Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/5/2012 3:15:25 PM EDT
Any reviews on the Core 15 rifle's? Local shop has one for a decent price, cheap enough for a "beater" to keep in the truck if it is good 2 go....
Granted, I already have a couple Colt's (3 M4's) a couple Sabre's, and a Smith Tactical, oh then theres the 2 LRB's and the 2 CMT's and the CMMG...... I just like AR's and need another like a hole in the head lol.
Link Posted: 4/5/2012 3:19:58 PM EDT
[#1]
I dont think I have ever heard of them, do you have a link to their webpage?
Link Posted: 4/5/2012 3:27:09 PM EDT
[#2]
I saw one today also....

They were asking $850 for it.
Link Posted: 4/5/2012 3:29:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/5/2012 3:32:29 PM EDT
[#4]
I just got a Nickle Boron BGC from them. Ready so see how it works.
Link Posted: 4/6/2012 4:38:47 AM EDT
[#5]
Yea I noticed that they are an industry partner. The rifle itself is 1/7 twist, M4 profile, double heat shields, MPT bolt and M16 carrier, mil spec action tube. It also had nice machining and fit and finish looked good. It did however have a horribly sticky selector switch, and ccording to there web site 4140 steel barrels. Looks pretty decent on paper, should work well as a back up rifle if a bunch of go-rilla's didn't assemble them...
Link Posted: 4/6/2012 5:49:44 AM EDT
[#6]
I have one of their charging handles, the quality and finish is comparable if not better than my BCM Gunfighter CH. I would not hesitate to pick up a rifle from them if I had the extra $ to do so.
Link Posted: 4/6/2012 1:46:40 PM EDT
[#7]
in Feb.2012, I bought the CORE15   M4 16" Flat Top - Gas..... It was my first AR. Walked out the door of my dealer for $790 inc. Tax, title & License...lol   I Had a Bushmaster, DPMS &  a RRA laying on the counter when he showed me this rifle. I put it in my hands and fell in love with it. It was $100 more than the DPMS and Bushmaster and $50 less than the RRA. I picked the CORE15 and took it home.. Dropped AIMSPORTS quadrails on her.. Leppers Mil-Dot Gen5 Optic & UTG 150 Lumen Light & Laser with a UTG combat foregrip, coi-tech bungee single point sling.. I have ran about 1000 rnds out of her so far, Brass, Steel Case, FMJ, HP, SP, BTHP.... zero malfunctions.  I did put a BCM extractor upgrade in the BCG immediately before firing it. I am extremely happy with my purchase, everyone who has fired it is very impressed with its accuracy and smothness and how well built the rifle is. KUDOS to Core15. I will continue to purchase Full Builds from CORE 15
Link Posted: 4/6/2012 1:58:21 PM EDT
[#8]
All i know about them is they are made less then 8 miles from my house.
Link Posted: 4/6/2012 3:30:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I dont think I have ever heard of them, do you have a link to their webpage?

23538 posts and you've never heard of Core15?

The birds are coming off your epaulets and being replaced with a couple of stripes Colonel.
Link Posted: 4/6/2012 4:15:19 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I just got a Nickle Boron BGC from them. Ready so see how it works.

Buddy of mine just finished his build with one of their 18" stainless "3 groove polygonal" barrels charging handle and nickle boron bcg.

First thing was the barrel was very clearly NOT 3 groove polygonal, it was traditional cut 6 groove, no big deal because he didn't care and it still shot very well. When he called about it they just said "yea thats the right barrel" but he said whoever he spoke to didn't sound too sure of what they were talking about.

The bcg had some rough machining marks on it and when installed it wouldn't go into battery. After troubleshooting we determined the ID of the gas key was undersized. Core15 said they had a batch that they hadn't accounted for the thickness of the NiB so they paid postage for him to send it back for replacement, that was a few days ago so he hasn't gotten the replacement.

The charging handle was nice, like others said a lot like the gunfighter.

All in all after what I've seen I have been contemplating using the same barrel my friend got because it is a nice barrel, as long as you aren't looking for polygonal, as for the bgc I'd pass and go with a Spikes or something else for a little more.

ETA it was a Blakhole Weaponry barrel that core15 sells.
Link Posted: 4/6/2012 4:29:46 PM EDT
[#11]
Core 15 is GTG.
Link Posted: 4/6/2012 4:58:07 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
in Feb.2012, I bought the CORE15   M4 16" Flat Top - Gas..... It was my first AR. Walked out the door of my dealer for $790 inc. Tax, title & License...lol   I Had a Bushmaster, DPMS &  a RRA laying on the counter when he showed me this rifle. I put it in my hands and fell in love with it. It was $100 more than the DPMS and Bushmaster and $50 less than the RRA. I picked the CORE15 and took it home.. Dropped AIMSPORTS quadrails on her.. Leppers Mil-Dot Gen5 Optic & UTG 150 Lumen Light & Laser with a UTG combat foregrip, coi-tech bungee single point sling.. I have ran about 1000 rnds out of her so far, Brass, Steel Case, FMJ, HP, SP, BTHP.... zero malfunctions.  I did put a BCM extractor upgrade in the BCG immediately before firing it. I am extremely happy with my purchase, everyone who has fired it is very impressed with its accuracy and smothness and how well built the rifle is. KUDOS to Core15. I will continue to purchase Full Builds from CORE 15

I don't know how we can trust u quite yet because this is your first post not trying to bite u right away but this seems to happen around here. But I have had great exp, with them got a upper from them to replace my DPMS A2 upper and gave me M4 feed ramps and every thing. good stuff for the price they kinda remind me of PSA but less known.
Link Posted: 4/6/2012 6:22:04 PM EDT
[#13]
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top