Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/1/2010 1:53:18 PM EDT
Who makes a better BCG? Mil-Spec ? Monkey Slayer? SHTF BCG? any comments or opinions?

I would like to buy at (2) more BCGs for spares.
Link Posted: 9/1/2010 2:01:09 PM EDT
[#1]
I like DD better, and available from AIM for $129.95 shipped.
Link Posted: 9/1/2010 2:05:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Both companies state they are very closely following the current spec for military grade bolt groups (both in steel quality and inspection/testing).

Spikes has a good reputation for quality and stated they will soon post the tech specs for thier products.

I don't know if they completely follow the published inspection process as far as Bravo Company does at this point.

I would go for the Bravo Company bolt group. I have been using their bolt groups and parts for a few years now with good results.

Link Posted: 9/1/2010 2:06:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Both companies state they are very closely following the current spec for military grade bolt groups (both in steel quality and inspection/testing).

Spikes has a good reputation for quality and stated they will soon post the tech specs for thier products.

I don't know if they completely follow the published inspection process as far as Bravo Company does at this point.

I would go for the Bravo Company bolt group. I have been using their bolt groups and parts for a few years now with good results.

+1

Bill
Link Posted: 9/1/2010 2:14:35 PM EDT
[#4]
BCM would be my pick too.

J
Link Posted: 9/1/2010 2:17:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Flip a coin. I doubt it would make a difference.
Link Posted: 9/1/2010 2:18:09 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

I like DD better, and available from AIM for $129.95 shipped.

Good Stuff, but alas , sold out

Link Posted: 9/1/2010 3:25:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Nice thing about the Spikes is they offer it with Fail Zero coating for a little more, I have two of these and have been very happy with both the 5.56mm and the 6.8SPC. Both have functioned flawlessly for me to date.
Link Posted: 9/1/2010 3:28:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Just ordered from BCM last evening.

I guess that means that they got my vote, doesn't it? Still hoping they will ship today.

Edit: I just got notified that they shipped today!!
Link Posted: 9/1/2010 4:09:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Between the two you mention it would be BCM.  Spikes may be just as good but until Tom posts the documentation that he promissed months ago it isn't worth taking the chance on such an important part of your rifle. This comes from someone who has a middy waiting to be assembled by them. I have tried to stay out of the  fuss he and grant got into, but it sure would be nice to see the documentation to put a end to all the rumors.
Link Posted: 9/1/2010 4:25:14 PM EDT
[#10]
I recently purchased a Spikes lower. However, when it came to selecting a BCG, I went with BCM. Nothing against Spikes . . . I have simply had excellent experiences with BCM BCGs.
Link Posted: 9/1/2010 6:02:56 PM EDT
[#11]
Well, what about the LMT or Daniel Defense? I hear they are made to mil-spec standards is that correct to assume? I would look at them also. Does BCM make their BCG completely themselves or get parts

from other manufacturers?
Link Posted: 9/1/2010 6:03:03 PM EDT
[#12]
AIM will have the DD's back in stock on Friday.
Link Posted: 9/1/2010 6:07:40 PM EDT
[#13]
BCM. Cheaper than Colt and are tested.
Link Posted: 9/1/2010 6:24:50 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Well, what about the LMT or Daniel Defense? I hear they are made to mil-spec standards is that correct to assume? I would look at them also. Does BCM make their BCG completely themselves or get parts

Im picky with BCG

I would buy LMT in a heart beat or Colt

Dont care about a few bucks saved at all

Link Posted: 9/1/2010 6:35:17 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Im picky with BCG

I would buy LMT in a heart beat or Colt

Dont care about a few bucks saved at all

But wut about LMT MIM Gas Keys!!1!

Seriously OP, I doubt you will ever notice a difference with either.

Link Posted: 9/1/2010 8:37:08 PM EDT
[#16]
The logo.
Link Posted: 9/1/2010 8:48:04 PM EDT
[#17]
I really don't think there's a difference, but I buy BCM's.  If I needed one and was over at Spikes or BCM was out, I'd buy one of theirs.  All the ones mentioned make fine stuff.
Link Posted: 9/1/2010 9:09:58 PM EDT
[#18]
IIRC spikes bcg are outsourced to a very reputable company... forget the name right now though.
Link Posted: 9/1/2010 9:11:54 PM EDT
[#19]
Fail Zero...hands down better than both
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top