Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/11/2009 12:48:27 AM EDT
I found this kit online. It comes with everything but the lower. If this legit? If it is an "original" wouldn't there be some NFA rules that apply?
http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/used-us-military-colt-m16a1-parts-kit.aspx?a=580519

ETA:  I ordered one already.  Just looked to cool.  

Link Posted: 11/11/2009 12:50:48 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/11/2009 5:18:29 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I found this kit online. It comes with everything but the lower. If this legit? If it is an "original" wouldn't there be some NFA rules that apply?
http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/used-us-military-colt-m16a1-parts-kit.aspx?a=580519

ETA:  I ordered one already.  Just looked to cool.  

Ad says a new barrel is included, but no barrel in the photo:

Link Posted: 11/11/2009 6:20:45 AM EDT
[#3]
Not worth having the headache of needing to have the barrel work done to complete it. Why not supply the thing with a barrel that is ready to be installed?  Selling a kit like this makes no sense to me.
Link Posted: 11/11/2009 7:05:53 AM EDT
[#4]
Bummer - USED

If that was all new parts I'd be on it like white on rice.  I have an M16A1 that would be worth more if it looked brand new.  The picture makes the parts look new but since they call it used I'm betting the parts you get won't be perfect.

Link Posted: 11/11/2009 7:50:44 AM EDT
[#5]
disassembled rack grade guns from inventory.  You expected them to be new?
Anyway, JG sales has this for a little cheaper.  They list as vg to excellent, btw.
JG Sales M16A1 Kits
Link Posted: 11/11/2009 8:08:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 12/2/2009 4:36:03 PM EDT
[#7]
The kit from Sportsmans Guide is a rip off!!!!!!

Ok, they got me..

I ordered it and when I received it everything was as stated and in very good condition with the exception of the barrel.
It is not "new" as stated.
It was unfinished (In the white) and did not have the groves for the front sight pins cut.. Basically its manufacturing process had not been completed.
The threads for the flash hider are damaged. It's most likely been in storage for 30 years. They conveniently left this information out of the ad and left the barrel out of the image... This is a con job...

I have attempted to communicate my issue to customer service through a series of e-mails but they just continue to give me the run around.
I’ll be calling my credit card company tomorrow to file a complaint.

C.g.
Link Posted: 12/2/2009 5:57:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
The kit from Sportsmans Guide is a rip off!!!!!!

Ok, they got me..

I ordered it and when I received it everything was as stated and in very good condition with the exception of the barrel.
It is not "new" as stated.
It was unfinished (In the white) and did not have the groves for the front sight pins cut.. Basically its manufacturing process had not been completed.
The threads for the flash hider are damaged. It's most likely been in storage for 30 years. They conveniently left this information out of the ad and left the barrel out of the image... This is a con job...

I have attempted to communicate my issue to customer service through a series of e-mails but they just continue to give me the run around.
I’ll be calling my credit card company tomorrow to file a complaint.

C.g.

Was SG the only place you seen these kits? Pretty much was common knowledge that these kits had unfinished "in the white" barrels that still needed work.

Link Posted: 12/19/2009 6:15:26 AM EDT
[#9]
Press on the sight base, drill pin holes, taper ream and pin, parkerize the barrel and  screw on the flash hider.  Pretty easy.  Kits are as new...barrel is brand new. After all, it's just a parts kit what more can you ask for?
Link Posted: 12/19/2009 1:52:18 PM EDT
[#10]
I just put one together for a neighbor today. The only thing missing was the disconnector. Barrel was as stated elsewhere in this thread, in the white, with the front sight grooves not milled out. All in all the kit was in exceptionally good condition, was just surprised that the kit came with a full auto selector ,bolt, and auto sear/pin .
The barrel did have the gas port drilled in the correct place and the flash hider threads were very clean. Very easy kit to put together, and I was surprised at the quality of his lower receiver, which was a Gunsmoke enterprises unit. I had always heard bad things about their company.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top