Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/15/2010 2:50:46 PM EDT
I know someone here has the answer, what were the knives that Tony and Gibbs used in the last episode of NCIS? One seems to have a camo type finish on the blade, the other was plain black. They were pictured at the very last of the show over dinner by the two...Thanks...fullclip
Link Posted: 1/15/2010 2:54:36 PM EDT
[#1]
I seen them, have no idea what they were, but they were nice
Link Posted: 1/15/2010 2:57:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Dunno but they all carry them , Gibbs rule #9.

Ziva carries a tanto straight blade.
Link Posted: 1/15/2010 3:03:02 PM EDT
[#3]
I noticed them.  They looked to me like they might be Zero Tolerance, but they were only on screen very briefly.

Maybe somebody with one of them futuristic DVR things can do a screen capture  (good ol' VCR here).

Link Posted: 1/15/2010 3:06:00 PM EDT
[#4]
I was thinking Kershaw ZT...
Link Posted: 1/15/2010 3:06:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/15/2010 3:06:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Both looked liked ZTs to me.
Link Posted: 1/15/2010 3:08:52 PM EDT
[#7]

Both looked like auto's to me.

From sumo's link:

Link Posted: 1/15/2010 3:13:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Assisted opening designed by strider and ken onion

Link Posted: 1/15/2010 3:14:13 PM EDT
[#9]

I have never been disapointed withe the guys here at arfcom, Thanks, now, which one to buy???  Or Get Both???  fullclip

Link Posted: 1/15/2010 3:16:28 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

They sure were quick with them.  Must of done some practicing...  

Link Posted: 1/15/2010 3:17:42 PM EDT
[#11]
Both were zero tolerance knives.  Ziva always carries a fixed blade tanto in her waistband and a folding knife.  Some time ago, I saw her use a Blackhawk MOD CQD Mark II to open a box.  I think it was the episode that Mcgee got his first computer mailed to him from home.  

I love that they always use real equipment in NCIS.  It's fun to try and figure out what flashlights they use too.  I see alot of Streamlights and the occasional Surefire.

Link Posted: 1/15/2010 3:17:52 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I have never been disapointed withe the guys here at arfcom, Thanks, now, which one to buy???  Or Get Both???  fullclip

More than two models.

http://www.ztknives.us/ZT_Assisted.html

Link Posted: 1/15/2010 3:22:02 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:

More than two models.

You're trying to bankrupt me....fullclip

Link Posted: 1/15/2010 3:22:40 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

They sure were quick with them.  Must of done some practicing...  

Assisted opening knives are just as fast as a switchblade the only real difference is you have to push the blade instead of pushing a button or slide. When they first came out there was a lot of discussion about whether they should be classified as a switchblade. Fortunately that has not happened.

Link Posted: 1/15/2010 3:25:14 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

More than two models.

Honestly, they are well made knives designed by two really good knife makers. Can't go wrong with them. I have several assisted opening knives and they are great when you only have one hand free.

Link Posted: 1/15/2010 3:28:43 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

More than two models.

Honestly, they are well made knives designed by two really good knife makers. Can't go wrong with them. I have several assisted opening knives and they are great when you only have one hand free.

I carry a Gerber AR series and a Kershaw Assisted daily, got to have one for each pocket in case you have a hand full of work and need one, either hand will do...fullcliip

Link Posted: 1/15/2010 3:46:57 PM EDT
[#17]
So, who here hasn't eaten a steak with their folder?

I use my Benchmade for that all the time. Best knife I own.

Link Posted: 1/15/2010 3:59:45 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 1/15/2010 4:12:31 PM EDT
[#19]
Is Ziva's tanto a Cold Steel Kobun?
Link Posted: 1/15/2010 4:22:26 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Is Ziva's tanto a Cold Steel Kobun?

She's used that and a MOD CQD
Link Posted: 1/15/2010 4:24:15 PM EDT
[#21]
The ZT's are tough as nails, my 301 has taken a beating and still looks like new.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top