Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 12/21/2013 3:31:07 AM EDT
Should I add one to my 6940? If so, which one -- Mod 3 or Mod 4?

Thanks very much for your input.  Merry Christmas to you all!  
Link Posted: 12/21/2013 3:49:26 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/21/2013 3:49:50 AM EDT
[#2]
MOD 3 here. Love it. Didn't see a need in an AMBI one. Highly recommend a BAD lever at the same time.
Link Posted: 12/21/2013 4:05:11 AM EDT
[#3]
they are a great upgrade. I belive they have some screw ups they are labeling as trainer charging handles that arnt perfect that they are selling for $25, and BMC claims they function correctly. so if you dont need the fancy lable and want function on the cheap, thats the way to go to feel them out.

B.A.D. lever as mentioned is also a nice feature. I think they are over priced for what they are, and shoud be 1/2 the price, but I still buy them.
Link Posted: 12/21/2013 4:12:18 AM EDT
[#4]
this is all you need to know about the BCM CH:

they go in ALL your ARs.
Link Posted: 12/21/2013 4:13:26 AM EDT
[#5]
i personlly would do just fine with one of the blem handles.  over time, gun powder stains the white lettering anyway  
Link Posted: 12/21/2013 4:16:12 AM EDT
[#6]
They are completely worth the cost. I really thought, "how much can you possibly improve on a charging handle?" But they are much better.

Try it you'll like it.
Link Posted: 12/21/2013 5:31:36 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
They are completely worth the cost. I really thought, "how much can you possibly improve on a charging handle?" But they are much better.

Try it you'll like it.
View Quote

Concur.

Unless you are going to carry your rifle slung over your back frequently, get the biggest one.
Link Posted: 12/21/2013 6:52:44 AM EDT
[#8]
I agree with everyone else. They are worth the money and I have them on all of my ARs.
Link Posted: 12/21/2013 6:58:06 AM EDT
[#9]
I personally like the Raptor Ambi Charging handle.

BCM makes great products too.
Link Posted: 12/21/2013 7:08:48 AM EDT
[#10]
Merry Christmas to you,and i think you should add mod 4 http://goo.gl/beUqKC
Link Posted: 12/21/2013 7:26:36 AM EDT
[#11]
I've got a few, definitely a must have.

I prefer the mod 4 over the mod 3, the 3 is huge.

I don't understand the need for an ambi handle. I can manipulate a standard with both hands without thinking about it.

Link Posted: 12/21/2013 7:40:52 AM EDT
[#12]
I have 5.56 and 7.62 versions. they are nice for getting around an optic.
Link Posted: 12/21/2013 7:41:56 AM EDT
[#13]
I can't really see the point of them. I have zero trouble manipulating my stock chs and ive never busted one in class or anything...

What's the big advantage(s) that justify the cost?

Link Posted: 12/21/2013 7:45:32 AM EDT
[#14]
This one for only $25.95:

BCMGUNFIGHTER Charging Handle (5.56mm/.223) w/ Mod 4 TRAINING USE ONLY SAMPLE

One for every AR you own.
Link Posted: 12/21/2013 7:50:14 AM EDT
[#15]
Thanks for the great input gentlemen.  It's much appreciated.  

Just ordered two Mod 4's from Bravo Company.
Link Posted: 12/21/2013 8:31:00 AM EDT
[#16]

I ordered a few of these a couple of weeks ago and couldn't find any flaws in the ones I received.  Does anybody know what the "minor variances on non critical dimensions" are?
Link Posted: 12/21/2013 8:41:03 AM EDT
[#17]
Honestly I think you should get a Rainier Raptor charging handle. It's ambidextrous but it's a solid charging handle that is much better than the BCM brands (matter of fact bought this off the BCM website a while back) and really love it even though I'm not left handed.

Check out the youtube videos on it and see for yourself if you'd like it. It feels different and thicker than the other brands.
Link Posted: 12/21/2013 8:47:32 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I can't really see the point of them. I have zero trouble manipulating my stock chs and ive never busted one in class or anything...

View Quote

If you have scope it can be very difficult to charge the weapon. A longer handle allows you to charge from one hand from the side.
Link Posted: 12/21/2013 8:54:58 AM EDT
[#19]
I like the MOD5 (small latch)

I use a 2 point sling and I didn't want the gigantic charging handles unlocking my bolt by dragging across my chest.  May be a non issue but I have no complaints with the small latch.

Link Posted: 12/21/2013 8:56:51 AM EDT
[#20]
Also when you wear gloves such as Mechanix brand as I do when I use my AR, the big Ambi Mod 4 is a lot easier to get a grip on then the smaller mil spec CH.
Link Posted: 12/21/2013 9:27:47 AM EDT
[#21]
Just ordered a blem mod 4 . Thanks for the info on that!
Link Posted: 12/21/2013 9:39:50 AM EDT
[#22]
Right now I run a PRI Gasbuster on my MK 18; does the newer versions of the BCMs help mitigate gas blow back too? The images show a ridge type thing on the top but I can't tell if that is for looks or function.
Link Posted: 12/21/2013 9:51:36 AM EDT
[#23]
The dam on top is supposed to help with blowback, not sure how it compares to the gas buster.  You can always do the RTV mod if it's an issue.
Link Posted: 12/21/2013 9:58:34 AM EDT
[#24]
The link to the discounted ones wont work for me. I need a coupke of the blems/training use only ones. Can somebody point me to who has the training use only ones?
Link Posted: 12/21/2013 10:33:06 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
The link to the discounted ones wont work for me. I need a coupke of the blems/training use only ones. Can somebody point me to who has the training use only ones?
View Quote

That would be BCM\\
Link Posted: 12/21/2013 10:50:26 AM EDT
[#26]
Mod 4 FTW
Link Posted: 12/21/2013 11:22:56 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote

they are over priced in my opinon yes.
I thoght the exsact same thing till i tried one, I couldnt even justify why I even took the gamble to buy one. I do not regret it.

its like the difrence between the toothbrush you get for free at a hotell when you forget yours, or a $3-$4 toothbrush you buy. they serve the same purpose, but I doupt you like the freebe better.
Link Posted: 12/21/2013 11:57:55 AM EDT
[#28]
I have several BCM charging handles.
But for the record I also have the Raptor, which I like a lot better.
I will over time replace the BCM's with Raptors.
Link Posted: 12/21/2013 12:14:34 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
This one for only $25.95:

BCMGUNFIGHTER Charging Handle (5.56mm/.223) w/ Mod 4 TRAINING USE ONLY SAMPLE

One for every AR you own.
View Quote

Thanks for the tip
Link Posted: 12/21/2013 12:27:38 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Yes mod 4
Or the Ambi
Or the Rapto Ambi

View Quote

Yep, I have the Mod 4 on my patrol rifle, love it.
Link Posted: 12/21/2013 12:31:53 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote

Sure, maybe you've never slipped. However,  I suspect that if you're the type that takes classes and trains regularly, you probably solve problems when they happen, not dwell on them and wonder what happened. You probably have slipped, and you just went at it again without thinking about it, solving the problem. I think that's a good thing. That said, supposing there really never was a problem, it's most likely because you put a lot of rightward pressure on the handle. I'm not so sure that's a good thing.

The standard handle is rounded, and the latch is rounded. Meanwhile, the BCM handle is somewhat hook shaped. There's barely any texture at all to the standard  latch, and that part's a third of the thickness of the handle. The BCM latch is the full thickness of the handle, it's longer, and it's aggressively textured. Everything in the design of the standard handle is trying to force you to use two hands, or at least that's how it looks to me.  But you can pull the BCM  back with one finger, to the left, right, or down the middle. When you pull it, it comes back, with no special effort or procedure.  

Beyond that, it's just not explainable. Try it, you'll like it. Spend the money, and plan to sell it later, but you won't sell it later.
Link Posted: 12/21/2013 12:40:57 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I like the MOD5 (small latch)

I use a 2 point sling and I didn't want the gigantic charging handles unlocking my bolt by dragging across my chest.  May be a non issue but I have no complaints with the small latch.

http://www.brownells.com/userdocs/products/p_100005369_4.jpg
View Quote

That shouldn't be a problem unless you're running around with your BCG locked back.....  
Link Posted: 12/21/2013 1:28:10 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I agree with everyone else. They are worth the money and I have them on all of my ARs.
View Quote

Same here!.............
Link Posted: 12/21/2013 1:44:42 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

That would be BCM\\
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That would be BCM\\

Like I said, link was broken. The BCM link worked thank you. And no need for the . I have been around this site long enough to follow links. And I did not know the blems where from BCM directly and not a retailer.

Link Posted: 12/21/2013 1:50:29 PM EDT
[#35]
I like mod 4.
Link Posted: 12/21/2013 1:54:13 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I like mod 4.
View Quote

After reading about them and the reviews I ordered 4 of the Mod4.

Link Posted: 12/21/2013 2:02:34 PM EDT
[#37]
I prefer the Mod 4 over the other sizes. I really liked that charging handle until I tried the Raptor. I gave all my BCM's away.
Link Posted: 12/21/2013 2:12:18 PM EDT
[#38]
I have 2 Mod 3's in large and 2 Mod 4's in medium.  I like both. I pick em up when Primary Arms has a deal.
Link Posted: 12/21/2013 2:24:19 PM EDT
[#39]
3's on all my ar15's
I use the 4 on my ar10's
B.A.D. lever and life is MUCH easier.
Link Posted: 12/21/2013 2:25:52 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I personally like the Raptor Ambi Charging handle.

BCM makes great products too.
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/21/2013 2:30:39 PM EDT
[#41]
Mod 3 here.  Been using it for a couple years now and I love it.
Link Posted: 12/21/2013 2:46:09 PM EDT
[#42]
Buy one and have NO complaints...
Link Posted: 12/21/2013 4:14:25 PM EDT
[#43]
They are excellent, I ran a mod4 until switching to a raptor which is overpriced IMO.  Only bitch about the Gunfighter was the sharp edges, and reason for the switch.
Link Posted: 12/21/2013 4:53:28 PM EDT
[#44]
Magpul improved trigger guard and BCM gunfighter is the only REQUIREMENT I have on all my ARs.  I have 3 mediums and 1 large.  Love them.
Link Posted: 12/21/2013 6:19:06 PM EDT
[#45]
Get the Rainier Arms Raptor you will be a happier man.
Link Posted: 12/21/2013 6:33:35 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Like I said, link was broken. The BCM link worked thank you. And no need for the . I have been around this site long enough to follow links. And I did not know the blems where from BCM directly and not a retailer.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That would be BCM\\

My apologies.  Too many people lately needing hand fed, and I was being unnecessarily jaded.  You are correct.
Link Posted: 12/21/2013 6:41:25 PM EDT
[#47]
I'm a BCM CH fanatic.  I have them on every AR I own.  With that said, I wouldn't mind trying out a Raptor.  Those things are getting rave reviews, and winning a lot of BCM fans over.
Link Posted: 12/21/2013 6:57:09 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Try it you'll like it.
View Quote

Nailed it.  This coming from a guy who thinks the stock M4/16 is a work of art.  Add a BCM charging handle and a Geissele trigger and call it a day.  Both will surprise you in what they add to the rifle.  Both may not seem worth the cost until you use them, but once you do, you will likely change your viewpoint.

Link Posted: 12/21/2013 7:03:01 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I'm a BCM CH fanatic.  I have them on every AR I own.  With that said, I wouldn't mind trying out a Raptor.  Those things are getting rave reviews, and winning a lot of BCM fans over.
View Quote

All of mine have the BCM except for my Rainier rifle, and it has the Raptor.  It is nice, but I don't think I will change them all over to it.

ETA:  I lied the MK18 does have the DD CH, it will likely get the BCM

The Fortis is an odd looking critter, have you seen that one?
Link Posted: 12/21/2013 7:03:18 PM EDT
[#50]
Who has BCM Blem gunfighter handles?  BCM???
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top