Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 123
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 2:14:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Eyekahn:
Man, there really is no need for another rifle. Shot a few groups at 100m then burned it down at 25-10m with the T1. Bootleg carrier on full suppressed with an H2 is amazing in this rifle.

View Quote

After spending some time with My MK12 mod 0, you can definitely see why they progressed to the Mod1, mod H and the NSW. When I can get my hands on the rail I’ll get an NSW in the works.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 10:51:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By Ridger:

After spending some time with My MK12 mod 0, you can definitely see why they progressed to the Mod1, mod H and the NSW. When I can get my hands on the rail I’ll get an NSW in the works.
View Quote

interesting... care to elaborate?
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 2:37:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TheSogster] [#3]
In case anyone is looking, Lilja has 15.1 Recce barrels in stock and ready to ship. I just had one delivered

https://riflebarrels.com/shop/drop-in-barrels/ar/ar15/223/223-8-recce-m4-barrel-2/
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 4:34:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By TheSogster:
In case anyone is looking, Lilja has 15.1 Recce barrels in stock and ready to ship. I just had one delivered

https://riflebarrels.com/shop/drop-in-barrels/ar/ar15/223/223-8-recce-m4-barrel-2/
View Quote

Post some photos installed with suppressor if you can.
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 6:49:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Unfortunately I can't have cans where I live. I also don't expect to get this project started until I get a few others buttoned up. All I really have is the HG and the barrel so far
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 7:21:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Unfortunately I can't have cans where I live. I also don't expect to get this project started until I get a few others buttoned up. All I really have is the HG and the barrel so far
View Quote

Post up the barrel? What is the thickness of the barrel from shoulder of muzzle to the step? And the thickness after the step?

Just trying to see if this uses the standard dimensions for SPR contour or it needs a custom collar.
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 8:34:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Omega9000:

View Quote

Don’t get me wrong, still really like my Mod 0, but it is a beefcake. It can be pretty tough to maneuver in tight spaces…indoors/vehicles etc. it makes sense how going to shorter barrels, removing the full length swan sleeve and so on would be worth it, while not losing all that much capability.

I think an NSW would be quite a bit more versatile.
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 8:45:38 PM EDT
[#8]

Link Posted: 3/30/2024 8:56:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Carbine gas?
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 9:09:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 9:10:09 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By UndrGrndPrdcts:
Carbine gas?
View Quote

Yea haha. Apparently the original ones were. Just would really like to know if the original ones were cut downs or had the same profile as these new ones.
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 9:13:13 PM EDT
[#12]

Yea haha. Apparently the original ones were. Just would really like to know if the original ones were cut downs or had the same profile as these new ones.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Carbine gas?

Thats gross.
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 9:21:28 PM EDT
[#13]

Don’t get me wrong, still really like my Mod 0, but it is a beefcake. It can be pretty tough to maneuver in tight spaces…indoors/vehicles etc. it makes sense how going to shorter barrels, removing the full length swan sleeve and so on would be worth it, while not losing all that much capability.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Omega9000:

I only have Mod 0 and Mod H experience, but just chopping off 2” of barrel makes a real difference.

Still trying to figure out if I do a Mod 1 or NSW build with my KAC rail…
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 9:40:22 PM EDT
[#14]

Thats gross.
View Quote

lol. Exactly why mine has a mid gas Douglas and why my x24 is mil/mil-r.
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 9:42:37 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By towerofpower94:

I only have Mod 0 and Mod H experience, but just chopping off 2” of barrel makes a real difference.

View Quote

My opinion is really based on what optic you know you want to run.

If you go mod 1 x50 NF is a must.
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 9:53:33 PM EDT
[#16]
I have a  mid length noveske on my ModH and a white oak for my Mod1. I'm ok with trying out the original carbine config on this one.
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 10:01:14 PM EDT
[#17]

View All Quotes

I'd go mod 1 and mk5 like sniper comp setups.
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 10:07:07 PM EDT
[#18]
Those Liljas still rolling out with .080” gas port, carbine gas, and 1/8 twist…..?
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 10:23:29 PM EDT
[#19]
I haven't checked the gas port size but everything else is the same so most likely.
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 11:50:40 PM EDT
[#20]

View Quote

I was not expecting to spend $600 on a barrel today.

But I've been waiting a while for them to do another run of the 15.1s

My 16" .223-8 M4 barrel was the most accurate barrel I've ever owned, and I've had all the big names. Yep its a 1/8 twist, yep its carbine gas length... Yep it was 1/2 MOA on a bad day.
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 12:25:37 AM EDT
[#21]
I was ready to pull the trigger on the Lilja but damn, why did they have to mark it Wylde so prominently.

Tempted to just go with Bison.
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 8:28:34 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Midazoslam:
I was ready to pull the trigger on the Lilja but damn, why did they have to mark it Wylde so prominently.

View Quote

You not planning on running a handguard or what? 😂

The "Wylde" is not visible with a rifle length rail IIRC
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 11:12:28 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By slowkota1:

View All Quotes

These are the post fuck up barrels?  Too damned bad they didn't at least bead blast that shinny whore
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 11:40:39 AM EDT
[#24]
Here’s a pic of someone’s recent Lilja 15.1.  Gap looks similar to most of the CLE barrels

Link Posted: 3/31/2024 12:32:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Eyekahn] [#25]
Originally Posted By Subpar:
Here’s a pic of someone’s recent Lilja 15.1.  Gap looks similar to most of the CLE barrels

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/147863/F571893D-6071-417E-B174-F96C8512F350-3174571.jpg
View Quote

That looks good. Glad they got it close. I just threw on a custom collar that Ron made for me a while ago to suck up the gap a little more. 9.5 turns and it's about 1/16 off the rail on my CLE

Link Posted: 3/31/2024 1:06:35 PM EDT
[#26]

View Quote

Planned on using my medium ras with just a FH
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 1:37:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Eyekahn] [#27]

Planned on using my medium ras with just a FH
View Quote

It's got all that other stuff printed all over it and you're worried about the wylde?
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 1:57:57 PM EDT
[#28]

That looks good. Glad they got it close. I just threw on a custom collar that Ron made for me a while ago to suck up the gap a little more. 9.5 turns and it's about 1/16 off the rail on my CLE

https://i.imgur.com/9ailZuU.jpeg
View Quote

Great looking rifle. You don't have any contact issues from barrel whip with that small amount of clearance?
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 2:21:39 PM EDT
[#29]

Great looking rifle. You don't have any contact issues from barrel whip with that small amount of clearance?
View Quote

Haven't shot it with that collar on. Shouldn't be an issue since I've ran cans that close in the past.
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 4:26:20 PM EDT
[#30]

It's got all that other stuff printed all over it and you're worried about the wylde?
View Quote

From what I recall the previous ones lilja made didn't have that chamber spec/marking but I could be completely wrong. You'd know better than I would.
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 5:10:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: slowkota1] [#31]

From what I recall the previous ones lilja made didn't have that chamber spec/marking but I could be completely wrong. You'd know better than I would.
View All Quotes

This pic is about 11-12 years ago, not suuuuper long ago... But they were marked like that back then. Hell you couldn't even order them online, you had to call to order back then. They didn't have the RECCE either, they only had the M4 in 16" (regular or fluted)
I wanted to do the SEAL Recce clone, but I was also in love with the M4A1Block II..  So I blended the two and went with an x42 NXS cause I didn't like the x24 eyebox lol
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 11:38:47 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By mban2:

The 201s do some amazing work on the intended targets.  The 194s are effectively the exact same, so I would assume they would have the same terminal effects
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By mban2:
Originally Posted By TinyCrumb:

@TinyCrumb

Is this the 194gr Lehigh you're loading? Looks nasty, and expensive

Mind sharing your load data for it? I've been thinking about trying to make some subs that are more than just plinkers with my go-to 220gr SMK seconds or the 200gr Berry's plated, both of which ice pick through with maybe a bent tip or ever so slight mushroom.

That is the correct bullet, yes. Also same bullet, just 7 grains lighter, as the FBI/JSOC load that Black Hills does. I don't load my own ammo however, I only shoot factory ammo. Just haven't really had the time to dive in to that. I stocked up on Underwood's loading of it but Wilson Combat also does one as well:

https://underwoodammo.com/300-aac-blackout-7.62x35mm-194gr.-maximum-expansion-solid-monolithic-hunting-self-defense-ammo/

https://wilsoncombat.com/300-blackout-194gr-lehigh-me-20-box.html

They are expensive, but that's why I think having a less expensive plinking go-to, like the S&B 200s, works well.

Thanks. Might pick up a box or two of those LH 194s after I do some research.

The 201s do some amazing work on the intended targets.  The 194s are effectively the exact same, so I would assume they would have the same terminal effects

Always interesting to me when posts like this go unnoticed.
Link Posted: 4/1/2024 1:42:10 AM EDT
[#33]

This pic is about 11-12 years ago, not suuuuper long ago... But they were marked like that back then. Hell you couldn't even order them online, you had to call to order back then. They didn't have the RECCE either, they only had the M4 in 16" (regular or fluted)
I wanted to do the SEAL Recce clone, but I was also in love with the M4A1Block II..  So I blended the two and went with an x42 NXS cause I didn't like the x24 eyebox lol
View Quote

Right, the ones I recall were M4 223 8T marked and were the $705 barrel they had listed.
Link Posted: 4/1/2024 9:01:04 AM EDT
[#34]

https://i.imgur.com/flkux2P.jpg
View Quote

That is fantastic!
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 7:22:27 PM EDT
[#35]
Start of an NSW RIS II
Link Posted: 4/5/2024 1:22:51 AM EDT
[#36]
Start of an NSW RIS II
https://i.imgur.com/aCIZMGC.jpg
View Quote

wtf is a “NSW RIS II”? 🤔
Link Posted: 4/5/2024 6:46:42 AM EDT
[#37]

Right, the ones I recall were M4 223 8T marked and were the $705 barrel they had listed.
View Quote

That’s how mine is marked. I don’t have a pic of the full engraving on my phone.

Put my upper on a PSA M4A1 lower and tossed a 3T on to experiment. I need to grab another atlas too bc I robbed this one for my bolt gun.

Link Posted: 4/6/2024 3:38:47 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By Dobs013:

That’s how mine is marked. I don’t have a pic of the full engraving on my phone.

https://i.imgur.com/SHdfwHX.jpeg

Put my upper on a PSA M4A1 lower and tossed a 3T on to experiment. I need to grab another atlas too bc I robbed this one for my bolt gun.

https://i.imgur.com/CZjSZwt.jpeg
View Quote

I wonder if that barrel is accurate..........
Link Posted: 4/8/2024 4:51:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Mickeylightfinger] [#39]
Does anyone know what bipod the OG NSW SEAL Recce has mounted? It's the one with the 4.5-14x40 Leupold Mark 4 as found on Clone Rifles (see following pictures). https://clonerifles.com/seal-recce/
Link Posted: 4/8/2024 4:56:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Mickeylightfinger] [#40]
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 5:15:56 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 10:36:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AWHAILYEAH] [#42]

wtf is a “NSW RIS II”? 🤔
View All Quotes
Start of an NSW RIS II
https://i.imgur.com/aCIZMGC.jpg

wtf is a “NSW RIS II”? 🤔

Edited to insure Sanitized thread is sanitary..................................................................................
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 10:44:01 AM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By AWHAILYEAH:

15.1" CLE Recce RIS II..................................(AEMB is just hand screwed on it's off to be pinned)

https://i.imgur.com/NUddzUn.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/WkRv041.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/sUqyl1u.jpg

As you see a lil different flavor in caliber tho................................
View Quote

Ew brother ew what's that brother meme
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 10:51:36 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 11:04:15 AM EDT
[#45]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLg04uu2j2o
View Quote

Reddit strikes again lol.

The only ris ii NSW Recce I'm aware of is the team 2 dude's block 2 m4a1 with x24 and offset t1. Not whatever that dude posted. That needs to be in the GWOT concept thread.
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 11:07:37 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AWHAILYEAH] [#46]

The only ris ii NSW Recce I'm aware of is the team 2 dude's block 2 m4a1 with x24 and offset t1. Not whatever that dude posted. That needs to be in the GWOT concept thread.
View All Quotes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLg04uu2j2o

It’s a place where spare parts come together really not that hard a concept.  Just something to fuck off with when ya buy too much shit and really kinda meshes within grey areas throughout the clone world.  Don’t over think it

ETA:  Eyekahn is correct it has no place in here it is just a GWOT era concept and there are pics out there
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 11:50:27 AM EDT
[#47]

View Quote

It is 100% fact that current teams (I've only seen it on West coast but could be happening out East too) are employing the 14.5" Block II in a "Recce" or "DMR" role (or whatever is trendy to call it this week). It's usually paired with an SU-279/PVS (ECOS-O contract) variable optic and a bipod. There are countless photos of them doing this from the last few years. There could be an argument that that configuration fits within the topic of this thread. Hell, even the title of it differentiates between NSWDG vs SEAL, although I don't recall to date ever discussing any "SEAL" recces in here, it's mostly been centered around JSOC unit guns like nswdg, cag & 24th. Although we already have a Block II thread so…

But I agree, this weirdo concept of combining a devgru gun with big socom / seal shit like block 2 components is gross, doesn't even make any sense and needs to go in some concept thread or something. Hence my original "WTF is that?" comment. At least there was a dev recce in the last photo. The confusing and awkward tradition of people popping into the clone thread/groups with "I see your mil rifle theme, but how about I share my own version/interpretation of it, I'm sure you will be interested!" will never die. Such bizarre behavior.

SEAL Block II recces for example:

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 2:53:05 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 3:27:20 PM EDT
[#49]

It is 100% fact that current teams (I've only seen it on West coast but could be happening out East too) are employing the 14.5" Block II in a "Recce" or "DMR" role (or whatever is trendy to call it this week). It's usually paired with an SU-279/PVS (ECOS-O contract) variable optic and a bipod. There are countless photos of them doing this from the last few years. There could be an argument that that configuration fits within the topic of this thread. Hell, even the title of it differentiates between NSWDG vs SEAL, although I don't recall to date ever discussing any "SEAL" recces in here, it's mostly been centered around JSOC unit guns like nswdg, cag & 24th. Although we already have a Block II thread so…

But I agree, this weirdo concept of combining a devgru gun with big socom / seal shit like block 2 components is gross, doesn't even make any sense and needs to go in some concept thread or something. Hence my original "WTF is that?" comment. At least there was a dev recce in the last photo. The confusing and awkward tradition of people popping into the clone thread/groups with "I see your mil rifle theme, but how about I share my own version/interpretation of it, I'm sure you will be interested!" will never die. Such bizarre behavior.

SEAL Block II recces for example:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/224859/IMG_0044_JPG-3184037.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/224859/IMG_0043_JPG-3184038.JPG
View Quote

Oh yea the MK6 guns were SEAL. I always felt like those rifles were just B2 with more magnified optics, not a whole new list of components in a new configuration so I 100% agree with you.

As for the SEAL Recce vs NSWDG recce names I put in the OP, I guess I always just followed the KD4 term he coined the "SEAL Recce" in his videos and shows he was on. Both guns are strictly DEV rifles so maybe I should just change it to "OG NSWDG Recce" and "NSWDG Recce" as I just wasn't sure what to name the flush fit OPS can on the FF RAS configuration
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 6:20:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AWHAILYEAH] [#50]
I was just showing what the so called concept was but I included a pic with a legit built NSWDG in it to keep within the thread title.  It's a cool combo but not an official issued anything. Just some shit they put together out in the field for fucks sake I suppose....................

Pic thread...........................

Page / 123
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top