Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/13/2011 5:26:14 PM EDT
I have wanted to review my AR for some time now.  Since, I recently joined the forums there was no better time.

Not even a year ago I got my first AR-15.  And, since have purchased a few uppers, and upgrades, and recently build an LR-308.
I have the black rifle disease for sure!
I live in Kalifornia, where DPMS Panther lowers are not legal to own .  But, uppers are not restricted, so I purchased a DPMS Oracle upper.
The Oracle is composed of an A3 upper with a forward assist and dust cover.  The barrel is a 16" carbine length with a railed gasblock and flash hider.
This thing has never had a single misfeed, or other malfunction.  I have put about 2000 rounds through it.  It eats up all kinds of ammo.
I have tested Remington, Winchester, Fiocchi, PMC, Russian stuff, and others.  The Oracle has M4 feed ramps, which probably helps its reliability.

I originally went with DPMS for an entry AR-15.  But, after experiencing the quality of DPMS, I don't see any reason to upgrade.
DPMS makes some outstandingly affordable, yet amazingly performing products.  
I love this rifle.  I perform a lot of drills at the range, so this rifle sees hard use.  The DPMS Oracle upper is always up to the challenge.
If you are hesitant to try out any DPMS product, because of the low price, don't worry.  This is not a case of "you get what you pay for".
DPMS products are on par with products that will cost you much more $.
I do not work for, or have any affiliation with DPMS.  I don't own a gun shop or operate a website.  I just want to educate the public.
Every citizen should have and be familiar with their county's battle rifle, and DPMS products make that possible.
Rant over.

Here are a couple pics:

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6113/6242293016_6647439989_b.jpg

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6118/6241777915_80bd93ae40_b.jpg

Here is a pic next to my DPMS LR-308 build:

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6220/6242290206_472aace403_b.jpg

The Oracle upper is mated to a Plum Crazy lower.  List of other parts:

Falcon Industries F93 carbine stock
Matech rear BUIS
YHM front BUIS
Bushnell Trophy TRS-25
UTG .83" riser
NC Star handguard rail
ATI handguard swivel stud
Promag ambidextrous sling plate
Link Posted: 10/13/2011 5:48:38 PM EDT
[#1]
nice economical setup..

go easy on the PC lower..
Link Posted: 10/13/2011 6:34:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Well, I wouldn't call it a "battle rifle," maybe the 308 :)

All kidding aside, welcome fellow Kalifornian, and not a bad pair of boomsticks you got there. My very first AR upper was a DPMS as well.
Link Posted: 10/14/2011 9:17:11 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/14/2011 9:38:34 AM EDT
[#4]
Nice...my Oracle is still sending rounds downrange. I guess close to 4000 rounds of M193 and M855.
Link Posted: 10/14/2011 2:46:38 PM EDT
[#5]
I lol'd. This is one of very few nice things I have seen about DPMS.. Glad to hear yours are good to go. A buddy of mine had many problems with his..
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top