Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 265
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 12:45:08 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Eiffel] [#1]
Black HRF magwell has been seen with the 75th Ranger Regiment.

Link Posted: 4/29/2024 2:44:02 PM EDT
[#2]

I don’t think I’ve posted my 14.5 with LPVO yet.  I kinda like the LPVO but have some buyers remorse not getting the Razor after playing with one of them in stores after I got the Sig.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 2:56:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Eiffel:
Black HRF magwell has been seen with the 75th Ranger Regiment.

https://ibb.co/DKhW47v
View Quote
It's a private purchase item. Whatever color the individual wants or thinks is cool he is gonna get.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 4:01:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Yeah I get that. There are also pictures of the Lancer 1 piece magwell still in use.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 6:02:23 PM EDT
[#5]
I just got a 1-8 ATACR in FDE.

I got the one that includes the Nightforce scope mount.

I didn't know it included Magpul offset sights., but it did.

Are the Magpul offset sights clone correct?

My supply of KAC sights is running then and I thought I might have more builds than sights, but i think right now, I'm even or have enough sights for one more build.

I'll likely order some more KAC sights while they're available though.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 8:10:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Air_Soft_Contractor:

My supply of KAC sights is running then and I thought I might have more builds than sights, but i think right now, I'm even or have enough sights for one more build.

View Quote

Yes, it's part of the deployment package. The SIG scope comes with them too. They are clone correct to the URGI.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 8:56:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Roadblock:

Yes, it's part of the deployment package. The SIG scope comes with them too. They are clone correct to the URGI.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Roadblock:

Thanks, now I'm trying figure out how to mount the front offset sight, with a laser and a light.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 3:01:50 PM EDT
[#8]

Thanks, now I'm trying figure out how to mount the front offset sight, with a laser and a light.
View Quote

Still suck at posting image, so hope this works. You might just find inspiration from this operator on managing offset irons and a bunch of other accessories.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 3:04:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: suitnboots] [#9]
Originally Posted By suitnboots:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/o2d9t4JGHdgvM28E8

Still suck at posting image, so hope this works. You might just find inspiration from this operator on managing offset irons and a bunch of other accessories.
View All Quotes

Link Posted: 5/1/2024 3:22:22 PM EDT
[#10]
View All Quotes

https://i.postimg.cc/5NBcjtTW/F68-F3-CFA-0-CB9-45-BC-A627-4-B670-E3-B9-F75-png-2024632.jpg

Thanks, I kinda figured the front sight would have to go behind the laser to open.

I found a pic of an M4A1 Block II with the same scope and sights and it had a dual light and laser switch directly behind the laser and the front sight behind the switch, which placed it just barely in front of the scope.

Then I found another one with the laser moved back, sight in the front and the switch on the side.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 6:58:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: OldManShinobi] [#11]

Would this upper be more clone correct to use on an 11.5" or a 14.5"?
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 9:48:52 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By OldManShinobi:
https://i.imgur.com/IT8Vk3V.jpeg

Would this upper be more clone correct to use on an 11.5" or a 14.5"?
View Quote

Either will do.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 9:52:38 PM EDT
[#13]

Thanks, I kinda figured the front sight would have to go behind the laser to open.

I found a pic of an M4A1 Block II with the same scope and sights and it had a dual light and laser switch directly behind the laser and the front sight behind the switch, which placed it just barely in front of the scope.

Then I found another one with the laser moved back, sight in the front and the switch on the side.
View Quote

This is why I dropped BUIS on my URG-I. Too much Tetris gaming. I see a lot guys dropped their BUIS, too, so unless you really want it there, having none isn't too bad.

Aside from that, that operator's URG-I was how I always wanted to set mine up. LPVO, light and laser, and suppressor - sleek, simple, straightforward, and works anywhere.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 10:42:48 AM EDT
[#14]
I am sure this has been asked several times, however my search-foo is weak, so I was wondering what are the clone correct weapons lights for the URG-I.

Thanks in advance.

Link Posted: 5/2/2024 2:00:12 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By BSOL:
I am sure this has been asked several times, however my search-foo is weak, so I was wondering what are the clone correct weapons lights for the URG-I.

Thanks in advance.

View Quote

There's always page 1, but to sum it up, vintage Insight lights or else Surefire.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 2:55:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Eiffel] [#16]
Issued lights at least for USASOC (not sure about NSW) include Insight WMX, Surefire X300V-B, and Surefire M640V with DS00 tailcap
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 3:04:04 PM EDT
[#17]
Issued lights at least for USASOC (not sure about NSW) include Insight WMX, Surefire X300V-B, and Surefire M640V with DS00 tailcap
View Quote

Thanks. I checked page #1 of this topic and went through several other forums with no definite list. This is helpful.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 3:29:21 PM EDT
[#18]

There's always page 1, but to sum it up, vintage Insight lights or else Surefire.
View Quote

I'd be interested to see where you found the light selection in the OP
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 3:35:55 PM EDT
[#19]
I neglected to add that the issued M640V with DS00 is the tan anodized one, not black. Of course there have been other lights floating around (SU233s for example) and privately purchased lights as well (more common in SF and less for the 75th)
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 3:37:50 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By wissota4:

I'd be interested to see where you found the light selection in the OP
View Quote

I mean, aren't there pictures?
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 3:38:34 PM EDT
[#21]

Thanks. I checked page #1 of this topic and went through several other forums with no definite list. This is helpful.
View Quote

Well, at day's end, there's always pictures for reference.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 4:14:15 PM EDT
[#22]

I mean, aren't there pictures?
View Quote

You should just go take a look at the entire page 1 and see the 1 photo of a light lol
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 10:08:36 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By wissota4:

You should just go take a look at the entire page 1 and see the 1 photo of a light lol
View Quote

If it makes you happy...

Link Posted: 5/2/2024 10:13:12 PM EDT
[#24]

If it makes you happy...

https://i.postimg.cc/m2kkyLg1/Screenshot-20240502-190629904-1.jpg
View Quote

Not an URGI and that's a personally purchased light
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 10:38:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: suitnboots] [#25]

Not an URGI and that's a personally purchased light
View Quote

I would say it's the unofficial progenitor. I don't have the material, but there were even operators with Mk 8 rails somewhere. The concept of URG-I has been around a good bit, if anything.

Other than that, of course, a lot of private purchases accessories, so frankly, set-in-stone is out the window.

Edit: oh and, it's on page 1, so, yeah...
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 11:02:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Eiffel] [#26]
There have been a variety of privately purchased uppers used by SF over the years - doesn't make them URGIs. That picture was added to the thread when much less information was available. In the same post there are several other rifles we now know to not be URGIs as well.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 11:25:55 PM EDT
[#27]
There have been a variety of privately purchased uppers used by SF over the years - doesn't make them URGIs. That picture was added to the thread when much less information was available. In the same post there are several other rifles we now know to not be URGIs as well.
View Quote

Same stuff, different day. Point being, really, unless you really want picture perfect clone, it's open season with accessories and attachments.
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 7:28:23 AM EDT
[#28]

Same stuff, different day. Point being, really, unless you really want picture perfect clone, it's open season with accessories and attachments.
View Quote

The point is this - the guy asked a legit question in a clone thread and you gave him a shit response and told him to look at the single picture of a light on page 1 lol
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 8:04:53 AM EDT
[#29]

If it makes you happy...

https://i.postimg.cc/m2kkyLg1/Screenshot-20240502-190629904-1.jpg
View Quote
Damn not even a URG-I
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 2:34:01 AM EDT
[#30]

This is why I dropped BUIS on my URG-I. Too much Tetris gaming. I see a lot guys dropped their BUIS, too, so unless you really want it there, having none isn't too bad.

Aside from that, that operator's URG-I was how I always wanted to set mine up. LPVO, light and laser, and suppressor - sleek, simple, straightforward, and works anywhere.
View All Quotes

I'm not committed to everything having back up sights, but I do have them on all my clone builds so far.

I've gotten to the end of my KAC sight supply and have been thinking about buying some more.

I've got some Matech sights for the rear and some Troy sights for an FBI build.

Some of my Navy builds have A.R.M.S. and GG&G sights.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 2:44:22 AM EDT
[#31]

Thanks in advance.

View Quote

Recent ones can be Surefire tan M640V (IR) or even tan M640U (non-IR).

Less common, but to maybe save rail space on an 11.5", maybe the shorter M340V or M340A.

The Surefire M600 and M300 have been used, with pic rail sections or MLok adapter mounts.

The Surefire Dual Fuel (DF) series is less reliable and usually used.

I had a few M600's, so that's what I use.

The M600U / M640U is a bit brighter than the M300A / N340A, but with the infrared models, M600V / M640V, the two battery versions aren't much brighter at all, compared to the shorter single battery versions, M300V / M340V, but battery life might be a bit longer.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 11:03:04 AM EDT
[#32]

Recent ones can be Surefire tan M640V (IR) or even tan M640U (non-IR).

Less common, but to maybe save rail space on an 11.5", maybe the shorter M340V or M340A.

The Surefire M600 and M300 have been used, with pic rail sections or MLok adapter mounts.

The Surefire Dual Fuel (DF) series is less reliable and usually used.

I had a few M600's, so that's what I use.

The M600U / M640U is a bit brighter than the M300A / N340A, but with the infrared models, M600V / M640V, the two battery versions aren't much brighter at all, compared to the shorter single battery versions, M300V / M340V, but battery life might be a bit longer.
View Quote

Thanks for the post, great list to work with, which is what I was looking for.

Link Posted: 5/6/2024 7:21:19 PM EDT
[#33]
Tiger Stripe and URGI?Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 3:49:45 AM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By -MainDisconnect-:
Tiger Stripe and URGI?https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/366627/IMG_2415_jpeg-3207346.JPG
View Quote

Yes
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 6:28:39 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Pitou] [#35]
Ok so the 1st Special Forces Group

I'm surprised to see the VCOG 1-8.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 7:30:40 AM EDT
[#36]
Cool to see the VCOG in action on a URG-I - I love that optic.

The tiger stripes are even cooler though!
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 8:29:17 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Combat_Diver] [#37]
I used wear Tiger Stripes in the late 80s in SF.  (kept in very good condition) Passed them to oldest son and he worn them in SF too.  He mentioned to me in December that he still has them.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 7:33:05 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 8:11:48 PM EDT
[#39]
Got a clone correct URG-I 14.5" with the gen 1 6065 geissele mk16 rail. Anyone know what the uppers worth?
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 8:27:28 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By zinny103090:
Got a clone correct URG-I 14.5" with the gen 1 6065 geissele mk16 rail. Anyone know what the uppers worth?
View Quote

Nothing more than what they’re currently going for, probably less.  I wouldn’t want the 6061 when the 7076 is a thing now.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 10:35:15 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By india13c:
Nothing more than what they’re currently going for, probably less.  I wouldn’t want the 6061 when the 7076 is a thing now.
View Quote

That's typically not how clone parts work. A significant amount of rails in service are 6061 aluminum or P/N marked only. Not to mention virtually all of them are devoid of QD socket reinforcements. As time marches on and the URG-I eventually replaces the Block II in terms of collector focus, those original parts will become scarce, sought after, and more valuable as a result.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 10:36:54 PM EDT
[#42]
I can understand your sentiment.

But I don't think there's one example of a scare iteration of a clone part that ultimately was worth less than the more abundant alternative.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 10:41:37 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 10:47:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: india13c] [#44]
Considering there’s no visual way of knowing it’s 6000 series vs 7000 series aluminum (unless it’s a P/N), I’m not sure how you feel it makes it more valuable than simply what they’re all currently worth.  I see nothing that would make it more valuable unless the QD socket-less rails dry up.  If that’s the case then what makes it more desirable is the lack of sockets.  I have a few of both and the variance in weight is negligible, so even that isn’t a reliable means.

This isn’t the same thing as asking if someone values the FDE RISII which has clone correct city markings as the current ones.  You’re asking if a rail that is the same exact thing as the current version, minus a material difference there’s no way to confirm, is worth more than what you can currently still buy.

It’s not a scarce part yet…
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 11:20:14 PM EDT
[#45]
It’s not a scarce part yet…
View Quote

That's exactly my point. Standard QD socket rails are effectively discontinued already. What's available in the market can only be obtained second hand. By its very nature that is a dwindling supply. You're at the tail end of "salad days" insofar as those handguards are concerned. Sure, you may not care about the differences. But plenty of people do, and many more eventually will. The URG-I is going to be the "what I carried" rifle for the next generation. Vintage, exactingly *clone correct* rails are going to command a premium. Stock up while you can at a reasonable price.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 11:23:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: india13c] [#46]
Originally Posted By tanodized:

That's exactly my point. Standard QD socket rails are effectively discontinued already. What's available in the market can only be obtained second hand. By its very nature that is a dwindling supply. You're at the tail end of "salad days" insofar as those handguards are concerned. Sure, you may not care about the differences. But plenty of people do, and many more eventually will. The URG-I is going to be the "what I carried" rifle for the next generation. Vintage, exactingly *clone correct* rails are going to command a premium. Stock up while you can at a reasonable price.
View Quote

If that’s true, then I was unaware they’re gone.  That being said, they’re still not gone completely.  He asked what it’s currently worth not what it might be worth later.

Regardless, it’s only worth what someone will pay not what we tell him.  Go sell it and find out.  I have had one up for a while and people just keep lowballing the shit out of it, so I don’t think it’s worth what you think it is yet.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 11:42:23 PM EDT
[#47]
IIRC, geissle made the switch without letting anyone know a year or two after the URG-Is release. One of the things clone snoops realized was a slight weight difference and thus all the speculation, which ultimately lead to the discovery in changes.

It's been six years since the URG-I hit the field and as tanodized said, they've stopped making the 6065 rails. At least for sale on the civ side. No idea if say contract requirements would "lock" specs until a updated contract/etc.

I've still got my original box from 18', this rail was from the first batch that was made available to civilians (the July 4th sale). Granted it's not pn maked and just stamped with ga mfg markings. So bona fides are not concrete.

Being unsure in value is exactly why I asked. Not sure if it's worth much if at all more presently. I certainly wasn't going full KAC blinded in aspiration.

For sure don't know why you're so adamant that it's seemly a dumb question and that the rail shouldn't be worth more.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 11:43:50 PM EDT
[#48]
If that’s true, then I was unaware they’re gone.  
I don’t think it’s worth what you think it is yet.
View Quote

I've not argued that they are exceptionally valuable now. My only point from the outset is that their value will increase. There is certainly a lag time between the product being discontinued and the market's awareness of/response to that condition. Your post being a prime example.

Or I'm wrong. The current production Mk16 is and will continue to be far more desirable. In that case, anyone who wants to trade theirs in for an upgrade should send me a PM.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 12:42:56 AM EDT
[#49]

Looking forward to the surplus illum. MK6's with the good markings as shown in that picture in a year or two.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 2:00:01 AM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By JLAudio:

Looking forward to the surplus illum. MK6's with the good markings as shown in that picture in a year or two.
View Quote

That ones non illum.
Page / 265
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top