Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Posted: 2/23/2009 9:08:05 AM EDT
Not sure what to think about this?

Is their stuff that good?

http://www.fivesevenforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1044
Link Posted: 2/23/2009 2:55:11 AM EDT
[#1]
I have purchased elites ammo in the past i got 300 rounds of their penitrator ammo. Its good ammo, but the fact its reloaded ammo. I have it mostly for SHTF, and collection. I own a ps-90, and I got over 1000 rounds of 5.7 ammo in different types its a good cal., but it wasnt made to replace the 5.56. The round was made to be used in situations that the 9mm round couldnt reach, and I have no complaints about it. The ps-90 holds 50 rounds, and is all around good weapon. But it is not a M4. I love my Colt 6920. I am ex army I was trained on the M16a2, M9, and M4, and the M4 will always be my front line 1st choice. But having said that the ps-90 is a great weapon, because I am a left handed shooter. It is easy to clean, operate, and shoot. The down side is the price of ammo (but the ammo been the same price for years), so as ammo prices shoot up, the 5.7 ammo been the same. As far as elite having a black list I think it wasnt the best Idea to bad mouth customers in public and shot them being blacklisted, even more so for asking for a refund. Ryan from elite was always nice to me, and i would send me once fired brass for all types of calibers, and he would reload .223, 9mm, and 5.7, but this was when his company was brand new. I havent ordered anything in a long time from there. The main reason is I have a 11 year old Daughter who goes shooting with me, and I dont allow her to fire reloaded ammo. She loves to fire the ps-90, and it has little to no recoil. Its accurate, and over all a good rifle. Well just my 2 cents here fellas. I said my piece, and people who love the 5.56 round might not want to invest into a rifle that fires a shorter round. But remember firearms are a tool box, pick the firearm (tool) for the job. In a SHFT situation I would have my Colt 6920, and my Glock17 on me. For my daughter or a person who is not exp. with firearms I would give them my Ps-90, reason? The ps-90 is easy to use, accurate, low recoil, and has a 50 round mag. plus it is super light in weight fully loaded. The reason I would pick my 6920, is basic and simple. I would train on the m16. m4 platform in the army, and in a stressful situation muscle memory is key. Knowing the firearm, and be able to use it under pressure is key to living. Ok fellas thanks for reading.
Link Posted: 2/23/2009 3:42:28 AM EDT
[#2]
Gotta be honest...never heard of them.  Some say that even negative press is good press because it gets your name out, and this does just that.  But I would run dry on ammo before I would ever think about sending those freaks a penny.  I do know they have absolutely no business sense and if/when the current ammo situation normalizes they will fade away.

I wonder how many will set up phony emails just to screw with them some more on their forums?  (not to give anyone any ideas or anything)

Link Posted: 2/23/2009 6:43:31 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
You know Black-X, I have your info.

If they sold a caliber I cared about I just might have had to offer my non-NSA services.

yak

I have 101 super spechul boolits with your name on them not to!!!  I knew that lube would come back to haunt me one day........  

-X
Link Posted: 2/23/2009 6:59:12 AM EDT
[#4]
Adds another name to list of businesses not to buy from.
Link Posted: 2/23/2009 7:12:12 AM EDT
[#5]
If you really wanted to mess with them, send the email from Jay to the real NSA's public relations/public contact email addresses and tell them someone in the NSA is taking bribes for committing domestic surveillance, they should look into it.  The NSA might actually have to send it to the FBI, who would have to speak to "Jay" to get an "understanding" of the facts.  Just sayin'.
Link Posted: 2/23/2009 7:22:35 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Hope they go out of business.  What a bunch of asshats.    Because remember, police are more important than everybody else.  

I'm sending an email to Lisa...  

-X

**ETA: From Illinois, suprise suprise.  ***

hahahahaa she told you off
Link Posted: 2/23/2009 7:58:55 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
If you really wanted to mess with them, send the email from Jay to the real NSA's public relations/public contact email addresses and tell them someone in the NSA is taking bribes for committing domestic surveillance, they should look into it.  The NSA might actually have to send it to the FBI, who would have to speak to "Jay" to get an "understanding" of the facts.  Just sayin'.

That would be funny as balls.  I can't do anything because I don't have the original email
Link Posted: 2/23/2009 8:47:11 AM EDT
[#8]
These are reloads, not new ammo. What is so special about selling reloads?
Link Posted: 2/23/2009 9:00:06 AM EDT
[#9]
Wow, what a douche.

I found a picture by the way...

Im just not sure if is Lisa, or the husband, anyone care to help identify the subject???
Link Posted: 2/23/2009 9:00:25 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 2/23/2009 9:03:28 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

If you really wanted to mess with them, send the email from Jay to the real NSA's public relations/public contact email addresses and tell them someone in the NSA is taking bribes for committing domestic surveillance, they should look into it. The NSA might actually have to send it to the FBI, who would have to speak to "Jay" to get an "understanding" of the facts. Just sayin'.

That would be funny as balls. I can't do anything because I don't have the original email

Why in the world would I/we want to waste the resources of our government in the middle of a war with some empty threat from a bullet reloading company owner?  Now, if anything actually does happen, I will forward an electronic and paper copy to any 3 letter office I can find.  

-X

Link Posted: 2/23/2009 9:07:32 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 2/22/2009 9:51:38 AM EDT
[#13]
Hope they go out of business.  What a bunch of asshats.    Because remember, police are more important than everybody else.  

-X

Link Posted: 2/22/2009 9:51:52 AM EDT
[#14]
Why do they think anyone cares?
Link Posted: 2/22/2009 9:55:01 AM EDT
[#15]
Wow!

Just , WOW.

I had not heard of them before now, and now, I will not buy from them.
Link Posted: 2/22/2009 10:01:36 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

-X

from reading some of her postings, she seems unstable...a perfect ARFCOMMER!
Link Posted: 2/22/2009 10:02:06 AM EDT
[#17]
If you read the Black Listed names––some were scamming for free stuff, others were looking for ammo that meets the federal definition of armor piercing handgun ammo. I don't blame Elite for posting these names––it's no different than stores that hang returned bad checks. Elite will NOT sell ammo a civilian cannot legally possess.

Elite Ammo makes the best 5.7 ammo on the market. FN factory SS197 is OK, but the Elite stuff is hotter and as accurate, or more accurate. SS195 is OK, but if you need more power, Elite's SuperRapTOR is hotter. They also make subsonic that's great, if you want ammo for your suppressed PS90 SBR or 5.7 pistol. If you hunt––their VarminaTOR is unbelievable! I could go on, but the info is on their web site, which you found.

If you have a 5.7, you should check out: http://www.fivesevenforum.com/index.php?sid=0556aa217a2727965d4b767bad44d03e

Last year, Elite Ammo got flooded, along with many other business in the mid-west. They opened a new shop and occassionally had trouble getting components due to many large orders. Some guys whined, but most of us understood flooding is not anything a company can control. The company did right by their customers. I doubt that's a problem now, but with the run on reloading components since Obama got in, it wouldn't surprise me.

Bottom line: Elite's products are top notch. Don't screw 'em, or try to obtain ammo you can't legally own, and you won't wind up in their Hall of Shame.

I'm just a satisfied multi-order customer, with no financial attachment to Elite.
Link Posted: 2/22/2009 10:07:16 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Elite will NOT sell ammo a civilian cannot legally possess.

You understand that cops are civilians too, right?

-X
Link Posted: 2/22/2009 10:15:20 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:

You understand that cops are civilians too, right?

-X

Plus a couple people were black listed for requesting refunds???
Link Posted: 2/22/2009 12:26:47 PM EDT
[#20]
You gotta be kidding?!  Posting a blacklist?  Populating it with folks who asked for refunds?  

Black-X has it right.  They're on my blacklist now (I just created it and they're the only ones on it so far...).  

Per Lisa's postings: "Please leave EA Review: http://www.merchantcircle.com/business/Elite.Ammunition.815-814-0847"

> > > > > > >

My Blacklist:
1. Elite Ammunition
   Harvard, IL. 60033
   http://www.eliteammunition.com/

This is the type of vendor I don't have time for.  
Link Posted: 2/22/2009 12:57:06 PM EDT
[#21]
Cap gun ammo anyway - who gives a shit?
Link Posted: 2/22/2009 3:34:55 PM EDT
[#22]
what the hell ever happened to "the customer is always right?"

From a business owner's standpoint this is a terrible strategy, but if they're happy with never having a huge amount of customer go for it.  It sure as hell wouldn't work for us.
Link Posted: 2/22/2009 3:55:48 PM EDT
[#23]
Wow...I can understand being pissed about some of the stuff....but asking for a refund and "blacklisting" them? What a fuckin douche! I wont be sending $ their way, EVER!
Link Posted: 2/22/2009 3:57:58 PM EDT
[#24]
Eh, more power to them. Gives me something to laugh about.
Link Posted: 2/22/2009 4:09:31 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Small point of order:

It's completely & totally 100% legal for us lowly civilians to own and possess armor piercing ammunition, for both pistols and rifles.

Manufacturers however are simply restricted from selling it to us.

Link Posted: 2/22/2009 4:12:45 PM EDT
[#26]
Having an internal blacklist is a good idea, it saves future hassle.  This however is poor PR.  But if they had what I wanted at a fair price i would not hold this questionable decision against them.

EDIT:  In light of the following post disregard what I said.  I would avoid this company completely.  No one needs to put up with such neurotic people in a business transaction.
Link Posted: 2/22/2009 4:13:57 PM EDT
[#27]
Wow, some new info.  I sent this:

Lisa,

Thanks for being anti-American and working hard to fight the Second Amendment.  There are others out there like you and I will be sure to keep you on my blacklist of ammo manufacturers not buy from.  

Later comrade.

-X

Here's the responses I've received:

Hey tough guy next time you feel like pushing some one around try Me instead of a girl.

FYI one of our longtime friends and customers works for the NSA. I just dropped him a note. 100 rounds of our LEO only ammo in trade for all the info He can dig up on you.

So keep on harassing my wife and your world is going to get very interesting for you.

Jay Wolf
Pr. Elite Ammunition
www.eliteammunition.com
www.fivesevenforum.com

––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––-

I don't know who the hell you are so why don't you be man enough to tell me your name instead of sending an email from a new address and signing it X.

And I don't really care if you have me on your blacklist because I have many customers who are happy with our products & services and don't do stupid things to get banned from buying from the ONLY aftermarket company making 5.7x28mm ammunition.

So when you are ready to show your true identity than contact me. Our ban list is short so it could only be one of 5 people.

––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––

Because you decided you could not understand the nationwide industry problem with getting supplies and were really rude to me that is why you were banned from our company. As I stated to you at the other email address earlier today. Please stop playing games. I have real customers who actually need to be tended too.

Lisa Wolf
Elite Ammunition
Customer Service Manager

www.eliteammunition.com

www.57forum.com
(panzermk2wife)

Wow, just wow.  He's got the NSA coming for me for voicing my opinion of their business practices.  

-X
Link Posted: 2/22/2009 4:20:25 PM EDT
[#28]
tag
Link Posted: 2/22/2009 4:22:12 PM EDT
[#29]
HOLY $HI+
Link Posted: 2/22/2009 4:23:21 PM EDT
[#30]

Hey tough guy next time you feel like pushing some one around try Me instead of a girl.

FYI one of our longtime friends and customers works for the NSA. I just dropped him a note. 100 rounds of our LEO only ammo in trade for all the info He can dig up on you.

So keep on harassing my wife and your world is going to get very interesting for you.

Jay Wolf
Pr. Elite Ammunition
www.eliteammunition.com
www.fivesevenforum.com

Wow, just wow.  He's got the NSA coming for me for voicing my opinion of their business practices.  

-X

Wow, I'm sure the FBI would love to know about the bribery and conspiracy case if something were to happen.  What a moron.
Link Posted: 2/22/2009 4:24:37 PM EDT
[#31]
If I were you, Id go on that forum and make a thread including that email from the "president"

Thats BS, I can understand them being defensive, but making threats like that? WTF

Go sign up, tell the whole story, linking the thread she has made, all your emails, everything....if you arent 100% honest they will call you on it...hopefully it causes a few of their customers tell them to fuck off

I was pretty neutral on this whole subject til I saw he admitted hes bribing a friend at the NSA to get information on you...which is illegal, might I add
Link Posted: 2/22/2009 4:27:33 PM EDT
[#32]
You may commence firing once your taaaaarget appears..... TARGETS
Link Posted: 2/22/2009 4:36:30 PM EDT
[#33]

100 rounds to check in on who you are?

I'd do it for 500 and not a round less.

Sounds like a douche. Hide your dog.
Link Posted: 2/22/2009 4:38:17 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
If I were you, Id go on that forum and make a thread including that email from the "president"

Thats BS, I can understand them being defensive, but making threats like that? WTF

Go sign up, tell the whole story, linking the thread she has made, all your emails, everything....if you arent 100% honest they will call you on it...hopefully it causes a few of their customers tell them to fuck off

I was pretty neutral on this whole subject til I saw he admitted hes bribing a friend at the NSA to get information on you...which is illegal, might I add

I'm not interested in all that.  I just voiced an opinion that I don't agree with their business practices.  As far as I'm concerned, it's over.  If he wants to bribe someone at the NSA to look me up, so be it.  I think someone else is giving them crap though because on that blacklist, they said that I had another email address as [email protected].  I did not and do not have this email address.  

-X
Link Posted: 2/22/2009 5:07:21 PM EDT
[#35]
Yep, they're on my blacklist.  Unbelievable.  Companies with these kinds of practices don't last long though, so I wouldn't worry too much.  The word will get around.

Link Posted: 2/22/2009 5:36:20 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm not interested in all that.  I just voiced an opinion that I don't agree with their business practices.  As far as I'm concerned, it's over.  If he wants to bribe someone at the NSA to look me up, so be it.  I think someone else is giving them crap though because on that blacklist, they said that I had another email address as [email protected].  I did not and do not have this email address.  

-X

lol  - he is going to call the NSA on you...funny indeed...the owner is quite angry.
Link Posted: 2/22/2009 5:51:00 PM EDT
[#37]
I asked for pricing on their ammo back when I owned a PS90 and was shocked at their prices. Aren't these reloads anyway? If not, does FN or another company sell new brass?
Link Posted: 2/22/2009 5:57:35 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Lisa,

Thanks for being anti-American and working hard to fight the Second Amendment.  There are others out there like you and I will be sure to keep you on my blacklist of ammo manufacturers not buy from.  

Later comrade.

-X

Jay Wolf
Pr. Elite Ammunition
www.eliteammunition.com
www.fivesevenforum.com

I don't know who the hell you are so why don't you be man enough to tell me your name instead of sending an email from a new address and signing it X.

And I don't really care if you have me on your blacklist because I have many customers who are happy with our products & services and don't do stupid things to get banned from buying from the ONLY aftermarket company making 5.7x28mm ammunition.

So when you are ready to show your true identity than contact me. Our ban list is short so it could only be one of 5 people.

Because you decided you could not understand the nationwide industry problem with getting supplies and were really rude to me that is why you were banned from our company. As I stated to you at the other email address earlier today. Please stop playing games. I have real customers who actually need to be tended too.

Lisa Wolf
Elite Ammunition
Customer Service Manager

www.eliteammunition.com

www.57forum.com
(panzermk2wife)

-X

Nice that he put that threat in print for you.
Link Posted: 2/22/2009 6:02:57 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lisa,

Later comrade.

-X

Jay Wolf
Pr. Elite Ammunition
www.eliteammunition.com
www.fivesevenforum.com

Lisa Wolf
Elite Ammunition
Customer Service Manager

www.eliteammunition.com

www.57forum.com
(panzermk2wife)

-X

Nice that he put that threat in print for you.

One more reason not to buy this useless caliber, the only people that make aftermarket ammo for it have mental problems.
Link Posted: 2/22/2009 6:06:04 PM EDT
[#40]
Uh oh, two guys that work for me ordered from there recently.  I'm going to get them to cancel their orders.z

ETA:  One of the guys already got a reply from Lisa there.  She's apparently working tonight.  He accused him of working for someone named CMMG.  Another lovely quote from her, "your stupid little rants are now put on ignore."  All he did was ask to cancel his order.  Wow, I haven't seen service this crappy since I e-mailed Jonathan Ciener with a simple question that resulted in about a dozen obscenity-filled e-mails sent in reply.z
Link Posted: 2/22/2009 6:38:14 PM EDT
[#41]
Sounds like Lisa needs a good shagging...
Link Posted: 2/22/2009 6:47:08 PM EDT
[#42]
This is DEFINITELY one company that will NEVER get my business.
Link Posted: 2/22/2009 6:47:14 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Obviously her Internet Tough Guy husband isn't doing the job properly. I bet that for 1000 rounds of ammo, he could get his friend from the United Federation of Planets to intervene with his galactic space sausage and shag her good.
Link Posted: 2/22/2009 6:48:18 PM EDT
[#44]
Unbelievable....Lisa sounds like a huge cunt and that dude, that is trying to sound hard, is a huge douche.  That makes me not want to buy from them even if they did have reasonable prices.  I hope they end up homeless so they realize they can't treat people letalone CUSTOMERS like that.  What a horrible family.  Their price on .223 is pretty reasonable (345 for 1000) but I will NEVER buy from them.  I would even pay 20 bucks at another site just to not give them business.

Oh, and did you realize they didn't post THE WHOLE story on their dreaded "blacklist" thread.  They seemed to have left out the part about, bribing to get information about you, out of their thread.
Link Posted: 2/22/2009 7:07:31 PM EDT
[#45]
Theres another thread about it:

http://www.fivesevenforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2631
Link Posted: 2/22/2009 7:17:08 PM EDT
[#46]
They make it sound like the "coveted 5.7 round" is almost impossible to get.  Go to Gander Mtn. they have it.  Check out ammotogo, they have it.  Wideners has some 5.7.  They make it seem like they are the only distributor, and THAT, is what is going to bite them in the end.  Go check out their huge amounts of positive testimonials on their site.....all eight of them.  I wouldn't be surprised if they bribed (which, by the sound of it, they have no problem doing) a couple buddies to write a few of those testimonials.
Link Posted: 2/22/2009 7:39:36 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Unbelievable....Lisa sounds like a huge cunt and that dude, that is trying to sound hard, is a huge douche.  That makes me not want to buy from them even if they did have reasonable prices.  I hope they end up homeless so they realize they can't treat people letalone CUSTOMERS like that.  What a horrible family.  Their price on .223 is pretty reasonable (345 for 1000) but I will NEVER buy from them.  I would even pay 20 bucks at another site just to not give them business.

Oh, and did you realize they didn't post THE WHOLE story on their dreaded "blacklist" thread.  They seemed to have left out the part about, bribing to get information about you, out of their thread.

And if it's ever under question, I have that email saved.  

-X
Link Posted: 2/22/2009 7:57:59 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Obviously her Internet Tough Guy husband isn't doing the job properly. I bet that for 1000 rounds of ammo, he could get his friend from the United Federation of Planets to intervene with his galactic space sausage and shag her good.

thats funny
Link Posted: 2/22/2009 8:14:03 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

If you read the Black Listed names––some were scamming for free stuff, others were looking for ammo that meets the federal definition of armor piercing handgun ammo. I don't blame Elite for posting these names––it's no different than stores that hang returned bad checks. Elite will NOT sell ammo a civilian cannot legally possess.

Elite Ammo makes the best 5.7 ammo on the market. FN factory SS197 is OK, but the Elite stuff is hotter and as accurate, or more accurate. SS195 is OK, but if you need more power, Elite's SuperRapTOR is hotter. They also make subsonic that's great, if you want ammo for your suppressed PS90 SBR or 5.7 pistol. If you hunt––their VarminaTOR is unbelievable! I could go on, but the info is on their web site, which you found.

If you have a 5.7, you should check out: http://www.fivesevenforum.com/index.php?sid=0556aa217a2727965d4b767bad44d03e

Last year, Elite Ammo got flooded, along with many other business in the mid-west. They opened a new shop and occassionally had trouble getting components due to many large orders. Some guys whined, but most of us understood flooding is not anything a company can control. The company did right by their customers. I doubt that's a problem now, but with the run on reloading components since Obama got in, it wouldn't surprise me.

Bottom line: Elite's products are top notch. Don't screw 'em, or try to obtain ammo you can't legally own, and you won't wind up in their Hall of Shame.

I'm just a satisfied multi-order customer, with no financial attachment to Elite.

Hi Lisa...

Link Posted: 2/22/2009 8:16:10 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Lisa,

Later comrade.

-X

Jay Wolf

Pr. Elite Ammunition

www.eliteammunition.com

www.fivesevenforum.com

Lisa Wolf

Elite Ammunition

Customer Service Manager

www.eliteammunition.com

www.57forum.com

(panzermk2wife)

-X

Fail. Fuck them and their little pussy caliber. Sounds like Jay's got the short dick syndrome, and Mrs. Wolf is (not) feeling it too...

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top