Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 4:11:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By thebrain:

Please define " fair share "

If you can the please define " income "

If I live 100% off grid grow my own food knitting my own clothes, build my own furniture and so on. How much of that labor is taxable as income? What would be my fair share for tax purposes?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Daggertt:

Robbing a bank is immoral.

Me telling an an inherently immoral government to fuck off is my right and duty as a free human. When you understand that you might finally grasp what the founding father felt.

Get off your knees. The Constitution as originally written had provisions to fund government in a moral manner.

There are plenty in this country that would say refusing to "pay your fair share" is immoral. Others think that taxes are inherently immoral. So what is immoral is subjective based on what your morals are.

And it's not the subject being discussed anyway.

Now, in terms of what's legal or illegal is a different matter. And it IS what we've been talking about.

And in that context, both bank robbery and tax evasion are on equal footing. Just ask Al Capone.

You can morally object all you want, but breaking the law because you think the law is immoral will still land you in jail.

Which you know. That's why you paid your taxes when the IRS called you out on it, and you continue to pay them.

Don't tell me to get off my knees like you're not knelt down right next to me where we both just taxes to avoid fines and prison.  

If I live 100% off grid grow my own food knitting my own clothes, build my own furniture and so on. How much of that labor is taxable as income? What would be my fair share for tax purposes?
It doesn't matter how I define it. Other people feel that way based on whatever their definition is. My point was that what someone considers "moral" is subjective.

Sure!

Attachment Attached File

If you live off the grid and do all that stuff yourself, then none of it is income, since you didn't trade your labor for money (wages). Even if you did, the difference between the cost and the value received would be considered income, and in the case of labor, that would be 100%.  ($cost + $received = $income)

Like if you paid $3 for the materials to make your sweater, and sold it for $10, you'd have $7 of income to pay taxes on (-$3 + $10 = $7)

But if someone else provided the materials and you just knitted the sweater for him in exchange for $10, then you'd have $10 of income since you didn't pay anything for your own labor before selling it ($0 + $10 = $10).

Now don't go and confuse the "value" of your labor with the "cost" of your labor. Your labor is worth what someone will pay for it. Like the value of your sweater it's worth $10. However, the cost of your sweater was $3. So the difference between the cost ($3)  and the value received ($10) = your income ($7).

For your labor the cost = $0, since you don't pay any money for your own labor, and the value received for that labor is $10, thus your income = $10.

Otherwise known as "wages".

Link Posted: 3/15/2024 8:31:09 AM EDT
[#2]
It doesn't matter how I define it. Other people feel that way based on whatever their definition is. My point was that what someone considers "moral" is subjective.

Sure!

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/435611/income_JPG-3158893.JPG

If you live off the grid and do all that stuff yourself, then none of it is income, since you didn't trade your labor for money (wages). Even if you did, the difference between the cost and the value received would be considered income, and in the case of labor, that would be 100%.  ($cost + $received = $income)

Like if you paid $3 for the materials to make your sweater, and sold it for $10, you'd have $7 of income to pay taxes on (-$3 + $10 = $7)

But if someone else provided the materials and you just knitted the sweater for him in exchange for $10, then you'd have $10 of income since you didn't pay anything for your own labor before selling it ($0 + $10 = $10).

Now don't go and confuse the "value" of your labor with the "cost" of your labor. Your labor is worth what someone will pay for it. Like the value of your sweater it's worth $10. However, the cost of your sweater was $3. So the difference between the cost ($3)  and the value received ($10) = your income ($7).

For your labor the cost = $0, since you don't pay any money for your own labor, and the value received for that labor is $10, thus your income = $10.

View All Quotes

Robbing a bank is immoral.

Me telling an an inherently immoral government to fuck off is my right and duty as a free human. When you understand that you might finally grasp what the founding father felt.

Get off your knees. The Constitution as originally written had provisions to fund government in a moral manner.

There are plenty in this country that would say refusing to "pay your fair share" is immoral. Others think that taxes are inherently immoral. So what is immoral is subjective based on what your morals are.

And it's not the subject being discussed anyway.

Now, in terms of what's legal or illegal is a different matter. And it IS what we've been talking about.

And in that context, both bank robbery and tax evasion are on equal footing. Just ask Al Capone.

You can morally object all you want, but breaking the law because you think the law is immoral will still land you in jail.

Which you know. That's why you paid your taxes when the IRS called you out on it, and you continue to pay them.

Don't tell me to get off my knees like you're not knelt down right next to me where we both just taxes to avoid fines and prison.  

Sure!

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/435611/income_JPG-3158893.JPG

Income:
Section 61(a) of the Internal Revenue Code defines gross income as income from whatever source derived, including (but not limited to) “compensation for services, including fees, commissions, fringe benefits, and similar items.” I.R.C.

Gross income:
Section 61(a) provides that, except as otherwise provided by law, gross income means all income from whatever source derived. Under § 61, Congress intends to tax all gains or undeniable accessions to wealth, clearly realized, over which taxpayers have complete dominion.

Using the I.R.S definitions everything is income.

I do not know you personally, so I do not wish to out right condem you. But your statements lead me to believe you are a loyalist. You probably would have sided with the Crown during the American Revolution. The Crown was the law at the time of the Revolution after all.

The Declaration of Independence clearly states
" That whenever any form of government becomes destructive to these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their safety and happiness."

I believe that our government has exceeded the constraints put on it by the Constitution. And I have believed it for a long time. My belief is so strong, that I attempted to effect change by engaging in a tax revolt. I fought this battle for 4 years, and lost. My only solace is, that at least I tried.

Now I sit and watch as the Republic crumbles.
Link Posted: 3/15/2024 10:13:45 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Mach] [#3]
there are a lot of armed IRS agents for ..... reasons

everything is voluntary if you are ok with the consequences

maybe you should read the 16th amendment to the constitution
Link Posted: 3/15/2024 11:35:59 AM EDT
[#4]

Income:
Section 61(a) of the Internal Revenue Code defines gross income as income from whatever source derived, including (but not limited to) "compensation for services, including fees, commissions, fringe benefits, and similar items." I.R.C.

Gross income:
Section 61(a) provides that, except as otherwise provided by law, gross income means all income from whatever source derived. Under   61, Congress intends to tax all gains or undeniable accessions to wealth, clearly realized, over which taxpayers have complete dominion.

I do not know you personally, so I do not wish to out right condem you. But your statements lead me to believe you are a loyalist. You probably would have sided with the Crown during the American Revolution. The Crown was the law at the time of the Revolution after all.

" That whenever any form of government becomes destructive to these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their safety and happiness."

I believe that our government has exceeded the constraints put on it by the Constitution. And I have believed it for a long time. My belief is so strong, that I attempted to effect change by engaging in a tax revolt. I fought this battle for 4 years, and lost. My only solace is, that at least I tried.

View Quote
I love your shifting goalposts. I answered your questions and there really isn't a good argument on your side, so you switch to ad hominem to "not condemn" me as a "loyalist".

Ok mr the real and living man.

Are those gold fringes i see? Is this a maritime court? I officially invoke admirality proceedings! You have no right to question me!

I mean at the end of the day, you've already admitted defeat. Literally. All of this posturing from you but in the end, you pay your taxes like a good serf... Just like the rest of us.

So what's your point? That you pay taxes even though you don't like it but you understand the alternative is jail?

Um... welcome to the party pal. That's what the rest of us here are saying as well!

Link Posted: 3/15/2024 12:11:28 PM EDT
[#5]
I love your shifting goalposts. I answered your questions and there really isn't a good argument on your side, so you switch to ad hominem to "not condemn" me as a "loyalist".

Are those gold fringes i see? Is this a maritime court? I officially invoke admirality proceedings! You have no right to question me!

I mean at the end of the day, you've already admitted defeat. Literally. All of this posturing from you but in the end, you pay your taxes like a good serf... Just like the rest of us.

So what's your point? That you pay taxes even though you don't like it but you understand the alternative is jail?

Um... welcome to the party pal. That's what the rest of us here are saying as well!

View All Quotes

Income:
Section 61(a) of the Internal Revenue Code defines gross income as income from whatever source derived, including (but not limited to) "compensation for services, including fees, commissions, fringe benefits, and similar items." I.R.C.

Gross income:
Section 61(a) provides that, except as otherwise provided by law, gross income means all income from whatever source derived. Under   61, Congress intends to tax all gains or undeniable accessions to wealth, clearly realized, over which taxpayers have complete dominion.

Ok you win. I admitted defeat in one battle. Did I say I surrendered? I definitely didn't jump in this conversation to defend the government or the I.R.S , you did. Enjoy your unrestricted Federal government.
Link Posted: 3/15/2024 1:15:12 PM EDT
[#6]

Ok you win. I admitted defeat in one battle. Did I say I surrendered? I definitely didn't jump in this conversation to defend the government or the I.R.S , you did. Enjoy your unrestricted Federal government.
View Quote
My only permise from the beginning of my involvement in this thread has been very simple :

regardless of what you think or feel about paying taxes, the government has a monopoly on violence, so they win the argument and none of the ridiculous sovereign citizen ideology will protect someone trying to avoid paying taxes.

No part of that is defending the government or irs.

And you've provided perfect proof of my thesis - you tried to avoid paying taxes using these strategies and...

...you ended up staring down the barrel of the DOJ and accepted reality and paid and continue to pay because regardless of what you think or feel, the government has a monopoly on violence, so they won the argument and none of the ridiculous sovereign citizen ideology protected you.
Link Posted: 3/15/2024 7:10:02 PM EDT
[#7]
My only permise from the beginning of my involvement in this thread has been very simple :

regardless of what you think or feel about paying taxes, the government has a monopoly on violence, so they win the argument and none of the ridiculous sovereign citizen ideology will protect someone trying to avoid paying taxes.

No part of that is defending the government or irs.

And you've provided perfect proof of my thesis - you tried to avoid paying taxes using these strategies and...

...you ended up staring down the barrel of the DOJ and accepted reality and paid and continue to pay because regardless of what you think or feel, the government has a monopoly on violence, so they won the argument and none of the ridiculous sovereign citizen ideology protected you.
View Quote

I never mentioned sovereign citizen,  you did.

At any rate I just need one more post to bump this to the top. It helps the data capture algorithm.

Thanks for using key words.
Link Posted: 3/15/2024 11:52:15 PM EDT
[#8]

I never mentioned sovereign citizen,  you did.

At any rate I just need one more post to bump this to the top. It helps the data capture algorithm.

Thanks for using key words.
View Quote

I know, it was like you were trying to hide it!

Link Posted: 3/17/2024 3:40:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JMD] [#9]
Do you continue to not pay your taxes still?

Until the irs comes and makes you again, i mean?

Or do you pay what you owe every year since you settled?
View All Quotes
Do not ever go to tax court when they ask. Tell them you want a trial in a federal court with a jury of your peers.

After four years of trying to trick me into going to tax court and me refusing, they settled. I owed 60k with penalties and interest. They accepted 28k.

The constant threats from the IRS was going to destroy my marriage. Otherwise I would not have paid.

My defense was that I informed them every year that I was not paying federal income tax and they ignored me until the bill was 60k. If I was required to pay, why didn't the IRS come after me when I told them I was not going to pay the very first year.

I even posted about it here and got many of the same responses you have received. Everyone here complains about .gov but are unwilling to stop funding them. As a result the government will continue to grow and become more tyrannical.

Well, if what he is saying is true it does appear he won a partial victory in that he only had to pay 28k instead of the 60k the government said he owed.

If someone is willing to fight and use unusual tactics sometimes you can win partial victories

I knew a co worker who got partially out of a 40k amount of paying taxes from the IRS.  He was in the IRS office with an IRS employee who was black trying to work out his tax bill.  
The black employee was treating him like shit so in front of everyone in the office he yelled out that the black employee was a racist against white people

The black employee almost turned white at his accusation

He continued to rant about the office being racist and the supervisor came out and invited my co worker into his office.  My co-worker stated he was going to file a lawsuit against them and go to the papers about how the IRS was a racist organization

The supervisor stated let us see if we can work this out

To make a long story short after the supervisor made some phone calls they told him to pay 10k and they would all it even.  

He agreed and got out of paying the other 30k.
Link Posted: 3/17/2024 3:50:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By JMD:

Well, if what he is saying is true it does appear he won a partial victory in that he only had to pay 28k instead of the 60k the government said he owed.

If someone is willing to fight and use unusual tactics sometimes you can win partial victories

I knew a co worker who got partially out of a 40k amount of paying taxes from the IRS.  He was in the IRS office with an IRS employee who was black trying to work out his tax bill.  
The black employee was treating him like shit so in front of everyone in the office he yelled out that the black employee was a racist against white people

He continued to rant about the office being racist and the supervisor came out and invited my co worker into his office.  My co-worker stated he was going to file a lawsuit against them and go to the papers about how the IRS was a racist organization

To make a long story short after the supervisor made some phone calls they told him to pay 10k and they would all it even.  

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By JMD:
Do not ever go to tax court when they ask. Tell them you want a trial in a federal court with a jury of your peers.

After four years of trying to trick me into going to tax court and me refusing, they settled. I owed 60k with penalties and interest. They accepted 28k.

The constant threats from the IRS was going to destroy my marriage. Otherwise I would not have paid.

My defense was that I informed them every year that I was not paying federal income tax and they ignored me until the bill was 60k. If I was required to pay, why didn't the IRS come after me when I told them I was not going to pay the very first year.

I even posted about it here and got many of the same responses you have received. Everyone here complains about .gov but are unwilling to stop funding them. As a result the government will continue to grow and become more tyrannical.

I'd be interested to know what the breakdown of what was owed looked like before deciding how it appears.

Another poster in this thread pointed out that the penalties and fees for not paying for failing to pay far exceeded the actual tax due.

It's entirely possible that the 28k was what he initially owed in taxes, and the 32k was penalties and late fees, and in the end, they accepted for him to just pay the tax and waived the extra stuff.

Which wouldn't be a partial victory. Because in the end he still had to pay all his taxes.

If you could knock your tax bill in half (28k vs 60k) by just refusing to pay for a few years, everyone would do it.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top