Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
M16a4 (clone) picture thread (Page 143 of 145)
Page / 145
Link Posted: 3/28/2023 7:10:43 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Molon:

Nice!

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Molon:
Originally Posted By airgunner:
Colt AR15A4. Fairly basic for right now except for the Geissele SSA-E, Colt CS stock and PRI Latch...

https://i.imgur.com/crJBWsw.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/0l1vL88.jpg

Nice!

Thanks - I love me them CS stocks!
Link Posted: 3/28/2023 8:17:25 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By pezboytate:

Actual M16A4s had rifle feedramps.
View Quote

Yeah, those a4 barrels are hard to find.

I contacted Fulton and they can do one for me for 550$.

Gah dang
Link Posted: 3/30/2023 7:47:02 AM EDT
[#3]
Added a specter pouch

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/30/2023 11:47:59 AM EDT
[#4]
Canadian m16a4? I was going through some boxes and found this upper...... wondering what that value of it is and what its suppose to be like completed?

https://imgur.com/a/svj67tN
Link Posted: 3/31/2023 3:14:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Looks like a standard A2/A4 Colt barrel with RAS and flat top upper.  It would end up looking pretty much like the other A4s shown in this thread when completed.
Link Posted: 4/6/2023 1:48:22 PM EDT
[#6]

Here’s my attempt.
P&S M5 RAS
SureFire M952 with Malkoff M60 upgrade
G SSA
Aimpoint pro
Matech rear sight
Specter gear raider mag pouch and sling

Do I need anything else? Might swap the A2 stock for an A1 since it’s a little shorter LOP.
Link Posted: 4/9/2023 6:57:21 AM EDT
[Last Edit: TREETOP] [#7]
Link Posted: 4/9/2023 7:31:49 AM EDT
[#8]
I heard they bought P&S I got a carbine one otw. For $150 I’ll give it a shot.
Link Posted: 4/9/2023 8:57:21 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By TREETOP:
Does anyone know anything about these?
Unbranded M5 (and M4) RAS with rail covers, under $200 at Brownells. Markings look like 8FW25, CAGE Code for Prudent American Technologies? I only knew of KAC and P&S being contracted to manufacture these.
Good news is they seem to be available and affordable, especially if you get dealer pricing at Brownells.

https://www.brownells.com/gun-parts/rifle-parts/rifle-handguards-parts/ar-15-rail-adapter-systems/

https://prudentamerican.com/firearm-parts/
View Quote

Originally Posted By fullmedaljacket8:
I heard they bought P&S I got a carbine one otw. For $150 I’ll give it a shot.
View Quote

P&S (doing business as DBA Molding solutions) was aquired by Prudent American Technologies . DoD contractors.

Should be 100% legit.
Link Posted: 4/10/2023 5:18:06 PM EDT
[#10]
Ok, so my Colt A4 is now an A5. That's alright. I have another 20" that will become a proper A4...

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/10/2023 6:00:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CATM] [#11]
And with it's brother...

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/10/2023 8:14:22 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By CATM:
Ok, so my Colt A4 is now an A5. That's alright. I have another 20" that will become a proper A4...

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/2860/20230410_151218_jpg-2777739.JPG
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/12/2023 5:05:43 AM EDT
[#13]
Thanks, Mr. Dafoe!
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 10:06:49 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 10:42:59 AM EDT
[#15]
M16 family is complete. Just need to swap out the A2 for a gray H&R A2 lower when they become available.

Link Posted: 4/26/2023 11:19:58 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 4/27/2023 8:12:42 PM EDT
[#17]
This goes back and forth between tricked out and basic.  Currently in basic form.  Need to buy another, or find an A2.

Link Posted: 4/27/2023 9:51:22 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By dump1567:
This goes back and forth between tricked out and basic.  Currently in basic form.  Need to buy another, or find an A2.
View Quote

I have the same dilemma. I used to have a really nice A2 that I wish I never sold as that would indeed resolve the problem
Link Posted: 4/28/2023 10:13:56 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Vehemence] [#19]
my half-assed homage to the infamous ATAC

Link Posted: 4/30/2023 2:11:34 PM EDT
[#20]
Not clone correct but as close to A4 as I'm willing to get right now. Upper is newer Colt, "R" marked chamber bell indicating it was a contracted barrel made by Rosco, which was a little disappointing (at least give me Wilson if it's out sourced!) Upper receiver itself is only keyhole marked and obviously a different shade, also contracted out. Not sure if the RMR will stay there, I just had an extra collecting dust. The larue LT681 mount is perfect for the eye relief I want but is aesthetically less pleasing having the Acog hanging that far back.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/1/2023 6:17:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Vehemence] [#21]
Originally Posted By Hox:
Not clone correct but as close to A4 as I'm willing to get right now. Upper is newer Colt, "R" marked chamber bell indicating it was a contracted barrel made by Rosco, which was a little disappointing (at least give me Wilson if it's out sourced!) Upper receiver itself is only keyhole marked and obviously a different shade, also contracted out. Not sure if the RMR will stay there, I just had an extra collecting dust. The larue LT681 mount is perfect for the eye relief I want but is aesthetically less pleasing having the Acog hanging that far back.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/301997/20230429_104800_jpg-2801184.JPG
View Quote

I wouldn’t be concerned about the aesthetics of having your ACOG that far back. Ease of use/correct eye relief is way more important.

I’ve seen tons of military photos of folks with their ACOGs positioned as far as possible to the rear - some guys even put their BUIS in front of their ACOGs (if used at all).

Also, having your flashlight that far forward gives your rifle an overall well balanced look - to me, anyway.
Link Posted: 5/1/2023 11:10:12 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Vehemence:

I wouldn't be concerned about the aesthetics of having your ACOG that far back. Ease of use/correct eye relief is way more important.

I've seen tons of military photos of folks with their ACOGs positioned as far as possible to the rear - some guys even put their BUIS in front of their ACOGs (if used at all).

Also, having your flashlight that far forward gives your rifle an overall well balanced look - to me, anyway.
View Quote
Thanks for the encouragement. I was going to actually put irons forward but with the RMR and this not being a go to defensive gun, I passed. The streamight is on arosaka mount is obviously wrong for clone but it fills the role perfectly from a usability standpoint. Overall I want to swap the upper receiver for an older "C" marked one and call it good.
Link Posted: 5/29/2023 8:11:26 AM EDT
[#23]
I finally broke down and joined the club and got a Colt A4.  It was sitting at GT Dist for a while.  I saw it in February when I was there.  I went back two weeks ago and she was still there.  It had been marked down to $899 and they had an additional $25 off on new guns that day.  I believe it’s a 2020 production from looking at the serial number.Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File

A post like this is worthless without pictures so excuse the mess.  The last month has gone from my wife and I celebrating my promotion to sergeant on April 20th to planning for her funeral on April 27.

Dan
Link Posted: 5/29/2023 1:23:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Vehemence] [#24]
Originally Posted By AGR1279:
I finally broke down and joined the club and got a Colt A4.  It was sitting at GT Dist for a while.  I saw it in February when I was there.  I went back two weeks ago and she was still there.  It had been marked down to $899 and they had an additional $25 off on new guns that day.  I believe it’s a 2020 production from looking at the serial number.https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/17981/IMG_4634_jpeg-2832992.JPGhttps://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/17981/IMG_4613_jpeg-2832998.JPG

A post like this is worthless without pictures so excuse the mess.  The last month has gone from my wife and I celebrating my promotion to sergeant on April 20th to planning for her funeral on April 27.

Dan
View Quote

That’s a really nice rifle. It appears you got a great deal on it.

Congratulations on your promotion, and terribly sorry to hear of the situation with your loved one.

Best wishes to you and yours on this somber day.
Link Posted: 5/29/2023 5:03:14 PM EDT
[#25]

This Colt is one of my absolute favorites to shoot.
Link Posted: 5/29/2023 5:04:11 PM EDT
[#26]
I finally broke down and joined the club and got a Colt A4.  It was sitting at GT Dist for a while.  I saw it in February when I was there.  I went back two weeks ago and she was still there.  It had been marked down to $899 and they had an additional $25 off on new guns that day.  I believe it’s a 2020 production from looking at the serial number.https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/17981/IMG_4634_jpeg-2832992.JPGhttps://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/17981/IMG_4613_jpeg-2832998.JPG

Dan
View Quote

I’m sorry for your loss.
Link Posted: 6/10/2023 5:57:05 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Combat_Diver] [#27]

Dan
View Quote

My condolences for the loss of your wife
Link Posted: 6/16/2023 10:55:25 AM EDT
[#28]
What case is everyone using for their A4s? Anybody make a good precut foam case that fits the ‘spec’ A4?
Link Posted: 6/16/2023 10:57:53 AM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By TexasTradition:
What case is everyone using for their A4s? Anybody make a good precut foam case that fits the ‘spec’ A4?
View Quote

M1950 Weapons Case.
Link Posted: 6/17/2023 7:32:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Kidnap_44] [#30]

My dad gave me this rifle 2 weeks ago.
Surplus FN upper from a few years back.
All FN/Clone correct minus the lower and G SSA trigger...needs ACOG....sling, and bayonet.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/18/2023 1:05:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Vehemence] [#31]
Originally Posted By Kidnap_44:

My dad gave me this rifle 2 weeks ago.
Surplus FN upper from a few years back.
All FN/Clone correct minus the lower and G SSA trigger...needs ACOG....sling, and bayonet.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/316849/20230617_182911_jpg-2854938.JPG
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/316849/20230617_182458_jpg-2854952.JPG
View Quote

This is my safety…

Nice gift, but not the best example photo (top).

Safety off, magazine in magwell, FINGER ON TRIGGER and rifle pointed… somewhere (hope you don’t have a second story above you)

The open dust cover suggests the rifle has been charged and a clear window on a PMAG doesn’t guarantee an empty magazine, nor an empty chamber. Even if it did, all of the basic safety rules still apply, but all have been broken in that single pic.

To be fair, I post plenty of pics of rifles, sometimes with fully loaded magazines too, but my fire selector is always on SAFE (with or without an empty or loaded mag inserted) unless I am actually shooting.

That said, many other members here don’t always have their rifles on ‘safe’ in their pics. I’m guessing one of the main reasons is that those folks don’t like to keep the hammer cocked on an empty rifle, but I’ve never seen them posting pics holding their charged rifles with their finger on the trigger, magazine inserted, and safety off - unless they are in the process of actually shooting.

I’m not trying to be a dick, I just can’t help mentioning these things - this is a tech forum after all.

… discretely sliding my soapbox back out of the room…

Link Posted: 6/18/2023 3:32:51 PM EDT
[#32]
pic thread

Link Posted: 6/18/2023 4:07:46 PM EDT
[#33]

This is my safety…

Safety off, magazine in magwell, FINGER ON TRIGGER and rifle pointed… somewhere (hope you don’t have a second story above you)

The open dust cover suggests the rifle has been charged and a clear window on a PMAG doesn’t guarantee an empty magazine, nor an empty chamber. Even if it did, all of the basic safety rules still apply, but all have been broken in that single pic.

To be fair, I post plenty of pics of rifles, sometimes with fully loaded magazines too, but my fire selector is always on SAFE (with or without an empty or loaded mag inserted) unless I am actually shooting.

That said, many other members here don’t always have their rifles on ‘safe’ in their pics. I’m guessing one of the main reasons is that those folks don’t like to keep the hammer cocked on an empty rifle, but I’ve never seen them posting pics holding their charged rifles with their finger on the trigger, magazine inserted, and safety off - unless they are in the process of actually shooting.

I’m not trying to be a dick, I just can’t help mentioning these things - this is a tech forum after all.

View Quote

Holy shit, dude
Link Posted: 6/18/2023 5:05:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Vehemence] [#34]
Originally Posted By Spacejunk:

Holy shit, dude
View All Quotes

This is my safety…

Holy shit, dude

Yeah, you’re right, sorry about that. Firearms safety – no big deal – totally optional. To each their own, I suppose.

Live and let die.
Link Posted: 6/19/2023 12:15:14 AM EDT
[#35]

Yeah, you’re right, sorry about that. Firearms safety – no big deal – totally optional. To each their own, I suppose.

Live and let die.
View All Quotes

This is my safety…

Holy shit, dude

Live and let die.

It's a picture dude 😎
Link Posted: 6/19/2023 1:29:27 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Vehemence] [#36]
Originally Posted By 03RN:

It's a picture dude 😎
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 03RN:

This is my safety…

Holy shit, dude

Live and let die.

It's a picture dude 😎

I get it, I suppose I sounded like a dick - figured some folks might take it that way, but in this case the blowback was worth it to me.

If I saw someone do that around me in a public place, even in a private place for that matter, I’d definitely say something. Though this is an online forum, it still seems kind of like a public place, as anyone/everyone can see everything posted here.

I’ve also never known anyone that knows anything whatsoever about firearms safety to ever do that, let alone post a photograph of themselves doing it in a public forum.

I have, however, seen photos & videos online (Reddit, YouTube, other forums, etc.) of people with their fingers inappropriately on the trigger, sometimes flagging others, and the commentary/criticism/ridicule they receive is a hell of a lot worse than anything I said.

Anyway, I didn’t purposely offend anyone, but negligence is negligence, even if it’s just a picture.

And in a worst case scenario, it could lead to a negligent discharge resulting in serious injury or death.
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 3:24:41 PM EDT
[#37]
I don't see any PPE either, where is your PT belt?
Link Posted: 6/21/2023 4:25:27 PM EDT
[#38]

https://i.imgur.com/xgvRP4Q.jpg

This is my safety…

View Quote

Link Posted: 6/24/2023 10:02:20 AM EDT
[#39]
You all got distracted and missed the new P&S M5 kit in the EE for a hundo.

I am disappointed.
Link Posted: 6/29/2023 4:57:59 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 7/5/2023 4:53:32 AM EDT
[#41]

Dan
View Quote

Fucking hell, buddy. I’m so sorry for your loss. I’m praying for you.
Link Posted: 7/21/2023 8:37:51 PM EDT
[#42]
just a heads up..

found this today

M16 RAS handguard

I was gonna grab a brownells one but they were out of stock........... found this thanks to a friend on IG and ordered it... we shall see what happens when it gets here next week.... along with the Aero 20" FSB upper I found...

this will be my third attempt build an A4/A5 rifle..... first two used magpul polymer handguards cuz Im cheap lol
Link Posted: 7/21/2023 8:49:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TGWLDR] [#43]
Originally Posted By KineticAp1:
just a heads up..

found this today

M16 RAS handguard

I was gonna grab a brownells one but they were out of stock........... found this thanks to a friend on IG and ordered it... we shall see what happens when it gets here next week.... along with the Aero 20" FSB upper I found...

this will be my third attempt build an A4/A5 rifle..... first two used magpul polymer handguards cuz Im cheap lol
View Quote

Legit.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/industry/EXPO-ARMS-RAS/325-304189/
Link Posted: 7/22/2023 3:41:45 AM EDT
[#44]
View Quote

Apparently I didn’t look hard enough… I thought there wasn’t any threads on them

Glad to hear they are the same as P&S
Link Posted: 7/26/2023 3:45:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: KineticAp1] [#45]
https://imgur.com/a/W7142qo

Time to get started
Link Posted: 7/26/2023 4:47:26 PM EDT
[#46]
12 years, still looks the same.

Link Posted: 7/26/2023 8:58:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: KineticAp1] [#47]
Got home and made some changes

https://imgur.com/a/2L1hKaK
Link Posted: 7/27/2023 2:18:21 PM EDT
[#48]
Nice way to spend the afternoon…..Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/31/2023 11:11:11 AM EDT
[#49]
Thinking of converting my FN Collector's edition A4 to an A5 system.

Anybody know which is the proper VLTOR buffer weight to use?
Link Posted: 9/2/2023 9:33:38 PM EDT
[#50]
Just finished my A4. All PSA with the special lower for 475 total. Couldn’t pass on the deal, don’t know what I’ll do with it, but now I have one. P&S RAS from thoroughbred armament
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Page / 145
M16a4 (clone) picture thread (Page 143 of 145)
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top