Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Forward Controls Design (Page 3 of 32)
Page / 32
Link Posted: 12/13/2020 12:47:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ArizonaRifleman] [#1]
Click To View Spoiler

Any plans to make an enhanced receiver extension?
Link Posted: 12/13/2020 1:03:20 PM EDT
[#2]
We do have RE5F, a 9 position RE compatible with Vltor's A5, it only has couple of minor changes, one is the addition of another drain hole, the other is softening of sharp corners.

Still haven't found out who decorated our pool and yard with ducks and tacos yet lol, but there'll be clues once I get there next week

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/14/2020 10:43:46 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/14/2020 11:05:09 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/14/2020 2:40:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Duffy:
We do have RE5F, a 9 position RE compatible with Vltor's A5, it only has couple of minor changes, one is the addition of another drain hole, the other is softening of sharp corners.

Still haven't found out who decorated our pool and yard with ducks and tacos yet lol, but there'll be clues once I get there next week

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/781/Capture_JPG-1729038.JPG
View Quote

So here's my dumb question:

That extension looks to be the same length as the one on my Armalite AR10 carbine. If it's one and the same as far as dimensions go, can I get away with using yours and just reuse the same spring and buffer that my Armalite came with?

(I think that I read somewhere on TOS or here, that if A5's are out of stock, that Armalite extensions can be used in it's place)
Link Posted: 12/14/2020 6:04:04 PM EDT
[#6]
You can use RE5F on 308 ARs, you need to use the correct springs and buffers, of course
Link Posted: 12/14/2020 11:33:00 PM EDT
[#7]

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/781/Capture_JPG-1729038.JPG
View Quote

Already have your REF5 on my go to SBR.  Fit and finish is nicer than my Vltor.  
Link Posted: 12/27/2020 5:35:04 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ArizonaRifleman] [#8]
Through distributors or direct from the site a few more awesome things inbound.

RHF 13.7
ASF-90
OCKS (but no gas key, those were OOS) *Chad at SOTAR makes me a bit paranoid
CNF
GPT
Snake Oil

Wanted more EPC's but those were OOS still.
Link Posted: 12/27/2020 4:54:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Roger has taken a bunch of my money and in return provided me with well-thought out parts for 5.56 and 7.62 ARs.

His hats are also very nice.
Link Posted: 12/27/2020 7:26:32 PM EDT
[#10]
Please make a FCD lower! And not CMT patterned.
Link Posted: 12/27/2020 9:06:36 PM EDT
[#11]
Few things I would like to pickup but everything is OOS.
Link Posted: 12/27/2020 10:04:08 PM EDT
[#12]
LRF will be a reality, it won't be a CMT based lower
Link Posted: 12/27/2020 10:15:28 PM EDT
[#13]
View Quote

Looking forward to seeing this!
Link Posted: 12/27/2020 11:24:04 PM EDT
[#14]
I wasn’t familiar with this company.

They have rails and talk about using on a barrel with fsb but is this a free float rail that allows fsb?  No pictures shown.  
My rifle, carbine with fsb.
Link Posted: 12/27/2020 11:37:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ArizonaRifleman] [#15]
View Quote

Centurion or SOLGW collaboration??

In
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 10:20:47 AM EDT
[#16]
Yes

Previews of LRF (FCD designation) has been shown here and there in our groups on FB.  You can expect the typical attention to detail that matters, and none of the decorations that don't.
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 3:01:20 PM EDT
[#17]
Yes

Previews of LRF (FCD designation) has been shown here and there in our groups on FB.  You can expect the typical attention to detail that matters, and none of the decorations that don't.
View Quote

How about some optics mounts in the heights that are hard to find, like 1.7”
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 3:29:16 PM EDT
[#18]
What's wrong with CMT?
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 5:07:19 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By JASIRR:
What's wrong with CMT?
View Quote

Ugly.
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 6:03:54 PM EDT
[#20]
Nothing wrong with CMT, LRF has numerous changes and requires a new canvas, CMT is great but they're not willing to make changes that differ too greatly from what they offer.
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 6:05:32 PM EDT
[#21]
wondering when the ACF's will be back? needing one to match  the rest of my rifles FCD parts. Besides the Radian Safety GI model, the rest of my lower parts and FA are FCD.
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 8:22:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ArizonaRifleman] [#22]
Originally Posted By xFREDx:
wondering when the ACF's will be back? needing one to match  the rest of my rifles FCD parts. Besides the Radian Safety GI model, the rest of my lower parts and FA are FCD.
View Quote

Rainier has ASF-90's in stock if you're interested, that's where I ordered mine from
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 10:07:28 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By Jonny1904:

Rainier has ASF-90's in stock if you're interested, that's where I ordered mine from
View Quote

no not the safety selector, the ambi charging handle. ACF
Link Posted: 12/29/2020 12:13:34 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By sdrake100:

Ugly.
View Quote

Ha.  Ok.
Link Posted: 12/31/2020 12:14:02 AM EDT
[#25]
The fact you have to ask tells me you don’t own any FCD products. They are machined and finished to perfection, and offer subtle but enhanced improvements.

Read their lengthy descriptions. They are not trying to be something they aren’t. Everything is clearly and humbly represented.
Link Posted: 12/31/2020 12:28:27 AM EDT
[Last Edit: jimmerjohn123] [#26]
Yes

View Quote

link to preview?
Link Posted: 12/31/2020 9:15:47 AM EDT
[#27]
Any chance of a ASR compatible A2 style flash hider like your 6315?
Link Posted: 12/31/2020 11:44:08 AM EDT
[#28]
We can, but no licensing agreement  means we'll continue to develop for Dead Air sound suppressors
Link Posted: 12/31/2020 1:08:21 PM EDT
[#29]
Roger shipped out an order I made on Christmas day within a few hours of ordering. I sincerely hope he didn't have to take time out of the holiday to ship off a handguard, but it goes to show the type of company he runs.

I'm at the point now where I'll order and try FCD stuff sight unseen. If they make it, I'm confident using it.
Link Posted: 12/31/2020 4:35:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: _LandCruiser_] [#30]
Originally Posted By JASIRR:

Ha.  Ok.
View Quote

Engineers like to think they're designers. They're not.
Link Posted: 1/1/2021 10:38:46 AM EDT
[#31]
We can, but no licensing agreement  means we'll continue to develop for Dead Air sound suppressors
View Quote

Was hoping not to have to change over to Key-Mo as it adds length & weight, but SilencerCo in severely lacking in muzzle device options.
Link Posted: 1/1/2021 10:50:28 AM EDT
[#32]
We'll have 4 new devices for Keymo and Key Micro.  Dead Air has been a real pleasure to work with, we're mutual admirers of each other's work
Link Posted: 1/1/2021 11:00:56 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Brackeen22] [#33]
When will y’all have some more stripped uppers? I need one real bad
Link Posted: 1/1/2021 12:16:24 PM EDT
[#34]
Just thought I'd throw in my hat with FCD... I basically require FCD RB bolt catches and ambi mag releases on every build (being a lefty).  And when I had a weird fitment issue with a receiver, I emailed Roger and he got back to me the same day.  I will use more FCD parts down the road.  :)
Link Posted: 1/1/2021 5:14:53 PM EDT
[#35]
URF-B (billet) should be out again in late Jan or early Feb, URF-F (forged) should be ready by that time as well.

The new HDSI and FCD collaboration will go live as early as next week
Link Posted: 1/1/2021 6:42:46 PM EDT
[#36]
The new HDSI and FCD collaboration will go live as early as next week
View Quote

Please do tell us more!
Link Posted: 1/2/2021 4:32:04 AM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By alpha0815:
The fact you have to ask tells me you don’t own any FCD products. They are machined and finished to perfection, and offer subtle but enhanced improvements.
View Quote

Those castle nuts though, so many machining marks.
Link Posted: 1/2/2021 5:47:32 AM EDT
[#38]
I'm a big fan because of the products I've personally tried and also because of the brief interaction with the man behind them.

If you love geeking out on AR theory, these will leave no doubt as to the amount of thought and attention to detail that goes into every aspect of FCD parts:

P&S 139 - Gun Nerds 13: Improving The AR15

P&S ModCast 216 - Gun Nerds 17: Design & Production
Link Posted: 1/2/2021 5:54:30 AM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By YeOldeCircles:

Those castle nuts though, so many machining marks.
View Quote

This was all I could find, I personally don't have a problem with that but then again I'm more of a function over form kind of person myself.

Link Posted: 1/2/2021 9:36:09 AM EDT
[#40]
Only thing I know for certain....

Thier Glock MOS plate rocks.
Link Posted: 1/2/2021 1:58:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Duffy] [#41]
The machine marks comment, not sure if that's an inside joke (in the watering hole group on FB), or a real gripe  CNFs are machined from solid bars of 4140 PH, we tumble the hell out of them but the material is already hardened, there's only so much tumbling and deburring can do.

We try not to have tool marks, but on something like the CNF, there's a limit on how long, and how much resource we want to devote to the elimination of tool marks.  It's a castle nut, we don't make jewelry, or jewelry grade, fashion, fad, life style parts.  We do make components for combat and duty weapons where cosmetics don't have any functional value.

FCD's designs have always been form follows function, and function over form.  Purpose driven shapes can look good, and I know sometimes folks buy our products because they look good, never mind we don't rely on, or use looks to attract customers.  We've toned down the aesthetics on some products to make them look distracting.  Aesthetics have always been the last part, and the part we spend the least amount of time on.
Link Posted: 1/4/2021 6:17:26 PM EDT
[#42]
Hi Roger,
I followed everyone’s advice here and nabbed what parts I could. Waiting on an ABC/R to come into stock somewhere. The EMR-A I got is beautifully made.  My only issue with it is that the paddle rattles ever so slightly when it’s not being depressed. Not a game ruiner by any means, but I was wondering if there was a hot fix for it. The take down pins are lovely. The slight extra protrusion makes them so easy to pop in and out. Also, the AA texture is amazing. There is so much bite despite being such a small surface area. Kudos for your stellar products.
Link Posted: 1/4/2021 6:40:41 PM EDT
[#43]
EMR-A's lever can rattle, this is somewhat dependent on the lower it's installed on.  As it's not spring loaded, we don't have a way to remove the movement.  If it were spring loaded, it'd stop moving, but it'd also stick out further than we like, the lever's low profile is one of EMR-A's features.

We have EMR-A v2 designed that we're investigating cost and feasibility.  EMR-A v2, if it goes to production, doesn't replace the original 2017 design, it does address the EMR-A's intolerance for out of spec lowers.
Link Posted: 1/4/2021 8:01:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: supraluke] [#44]
NOTE:
EPC is incompatible with BCM's Mk2, Aero M4E1 and Centurion Arms CM4 upper receivers.

Hey Roger, any plans to make a EPC that is compatible with M4E1 billet type uppers?
Link Posted: 1/4/2021 9:32:32 PM EDT
[#45]
Is the set screw on the trigger guard supposed to be flush with the receiver? Or screw it in until right so it’s recessed in?
Link Posted: 1/4/2021 10:05:14 PM EDT
[#46]
EMR-A's lever can rattle, this is somewhat dependent on the lower it's installed on.  As it's not spring loaded, we don't have a way to remove the movement.  If it were spring loaded, it'd stop moving, but it'd also stick out further than we like, the lever's low profile is one of EMR-A's features.

We have EMR-A v2 designed that we're investigating cost and feasibility.  EMR-A v2, if it goes to production, doesn't replace the original 2017 design, it does address the EMR-A's intolerance for out of spec lowers.
View Quote

If it is not too late in the design process, would it be possible to notch the lever so that the hammer pin will clear it?
Link Posted: 1/4/2021 10:12:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Duffy] [#47]
If it goes to production, there'd be no need to relieve the lever for the hammer pin, we paid a lot of attention to the lever length and its fulcrum, too much mechanical advantage isn't a good thing for this application.  The rear edge of the lever just clears the hammer pin hole.

As it is, current EMR-A slightly masks the hammer pin hole, we never thought it was a problem, as all the user needs to do is push the mag release button on the right in, rotate the EMR-A clockwise by 10 degrees to unmask the hammer pin hole, relieving the lever would reduce its surface area 100% of the time for the few times the user needs to access the hammer pin hole.  In terms of prioritization, as EMR-A doesn't need to be removed but only rotated a bit, hammer pin access is already there, it didn't even make it to the prioritization list.
Link Posted: 1/4/2021 10:45:29 PM EDT
[#48]
If it goes to production, there'd be no need to relieve the lever for the hammer pin, we paid a lot of attention to the lever length and its fulcrum, too much mechanical advantage isn't a good thing for this application.  The rear edge of the lever just clears the hammer pin hole.

As it is, current EMR-A slightly masks the hammer pin hole, we never thought it was a problem, as all the user needs to do is push the mag release button on the right in, rotate the EMR-A clockwise by 10 degrees to unmask the hammer pin hole, relieving the lever would reduce its surface area 100% of the time for the few times the user needs to access the hammer pin hole.  In terms of prioritization, as EMR-A doesn't need to be removed but only rotated a bit, hammer pin access is already there, it didn't even make it to the prioritization list.
View Quote

Sweet. I hope it goes into production.
Link Posted: 1/5/2021 11:31:51 AM EDT
[#49]
Will the LRF be anodized OD green?
Link Posted: 1/5/2021 4:25:17 PM EDT
[#50]
Hard to say, we need to get black out the door first lol
Page / 32
Forward Controls Design (Page 3 of 32)
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top