Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/13/2009 7:24:56 PM EDT
I came across this picture on Google Image Search. Turns out the rifle in this photo is airsoft (fooled me!) but regardless I'm just using it for reference in regards to my question.

Is it possible to get a full-length rail riser like pictured in this photo?  Or is it part of the S.I.R. system?  If I could find a riser like this that would be awesome.  Thanks

Here is the picture with the riser:

Here is a photo of my rifle as well:

Thanks
Link Posted: 9/13/2009 7:28:07 PM EDT
[#1]
That is a part of the A.R.M.S. S.I.R., however, A.R.M.S. sells similar, full length risers, as well. I believe they are called "Swan Sleeves".

www.armsmounts.com

Edit: http://armsmounts.com/default.asp?mode=products&sub=mounts&id=[hsh]36 S-Ex  (Sorry, it won't let me make it a hotlink.)

They have one with a built-in BUIS, as well.

-Ed
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 1:20:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Awesome thanks for the reply.

I was browsing through their website and I couldn't find the full length rail with the BUIS?
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 1:23:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Here ya' go:  http://www.armsmounts.com/default.asp?mode=products&sub=mounts&id=[hsh]38 S-Ex

-Ed
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 1:56:34 PM EDT
[#4]
That is a nice upper and barrel.
BK:American!
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 3:36:52 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks Ed!  I can see it this time.

I wonder if this rail is long enough to cover my gas block?
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 6:55:31 AM EDT
[#6]
You could look into the VLTOR CASV system, too. I'm currently waiting to put one of those on my new build.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 8:03:06 AM EDT
[#7]
Also, Predator Rail.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 5:13:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Well, I already have a nice Daniel Defense Rail, Im just looking for something to raise my BUIS and Optics (EOTech 512 in my case).

So If I went with the Arms S-ex rail, I dont think it would cover my gas block (where my front flip up sight sites).  So should I get a small riser just for the front gas block portion?  I have a PWS Gas Piston AR, so I can't change front gas blocks
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top