Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 913
Link Posted: 3/15/2012 1:40:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Isn't there another style wrench that DD has?
Link Posted: 3/15/2012 1:44:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By DocBach:
Goddammit i had to pay 15 bucks for that disposable wrench

Well, I'm about to have to pay $40 to get someone to do it for me, plus eventually buy a more permanent tool
Link Posted: 3/15/2012 2:10:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/15/2012 2:41:01 PM EDT
[#4]
How does this one hold up?

Link Posted: 3/15/2012 2:42:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By new-arguy:
I don't know the time line, but at first none of the rails came with a tool and you had to buy a steel wrench, they were good and lasted a long time, although not forever. Then, they came out with less expensive tools that were cheap to purchase, and eventually, they just started throwing a tool in the box of every rail. These tools really aren't good for more than about one use. They are probably aluminum and after you get a little torque on them, the teeth will start to round or or the wrench stretches or both. All most people will ever, ever, need is a single use wrench, so I though it was great to see them in the box.

Yep, the wrench stretches AND the teeth round. Double fail. Hopefully, the smith can just tighten the nut on the slot because I REALLY want to shoot this weekend.
Link Posted: 3/15/2012 2:44:07 PM EDT
[#6]

That's what I have, it's lasted through 2 RIS installs and 1 Lite install, and it also happens to work on receiver extension castle nuts, which I have used it for a dozen times.  Still looks and works great.
Link Posted: 3/15/2012 4:50:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Here is my MK12 MOD1 and M4A1 SOPMOD Block II

http://s14.postimage.org/xah3r3jip/ar_s_2.jpg

http://s15.postimage.org/jrkzgro9n/ar_s.jpg

http://s17.postimage.org/jxzjz2isv/m4a1.jpg

Upper-Daniel Defense Mid-Length, RIS II in FDE, KAC BUIS's (300m rear), BCM charging handle, JoJo Brake, M3X light, TD VFG, CQD sling mount
Lower-Noveske Lower, Daniel Defense LPK, CQD sling mount, Pinned LMT SOPMOD stock
Optic-Elcan Specter Dr FDE, military version
Sling- VTAC padden (tan) with HK clips (Not Shown)

Link Posted: 3/15/2012 4:59:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By 11bway2b:
Here is my MK12 MOD1 and M4A1 SOPMOD Block II

<a href="http://postimage.org/" target="_blank">http://s14.postimage.org/xah3r3jip/ar_s_2.jpg</a>

<a href="http://postimage.org/" target="_blank">http://s15.postimage.org/jrkzgro9n/ar_s.jpg</a>

<a href="http://postimage.org/" target="_blank">http://s17.postimage.org/jxzjz2isv/m4a1.jpg</a>

Upper-Daniel Defense Mid-Length, RIS II in FDE, KAC BUIS's (300m rear), BCM charging handle, JoJo Brake, M3X light, TD VFG, CQD sling mount
Lower-Noveske Lower, Daniel Defense LPK, CQD sling mount, Pinned LMT SOPMOD stock
Optic-Elcan Specter Dr FDE, military version
Sling- VTAC padden (tan) with HK clips (Not Shown)

That's a lot of money sitting on that table.  Both look fantastic!
Link Posted: 3/15/2012 5:06:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 11bway2b] [#9]
Thanks man, the M4A1 is basically as done as I can get it, the MK12 I still need to add a few little things (sling, sling mount).  

Thats some hard earned deployment money right there!  haha

I also have my ATF form 1 in and waiting to get it back to build a MK18 clone as well!

Can anyone tell me what is the correct charging handle for the M4A1 and where I can grab one?

Link Posted: 3/15/2012 5:21:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dangerdan] [#10]
Thanks man, the M4A1 is basically as done as I can get it, the MK12 I still need to add a few little things (sling, sling mount).  

I also have my ATF form 1 in and waiting to get it back to build a MK18 clone as well!

Can anyone tell me what is the correct charging handle for the M4A1 and where I can grab one?

If you live in a state that it's OK to own a suppresor and/or plan to buy a suppressor, get the PRI Gas Buster. It's available at alot of retailers. Give BCM or Rainier Arms a try.

If not, just use what you got and save the $40 difference on other stuff. The Gas Buster is about $85 new.

ETA: You can't have a collapsable stock, but you can have an SBR?  weird..
Link Posted: 3/15/2012 5:28:22 PM EDT
[#11]
What do y'all think about an Elcan mis-marked "7.62" not "5.56"?  I can get one, but am just not sure if that is the way to go...
Link Posted: 3/15/2012 5:32:21 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By dangerdan:

If you live in a state that it's OK to own a suppresor and/or plan to buy a suppressor, get the PRI Gas Buster. It's available at alot of retailers. Give BCM or Rainier Arms a try.

If not, just use what you got and save the $40 difference on other stuff. The Gas Buster is about $85 new.

Unfortunately I live in Massachusetts (hence the JoJo brake and the USGI mags),  I was going to go with the PRI just like on my MK12, but I just had never been able to find anything that was definite about what was actually issued!
Link Posted: 3/15/2012 5:34:05 PM EDT
[#13]
The last of the Gen 3 SU-230's from Kerif is on the way to Nacogdoches, TX
Link Posted: 3/15/2012 5:36:37 PM EDT
[#14]

Nice!

Mounted my new one on the block 1.5 to see if I liked it on there. I do not.
Link Posted: 3/15/2012 5:44:09 PM EDT
[#15]

Unfortunately I live in Massachusetts (hence the JoJo brake and the USGI mags),  I was going to go with the PRI just like on my MK12, but I just had never been able to find anything that was definite about what was actually issued!

Originally Posted By Augee:
Originally Posted By Bonez556:
Can anyone tell me what that the correct charging handle is? ( other than the standard CH ) Sorry if this has already been gone over.

If not standard the PRI M84 Gasbuster and the Crane "SOPMOD extended latch" are issued as Crane "Program" parts, or at least show up on Crane PowerPoints.

A lot of units have bought various different kinds of extended latches like the Badger tac-latch - not to mention individual users with their own preferences and can buy whatever charging handle or latch they choose.

"Correct charging handle" is like "correct stock."  Too easy for the enduser to change, plenty of "program" options, and too much variability to get into a palsy over.

~Augee
Link Posted: 3/15/2012 5:57:21 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By ragincajun1919:

Nice!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v217/punkrockpoet/f90129c1.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v217/punkrockpoet/d5d5971e.jpg

You whore ... I want one, but I'm too damn poor.
Link Posted: 3/15/2012 6:11:06 PM EDT
[#17]
Yay!  I finally got ahold of a front sight!

Link Posted: 3/15/2012 6:17:40 PM EDT
[#18]

PRI Gas Buster is an option, I think Augee said that Badger latches and an extended "Crane" latch is also used.
Link Posted: 3/15/2012 7:31:33 PM EDT
[#19]
I've seen the Badger latch, but where can I get one of the Crane extended latches?
Link Posted: 3/15/2012 7:36:05 PM EDT
[#20]
Model 1 Sales did have them.
Link Posted: 3/15/2012 7:41:18 PM EDT
[#21]
I saw that on there, is it the entire charging handle assembly or just the latch itself?  It doesnt seem like a bad price, but I've seen mixed reviews of Model 1 sales online so wasn't to sure to order from them.
Link Posted: 3/15/2012 7:53:34 PM EDT
[#22]
I have a crane latch I'm not using, it actually sucks ass to use.
Link Posted: 3/15/2012 8:04:08 PM EDT
[#23]
ya?  Maybe I'll just stick with the PRI, I like it alont on my MK12
Link Posted: 3/15/2012 8:06:59 PM EDT
[#24]
I love mine, if nothing else, the way it helps divert the gas out the side.
Link Posted: 3/15/2012 9:15:24 PM EDT
[#25]

Nice!

Don't hate now.. Me and my girl busting a few silhouettes. She shot very well.

Link Posted: 3/15/2012 9:30:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: osha] [#26]
Eww, SERPA. Hot-chick-holding-gun makes up for it though.

Shit, page ownage:

Link Posted: 3/15/2012 9:34:01 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By osha:

Nice!

You whore ... I want one, but I'm too damn poor.

I cant seem to get excited about them, Ive had enough a few times to buy one but its never been high enough of my list of wants to warrant purchase.  Ill wait for SOCOM's next carbine optic to come out in 5 years or so.
Link Posted: 3/15/2012 9:36:01 PM EDT
[#28]

Originally Posted By GAshooter11:

Don't hate now.. Me and my girl busting a few silhouettes. She shot very well.

http://i1020.photobucket.com/albums/af328/nicCartel/e776c9f0.jpg

http://i1020.photobucket.com/albums/af328/nicCartel/a9c3dd75.jpg

Okay this is bullshit.  Two Elcans AND a hot dame? Fuck it, I quit.

Link Posted: 3/15/2012 9:42:47 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By osha:
Eww, SERPA. Hot-chick-holding-gun makes up for it though.

Shit, page ownage:

http://www.tactical-life.com/online/wp-content/uploads/2008/07/daniel-defense-risii-1.gif

That stock looks like it's missing something
Link Posted: 3/15/2012 9:46:11 PM EDT
[#30]
Haha, not my picture. Daniel Defense's.

I would post a picture of my rifle, but since KAC didn't win the contract for the RIS II, it wouldn't be welcome.
Link Posted: 3/15/2012 9:48:26 PM EDT
[#31]
Block II upper is on it's way back to me after having ADCO work their magic. Hopefully my T-1 ships tomorrow and I can get some pics up early next week.
Link Posted: 3/15/2012 11:23:30 PM EDT
[#32]
I need a new lower for my block 1.5.... Highly considering the KAC SR15 lower, because used colt lowers are so damn expensive!
Link Posted: 3/16/2012 8:16:13 AM EDT
[#33]
I need a new lower for my block 1.5.... Highly considering the KAC SR15 lower, because used colt lowers are so damn expensive!

Yeah, 'cause the KAC lower at $700-ish is just chump change.

Link Posted: 3/16/2012 8:44:17 AM EDT
[Last Edit: thebomber] [#34]
Originally Posted By Rothbard:

When you have  Elcan 1 and Elcan 2, it just may be chump change

Link Posted: 3/16/2012 8:47:15 AM EDT
[#35]

Colt lower with standard m4 stock -550
KAC lower with full ambi controls, SOPMOD stock, 2stage trigger, built in QD- 750

Colt seems like a rip
Link Posted: 3/16/2012 8:58:09 AM EDT
[#36]
Y'all are nuts for paying that much for some fk'n roll marks.

Link Posted: 3/16/2012 9:02:18 AM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By RTUtah:

I feel like a chump with my SBR'ed DPMS lower.  My wife bought it for me when we first started dating many moons ago.  I SBR'ed it right away and have had it ever since.
Link Posted: 3/16/2012 9:13:36 AM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By Socomike:

I feel like a chump with my SBR'ed DPMS lower.  My wife bought it for me when we first started dating many moons ago.  I SBR'ed it right away and have had it ever since.

I don't really see anything wrong with a dpms lower or any brand really, I'm just looking at what comes with it. The SR-5 lower seems to be a nice setup, that pre-built and ready to go. I want to try a 2stage trigger and figured this would be a good way.
Link Posted: 3/16/2012 9:20:39 AM EDT
[#39]

I don't really see anything wrong with a dpms lower or any brand really, I'm just looking at what comes with it. The SR-5 lower seems to be a nice setup, that pre-built and ready to go. I want to try a 2stage trigger and figured this would be a good way.

Stripped NoDak A1s are ~$175 plus an LPK with your choice of trigger grouping and stock assembly...  You're looking WELL under $550 for all that with a 2-stage and SOPMOD.  But shit, if you've got the money, a KAC lower is DAMN sexy no doubt.

Link Posted: 3/16/2012 9:29:24 AM EDT
[#40]

KAC lower with full ambi controls, SOPMOD stock, 2stage trigger, built in QD- 750

Colt seems like a rip

LMT factory built lower assembly with SOPMOD is only $550

Link Posted: 3/16/2012 9:40:26 AM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By thebomber:

Colt seems like a rip

LMT factory built lower assembly with SOPMOD is only $550

So many choices.
Link Posted: 3/16/2012 9:42:09 AM EDT
[#42]
As I said yesterday, the big brown truck brought me some goodies.

Went with the FSP model as the KAC sights are DAMN expensive! Every single part on the upper is Daniel Defense. Still haven't decided if I want the SOPMOD stock yet. Next up is a EOTech 553 or an Aimpoint T1 on a KAC riser. Still deciding!

Link Posted: 3/16/2012 9:48:43 AM EDT
[#43]
So I need help deciding a sling for my Block 1.5. I've got a CQD plate and front mount in the mail already. I was thinking originally for a Tan CQD Sling, but now I'm thinking black, which one do you think I should go with?
Link Posted: 3/16/2012 9:49:19 AM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By kdoggy:
As I said yesterday, the big brown truck brought me some goodies.

Went with the FSP model as the KAC sights are DAMN expensive! Every single part on the upper is Daniel Defense. Still haven't decided if I want the SOPMOD stock yet. Next up is a EOTech 553 or an Aimpoint T1 on a KAC riser. Still deciding!

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj3/roadblockxl/AR%20Rifles/DSC09073Medium.jpg

Nice stick. Check out the Eotech EXPS3-0T also.

Link Posted: 3/16/2012 9:50:02 AM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By Tmender03:
So I need help deciding a sling for my Block 1.5. I've got a CQD plate and front mount in the mail already. I was thinking originally for a Tan CQD Sling, but now I'm thinking black, which one do you think I should go with?

Post up a pick of the rifle so we can see which would look better.

Link Posted: 3/16/2012 9:54:53 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Tmender03] [#46]

I have a Tan Sopmod "2nd Gen" on the way, but here's a basic picture
ETA I plan on upgrading to a RIS II sometime this year (or so is the goal).

Link Posted: 3/16/2012 10:20:08 AM EDT
[#47]

Mines built on a $100 CMMG receiver.
Link Posted: 3/16/2012 10:35:36 AM EDT
[#48]

I have actually really come to like my DPMS lower. It went together tight but exactly how it was supposed too. It has several thousand rounds through it and never had a pin back out or a problem dropping a mag free.  The LPK is a Spikes Enhanced kit and it has a great trigger pull with a clean break.  

If I were you, I would grab up a new M4 Carbine" marked Colt lower.  They are pretty highly sought after and will only go up in value for sure.
Link Posted: 3/16/2012 10:44:32 AM EDT
[#49]

http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll35/joshauclarkson/photo.jpg
http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll35/joshauclarkson/IMG_20101226_085828-1.jpg

You won't go wrong with black.That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Link Posted: 3/16/2012 10:46:17 AM EDT
[#50]

http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll35/joshauclarkson/photo.jpg
http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll35/joshauclarkson/IMG_20101226_085828-1.jpg

You won't go wrong with black.That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Might just get that used Black CQD on the EE then. I might still check locally and see what else they have too.
Page / 913
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top