Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 7/12/2009 11:41:07 AM EDT
So I was watching Ted Nugent's hunting show on Comcast cable lastnight.  During one segments he was showing off a few different AK-47s and talking about them being his favorite rifle.  Well, what really caught me off guard was when he started talking about the great quality of Century Arms International.  If memory serves me, doens't alteast half or better of AR15.com refer to them as being drunken monkeys?

EDIT:  replaced "I" with "he", its damn hard to type and eat fried chicken.
Link Posted: 7/12/2009 11:42:11 AM EDT
[#1]
has it occured to you that maybe century paid him to say that.
Link Posted: 7/12/2009 11:42:51 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Yep, he has bills to pay too.

ETA: My Century WASR runs like a top, and no, they don't pay me to say that.
Link Posted: 7/12/2009 11:44:07 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
So I was watching Ted Nugent's hunting show on Comcast cable lastnight.  During one segments he was showing off a few different AK-47s and talking about them being his favorite rifle.  Well, what really caught me off guard was when I started talking about the great quality of Century Arms International.  If memory serves me, doens't alteast half or better of AR15.com refer to them as being drunken monkeys?

They are called the angry beavers.
Link Posted: 7/12/2009 11:45:01 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
So I was watching Ted Nugent's hunting show on Comcast cable lastnight.  During one segments he was showing off a few different AK-47s and talking about them being his favorite rifle.  Well, what really caught me off guard was when I started talking about the great quality of Century Arms International.  If memory serves me, doens't alteast half or better of AR15.com refer to them as being drunken monkeys?

quoted

Hey Ted!
Link Posted: 7/12/2009 11:47:08 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:

quoted

Hey Ted!

Haha, I just noticed that.
Link Posted: 7/12/2009 11:50:20 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Yeah, I knew it was a paid plug, but it still seemed funny.  Atleast he wasn't singing the praises of Vulcan Arms.

But in all seriousness, I don't really have any issues with Century.  I own one of their AR15s.  So far, I've put less than 500rds through it, but I've had no issues and it groups well using PMC ammo.
Link Posted: 7/12/2009 11:50:33 AM EDT
[#7]
I have a GP1975 from century (black furniture), it's quite nice.
Link Posted: 7/12/2009 11:51:32 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, I knew it was a paid plug, but it still seemed funny.  Atleast he wasn't singing the praises of Vulcan Arms.

But in all seriousness, I don't really have any issues with Century.  I own one of their AR15s.  So far, I've put less than 500rds through it, but I've had no issues and it groups well using PMC ammo.

I say their ARs at a gunshow a while back.  Didn't know they did ARs now.

Link Posted: 7/12/2009 11:51:35 AM EDT
[#9]
I believe he said that the Czech Vz-58 was his "favorite AK". Other then sharing the same caliber 7.62 x 39 and some similaries in appearance the VZ-58 doesn't contain one interchangeable part with an AK-47. Not even the magazine.
Link Posted: 7/12/2009 11:52:12 AM EDT
[#10]
All of the Century rifles I have owned were good guns. One had nasty trigger slap but that was about it.
Link Posted: 7/12/2009 11:52:47 AM EDT
[#11]
Cling to Ted;he will deliver as much as McCain didn't.
Link Posted: 7/12/2009 11:54:07 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:

They are hit and miss.  Sometimes you get a decent operating (but usually ugly) gun, other times they are ten pounds of fucked up in a five pound bag.  

You have to examine them yourself before purchase and know about what you are buying.  Shop smart, shop S-Mart.
Link Posted: 7/12/2009 11:54:22 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Didn't they sell the AR's with a used colt upper or lower? Maybe I'm mistaken?
Link Posted: 7/12/2009 11:55:44 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I think that is what I read, used M16 parts.

Link Posted: 7/12/2009 11:56:35 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

They are parts kit guns, old M16s coverted over to AR15s with barrels from DPMS according to what I've read.  I bought mine back in Dec. after I got my yearly bonus.  The day I bought mine, Dance's Sporting Goods, had 2 Century ARs and 2 from Para-Ordinace.  I went with the Century because it was only $700 and the Paras were between $2000 and $3000.
Link Posted: 7/12/2009 11:58:11 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

The Uppers were Colt, I forgot who I heard made the Lowers, but I seem to recall it starting with a C

Link Posted: 7/12/2009 12:04:27 PM EDT
[#17]
I am shocked the AR15.com overlooks him dodging the draft.
Link Posted: 7/12/2009 12:06:39 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

The Uppers were Colt, I forgot who I heard made the Lowers, but I seem to recall it starting with a C

CMMG or maybe CMT
Link Posted: 7/12/2009 12:11:45 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

He's probably the most well known public personality to speak in favor of the second amendment. Enough time has passed to forgive a transgression that occurred 40 years ago.
Link Posted: 7/12/2009 12:14:21 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

+1.......  For $10,000.00 I will say "Cobra Industries" is the best gun on the market!
Link Posted: 7/12/2009 12:15:39 PM EDT
[#21]
Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one.
Link Posted: 7/12/2009 12:19:04 PM EDT
[#22]
My WASR's run like a top. In 1000's of rounds, I have NEVER had a malfunction.
Link Posted: 7/12/2009 12:23:55 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Me too.
Link Posted: 7/12/2009 12:30:00 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I think you will find many here oppose the draft.

Link Posted: 7/12/2009 12:32:15 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:

He's probably the most well known public personality to speak in favor of the second amendment. Enough time has passed to forgive a transgression that occurred 40 years ago.

And he always manages to put us in a less than positive light IMO.  

"Suck on my machine gun"

That will win hearts and minds for sure.
Link Posted: 7/12/2009 12:35:53 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
snip

CMMG or maybe CMT[/quote]

CMT sounds about right, but I'd have to do a little googling to be for sure

Link Posted: 7/12/2009 12:37:56 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I know he does a lot for the troops as well, I am just saying
Link Posted: 7/12/2009 12:38:57 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

WASRs aren't kit guns assembled by the angry beavers.
Link Posted: 7/12/2009 12:42:28 PM EDT
[#29]
My bro has a WASR that has been trouble free (other then a canted front sight). I have been keeping an eye on pricing of them, now that it is dropping back to sane levels, I may pick one up.

It is an AK, sights are optional anyway....  
Link Posted: 7/12/2009 12:42:44 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 7/12/2009 12:44:08 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

As a serious bowhunter and firearms owner, I never miss an episode of Ted's "Spirit of the Wild" television show on Tuesday nights on the Outdoor Channel.

But, I've got to admit that I cringe everytime he breaks out some cheap, AK variant that looks like it's been Tapco-ized. With his kind of money, he could afford to buy quality fireams, especially AK's that don't have AR-15 stocks on 'em.

Those are product placements in his show, he is not stupid and gets as many $$$ as possible off each show.

Link Posted: 7/12/2009 12:46:55 PM EDT
[#32]

My Century WASR & L1A1 both function fine, and shoot straight.  

I was really close to buying one of their Polish Tantals here recently, but enough reports of the key hole problem made me change my mind.

Link Posted: 7/12/2009 12:51:01 PM EDT
[#33]
Century can make decent stuff but they can also put together thousands of rifles with crooked sights and not care.  That is the type of thing that gives them the drunken monkey reputation.  You just have to pay attention to what you are buying.  Of course it wouldn't suprise me if Centry gave Ted a few firearms so he could talk about them.  They would have checked those firearms over first.
Link Posted: 7/12/2009 1:34:19 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Just went to Century Arms webpage and there it is "Proud Sponsor of Ted Nugent Spirit of the Wild"

Century Arms

Link Posted: 7/12/2009 1:38:55 PM EDT
[#35]

maybe they make sure when they send ted a rifle it's the best of they're stock?

Link Posted: 7/12/2009 3:11:09 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

And seeing his name on the invoice might get him some of the better examples of the weapon.
Link Posted: 7/12/2009 3:13:06 PM EDT
[#37]
I had a century built Yugo RPK that never had a problem.
Link Posted: 7/12/2009 3:13:11 PM EDT
[#38]
Century HAS put out some decent rifles but they were sub contracted through other builders (private label) but when Century tried to build them they were all shit. There quality has been hit or miss with some rifles...
Link Posted: 7/12/2009 3:15:44 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 7/12/2009 3:16:11 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you got a draft card to go nation building in Iraq, would you go?

Reasonable people may disagree on the issue.

Perhaps if Vietnam was invading the US the issue might be different...
Link Posted: 7/12/2009 3:16:20 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yea i think he has made up for it...
Link Posted: 7/12/2009 3:18:03 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yea i think he has made up for it...

Yep.

By spreading oodles of misinformation regarding private ownership of machine guns.
Link Posted: 7/12/2009 3:21:14 PM EDT
[#43]
I love my Century AKs.  An SAR-1 and Yugo M70AB2...  However, neither were built at Century.  SAR series were built at the Cugir plant in Romania, the same plant that makes the Romanian military rifles.  And the Yugo is a kit gun, but Century farmed them out to have built.  FWIW Century Yugos are some of the best mid range AKs on the market IMO...
Link Posted: 7/12/2009 3:21:34 PM EDT
[#44]
Hah, my CETME must have been built on a Tuesday, or a Thursday, because it runs fine. No ground bolt, and the rear site is welded on straight. And the ejected brass will put your eye out at 40 yards
Link Posted: 7/12/2009 3:26:30 PM EDT
[#45]
Century certainly has a bad rifle building reputation here, but I have to say it is well earned.

Link Posted: 7/12/2009 3:36:04 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 7/12/2009 3:42:31 PM EDT
[#47]
Ted Nugent went broke investing in things like emu farms, lived in his own excrement to avoid military service, and adopted a child so he could fuck her.

In that context, I don't give a fuck what he thinks about the company that imported my $229 AK copy.  

Link Posted: 7/12/2009 3:51:42 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 7/12/2009 3:53:45 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
So I was watching Ted Nugent's hunting show on Comcast cable lastnight.  During one segments he was showing off a few different AK-47s and talking about them being his favorite rifle.  Well, what really caught me off guard was when he started talking about the great quality of Century Arms International.  If memory serves me, doens't alteast half or better of AR15.com refer to them as being drunken monkeys?

EDIT:  replaced "I" with "he", its damn hard to type and eat fried chicken.

Their AKs are the best of what they make in general, they work OK. The CAI SARs and WASRs I have had were fine. CETMEs, Galils, and FALs were very hit or miss.
Link Posted: 7/12/2009 3:55:33 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

The draft is lame.

I forgive Uncle Ted.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top