Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 205
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 12:48:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
View Quote

I think this is actually an amazing combo.  I ran a 1-6 razor as a proof of concept on a 10.3 300blk and I thought it was awesome.  May do it again with an NX8....
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 1:08:51 PM EDT
[#2]
View Quote
Careful. The front might fall off.

Link Posted: 4/26/2024 1:21:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JohnnyUtah427] [#3]
Originally Posted By Primetime_1:

I think this is actually an amazing combo.  I ran a 1-6 razor as a proof of concept on a 10.3 300blk and I thought it was awesome.  May do it again with an NX8....
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Primetime_1:

Thanks.  It feels really good as well.  Nice heads up with a light weight shorty....didn't think I'd like it as much, but it just works so well.

Originally Posted By 2Keylows:
Careful. The front might fall off.
https://i.imgur.com/jTso2Ot.jpg

Ouch.........

Thats a nice rifle there....what size BBs does it shoot?
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 1:58:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By JohnnyUtah427:
Thats a nice rifle there....what size BBs does it shoot?
View Quote
4.5mm according the the Urgi thread.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 11:56:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 12:39:10 AM EDT
[#6]
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File

New centurion taper bolt mated with the KAC mod2 barrel!
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 12:59:46 AM EDT
[#7]

Whats the deets on the barrel/rail combo? Gas length?

Do you have a surefire can?
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 3:36:18 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By slowkota1:

Whats the deets on the barrel/rail combo? Gas length?

Do you have a surefire can?
View Quote

It's a Geissele URG-I Near Clone upper - so the rail is a Geissele 13.5" SMR MK16, and the barrel is a Geissele 5.56MM 14.5" GOV profile, CHF, Chrome Lined, Mag Phos, ChromolyV, 1/7 Twist with mid-length gas.

I do not - it comes wiht the tuning fork at the end. My god it just takes moving the rifle around to make it sing.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 5:03:08 AM EDT
[#9]
View Quote

Holddd up, I recognize that Steiner

Looks right at home, just like that 8.5” URX 4. I like your style.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 8:50:37 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By stormhammer:

It's a Geissele URG-I Near Clone upper

I do not - it comes wiht the tuning fork at the end. My god it just takes moving the rifle around to make it sing.
View Quote

Gotcha.

Yeah, they ping... Even when the can is on.
I thought the B.E. Meyers 249f was bad lol
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 7:18:29 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By slowkota1:

Gotcha.

Yeah, they ping... Even when the can is on.
I thought the B.E. Meyers 249f was bad lol
View Quote

Dude, no lie, I picked it up, and as I was moving it around the house and on the rifle I kept being like " jesus my tinnitus is bad or something bc I keep hearing this ringing "
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 1:35:12 AM EDT
[#12]
View Quote

Seems unnecessary for a 1-4x.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 9:36:14 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Claytonhoneyberry:

Seems unnecessary for a 1-4x.
View Quote

??? i guess i could throw the EP-8 on there but i like the weight savings on the 1-4x
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 12:22:30 PM EDT
[#14]
View Quote

Is that the P4xi? I'm considering replacing my PA Nova with one of these on an 11.5 so I can put the 1-6 back on the 16". Any thoughts?

I'm new to lpvo's, the Nova is my only one, but I've ran a short cqb course with it and will be doing more along with (if the stars align) a DMR course out to 500yds with it.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 12:53:02 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By CJ47:

Is that the P4xi? I'm considering replacing my PA Nova with one of these on an 11.5 so I can put the 1-6 back on the 16". Any thoughts?

I'm new to lpvo's, the Nova is my only one, but I've ran a short cqb course with it and will be doing more along with (if the stars align) a DMR course out to 500yds with it.
View Quote

yea, its a P4Xii like it a lot, and have a couple, i also like the Leupold Mk3 HD 1.5-4x (if you don't care about the fact you'll have a little more magnification at the lowest setting).  i've not used the PA Nova yet, so i cant give any insight on it.  i've done 600-ish with a 4x scope, you just have to be realistic with the limitations of a lower magnification scope.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 5:11:19 PM EDT
[#16]

View Quote

I have a couple P4xi’s, a T5xi and a Nova. The only advantages of the Nova are price and higher top end magnification. The Steiners have significantly better glass. That said, I wouldn’t pay more than ~$550ish for a P4xi, which you can find occasionally. At $700+ there are better options.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 5:50:45 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By 5L33P3R:

yea, its a P4Xii like it a lot, and have a couple, i also like the Leupold Mk3 HD 1.5-4x (if you don't care about the fact you'll have a little more magnification at the lowest setting).  i've not used the PA Nova yet, so i cant give any insight on it.  i've done 600-ish with a 4x scope, you just have to be realistic with the limitations of a lower magnification scope.
View Quote

Originally Posted By Luny421:

I have a couple P4xi’s, a T5xi and a Nova. The only advantages of the Nova are price and higher top end magnification. The Steiners have significantly better glass. That said, I wouldn’t pay more than ~$550ish for a P4xi, which you can find occasionally. At $700+ there are better options.
View Quote

Thanks guys. I don't plan on doing more than 500 with my 11.5", so 4x is all I need. And i can get the P4xi for under $600, so it seemed like a good deal lol might have to jump on it in a few months.

Anyone able to compare the steiner to the Razor Gen II?
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 7:51:58 PM EDT
[#18]

Thanks guys. I don't plan on doing more than 500 with my 11.5", so 4x is all I need. And i can get the P4xi for under $600, so it seemed like a good deal lol might have to jump on it in a few months.

Anyone able to compare the steiner to the Razor Gen II?
View Quote

I sold my razor and got a p4xi and leupold mk3hd 1.5-4x… 4x is perfect in my opinion for 80% of what a 10.3-14.5” gun will need.  If you need more than 4x, take the weight hit and go to something with an upper mag range of 8x or 10x… I’ve been a fan of the EP-8 1-8x by Arken…
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 11:20:25 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 1:26:41 AM EDT
[#20]

Just finally found a barrel for this bad boy. Soon I'll be joining the Transsonic Midrange Shooters Club
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 2:33:26 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By 135Patriots:
https://i.imgur.com/0m6w0TW.jpg
View Quote

Goddammit, I just love these!
And they look like they get some frequent lovin too.
Link Posted: Yesterday 1:05:11 PM EDT
[#22]
Page / 205
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top