Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/7/2009 6:47:31 PM EDT
Do a search for three gun carts and you will find a few manufacturers who have modified the newer baby strollers with the bike tires for three gun. Gun racks, storage, have been changed to make it easier for three gunners to lug all their stuff around .
I liked the idea, but being someone who prefers building and solving problems on my own, I  opted to build one for the upcoming KDSC and FNH 3-gun, from stuff I had laying around the shop!
Since metal is abundant in my shop; this is what was created.
    It has a drawer in the bottom for smaller loose things, and cleats all the way around the frame to bungee equip to the deck. It's handlebar rack will accomodate 7 rifles/shotguns.
The handles, upper deck and back wheels all can be removed for storage. It wont fit in a small car, but it will lay flat in a truck nicely.
Paint is a nice flat black.  I'll try to load it up with gear to give you all an idea of what it's capacity will be.

Heres an in-process shot showing how I want the rifles to sit. I will probably have an additional bungee system to lash all the rifles/individually, to the frame. The muzzle device on the deck has changed. I have opted to use truck mud flap rubber with slots that will take either tactical shotguns that have the muzzle and shot tube flush; as well as being able to flip the guns around to store buttstock down. The only downside to that is that the person driving the cart will have the muzzle(s) pointing directly at their face, which I'm not that comfortable with.

Elliot_308 will be opting for the 'TACTICAL SHOPPING CART" insult, no doubt.  But I still had fun building something for nothing!
Link Posted: 4/7/2009 6:50:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Sweet!  I must have missed the 3-gun match in MadMax!
Link Posted: 4/7/2009 7:03:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Here's mine... It only holds 6 long guns though.

Side view:

Here's my other cart... Holds two long guns. I'll carry all my other gear in a backpack.
Link Posted: 4/7/2009 7:08:07 PM EDT
[#3]
I just use a wheelbarrow
Link Posted: 4/7/2009 7:09:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Cooler than my converted off road dolly.  Which I dismantled since the local range shut down 3 Gun.  Now that they're starting back up I suppose I'll have to make another one.  
Link Posted: 4/7/2009 7:11:46 PM EDT
[#5]
But Girlyman, where do you keep your five round mags?
Link Posted: 4/7/2009 7:22:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Girliman,
I like the foam captured/latching system on your wagon. I'm gonna have to get to Home Depot to get the foam, and it looks like I wont be using bungee on the rifles after all!!! Cool idea!   I shall now APPROPRIATE!!!!
Link Posted: 4/8/2009 9:59:18 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
But Girlyman, where do you keep your five round mags?

Five rounders stay home...
Actually, most AR owners here in Can. have gone to the RRA ten round AR (pistol) mags which are totally legal for use even in an AR rifle.
For those of us who shoot in the USA on a regular basis... We usually keep a stash of 30 rnd mags stored on the US side of the border.
Link Posted: 4/8/2009 10:11:27 AM EDT
[#8]
I don't know, but I would not like the rifles pointing at my head like that and would like even less to have them slanted backward while muzzle down oin the rubber matte. Seems like they could pop out and slide off while pushing it around. Maybe straight up would be better like the canucks have done.
Link Posted: 4/8/2009 10:17:56 AM EDT
[#9]
Hazaa!!! The assault wheel barrow!! Useful for Zombie attacks, liberal feeding frenzies and ghetto rat bum rushes.

Have you considered the "Assault shopping cart"?? I considered it a while ago. you fill up a shopping cart with all your favorite stuff THEN if say Zombies attack what you do is flip it over and get underneath. it acts as a sort of "Anti-zombie cage". The same as the anti-shark cages you see in movies. leave a small portal so you can shove your pistol through to shoot the zombies.
Link Posted: 4/8/2009 12:14:01 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Girliman,
I like the foam captured/latching system on your wagon. I'm gonna have to get to Home Depot to get the foam, and it looks like I wont be using bungee on the rifles after all!!! Cool idea!   I shall now APPROPRIATE!!!!

The foam is that split pipe insulation... the rack that holds the gunz is made from half inch pvc pipe... or is it pvac..?
I dunno... It's that white-ish plastic water supply pipe they sell at home despot.
Link Posted: 4/8/2009 4:00:52 PM EDT
[#11]
I had no idea Canucks could own such items.....doesnt it make you want to move south?
Link Posted: 4/9/2009 11:55:21 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I had no idea Canucks could own such items.....doesnt it make you want to move south?

We're allowd to own all the foam pipe insulation we want...!

As for guns... although legal CCW is next to impossible we can own lot's of stuff some of you guys can't.

I'd move south, but it ain't as easy as some think to do legally...
There's also all the free health care, rainbows and unicorns here at home that I would miss... No, I have to be satisfied with my regular shooting trips into the good o'l USA

My friends and I shoot mostly in MI, but this year we'll be in KY and hope to get spots for the Ft Benning 3-gun.

Link Posted: 4/9/2009 8:10:10 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 4/10/2009 2:18:46 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 4/10/2009 2:19:18 PM EDT
[#16]
Very nicely done!!
Link Posted: 4/11/2009 2:37:41 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
The inoperable and abandoned carts were more my point.

Yes.... The cart does have it's place.

The terrain at one club I shoot at is not good for a cart.
You're better off just luggin' everything using a back-pack.

Link Posted: 4/11/2009 2:41:40 PM EDT
[#18]
It needs a motor.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top