Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/16/2012 10:18:42 AM EDT
Displaying FOP or PBA shield

In your Personal vech or your Wifes drive do you display your FOP Or PBA Shield?

Link Posted: 6/16/2012 11:10:44 AM EDT
[#1]
nm

Link Posted: 6/16/2012 2:10:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Never seen one, then again I work in the south.
Link Posted: 6/16/2012 2:19:35 PM EDT
[#3]
I am FOP and have previously had a plate, but do not display it now.  Here in WV the FOP is much lower key than it is elsewhere.  I dont want my vehicles immediately identifiable.  If using for professional courtesy purposes, my shield and ID will do the job.  If my wife gets pulled I can usually make a few phone calls as my state and county are both very small and I have connections just about everywhere here.
Link Posted: 6/16/2012 2:26:58 PM EDT
[#4]
No one in our PD has one in their cars.
Link Posted: 6/16/2012 2:44:49 PM EDT
[#5]
I know of one wife that has one on her minivan.
Link Posted: 6/16/2012 3:10:52 PM EDT
[#6]
No.
Link Posted: 6/16/2012 3:30:59 PM EDT
[#7]
It's pretty common use in NJ and a few other places but there have been times where I took it down before parking as who wants their car keyed.

Link Posted: 6/16/2012 7:31:11 PM EDT
[#8]
a few have them around here- but its a question if the ticket you're going to get out of (professional courtesy) is worth the general public knowing your a cop...
It can be a good thing....or not.  Depends on who is noticing it at the time,,& obviously that is something you cannot control.   Personally I DO NOT want most of our
fine citizens knowing I'm LEO as I'm driving home...or anywhere..
Link Posted: 6/17/2012 3:28:43 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Personally I DO NOT want most of our fine citizens knowing I'm LEO as I'm driving home...or anywhere..

Link Posted: 6/17/2012 6:07:51 AM EDT
[#10]
No. I get a hard enough time when I'm working.
Link Posted: 6/17/2012 6:24:16 AM EDT
[#11]
No.
Link Posted: 6/17/2012 8:54:59 AM EDT
[#12]
No, but we never had those. We just have PBA cards for family. I wouldn't have one on my car if we had them though. My car would get keyed constantly.
Link Posted: 6/17/2012 10:25:52 AM EDT
[#13]
No.....never had.....never will
Link Posted: 6/17/2012 10:26:34 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
No, but we never had those. We just have PBA cards for family. I wouldn't have one on my car if we had them though. My car would get keyed constantly.

Yep.....I dont like to advertise that I'm a cop.
Link Posted: 6/17/2012 1:40:01 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Your PBA rep can get one if you wanted one but you don't so ..........

Link Posted: 6/17/2012 5:00:46 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Your PBA rep can get one if you wanted one but you don't so .........

I've never seen any PBA member from my job have one.
Link Posted: 6/17/2012 7:51:26 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep.....I dont like to advertise that I'm a cop.

Egging has been an issue in my AO, but then only some of us have the TBL decals on tinted windows
Link Posted: 6/18/2012 9:06:36 AM EDT
[#18]
There are a million of them here in NJ. I would say that 2/3 of them are not even a direct family member. I do not have anything on my car or my family members car. I feel its just asking for trouble.
Link Posted: 6/18/2012 9:50:49 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

There are a million of them here in NJ. I would say that 2/3 of them are not even a direct family member. I do not have anything on my car or my family members car. I feel its just asking for trouble.

The FOP & PBA stopped this a couple years ago by engraving the badge number on the shield stem.

It has cut down fraud at least and in the case of a severe violation the Officer can call the FOP or PBA and get the contact info and agency for the badge tied to that shield.

Way too many of the old ones showing up on ebay I guess.

Link Posted: 6/18/2012 11:01:54 AM EDT
[#20]
Nope. No plates or decals. I try to fly as far under the radar as possible.
The FOP card stays in my cred holder along with police ID and drivers license. I carry credit cars and money in a separate wallet.
The wife and kids know to not talk about what I do when we're out in public as well.

Link Posted: 6/18/2012 2:24:35 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Quoted:

The FOP & PBA stopped this a couple years ago by engraving the badge number on the shield stem.
It has cut down fraud at least and in the case of a severe violation the Officer can call the FOP or PBA and get the contact info and agency for the badge tied to that shield.

Way too many of the old ones showing up on ebay I guess.

I understand 'professional courtesy' to a point, but I think stuff like this just makes us look bad.  I don't have a problem with someone casually mentioning that they work for XYZ agency, but when organizations start giving/issuing stuff like this for the sole purpose of getting folks out of violations, it just looks really bad to me.
Link Posted: 6/18/2012 4:25:25 PM EDT
[#22]
Best way to get your car broken into.
Link Posted: 6/27/2012 11:59:26 PM EDT
[#23]
Ive seen plenty of criminals use similar stickers on their vehicles around here trying to avoid getting pulled over.  I wouldnt use one just to keep what I do as secret as possible.
Link Posted: 6/28/2012 9:07:13 AM EDT
[#24]
Not just no but HELL NO.

That is almost as stupid as the Texas Peace Officer license plates they introduced a few years back.
Link Posted: 6/28/2012 10:40:38 AM EDT
[#25]
I dont give two fucks a cup of coffee what kind of "police" stickers are on a car. If its not a marked unit it gets stopped like everyone else.

We don't advertise we're the police around here.
Link Posted: 6/28/2012 10:58:51 AM EDT
[#26]
FOP plates  here in Kentucky.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top