Page / 26
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/1/2024 7:41:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Outrider:

These are slick!
View Quote

Agreed!!! Really excited about this set, have most of my other parts on hand!
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/1/2024 8:22:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By 5L33P3R:

Agreed!!! Really excited about this set, have most of my other parts on hand!
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/478727/IMG_0632_png-3175934.JPG
View Quote

Mod 2 goodness and NT4? I like your style.
Link Posted: 4/1/2024 10:08:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Outrider:

Mod 2 goodness and NT4? I like your style.
View Quote

And it’ll all be covered up with a 13” geissele MK3… wish it was a 13.5” urx3.1 though
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 6:39:02 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By CORDrew:
I received my tan and green ano uppers from Lead and Steel. They look great. I'll post up some pictures. For $70 with ejection port cover and forward assist they are a deal. They also shipped very fast and included a bunch of stickers.
View Quote

Please post pics when you get a chance, I’m considering picking some up and would love to see them in the wild! Thanks!
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 1:08:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By -OdieGreen-:

Seriously debating swapping out my G set now. Those look great. Where’d you pick them up at?

ETA: Tano Duramags came in and I’m a fan. Should have ordered 10 more. Also got the Railscales mag button.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/61399/Photoroom_20240401_173749_jpeg-3175869.JPG
View Quote

Where'd you get the mag?
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 1:23:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By pezboytate:

Where'd you get the mag?
View Quote

Primary Arms had them on sale for $11 over the weekend. They’re back to $19 now.
https://www.primaryarms.com/duramag-556-aluminum-magazine-bronze-anodized-30-round
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 2:27:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Most of my tano parts are being delivered this weekend.

As far as tano optics go, are the NX8 and razor the two most attainable options?
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 3:11:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Bakke1:
Most of my tano parts are being delivered this weekend.

As far as tano optics go, are the NX8 and razor the two most attainable options?
View Quote

Sig Tango 6
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 3:17:36 PM EDT
[#9]

Primary Arms had them on sale for $11 over the weekend. They're back to $19 now.
https://www.primaryarms.com/duramag-556-aluminum-magazine-bronze-anodized-30-round
View Quote
These are inbound this week.

SGAmmo Bronze Duramag
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 3:25:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: -OdieGreen-] [#10]
Added some tano. (Coyote anodized RMR Type 2.)

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Going to throw some Alumahyde Earth Brown on the RM54 at some point before I get it to the range. Took PTO since my last couple range trips fell victim to other priorities. Just need to dremel the coyote dyed BCM grip to fit and get the B5 color matched FCD port cover back and this one is done.
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 3:54:02 PM EDT
[#11]

Primary Arms had them on sale for $11 over the weekend. They’re back to $19 now.
View Quote

Originally Posted By ZRXHooligan:
These are inbound this week.

SGAmmo Bronze Duramag
View Quote

Dang. I like that they are tano, obviously. But... they look like they have some non magpul follower in them. Probably not as nice as my Okay mags.
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 4:16:40 PM EDT
[#12]

Dang. I like that they are tano, obviously. But... they look like they have some non magpul follower in them. Probably not as nice as my Okay mags.
View Quote
Anecdotal but I've put several thousand rounds through duramags over the last year - they constitute most of my training mags. No issues that were clearly magazine-related.

I have Pmags and Okay for "serious use" but fwiw I wouldn't lose sleep using a duramag to defend life.
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 5:04:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: -OdieGreen-] [#13]

View Quote

They have less tilt than my USGI’s but I have no rounds through them yet. Never heard of problems with them but I’m not reaching for any aluminum mag if SHTF anyway.

Buy em’ cheap and stack em’ deep philosophy. If they don’t work I’ll toss them.
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 5:06:37 PM EDT
[#14]

They have less tilt than my USGI's but I have no rounds through them yet. Never heard of problems with them but I'm not reaching for any aluminum mag if SHTF anyway.
View Quote

I think we can still buy individual or 3 pack of Magpul followers, correct?
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 6:18:58 PM EDT
[#15]
Do they use the older GI springs that are compatible with Magpul followers?
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 9:08:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: -OdieGreen-] [#16]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Originally Posted By ZRXHooligan:

I think we can still buy individual or 3 pack of Magpul followers, correct?

Spring is shorter and I couldn’t get a USGI follower past the assembly tabs on the bottom of the mag. I don’t have any Magpul followers to test. I didn’t think to measure them at the time and I view takedown of metal AR mags to be about as appealing as hitting myself in the face with a hammer.

I didn’t know these were rebranded C-Products so that sucks. Oh well. I wouldn’t use them anywhere but the range anyway.
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 9:16:21 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Joeman8390:

Please post pics when you get a chance, I’m considering picking some up and would love to see them in the wild! Thanks!
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Joeman8390:
I received my tan and green ano uppers from Lead and Steel. They look great. I'll post up some pictures. For $70 with ejection port cover and forward assist they are a deal. They also shipped very fast and included a bunch of stickers.

The tan looks awesome. The first pic is with CMT DRT handguard, Aero Kodiak upper, Vortex Razor and G DDC lower.
The lead and steel tan is almost a RAL8000, very peanut butter.

The green is very... tan You can see it on a Geissele green rail.
For the price Im happy. Not sure how I'm going to build them out yet. Pardon the dirty gym mat.
Link Posted: 4/5/2024 1:03:33 PM EDT
[#18]
I haven't posted in here in a while. Over the last year I bought a TAC lower and a MSP upper.

The lower is gorgeous. The MSP upper is nice but it is super dark. Like darker than my burnt bronze cerakoted upper.

I'll try to get better pics this weekend with more comparisons.
Link Posted: 4/5/2024 4:00:01 PM EDT
[#19]

https://i.imgur.com/lEaWNqs.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/43p99EZ.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/EmM1ZA6.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/t1u0ln4.jpg

The tan looks awesome. The first pic is with CMT DRT handguard, Aero Kodiak upper, Vortex Razor and G DDC lower.
The lead and steel tan is almost a RAL8000, very peanut butter.

The green is very... tan You can see it on a Geissele green rail.
For the price Im happy. Not sure how I'm going to build them out yet. Pardon the dirty gym mat.
View Quote

I’m REALLY liking that tan!
Link Posted: 4/5/2024 5:44:39 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By Goody454:

I’m REALLY liking that tan!
View Quote

Thanks, me too! I'm tempted to buy a lower from them now.
Or maybe another tan (L&S calls it "Earth") stripped upper just because... I don't need any more lowers or uppers but gotta "make hay while the sun shines" when it comes to tano
Link Posted: 4/6/2024 10:29:33 PM EDT
[#21]
URG-I...

Link Posted: 4/6/2024 10:32:01 PM EDT
[#22]
SOLGW M4-76...

Link Posted: 4/6/2024 11:45:32 PM EDT
[#23]
Attachment Attached File

Tano bits and tano project… god I need to purge some of this stuff lol
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 9:52:41 AM EDT
[#24]
FCD Mallard Brown Ano
Noveske Coyote Brown Ano
TAC FDE Ano

The FCD and Noveske is pretty close to the old Geissele Sand color. I wish Geissele would do another run of sand on the Mk4 and Mk8 SMRs.
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 12:50:14 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By Bringo:
FCD Mallard Brown Ano
Noveske Coyote Brown Ano
TAC FDE Ano

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/53644732116_0a5a476702_c.jpg

The FCD and Noveske is pretty close to the old Geissele Sand color. I wish Geissele would do another run of sand on the Mk4 and Mk8 SMRs.
View Quote

Never seen the FCD or Noveske colors. Too bad they're only available on those two parts.
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 1:31:39 PM EDT
[#26]

Never seen the FCD or Noveske colors. Too bad they're only available on those two parts.
View All Quotes
FCD Mallard Brown Ano
Noveske Coyote Brown Ano
TAC FDE Ano

Right? It's a handsome shade for sure. I think it would match pretty closely with Aero's kodiak (sp?) anodizing. CMT DRT might be a little bit more peachy, but might pair well too.

Reading what I just typed, it's like I'm talking about cuts of steak and complimentary wines...
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 1:36:15 PM EDT
[#27]
FCD Mallard Brown Ano
Noveske Coyote Brown Ano
TAC FDE Ano

View Quote
That Noveske shade is pretty much peak tano to my eyes. It's almost burgundy/purple?

CMT is the closest I've seen for rails and "bigger" parts. Old school DDC was in that ballpark but ot feels like they've since moved to a pale champagne gold that's kinda meh.
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 2:19:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: -OdieGreen-] [#28]

View Quote

Agreed. I’m very unimpressed with FCD’s ejection port door tano. It’s more clean ano with a bunch of extra yellow in it. That dark coyote color is more better.
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 4:14:50 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By 135Patriots:
That Noveske shade is pretty much peak tano to my eyes. It's almost burgundy/purple?

CMT is the closest I've seen for rails and "bigger" parts. Old school DDC was in that ballpark but ot feels like they've since moved to a pale champagne gold that's kinda meh.
View All Quotes
FCD Mallard Brown Ano
Noveske Coyote Brown Ano
TAC FDE Ano

The picture of those shades vs. what they look like in real life is pretty dang close too. Pic was taken on a rainy day with natural light.
In direct sun the Noveske color is more reddish brown.

Link Posted: 4/10/2024 9:02:43 PM EDT
[#30]
FCD Mallard Brown Ano
Noveske Coyote Brown Ano
TAC FDE Ano

View Quote

I love the mallard brown! Every once in a while FCD has it in other parts from what I remember.  I think I had a mallard brown trigger guard at one time.
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 12:20:08 PM EDT
[#31]

I love the mallard brown! Every once in a while FCD has it in other parts from what I remember.  I think I had a mallard brown trigger guard at one time.
View All Quotes
FCD Mallard Brown Ano
Noveske Coyote Brown Ano
TAC FDE Ano

What?! I think I'm signed up for notifications, but I'm going to still check in on their website. They need to do some of their receiver end plates and castle nuts in that color.
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 1:52:29 PM EDT
[#32]

What?! I think I'm signed up for notifications, but I'm going to still check in on their website. They need to do some of their receiver end plates and castle nuts in that color.
View Quote

The did their end plates and castle nuts in tan/fde DLC for a while way back when.  But they no longer offer it since they switched to cerakoted colors
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 10:12:20 PM EDT
[#33]
Question for the Tano aficionados-

Are the reptilia AUS mounts all mostly that same shade of copper ano? I feel like I don’t see a lot of variance in them, or their ROF mounts. I found a PLXC today and let’s be honest, I’m concerned about it coordinating with my rifle.
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 11:30:24 PM EDT
[#34]

Are the reptilia AUS mounts all mostly that same shade of copper ano? I feel like I don't see a lot of variance in them, or their ROF mounts. I found a PLXC today and let's be honest, I'm concerned about it coordinating with my rifle.
View Quote
Attachment Attached File

Yeah, they're a consistent copper shade of tano. I've had two and they were bang on identical. You'll see the acro mount is closer to "normal" tano.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 12:44:48 AM EDT
[#35]
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/487230/1000007133_jpg-3188263.JPG
Yeah, they're a consistent copper shade of tano. I've had two and they were bang on identical. You'll see the acro mount is closer to "normal" tano.
View Quote

Ah, thank you for posting the pic. I really like the color of the reptilia mounts, I just didn’t know if maybe some of them were more on the “tobacco” spectrum.

These Fcd port covers are sweet but damn, I change my mind every day on if it’s fde and looks good, or if it’s actually clear and looks better.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 8:35:28 AM EDT
[#36]
View All Quotes

Are the reptilia AUS mounts all mostly that same shade of copper ano? I feel like I don't see a lot of variance in them, or their ROF mounts. I found a PLXC today and let's be honest, I'm concerned about it coordinating with my rifle.

I like the copper/rose gold ano...maybe I'm weird. That CMT rail is perfect!

Also, @135Patriots is that NGAL the SomoG or do you just have the hook up with Weapon Outfitters?
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 10:55:02 AM EDT
[#37]

I like the copper/rose gold ano...maybe I'm weird. That CMT rail is perfect!

Also, @135Patriots is that NGAL the SomoG or do you just have the hook up with Weapon Outfitters?
View Quote
I also prefer the rose gold/burgundy shades of tano. The pale gold is whatever.

This is a super duper fake SG ngal. I know the WO crew fairly well but called it a day at two MAWLs. It feels like a bridge too far to spend a car down-payment on LAMs so I'm quitting while I'm behind. This rifle is mostly for fun so if it doesn't hold up, oh well.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 2:26:06 PM EDT
[#38]
I haven't posted in here in a while. Over the last year I bought a TAC lower and a MSP upper.

The lower is gorgeous. The MSP upper is nice but it is super dark. Like darker than my burnt bronze cerakoted upper.

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/53633907583_616e7d075c_c.jpg  

I'll try to get better pics this weekend with more comparisons.
View Quote

Something about those DDC ALG EMRs…

Page / 26
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top