Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/30/2014 8:11:01 AM EDT
I want to build a shooting station on my back deck, but need some kind of brass catcher - I reload, don't want a mess, and hate picking up brass - not to mention having it flung out all across the back yard.  I shoot both rifles and pistols, and will NOT get or mount up a mount-on-gun brass catcher - they'd be alright on a benched AR, but totally ridiculous on a 1911 (IMHO, of course).
I am envisioning a catcher that is basically like a big butterfly net - a loose net on a big hoop, mounted on a pole that can be easily raised and lowered (like a mike stand), with the pole mounted into a simple tripod or similar base (again like a mike stand).  Plunk it down next to where you're standing or sitting, adjust height and shoot.  Has anyone out there ever something like this already in existence commercially, or am I going to have to invent and fab one?  Any pros/cons you can think of in either case?  If something like this already exists, please direct me toward it.  If not, investment venture capitalists are welcome...
Link Posted: 5/30/2014 8:40:46 AM EDT
[#1]
Something like this I think is what your envisioning.

Found this on google...It looks like this guy built some type of adjustable stand and attached the above brass catcher.  Looks like a good idea since you can adjust the pitch and height.  Could also do this with some type of small hole fishing net I would think.

Here is another option this.

Link Posted: 5/30/2014 9:41:48 AM EDT
[#2]
3bucc
Link Posted: 5/30/2014 10:35:43 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
3bucc
View Quote

Naaa, those things suck.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top