Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/28/2017 8:43:09 PM EDT
Pictures

Sorry if wrong forum. If these panels don't say KAC's cage code, are they real? How to tell if ones are real or fake?

Also, what does that extra round piece do? Never seen it before.

Thank you for the help
Link Posted: 7/28/2017 10:10:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Not all Knight's panels are marked with the 1S002 cage code. And the extra piece you mentioned is the M203 adapter.
Link Posted: 7/28/2017 10:25:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Not all Knight's panels are marked with the 1S002 cage code. And the extra piece you mentioned is the M203 adapter.
View Quote
So in your opinion and best knowledge these are real? (I won't fault you if you're wrong).

I thought only the M5 Ras needed a M203 adapter, not the M4 ras?
Thank you

Edit,
Oops, I think these are M5 panels.
Link Posted: 7/28/2017 10:41:47 PM EDT
[#3]
They do appear to be real from what we can see in the pics. The panels will work on both the M4 RAS and M5 RAS (same panels for both) so don't worry about that.
Link Posted: 7/28/2017 10:46:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/28/2017 11:11:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

So in your opinion and best knowledge these are real? (I won't fault you if you're wrong).

I thought only the M5 Ras needed a M203 adapter, not the M4 ras?
Thank you

Edit,
Oops, I think these are M5 panels.
View Quote
do you have a 203? then you don't need the 203 adapter.
on an m4 there is a QD clip made by KAC it locks over the m4 cut in the m4 profile barrel.  the rail means nothing to the m203 on the M4.

they look legit to me It does not matter there are no covers specific to one rail they come in different lengths(count the ribs)
Link Posted: 7/28/2017 11:46:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
They appear to be. Why do you ask?
View Quote
I was looking to buy them to fill out my partial kit. But it seems they are M5 and the ribs are not the lengths I need for the M4 ras.
There are a lot of fake airsoft ones out there, so I thought I better enlist the expertise of arfcom members to get some help.

Thank you all for your help. I have my answer. Have a nice weekend.

P.s. If anyone has extra LNIB or NIB M4 Ras 2, 4 and 6 rib panels for sale, please IM or email me.
Link Posted: 7/28/2017 11:55:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 7/29/2017 12:58:50 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
The panels are there same for the M4 and M5.
View Quote
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think they are exactly the same. If you look at the pictures I posted, there are 7 and 10 rib panels on the right side, unless I counted wrong.
If you mean they will fit both rails, I believe that, but there seem to be different lengths issued with the M5?
Link Posted: 7/29/2017 1:11:13 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think they are exactly the same. If you look at the pictures I posted, there are 7 and 10 rib panels on the right side, unless I counted wrong.
If you mean they will fit both rails, I believe that, but there seem to be different lengths issued with the M5?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The panels are there same for the M4 and M5.
They're the same panels brother. There's no M4 RAS panel or M5 RAS panel, they are 1 in the same.
Link Posted: 7/29/2017 10:35:16 AM EDT
[#10]
They look some of the ones I have and wouldn't worry about picking them up.

I've seen some picatinny panels marked Vero Beach, and others marked Vero Beach with a telephone number, and even some marked IS002.  I've even got some KAC vert grips that are marked "Knight's Armament" "Knight's Armament Vero Beach" and "Knight's Armament Titusville" and some have a cage code.  The ones on the right are 9 rib panels.
Link Posted: 7/29/2017 1:06:16 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 7/29/2017 2:23:14 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 2:34:48 PM EDT
[#13]
Gunobtanium, I sent you a PM
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 3:56:10 PM EDT
[#14]
The rail covers will fit on both lengths of rails, but to fully cover each rail you need different combinations of lengths. Which is why the Ras m4 and Ras m5 come with different length and quantities of covers.

RAS M4 Kit

RAS M5 Kit
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 11:06:02 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I was looking to buy them to fill out my partial kit. But it seems they are M5 and the ribs are not the lengths I need for the M4 ras.
There are a lot of fake airsoft ones out there, so I thought I better enlist the expertise of arfcom members to get some help.

Thank you all for your help. I have my answer. Have a nice weekend.

P.s. If anyone has extra LNIB or NIB M4 Ras 2, 4 and 6 rib panels for sale, please IM or email me.
View Quote
IM sent  @Gunobtainium
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 12:54:21 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 8:58:11 PM EDT
[#17]
Appear to be genuine and as already stated many times, are no different between handguards.

Also, recently there were a couple sellers in the EE AR parts and accessories section selling real panels. No airsoft crap.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top