Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/6/2009 4:57:09 PM EDT
New Range (new to me at least) in DFW called Elm Fork, very nice and affordable place

Hot as hell but we had an awesome time

Took some buddies who were new to shooting. Im the one in the blue. Guy in the red is a new shooter, had a Walther P22, not nearly as "crappy" as I was expecting. Tough to get used to, but after that it was decently accurate. No jams either. Guy in the blue with the dangly bracelet thing on his wrist was also a new shooter, G22.

My new toy

USP 9mm vs Glock 22.....guess who won?  

Any of you Half-Life fans out there? Those arent my wrists. I would not put faggoty shit like that on my wrists.

The G19 jammed a total of 3 times, but it was junky brass ammo from Academy sports......still kinda hesitant to carry it til I test her some more......

Sig Sauer P229 .357 SIG

Check out the shell casing in the air! This thing lays down those steel plates with ease

Trusty USP Compact

We didnt actually shoot the AK at the plates, he just wanted a photo op

This guy took some fragment to the face, this is why you wear eye pro!

Some of the gear for the day

Things I learned:

Yall were right about the Glock. What a fast, accurate, quick-to-action pistol! I love it. It jammed a few times, but it was with junk ammo, but Im still going to put it through the paces some more until Im ready to carry it.

The HK USP Match Weight does wonders for recoil reduction. Its like shooting a .22 with the report of a 9mm

All but one of us caught some splashback from the reactive targets, always wear teh eyepro!

Link Posted: 9/6/2009 5:00:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Limp wristing will cause a Glock to "jam".
Link Posted: 9/6/2009 5:00:30 PM EDT
[#2]

Link Posted: 9/6/2009 5:02:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Yeah, were pretty sure it was the ammo. The same brand of ammo caused jams in the other two Glocks that were being used. It worked fine in the HK's though
Link Posted: 9/6/2009 5:03:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Looks like you might have your arms bent to much. Maybe try holding your arms out straight forward? I dont know but a glock 19 shouldnt jam with any ammo.
Link Posted: 9/6/2009 5:05:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Looks like you might have your arms bent to much. Maybe try holding your arms out straight forward? I dont know but a glock 19 shouldnt jam with any ammo.

Im the one in the blue shirt, in the pic with the Glock. My arms are pretty straight, and I had a firm grip. I dont think that was the problem
Link Posted: 9/6/2009 5:05:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/6/2009 5:10:13 PM EDT
[#7]
That dude has a big ol booger in his nose.
Link Posted: 9/6/2009 5:10:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Thats why I wear eye protection!
Link Posted: 9/6/2009 5:11:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I think it was nose hair, but yea, sick
Link Posted: 9/6/2009 5:13:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I noticed that too
Link Posted: 9/6/2009 5:19:54 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I noticed that too

Isn't that where they go???
Link Posted: 9/6/2009 5:23:51 PM EDT
[#12]
come on, its not a booger!!! its cocaine!!! look at his shirt and hair color. he's a parrot head!! YUP, cocaine!!
Link Posted: 9/6/2009 5:28:27 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
come on, its not a booger!!! its cocaine!!! look at his shirt and hair color. he's a parrot head!! YUP, cocaine!!

Link Posted: 9/6/2009 5:35:57 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 9/6/2009 5:44:07 PM EDT
[#15]
Sweet Pics!

Although usually I like the look of the USP, but that Match edition looks like a Hi-Point...Great gun though.
Link Posted: 9/6/2009 5:47:42 PM EDT
[#16]
If someone got hit the face to cause bleeding, you are too close to the steel. Safety glasses are there to protect the eyes from powder blowback, not scrapnel coming off a steel target with enough velocity to cause bleeding. If hit with that stuff, i don't think those glasses will stay intact and protect the eyes. I use a min of 30 feet from steel.
Link Posted: 9/6/2009 5:51:02 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Sweet Pics!

Although usually I like the look of the USP, but that Match edition looks like a Hi-Point...Great gun though.

Haha you mean like this? I guess I see the resemblance but.....

Link Posted: 9/6/2009 5:51:04 PM EDT
[#18]
AK's with rebar stocks are as queer as a 3 dollar bill in Texas.

Glock only jammed THREE times ?

Musta got a good one...
Link Posted: 9/6/2009 5:54:15 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Musta got a good one...

You mean the wire folder stock? Its short and compact, and comfortable enough, which is exactly what I need
Link Posted: 9/6/2009 5:58:46 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
If someone got hit the face to cause bleeding, you are too close to the steel. Safety glasses are there to protect the eyes from powder blowback, not scrapnel coming off a steel target with enough velocity to cause bleeding. If hit with that stuff, i don't think those glasses will stay intact and protect the eyes. I use a min of 30 feet from steel.

Listen to this.

You're doing it wrong!
Link Posted: 9/6/2009 6:03:02 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Sweet Pics!

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y78/lloydkristmas/hipoint.jpg

Guys at the range actually cringe when I bring out my JHP-45. They cannot stand it when I put reloads in the red CONSISTANTLY, and are all waiting for a FTE of FTF or the slide to go nuclear. They get even more pissed when I offer to help with getting a Kimber unstuck and functioning...

The RSO (who OC's at the range) takes a big circle around my stall, wont even talk to me when I shoot the Hi-point. Wont even look at my targets.

I guess I'm out of his circle because I dont shoot an expensive gun that doesnt shoot.

Link Posted: 9/6/2009 6:03:26 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Listen to this.

You're doing it wrong!

Im a newb when it comes to shooting reactionary steel. If this was a dangerous distance, I wonder why the range had the targets set up that way....You couldnt adjust them, and you couldnt get any closer or further back from the plates either. Maybe they werent steel, but were some other metal? I dont know. All I do know is the only splashback we ever caught was from .22LR leadnosed rounds. Maybe that had something to do with it.
Link Posted: 9/6/2009 6:04:13 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Sweet Pics!

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y78/lloydkristmas/hipoint.jpg

Guys at the range actually cringe when I bring out my JHP-45. They cannot stand it when I put reloads in the red CONSISTANTLY, and are all waiting for a FTE of FTF or the slide to go nuclear. They get even more pissed when I offer to help with getting a Kimber unstuck and functioning...

The RSO (who OC's at the range) takes a big circle around my stall, wont even talk to me when I shoot the Hi-point. Wont even look at my targets.

I guess I'm out of his circle because I dont shoot an expensive gun that doesnt shoot.

Hi Points are great guns for the money, anyone who says otherwise has probably never shot one

Link Posted: 9/6/2009 6:04:52 PM EDT
[#24]
I call BS.  Labor day is tomorrow.
Is this from last year?
Link Posted: 9/6/2009 6:05:57 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 9/6/2009 6:07:06 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

I just had to go back and look.
Link Posted: 9/6/2009 6:09:39 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Musta got a good one...

Great post  . Thanks for your fine uplifting input.
Link Posted: 9/6/2009 6:11:08 PM EDT
[#28]
A real MK IV/Series 70... with reloads =

Link Posted: 9/6/2009 6:12:45 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I call BS.  Labor day is tomorrow.
Is this from last year?

Haha should have said Labor Day "Weekend"

Title changed
Link Posted: 9/6/2009 6:15:03 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Glocks have a tendency to jam when dainty handed limp wristed girly men shoot them.

Seriously though that much jammage is probably the result of limp wristing especially if you havent shot a polymer framed pistol  before. Due to the lack of mass in the frame the pistol relies on the shooters hand to recoil against.

You should try again, and this time don't hold it like a pussy.

Im the guy in the blue, not the one with the danglie things on my wrists. Straight arm, firm grasp, tight grip. There was no limp wristing going on.

All I have owned is polymer framed pistols, so I dont think thats an issue either.

Not to mention the same ammo jammed up in two other Glocks, one of which was being used by a former Ranger, and I highly doubt he was handling it "like a pussy"
Link Posted: 9/6/2009 6:21:57 PM EDT
[#31]
are you left eye dominant and right handed?
Link Posted: 9/6/2009 6:23:48 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
are you left eye dominant and right handed?

no, why?

Link Posted: 9/6/2009 6:25:57 PM EDT
[#33]
Did the 19 jam with that big stick?  

Link Posted: 9/6/2009 6:27:32 PM EDT
[#34]
Don't sweat it man. It's just hard for the glock koolaid drinkers to even fathom the all mighty glock jamming...lol I have nothing against glock and I own two myself, a 17 and 21. I had trouble shooting certain types of ammo in the 21. I changed calibers to 400 corbon anyway and never had anymore problems. Some guns are just more finiky than others. Even guns from the same manufacturer.
Link Posted: 9/6/2009 6:29:11 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 9/6/2009 6:37:22 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Glocks have a tendency to jam when dainty handed limp wristed girly men shoot them.

Seriously though that much jammage is probably the result of limp wristing especially if you havent shot a polymer framed pistol  before. Due to the lack of mass in the frame the pistol relies on the shooters hand to recoil against.

You should try again, and this time don't hold it like a pussy.

Im the guy in the blue, not the one with the danglie things on my wrists. Straight arm, firm grasp, tight grip. There was no limp wristing going on.

All I have owned is polymer framed pistols, so I dont think thats an issue either.

Not to mention the same ammo jammed up in two other Glocks, one of which was being used by a former Ranger, and I highly doubt he was handling it "like a pussy"

Lighten up, I'm giving you a hard time.

Nice chicken wing with the rifle!

Oh youre fine.

Thats not me with the AK though
Link Posted: 9/6/2009 6:44:02 PM EDT
[#37]

Was it wear high blue to the range day or what?  Out of 4 Glocks and around 10,000 rounds downrange i've never had one to jam,ever. I have two 19s a 22 and a 27.

I don't believe the limp wristing shit either though as i've fired many from the hip and i'd encourage both of those baby blue shirt wearing dudes to pull their stance in a bunch. At fighting distance anyone who halfassed knew what they were doing would snatch those pistols and properly shove them up asses. Thats all
Link Posted: 9/6/2009 6:46:54 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Was it wear high blue to the range day or what?  Out of 4 Glocks and around 10,000 rounds downrange i've never had one to jam,ever. I have two 19s a 22 and a 27.

I don't believe the limp wristing shit either though as i've fired many from the hip and i'd encourage both of those baby blue shirt wearing dudes to pull their stance in a bunch. At fighting distance anyone who halfassed knew what they were doing would snatch those pistols and properly shove them up asses. Thats all

Link Posted: 9/6/2009 6:52:21 PM EDT
[#39]
Here ,Loyd try ketchup, that helped us.......... pills are gooooooood...pills are goooooood
Link Posted: 9/6/2009 6:53:27 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Here ,Loyd try ketchup, that helped us.......... pills are gooooooood...pills are goooooood

Harry did you pay the gas bill?

Link Posted: 9/6/2009 6:58:00 PM EDT
[#41]
I would not feel comfortable shooting .22s at those targets at that distance. .22s do some crazy things.
Link Posted: 9/6/2009 6:59:20 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I would not feel comfortable shooting .22s at those targets at that distance. .22s do some crazy things.

just ask Damcv
Link Posted: 9/6/2009 7:03:46 PM EDT
[#43]
I would have stopped shooting at steel that close after seeing that injury.

The P22 is a pretty fun .22 semi-auto.  Even better with a suppressor.

Link Posted: 9/6/2009 7:35:10 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I would have stopped shooting at steel that close after seeing that injury.

The P22 is a pretty fun .22 semi-auto.  Even better with a suppressor.

It was very fun. I liked the Ruger better, because it was more accurate, but the P22 is fun. The trigger is mediocre, it was very hard to hit well past a few yards. I can imagine it with a can though.....mmmmm
Link Posted: 9/6/2009 7:35:35 PM EDT
[#45]

The way i figure it is the person in the red shirt is the only person in the pics that had a clue as to why he was there? Maybe he witnessed that lethal shrapnel to ghey guys face (was he slow or sumthin?) and understood the importance of practicing with weak eye?

The two in the blue shirts without flowers looked as if they were shooting bullseye with S&W 41's, or otherwise a proper way to get a gun shoved up their ass in a defensive situation.

Link Posted: 9/6/2009 8:01:28 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

The way i figure it is the person in the red shirt is the only person in the pics that had a clue as to why he was there? Maybe he witnessed that lethal shrapnel to ghey guys face (was he slow or sumthin?) and understood the importance of practicing with weak eye?

The two in the blue shirts without flowers looked as if they were shooting bullseye with S&W 41's, or otherwise a proper way to get a gun shoved up their ass in a defensive situation.

We were target shooting, not practicing combat drills. See who can knock down their targets first, etc. Ya know?
Link Posted: 9/6/2009 8:05:09 PM EDT
[#47]
Looks like a nice range!
Link Posted: 9/6/2009 8:08:13 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Looks like a nice range!

It was! They had "private" divided lanes for each set of shooters, steel targets, paper target bays, rifle range, etc. They also have a "Skeet golf" course where you cart around from hole to hole shooting at different trap/skeet setups.

It was only 16.50 for the day too.

Link Posted: 9/6/2009 8:09:02 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, were pretty sure it was the ammo. The same brand of ammo caused jams in the other two Glocks that were being used. It worked fine in the HK's though

Glocks will fire chucks of rocks if you can get it in the chamber, I bet it was that crappy long magazine.
Link Posted: 9/6/2009 8:11:37 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Looks like a nice range!

Which imposes a 10 round mag limit.  If you want to enjoy shooting there, attend the Tiger Valley classes.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top