komatso study in Europe?   I think that's what they said.  Dr radio on sirius.
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 1:41:17 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Chromekilla] [#28]
The other part of losing body weight it typically coincides with picking heavy shit up and putting it down. The strenuous activity increases test.

For you dudes who hate needles, look I've been there.

Get yourself 31g, 5/16 long hcg syringes for hcg. Those are painless.

For test, get some larger syringes and backpin insulin syringes. I think I use 26 or 28 ga half inch long.  You don't want too thin or too long they bend. Fill/backpin with a larger syringes.

Inject into a gripl of fat on your body, I like top of thighs it's easy and basically painless and stress free.  I'm v subq is debatable, but honestly if it's between not doing it or doing it sub q, go that route.

I got tired of the muscle hurt from going im. Don't delay because of pain of needles, I used to be terrified of them due to a bad result as a poor kid at a health department getting shots. It's really not that bad.
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 4:09:14 AM EDT
[Last Edit: JThompson] [#29]

Get yourself 31g, 5/16 long hcg syringes for hcg. Those are painless.

View Quote

Currently using 30g needles for other injections and those still hurt.
And yes, those needles do flex easily. Will try 31g and see how much of a difference.
My wife uses 29g, but she just injects like its a walk in the park.
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 9:30:54 AM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By JThompson:

Currently using 30g needles for other injections and those still hurt.
And yes, those needles do flex easily. Will try 31g and see how much of a difference.
My wife uses 29g, but she just injects like its a walk in the park.
View Quote

Yeah give it a shot. Try what I suggested. Note there is a thing called an auto injector that I'm spikes, and puts it in quick as hell. I never tried one of those.

There are numerous people in this thread, including I who had needle phobia. I've more or less gotten over it, but have adjusted my methods to make it simple. So sadly suck it up butter cup, this is for your best health and for life so you may as well enjoy the ride.
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 9:56:59 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 10:21:00 AM EDT
[#32]
2nd shot was last night.

I noticed after each shot I slept super hard as in I was out. My watch said it was a quality deep sleep.
View Quote

This is one of the signs honestly.

Keep I'm mind for the first 3 months or so your natural test will be double stacked with exogenous test, so you get a lot.

Waking up well rested is a good sign.
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 10:51:43 AM EDT
[Last Edit: voodochild] [#33]
I'm going to reach out to my Doctor and change from the pellets to the shots. What gauge needles are y'all using and where are you getting them from?
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 12:20:14 PM EDT
[#34]
I'm going to reach out to my Doctor and change from the pellets to the shots. What gauge needles are y'all using and where are you getting them from?
View Quote

Posted above.

But I use vitality medical, allegro medical or Amazon which is the most cheapest honestly.

Only get BD brand needles ever,. The kind with the ultra fine tip for insulin syringes.
Bd is made in America and damn sharp.
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 12:44:09 PM EDT
[#35]
“Don’t fear the needle”

-Bro Toster Cult
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 12:49:01 PM EDT
[#36]
I’ve been taking shots for three years now. But my doc only prescribed testosterone (actually Xyosted). Can I add HCG or gonadorlin to my routine now, or has that ship sailed?
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 2:53:02 PM EDT
[#37]

Posted above.

But I use vitality medical, allegro medical or Amazon which is the most cheapest honestly.

Only get BD brand needles ever,. The kind with the ultra fine tip for insulin syringes.
Bd is made in America and damn sharp.
View Quote

Crazy Amazon will not deliver them to me. I guess I'll look elsewhere.
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 7:04:24 PM EDT
[#38]
View Quote

27 gauge  amazon

Amazon Product
  • Sharp Needle Syringe For Comfortable Injection: EasyTouch diabetic needles are made with surgical steel, film-coated, tri-bevel cut, and electro-polished to remove burrs, creating one of the sharpest insulin needles on the market, per STR Labs

Link Posted: 4/3/2024 7:24:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Fuchi] [#39]
View Quote

25g 1", get them from Amazon.

Ask your family doctor who uses insulin needles for an IM injection.

Link Posted: 4/3/2024 8:05:56 PM EDT
[#40]

27 gauge  amazon

www.amazon.com/dp/B081VV1PN3
View Quote

This.....27ga. Exactly what I use.
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 11:32:50 PM EDT
[#41]
You guys that are using 30g needles, how the hell are you able to push the test? I was using a 23g and it took forever to push!
My supplier dried up, so the search is back on for more test.
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 11:43:20 PM EDT
[#42]

Crazy Amazon will not deliver them to me. I guess I'll look elsewhere.
View Quote

I can relay to you if you can't find them at a good price. I just checked all my sources they were double price Amazon. Also try honest medical it's who shipped my recent order from Amazon
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 4:10:02 AM EDT
[#43]
2nd shot was last night.

I noticed after each shot I slept super hard as in I was out. My watch said it was a quality deep sleep.
View Quote

Is this only right after the shot or are you finding that once you started, every night you sleep better??
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 6:07:33 AM EDT
[#44]
I bought the BD needles I use to inject from Atlantic Medical Supply.  Syringes and cheap needles for drawing from the vial came from Amazon.  1mL syringes are small in diameter and that makes it a lot easier to push the test.  
I guess some states don’t allow OTC sales of syringes so that’s probably why Amazon won’t ship to some folks.  
I’m sure that’s prevented legions of citizens from becoming heroin addicts.
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 7:53:17 AM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By Onlyaspike:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Onlyaspike:

27 gauge  amazon

www.amazon.com/dp/B081VV1PN3

Been using these exact syringes for years.  I inject in the shoulder and >90% of the time, I don't even feel the needle.  I inject 3x weekly, so my amounts are relatively small, compared to someone who injects 1x weekly.
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 7:58:39 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 4/6/2024 8:59:23 AM EDT
[Last Edit: RNO] [#47]
"You guys that are using 30g needles, how the hell are you able to push the test? I was using a 23g and it took forever to push!
My supplier dried up, so the search is back on for more test."
View Quote

Warm the T first, then backfill a syringe and inject it.
I usually place the the donor syringe in the waist band of my underwear for several minutes to get it to temp.

MCT flows better than Grape Seed or Cotton Seed Oil so that might be why you are having the issue too.
Link Posted: 4/6/2024 1:58:28 PM EDT
[#48]
All my prescriptions have been written… very excited. Doc has me on Test C and HCG.

Question for those with experience - do you inject the T IM or subQ? Doc suggested HCG subQ and Test IM in the thigh. I have buddies in TRT who said do both subQ in the belly.

Also, doc said to inject T once a week and I’ve heard 2x/week is far better. That makes me question his injection site recs.

Anyways, any real life feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys and I am very excited to be able to work out and actually recover.
Link Posted: 4/6/2024 2:08:59 PM EDT
[#49]
I only use the T and I do it IM in the delt 2x weekly.  I didn't like subq belly, it left me sore and lumpy.
Link Posted: 4/6/2024 8:49:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Onlyaspike] [#50]
Same as above.....I use 27ga 1/2" for shallow I.M. injections into delts ( my favorite site). Ive also tried injecting into pecs with 27ga or 29ga....also used 25ga 5/8" I.M. injections into thighs ( painful for me) and glutes (not bad at all).  My favorite site is shallow I.M. into delts. Also, split your prescribed dose into 2 equal shots 2x a week .....much better than taking 1 big weekly shot.....test levels will be more consistent with less peaks and valleys....
Page / 397
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top