Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/27/2011 12:44:17 AM EDT
I am kicking around the idea of putting a 20 inch rifle upper on a lower that I have that has the carbine collapsible stock.  What all do I need to change buffer spring and buffer wise to make this work?  Or will it run fine on the H2 buffer I have in there with the carbine buffer spring?

Also if any body has pics of there own setup like this I would love to see them.
Link Posted: 7/27/2011 2:57:52 AM EDT
[#1]
This one:

is, so far, running just dandy on a regular (non H) carbine buffer and spring.
Link Posted: 7/27/2011 3:16:00 AM EDT
[#2]
Basically, just put the Rifle upper on your carbine lower then go shoot.

Search C7A2 rifles.
C7A2
Link Posted: 7/27/2011 4:12:14 AM EDT
[#3]
Get the Vltor A5 system, minus a stock if you do not need it
Link Posted: 7/27/2011 4:42:45 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I am kicking around the idea of putting a 20 inch rifle upper on a lower that I have that has the carbine collapsible stock.  What all do I need to change buffer spring and buffer wise to make this work?  Or will it run fine on the H2 buffer I have in there with the carbine buffer spring?

Also if any body has pics of there own setup like this I would love to see them.

The H2 buffer is actually a fairly heavy buffer and should be fine with the 20" and rifle gas system. It is similar in weight to the rifle buffer that is used in the traditional fixed stocks.
The lighter CAR buffer would have been standard.

Link Posted: 7/27/2011 4:54:33 AM EDT
[#5]
It should run fine.  I have a 20" FN barrel on a carbine lower, and it ran fine with an H3 + Silver Bear ammo (forgot I had the H3 in there, but it worked out - very smooth shooting rifle).
Link Posted: 7/27/2011 2:58:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 7/27/2011 3:14:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Be careful. They are addictive. Then you'll need an A5 clone.

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4101/4895174208_bde489f7f4_z.jpg

That is sex. My next upper is going to be a 20" like this, but with an optic for ground hog killin'.
Link Posted: 7/27/2011 3:40:46 PM EDT
[#8]

Had a spikes 16" upper before sold and put on the 20"
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top