BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 5/19/2015 9:21:43 AM EDT
I am looking for high quality, reliable, and a lighter/quicker AR platform.  I already have a nice setup Colt SOCOM and just want something that's not as heavy and still as quality.  I want to point out that my local LE wont sign off on the SBR so I would have to do a trust and I don't think I want to go that route.  The real question for the MK18 SBR is:

How are the MK18 pistol and SBR the same/different?  Is it the same weapon with a different stock?  

Now to the real question.  I was looking at the M4A1 for a while and thought it would be a good rifle to compliment the Colt but after more research a pistol would be nice because its even smaller AND I can carry it loaded in my car if ever needed w my CHL.  I know the MK18 is a 10.3" length rifle/pistol and its been proven in the military.  I would add a Sig Brace to the pistol as well.  The MK18 pistol is cheaper too.  

So...  What are the pros/cons of the M4A1 vs the MK18 Pistol?  
Are both GTG?
Link Posted: 5/19/2015 10:00:42 AM EDT
[#1]
My DD MK18 isn't light once optics and can and flashlight is added.

But yes, it's the same upper receiver group and lower for the most part, except one has a stock and the other has a brace.
Link Posted: 5/19/2015 10:02:59 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Are both GTG?
View Quote

You can't shoulder the pistol; that's the biggest con.

If you want something short just do the trust and get your SBR.
Link Posted: 5/19/2015 11:52:13 AM EDT
[#3]
SBR.
Link Posted: 5/19/2015 11:55:24 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

How are the MK18 pistol and SBR the same/different?  Is it the same weapon with a different stock?  

View Quote

The pistol does not have a stock.

Go SBR.  Thank us later.

Then, get a can.

Link Posted: 5/19/2015 12:01:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Best choice is SBR and Suppressor.  I am going to figure this out BUT I think there is still a reason for a pistol.  The fact that you can have one loaded in your car or concealed is a big deal I think.  An SBR in my safe wont help or an SBR in the trunk unloaded might cost me time.
Link Posted: 5/19/2015 12:04:31 PM EDT
[#6]
SBR undoubtably.

Cans are cool but i'd get about everything else before you worry about a can.  The only thing i'll use my cans with nowadays is subsonic 300blk or .22cal or shooting at night.  Cans and full auto are two things I am kinda over... still on the SBR bandwagon tho 4sure.
Link Posted: 5/19/2015 12:08:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Best choice is SBR and Suppressor.  I am going to figure this out BUT I think there is still a reason for a pistol.  The fact that you can have one loaded in your car or concealed is a big deal I think.  An SBR in my safe wont help or an SBR in the trunk unloaded might cost me time.
View Quote

If you are looking for pistol validation, that is cool.  Wander over to the pistol subforum, and they will tell you exactly what you want to hear.

Link Posted: 5/19/2015 12:12:22 PM EDT
[#8]
The law in OH now requires your sheriff to sign NFA paperwork as long as you are legally able to own a firearm. New law went into effect 23 March 2015.
Link Posted: 5/19/2015 12:15:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
The law in OH now requires your sheriff to sign NFA paperwork as long as you are legally able to own a firearm. New law went into effect 23 March 2015.
View Quote

^^^boom^^^^
Link Posted: 5/19/2015 12:18:57 PM EDT
[#10]
SBR hands down is the way to go.
Link Posted: 5/19/2015 12:27:41 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
SBR hands down is the way to go.
View Quote

Do the SBR or do the pistol now, but you're going to want to SBR it after a couple of months...  Might as well do it from the start.
Link Posted: 5/19/2015 12:30:10 PM EDT
[#12]
I'd go with a Colt or LMT barrel.  The MK18 Daniel Defense barrels are way over gassed.
Link Posted: 5/19/2015 12:40:06 PM EDT
[#13]
Buy the pistol, then sbr it. That way you can shoot it while you wait for your stamp.
Link Posted: 5/19/2015 12:56:23 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

You make a good point. I think most of the posters here don't realize that Ohio law allows for CHL licenses, not CCW. So only handguns may be concealed, and loaded in the cab of your truck or openly holstered on your belt when in a vehicle qualifies as "concealed" up here. Makes going to the range a pain.

So that said, if you want a rifle-caliber carbine for your truck then yes, go the pistol route. Just be aware of the recent BATFE ruling on shouldering the SiG brace.
Link Posted: 5/19/2015 1:03:39 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Go SBR.  Thank us later.

Then, get a can.

http://i1107.photobucket.com/albums/h385/alaskaLTZ/DSC02538x_zpsayqhoead.jpg
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Go SBR.  Thank us later.

Then, get a can.

http://i1107.photobucket.com/albums/h385/alaskaLTZ/DSC02538x_zpsayqhoead.jpg

That's nice.  I gotta get one!
Link Posted: 5/19/2015 2:28:11 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I'd go with a Colt or LMT barrel.  The MK18 Daniel Defense barrels are way over gassed.
View Quote

This.

And you could put together a rifle with a BCM 11.5 w/ 10" KMR upper with pistol/SBR lower for way less than any DD rifle.
Link Posted: 5/19/2015 2:39:10 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

This.

And you could put together a rifle with a BCM 11.5 w/ 10" KMR upper with pistol/SBR lower for way less than any DD rifle.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.

Link Posted: 5/19/2015 3:08:55 PM EDT
[#18]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.

http://i717.photobucket.com/albums/ww173/prestonjjrtr/Smileys/agree.gif

I will counter that argument with this:

Daniel Defense 10.3" with Omega X 9" & DD BCG for $699

Which results in this:

Link Posted: 5/19/2015 3:26:37 PM EDT
[#19]
Buying a factory SBR takes a good 6 months. I you buy a  lower and remove the stock ( Form 1 it through ATF online) then buy/build an upper at your leisure... in about 1/3 the time you will have an SBR.  

You are going to hear the SBR purists tell you that aan AR Pistol is next to useless and that you shouldn't even consider one, thats Ideology speaking, with a little common sense you can effectively wield an AR pistol and easily be 300 yards Pie-plate accurate. I own both and they each have their strengths, I wont SBR my Pistol. I like having one. Gives me options.

Link Posted: 5/19/2015 3:33:37 PM EDT
[#20]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.

Which results in this:

http://i1377.photobucket.com/albums/ah46/BlueCollar_SD/10.3_zps9ylfdeic.jpg

Meh still has the overgassed DD upper
Link Posted: 5/19/2015 3:41:00 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Buying a factory SBR takes a good 6 months. I you buy a  lower and remove the stock ( Form 1 it through ATF online) then buy/build an upper at your leisure... in about 1/3 the time you will have an SBR.  

You are going to hear the SBR purists tell you that aan AR Pistol is next to useless and that you shouldn't even consider one, thats Ideology speaking, with a little common sense you can effectively wield an AR pistol and easily be 300 yards Pie-plate accurate. I own both and they each have their strengths, I wont SBR my Pistol. I like having one. Gives me options.

http://i914.photobucket.com/albums/ac345/stinkieloadie/DSC00221_zps7idcg8k4.jpg
View Quote

That 12.5 on the bottom is soooo clean. Need me one after I move.
Link Posted: 5/19/2015 3:44:45 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

You can't buy a lower with a stock and then remove it to make a pistol.  If it's got a stock, it's transferred as a rifle.  Once a rifle, always a rifle (unless it was a pistol first).
Link Posted: 5/19/2015 3:56:32 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.

Which results in this:

http://i1377.photobucket.com/albums/ah46/BlueCollar_SD/10.3_zps9ylfdeic.jpg

Lol. I continue to laugh hearing these types of comments regarding 10.3" DDs.

Have you shot one of these "overgassed DD uppers?" Or are you just repeating what you've heard like the majority of people who comment on this particular subject?

I have three complete DD 10.3" SBRs. Two have the standard factory gas block and gas port, and one has a Govnah adjustable gas block. I can tell you that there is very little difference between the DD factory .082 port size, and the .070 port size it is often compared to. To the extent that most people wouldn't even know there was a difference unless you told them.

Now, tuned down to .049 with a can, that is an incredible experience and very noticeable...though it is irrelevant with any of the factory 10.3" barrels unless you install an adjustable gas block.
Link Posted: 5/19/2015 4:00:03 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks, I cant take credit though, I just shortened the barrel on a tried and true mil configuration.
Link Posted: 5/19/2015 4:02:50 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

You can't buy a lower with a stock and then remove it to make a pistol.  If it's got a stock, it's transferred as a rifle.  Once a rifle, always a rifle (unless it was a pistol first).
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This. Either build a lower into a pistol, and form 1 it and keep it a pistol until your stamp comes in, or buy a pre made SBR, or buy a rifle lower, form 1 sbr it, then when the stamp comes back you can buy the barrel for it and put it together. You can't submit a form 1 sbr without the lower in hand as it requires a make/model/sn/etc. Not sure how that would work with an 80% lower though.
Link Posted: 5/19/2015 4:04:41 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sure you can, I did. as long as it was never a documented part of a complete rifle. Buy a complete lower where it is registered as "other" and remove the stock and you have a pistol lower.

I bought a complete PSA lower and it was transferred into my possession from my FFL as "other". Unless this was a no no.... in which case I made all this up just to be difficult
Link Posted: 5/19/2015 4:25:55 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Sure you can, I did. as long as it was never a documented part of a complete rifle. Buy a complete lower where it is registered as "other" and remove the stock and you have a pistol lower.

I bought a complete PSA lower and it was transferred into my possession from my FFL as "other". Unless this was a no no.... in which case I made all this up just to be difficult
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hmmm, appears you're correct.  Learn something new everyday.  
Link Posted: 5/19/2015 5:46:21 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL better like this than another way.  The laws are so screwed up it isnt surprising that this happens every now and again.
Link Posted: 5/19/2015 5:46:54 PM EDT
[#29]
I went to the store to check out some guns and they had the DD MK18 pistol and the M4A1.  I liked the M4a1 but didn't see much of an advantage over my Colt Socom besides a little weight.  But the MK18 pistol just felt super light and quick and I naturally picked it up and did a cheek weld with no issue.  I actually preferred it to a stock!!!!  I did try a Sig with a sig brace and it was nice but I didn't think it was nesacarry to have like I did before trying it.  I still might get one though but we will see.  

So why did I get the pistol and why so fast?  3 reasons...

1-In Ohio I can conceal carry it (not likely) AND I can carry it loaded with a mag in my car.  That's a huge plus to me I think.  I cant do that with an SBR.
2-The price was right and the gun was right there.  I didn't expect them to have this or anything higher end that would interest me but they did.  Their price was lower than online, no wait.  
3-It just felt natural to me.  I fight the weight of a 16" AR sometimes and I am an athletic guy at 6' 2" 220lb.  It would just suck to have to carry that Socom around and maneuver around my house if needed but the pistol is super quick and fast.  

I did put my Eotech EXPS on it and its great.  I might keep it on the pistol and get a scope or ACOG for the colt now.  

I don't love the DD grip though.  I might swap it for a Magpul because its thicker and the rounded back goes higher.  But the DD rail rubber guard are amazing.  
Link Posted: 5/19/2015 5:48:18 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

LOL better like this than another way.  The laws are so screwed up it isnt surprising that this happens every now and again.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So you can or cant?
Link Posted: 5/19/2015 5:52:08 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I went to the store to check out some guns and they had the DD MK18 pistol and the M4A1.  I liked the M4a1 but didn't see much of an advantage over my Colt Socom besides a little weight.  But the MK18 pistol just felt super light and quick and I naturally picked it up and did a cheek weld with no issue.  I actually preferred it to a stock!!!!  I did try a Sig with a sig brace and it was nice but I didn't think it was nesacarry to have like I did before trying it.  I still might get one though but we will see.  

1-In Ohio I can conceal carry it (not likely) AND I can carry it loaded with a mag in my car.  That's a huge plus to me I think.  I cant do that with an SBR.
2-The price was right and the gun was right there.  I didn't expect them to have this or anything higher end that would interest me but they did.  Their price was lower than online, no wait.  
3-It just felt natural to me.  I fight the weight of a 16" AR sometimes and I am an athletic guy at 6' 2" 220lb.  It would just suck to have to carry that Socom around and maneuver around my house if needed but the pistol is super quick and fast.  

I did put my Eotech EXPS on it and its great.  I might keep it on the pistol and get a scope or ACOG for the colt now.  

I don't love the DD grip though.  I might swap it for a Magpul because its thicker and the rounded back goes higher.  But the DD rail rubber guard are amazing.  
View Quote

You can get an SB15 pretty cheap right now. Trim off about 1" from the bottom flaps and it becomes very ergonomic and shaves off a bit of weight.
Link Posted: 5/19/2015 5:52:30 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

Congrats, but careful with that. ^^^

BATFE says that makes it an unregistered SBR. No kidding.
Link Posted: 5/19/2015 5:52:46 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I went to the store to check out some guns and they had the DD MK18 pistol and the M4A1.  I liked the M4a1 but didn't see much of an advantage over my Colt Socom besides a little weight.  But the MK18 pistol just felt super light and quick and I naturally picked it up and did a cheek weld with no issue. I actually preferred it to a stock!!!! I did try a Sig with a sig brace and it was nice but I didn't think it was nesacarry to have like I did before trying it.  I still might get one though but we will see.  

View Quote

Yeah, I bet. Keep telling yourself that.
Link Posted: 5/19/2015 5:52:48 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
So you can or cant?
View Quote

You can.
Link Posted: 5/19/2015 5:57:38 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I went to the store to check out some guns and they had the DD MK18 pistol and the M4A1.  I liked the M4a1 but didn't see much of an advantage over my Colt Socom besides a little weight.  But the MK18 pistol just felt super light and quick and I naturally picked it up and did a cheek weld with no issue. I actually preferred it to a stock!!!! I did try a Sig with a sig brace and it was nice but I didn't think it was nesacarry to have like I did before trying it.  I still might get one though but we will see.  

Its not preferable to a stock. I hear what he is saying though. When you try out a brace and it accidentally makes contact with your shoulder while you are trying to acquire a good cheek weld...it is surprisingly functional..  You dont appreciate the difference unless you start shooting them side by side in different positions, then the stock shows it superiority.
Link Posted: 5/19/2015 7:24:35 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Be careful with what?  The cheek weld or shouldering?  I am not shoulder it at all and I was careful to not start off doing so.  I do bring it up to a cheek weld though.  
Link Posted: 5/19/2015 7:25:57 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Keep telling myself what?  What am I missing here?

If its that you think I am trying to say a pistol is better than an SBR I am not at all.  The SBR is better for sure but I didn't have to do any paperwork and walked out with it today.  And again, its a pistol so I can have it loaded in my car in Ohio with a CHL.  
Link Posted: 5/19/2015 7:51:49 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

If its that you think I am trying to say a pistol is better than an SBR I am not at all.  The SBR is better for sure but I didn't have to do any paperwork and walked out with it today.  And again, its a pistol so I can have it loaded in my car in Ohio with a CHL.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Glad you like what you got. Have fun with it
Link Posted: 5/19/2015 8:20:15 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote

OP, there are rules. Please post shots of your new purchase.
Link Posted: 5/19/2015 9:57:53 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Be careful with what?  The cheek weld or shouldering?  I am not shoulder it at all and I was careful to not start off doing so.  I do bring it up to a cheek weld though.  
View Quote

Then you're good.
Link Posted: 5/19/2015 10:22:14 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I am looking for high quality, reliable, and a lighter/quicker AR platform.  I already have a nice setup Colt SOCOM and just want something that's not as heavy and still as quality.  I want to point out that my local LE wont sign off on the SBR so I would have to do a trust and I don't think I want to go that route.  The real question for the MK18 SBR is:
In OH the sheriff must sign off. A law was just passed. You can also do a trust to save time and its nice to meet with a layer to get it all explained if you are new to NFA, i know of a good one in Dayton that I used.

Pistol cant use a stock but can use a sig brace, but ATF says you cant shoulder it lol.

Now to the real question.  I was looking at the M4A1 for a while and thought it would be a good rifle to compliment the Colt but after more research a pistol would be nice because its even smaller AND I can carry it loaded in my car if ever needed w my CHL.  I know the MK18 is a 10.3" length rifle/pistol and its been proven in the military.  I would add a Sig Brace to the pistol as well.  The MK18 pistol is cheaper too.  

Are both GTG?
I highly recommend the MK18 for any kind of close quarters personal defense be it used in a vehicle or in your home. Plus the reduced weight and length is paired well with a suppressor. Also another helpful hint, get a Mil spec buffer tube, they are 1" shorter than the commercial tubes.

In OH you can keep a Pistol AR15 loaded in your car. But with a CCL you are allowed to keep loaded mags for rifle in cars as well, but the mag cant be in the mag well. So you can just leave a loaded mag next to the rifle.

View Quote

Or get a Full Auto MK18 with a Suppressor and I promise you never want to shoot another firearm.
Link Posted: 5/19/2015 10:24:00 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Here....  I also got a soft vest 3a and have it bedside with a Glock 19 Gen 4 w Trijicon sights.  This stuff isn't usually bedside but we may have riots here in Cleveland and I just want to be ready.  

Link Posted: 5/19/2015 10:31:19 PM EDT
[#43]
Well played, OP.

10.3" DDs are amongst my favorite ARs.

Beware of that 10.3" DD barrel though...some people on the Internet who have never used one say so.
Link Posted: 5/19/2015 11:02:24 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Here....  I also got a soft vest 3a and have it bedside with a Glock 19 Gen 4 w Trijicon sights.  This stuff isn't usually bedside but we may have riots here in Cleveland and I just want to be ready.  

<a href="http://postimg.org/image/6u2wyg5bf/" target="_blank">http://s25.postimg.org/6u2wyg5bf/image.jpg</a>

<a href="http://postimg.org/image/b5ringc8b/" target="_blank">http://s25.postimg.org/b5ringc8b/image.jpg</a>

<a href="http://postimg.org/image/h5f9r3x0r/" target="_blank">http://s25.postimg.org/h5f9r3x0r/image.jpg</a>
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

<a href="http://postimg.org/image/6u2wyg5bf/" target="_blank">http://s25.postimg.org/6u2wyg5bf/image.jpg</a>

<a href="http://postimg.org/image/b5ringc8b/" target="_blank">http://s25.postimg.org/b5ringc8b/image.jpg</a>

<a href="http://postimg.org/image/h5f9r3x0r/" target="_blank">http://s25.postimg.org/h5f9r3x0r/image.jpg</a>

Congrats..You may want to keep a pair of electronic ear pros handy cause if you've never shot an SBR without a ear protection, you're in for a good ringing.
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 12:59:15 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
Congrats..You may want to keep a pair of electronic ear pros handy cause if you've never shot an SBR without a ear protection, you're in for a good ringing.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I shoot mine unsupressed with the surefire break until everyone lead the range then I can up or shoot suppressed 22 while I'm alone.

Link Posted: 5/20/2015 8:29:48 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Well played, OP.

Beware of that 10.3" DD barrel though...some people on the Internet who have never used one say so.
View Quote

No kidding. My factory DDMK18 SBR is a dream to shoot.
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 1:01:00 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Well played, OP.

View Quote

False haha.  The 10.3" DD is overgassed.  I'm with you in the sense that you don't really notice it all that much while shooting.  It isn't like going from a 20" rifle length to a 16" carbine length but the extra gas is there.  It is less about the feel and more about what that extra gas / cycling speed does to your internal parts.  Just throw an H3 in the rifle and you can pretty much call it a day tho.  I still wish they would make the gas port a more appropriate size.  For this reason, I am far more likely to go with an LMT 10.5, Colt 10.3, or Noveske 10.5 than the DD.   that's life.

ETA: and while I am being a complete grinch, I'm not a huge fan of that barrel length to begin with.  The velocity loss going from 11.5" to 10.5/10.3" is really way to significant to justify the 1" difference, which IME... actual experience FYI ... makes no difference at all in easy the rifle is to maneuver.  Chrono'd my LMT 10.5 (which has prob 5k thru it) just over 2600fps while my BCM 11.5 (w/ about 1.5k thru it) ran right at 2900fps with the same ammo (Federal m193).  The difference was absurd.  Very similar data between a Colt 10.3 and CMMG 11.5 in a test done by member DavidC several years back.  In DavidCs data, the average velocity between the 10.3" and 11.5" for the 4 different ammo types used (PMC 55, m193, m855, and Radway Green 91 *which is an SS109/m855 type round IIRC) was 318.35fps.  Not worth the 1.2" length discrepancy if you ask me.  I don't think 10.3s would be anywhere close to as popular as they are if it weren't for the clone community.
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 1:21:30 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

False haha.  The 10.3" DD is overgassed.  I'm with you in the sense that you don't really notice it all that much while shooting.  It isn't like going from a 20" rifle length to a 16" carbine length but the extra gas is there.  It is less about the feel and more about what that extra gas / cycling speed does to your internal parts.  Just throw an H3 in the rifle and you can pretty much call it a day tho.  I still wish they would make the gas port a more appropriate size.  For this reason, I am far more likely to go with an LMT 10.5, Colt 10.3, or Noveske 10.5 than the DD.   that's life.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Well played, OP.

There are some DD barrels floating about, with the proper gas port size, from what I have heard/read. Could always just scoop one of those up and build your own MK18 variant/style rifle.
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 2:32:59 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

ETA: and while I am being a complete grinch, I'm not a huge fan of that barrel length to begin with.  The velocity loss going from 11.5" to 10.5/10.3" is really way to significant to justify the 1" difference, which IME... actual experience FYI ... makes no difference at all in easy the rifle is to maneuver.  Chrono'd my LMT 10.5 (which has prob 5k thru it) just over 2600fps while my BCM 11.5 (w/ about 1.5k thru it) ran right at 2900fps with the same ammo (Federal m193).  The difference was absurd.  Very similar data between a Colt 10.3 and CMMG 11.5 in a test done by member DavidC several years back.  In DavidCs data, the average velocity between the 10.3" and 11.5" for the 4 different ammo types used (PMC 55, m193, m855, and Radway Green 91 *which is an SS109/m855 type round IIRC) was 318.35fps.  Not worth the 1.2" length discrepancy if you ask me.  I don't think 10.3s would be anywhere close to as popular as they are if it weren't for the clone community.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Well played, OP.

+1. Pretty much sums up why I am not a MK18 fan. Lots of FPS drop for not enough ergo gain. The overgassing problems can be worked out with an adjustable gasblock and TBH you dont really notice anything unless you have something to compare it to side by side ( it does show itself a bigger problem when suppressed). Its is also a bit of OCD on my part when I measure the gasport.  But the FPS loss for no gain kills it for me.
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 2:57:51 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote

What does an AR pistol give you that an SBR doesn't?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top