Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/29/2012 11:08:51 AM EDT
I have a Daniel Defense uppermthat I have tried to connect to two different lowers I have and it is just ever so slightly loose. Its not real bad but it does wobblejusta hair from side to side. Is there a way to fix this? I also have a DPMS upper that fits good and snug on both lowers so I know its not the lowers thatare the problem.
Link Posted: 4/29/2012 11:14:44 AM EDT
[#1]
its fine If your that worried about it get an Accu wedge from brownells or get an o ring. I had an accuwedge on my ar because of loose fit it bother me but now I dont care so I don't use it. its up to you.
Link Posted: 4/29/2012 11:15:02 AM EDT
[#2]
This is a normal situation. Just let it be and shoot it.

Link Posted: 4/29/2012 11:26:47 AM EDT
[#3]
My concern was the slight wobble from right to left would affect my Eotech...and for that matter my iron sights accuracy. Is that not the case?
Link Posted: 4/29/2012 11:28:44 AM EDT
[#4]
Its all connected to the upper, so you shouldn't have any accuracy issues if you have a good sight picture.
Link Posted: 4/29/2012 11:37:09 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
My concern was the slight wobble from right to left would affect my Eotech...and for that matter my iron sights accuracy. Is that not the case?

not the case, F/R sights and Eotech are all on the upper.

I hate the wobble too so I krazy glued a small piece of beer can aluminum to the side of front pivot. Try it; you don’t have to glue it.

Link Posted: 4/29/2012 1:39:34 PM EDT
[#6]
its normal wont affect accuracy...a loaded 30 rd mag helps cancel out that wobblea little plays good for a field rifle or one thats gonna be used as such..too tight defeats the purpose.
Link Posted: 4/29/2012 2:46:04 PM EDT
[#7]
As everyone has said it is normal and won't effect accuracy or sighting. This question is asked so many times I wish they would make a sticky for it.
Link Posted: 4/29/2012 2:51:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks guys, I am fine with the wiggle if it doesnt affect the accuracy. That was my main concern, I will just get used to it.
Link Posted: 4/29/2012 3:28:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Very slight movement (almost imperceptible) is normal. A wobble is not normal! Quit parroting crap you've read on the nets! It's normal for ragged out M-16's that are in dire need of replacement. Only you can tell what's too much. Go to your local LGS and handle several complete AR's. Do they feel as loose as yours? Are you satisfied with your product? If no, then send that crap back and make them do it over! If it were me and I just shelled out close to a grand for an upper, it better be tight. Yes, functioning is paramount, but it should actually fit as well. If shrubmaster and boulder strewn waterway can get it right, then DD damn sure better step up to the plate at the prices they charge. JMHO, do what makes you satisfied. Oh...in before some noob tries to put me in my place by saying that it's the normal state of affairs (since he read it last month on the nets). Get bent! It's not your money! The O.P paid the money and he should get the rifle they should have sent him in the first place. Daniel Defense is a respected, well thought of company and I'm sure they'll take care of you. I almost pulled the trigger on a DD a short time ago. They are nice! Good luck O.P.

Konger
Link Posted: 4/30/2012 2:37:27 PM EDT
[#10]
SHIMS

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/148030/power-custom-upper-and-lower-receiver-shim-kit-ar-15-package-of-10
Link Posted: 5/1/2012 1:34:33 PM EDT
[#11]
on my old dpms build i cross sectioned a small piece of fuel line and stuffed it in the rear shelf.  homemade 'accuwedge.'

on my 2nd build i didn't give a crap.
Link Posted: 5/1/2012 2:05:40 PM EDT
[#12]
i would go for an oring around the pivot and takedown ears before something like the accuwedge as the o ring is a lot less likely to move on you and get caught in the fcg.
I don't think a gun should wobble either and i think it can have an effect on accuracy.
Link Posted: 5/1/2012 3:11:48 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 5/1/2012 3:21:22 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I don't think a gun should wobble either and i think it can have an effect on accuracy.

A loose upper/lower fit i not going to effect accuracy. I use to think the same thing .

Link Posted: 5/1/2012 4:17:48 PM EDT
[#15]
Theres a gauge that fits between the 2 front take down pin holes in the lower..yes sometimes through service use they spread to where they become unserviceable...everything else short of that is GTG..ive seen real worn M16s used in basic training still able to be shot expert in the hands of a good shooter.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top