AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Forward Controls Design (Page 31 of 32)
Page / 32
Link Posted: 11/25/2023 12:19:51 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Ed_Victory:

This may work for you. I don’t have the M-LOK recoil lug dimensions handy but it occupies roughly half a M-LOK slot.

https://fernilab.com/shop/p/pocket-socket
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Ed_Victory:
Originally Posted By MK318:

Yeah those little pieces index with the 1301 and they take up a lot of room on that mlok slot. I may just break out the dremel and make the room needed for a sling mount. Seems to be the only solution at this point.

This may work for you. I don’t have the M-LOK recoil lug dimensions handy but it occupies roughly half a M-LOK slot.

https://fernilab.com/shop/p/pocket-socket

That’s perfect, I use a hot button on mine too. Thanks.
Link Posted: 11/25/2023 1:10:55 AM EDT
[#2]
Clear ano all the things! So I can have another reason to build an all FCD carbine.

The majority of the parts on my Q Honey Badger are clear. 7075 can definitely vary…from silver, to tan, to FDE. 6061 generally looks grey.

It all blends together quite nicely.
Link Posted: 11/25/2023 1:56:46 AM EDT
[#3]
I too am a fan of clear ano. My 12.5 is ending up two toned black and clear and looks cool.
Link Posted: 11/27/2023 2:15:18 PM EDT
[#4]
View Quote

@5L33P3R that bronze seems super light, closer to FDE

is it glossy? darker in person? closer to EoTech FDE or Vortex Razor?
Link Posted: 11/27/2023 11:32:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Is an A5 setup beneficial for a 100% suppressed 11.5”?
If so, A5H2?
Link Posted: 11/29/2023 12:33:14 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By bradpierson26:
If so, A5H2?
View Quote

Which 11.5” barrel? If we can determine the gas port size, it will be easier to know what buffer weight. Just guessing, I’d start with A5H3.
Link Posted: 11/29/2023 5:53:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By alpha0815:

Which 11.5” barrel? If we can determine the gas port size, it will be easier to know what buffer weight. Just guessing, I’d start with A5H3.
View Quote

It's not of much help without knowing what barrel is in question, but my 11.5 criterion runs an A5H3 and functions great with & without the suppressor. I'd agree that starting there is solid advice
Link Posted: 12/1/2023 1:28:28 PM EDT
[#8]
What modifications if any, can make the ACF compatible with the Sig Sauer 516 rifle?
Link Posted: 12/4/2023 9:32:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AWHAILYEAH] [#9]
Good shit happening in here......................
Link Posted: 12/6/2023 5:17:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Gordo556] [#10]
Originally Posted By bradpierson26:
If so, A5H2?
View Quote

No. Don’t fall into the a5 buffer system trap. It’s a reduced length tube, with a rifle length spring, extra compressed in the tube and a longer buffer that can weigh more. For a 458 or something with big recoil, maybe. Or if you need extra LOP.
The a5 system is a solution in search of a problem. Many manufactures have over gassed their barrels for less complaints from people shooting steel/weak ammo. And the people that want their shit to run properly with 556 power ammo suffer from that. Gas. Gas. Gas.

Get the barrel gassed right. Whether you get a properly gassed barrel from the start or get a BRT tube, gas it correct and you can run a standard milspec buffer system. F adjustable gas blocks.
Link Posted: 12/10/2023 10:52:07 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Czechers] [#11]
Was putting together a build from Black Friday deals and took a chance on the 3 position QD sling plate not knowing about this thread or the company. Good to know, looks like a high quality part. Will post a Pic once installed. I think I got the last one PA had in stock.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/17/2023 10:14:32 AM EDT
[#12]
Will any more of the NP3 bcgs be available soon? They sell out so fast that I've missed out on the last couple in stock notifications.
Link Posted: 12/17/2023 11:39:24 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By GB49:
Will any more of the NP3 bcgs be available soon? They sell out so fast that I've missed out on the last couple in stock notifications.
View Quote

I’d like to know too…..while I appreciate the demand and opportunity these things offer all the vendors, these middle of the night in stock notifications are tough (impossible) to catch in time..
Link Posted: 12/17/2023 1:48:56 PM EDT
[#14]
This entire batch is going to dealer backorders dating back to 2020 when we stopped taking backorders for them.  The next run will be serrated, these and any new SBCGs will be going to backorders till we have all of them filled.

3 years later, we're still filling back orders for EPCs, but it's not hard to find anymore.  SBCGs are time consuming to make, coat, QC and test fire, but we'll catch up on backorders one day.  Till then, we only keep what we need them for loss replacement.
Link Posted: 12/17/2023 5:49:58 PM EDT
[#15]
Hey Duffy,
Suppressor NOOB here.  If I go with your Xeno-compatible brake, how is it timed? It looks like it would be a more functional brake than the DA brake (don't know about their "wee" brake), but I'm not sure if there's anything I need to be wary of using shims for a suppressor mount...
Link Posted: 12/17/2023 6:27:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Duffy] [#16]
You'll need shims (we offer Dead Air, Precision Armament Accu-Washers, and PWA).  The side with the logo and pin hole needs to be at 6 o'clock

Torque to 20 +/- 5 ft lb, use a drop of Rocksett.  We also have Rockset in 1oz and 2 oz bottles, will soon be including a single use packet with all of our muzzle devices.
Link Posted: 12/17/2023 8:18:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Caddygrills] [#17]
Delete/
Link Posted: 12/17/2023 9:47:16 PM EDT
[#18]
Y’all go ahead and grab a  Sionics NP3 as a placeholder.
Link Posted: 12/20/2023 1:30:21 PM EDT
[#19]
Thanks to Duffy and the FCD team for making great stuff for left handed shooters.
Link Posted: 12/20/2023 3:15:47 PM EDT
[#20]
View Quote

Snagged two NP3 dimpled SBCGs a couple days ago and have seen a couple of the releases.  Great to see some out there!
Link Posted: 12/21/2023 4:28:45 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By BBOHACH:

Snagged two NP3 dimpled SBCGs a couple days ago and have seen a couple of the releases.  Great to see some out there!
View Quote

Two? Look at you go. I haven't been so lucky.
Link Posted: 12/21/2023 8:00:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Duffy] [#22]
We haven't worked with Sionics since 2021.  New and future SBCGs are made by Icon Defense / Killer Innovations.

The only things in common here is Coating Technologies in AZ coats them NP3.
Link Posted: 12/22/2023 12:18:24 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By Duffy:
We haven't worked with Sionics since 2021.  New and future SBCGs are made by Icon Defense / Killer Innovations.

View Quote

Interesting, ok. Appreciate the transparency.

Link Posted: 12/22/2023 10:03:03 AM EDT
[#24]

View Quote

Does that mean that the new BCG's will have the integral gas key feature?
Link Posted: 12/22/2023 2:19:30 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By msch42:

Does that mean that the new BCG's will have the integral gas key feature?
View Quote

I wondered the same initially but i don’t think so. It would go against FCD’s stance from their description on the SBCG product page.
Link Posted: 12/22/2023 3:44:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Duffy] [#26]
It does not, it was offered as an option to us but we chose the conventional layout.

For individuals like you and me that may not have the necessary staking tools and extra gas keys, it doesn't make too much difference whether the gas key is separate or integrated.  If something happened to the gas key, the carrier is sidelined if the user doesn't have a spare gas key, gas key screws and staking tools to easily and quickly replace the key.  It'd be easier to get a replacement from Icon Defense.

For an agency or mil, it's a different story, instead of scraping the entire carrier with a built in gas key, they are equipped to easily replace it.

The integrated gas key carrier would be more expensive, SBCG is already expensive, and we don't want to get in debates on whether it's a good idea, and for whom it's relevant, or irrelevant, so we're staying with the conventional gas key and carrier arrangement.
Link Posted: 12/22/2023 4:41:16 PM EDT
[#27]
I just placed an order for all the lower receiver parts, plus a port cover pin and aluminum port door with dual dimples, directly from FCD. In well under an hour, I got a shipping notification. Damn, that was quick! Can't wait to assemble these parts into the SOLGW/FCD ambi lower receiver.

Merry Christmas, to the team over at Forward Controls Design! You guys rock!
Link Posted: 12/22/2023 5:18:14 PM EDT
[#28]
Thank you!  Merry Christmas
Link Posted: 12/22/2023 8:43:40 PM EDT
[#29]
It does not, it was offered as an option to us but we chose the conventional layout.

For individuals like you and me that may not have the necessary staking tools and extra gas keys, it doesn't make too much difference whether the gas key is separate or integrated.  If something happened to the gas key, the carrier is sidelined if the user doesn't have a spare gas key, gas key screws and staking tools to easily and quickly replace the key.  It'd be easier to get a replacement from Icon Defense.

For an agency or mil, it's a different story, instead of scraping the entire carrier with a built in gas key, they are equipped to easily replace it.

The integrated gas key carrier would be more expensive, SBCG is already expensive, and we don't want to get in debates on whether it's a good idea, and for whom it's relevant, or irrelevant, so we're staying with the conventional gas key and carrier arrangement.
View Quote

I recently purchased an Icon integral gas bcg, and isn't the draw to their system that it takes less gas to operate? I see integral vs discrete gas key debates as basically moot, but the gas efficiency is attractive.
Link Posted: 12/23/2023 9:44:58 AM EDT
[#30]
20% improvement to gas efficiency from the patented bolt operation.
Link Posted: 2/2/2024 1:57:09 PM EDT
[#31]
Whole lot of FCD in this 416 at home build I just finished. This stuff is just great.

Upper, Parts
BCM Scratch & Dent Upper
FCD mallard brown charging handle
FCD forward assist
FCD dust cover
Scalarworks 1.93 BUIS
Aimpoint Micro T2
Scalarworks 1.93 mount
Superlative Arms carbine length piston kit
FCD SOTAR cam pin, NP3
Scionics Firing Pin, NP3
LMT e Bolt
Adams Arms Boly Spring
Scalarworks zinc spring for piston return
Noveske 10.5 CHF CL barrel
Geissele Mk8 DDC
surefire scout on arisaka online mount
fcd cable management
unity hot button

Lower, Parts
LMT MARS-L, SBR
Geissele SDC
FCD take down pins
FCD bolt catch
FCD mag button
FCD mag catch
B5 p22 grip, coyote
FCD end plate
FCD a5 castle nut
FCD a5 buffer tube, burnt bronze
FCD 50° Safety
Magpul DT stock
FCD reinforced buffer Retainer
Geissele Super42, Rifle
BCM Mk.2 T2 buffer

Suppressor Setup
TBAC Muzzle Brake, CB
EA Titanium CB / HUB Mount
Liberty Precision Machine Anthem S
Link Posted: 2/2/2024 2:30:00 PM EDT
[#32]
Wow, very nice
Link Posted: 2/4/2024 9:30:54 PM EDT
[#33]
View Quote

+ and emphatic 1
Link Posted: 2/5/2024 10:33:11 AM EDT
[#34]
Dimpled SBCG ETA is 6 to 7 weeks, with serrated version to follow in another 6 to 7 weeks.

We'll take care of dealers backorders first.
Link Posted: 2/27/2024 9:11:13 PM EDT
[#35]
Anyone have experience using the PMA to mount an optic for passive aiming through NVGs? Currently have an RMR mounted at the rear of my ACOG but it's difficult to use that setup for passive aiming unless I run my stock at an uncomfortable length. Curious if the location of the PMA would alleviate that issue.
Link Posted: 2/27/2024 10:57:23 PM EDT
[#36]
You can use a tall mount for the RDS to make it easier to use with NODs, the RDS would now be taller than the ACOG itself and might be a bit awkward to use when you're not using NODs though, but the way it works remains the same.
Link Posted: 2/28/2024 8:29:00 AM EDT
[#37]
Not quite sure I follow you. Are you just talking about Placing the MRDS on a tall/AR height mount on top of the PMA?
Link Posted: 2/28/2024 10:44:30 AM EDT
[#38]
Yep, PMA uses a Pic rail, normally for ACOGs, one would use a low mount which is nearly side by side with the ACOG  in the way of height.  If you use a taller mount, it won't be even in height anymore but would make using it with NODs easier.
Link Posted: 2/28/2024 12:01:51 PM EDT
[#39]
Make sense. May have to give it a try. Thanks for the info.
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 12:31:26 AM EDT
[#40]
Attachment Attached File

Starting a new project…
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 11:49:50 AM EDT
[#41]
It's going to be an expensive build
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 3:56:29 PM EDT
[#42]
It's going to be an expensive build
View Quote

@Duffy  only the best parts… need to give y’all another order… the geissele MK3 won’t clear the KAC mod2 gas block as much as I’d like… guess I’m going to need another one if ya’ll rails lol
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 4:45:59 PM EDT
[#43]
Thank you, please mention arfcom for duck swag
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 9:17:01 PM EDT
[#44]
Thank you, please mention arfcom for duck swag
View Quote

The Rhodesian brush stroke and 80’s splatter pattern cordura ducks are plastered across my gear! If y’all have a desert night camo one I’ll be ordering asap! Lol
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 11:21:28 PM EDT
[#45]
We don't have those anymore :(
Link Posted: 3/3/2024 12:32:35 AM EDT
[#46]
We don't have those anymore :(
View Quote

Oh well luckily I’ll still be ordering lol
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 9:49:39 PM EDT
[#47]
Are we going to see anymore Goose Grey REF?

And any other parts in grey?
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 7:49:28 PM EDT
[#48]
They'll be back in a week or two
ESF-H (end plate), CNF (castle nut), CSF (sling), and grey EPC will be back next week.
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 11:21:12 PM EDT
[#49]
They'll be back in a week or two
ESF-H (end plate), CNF (castle nut), CSF (sling), and grey EPC will be back next week.
View Quote

Awesome, thanks.
Link Posted: 4/1/2024 9:53:01 AM EDT
[#50]
Our Keymo muzzle devices are fairly well known, we started to make Plan B / Atlas muzzle devices more than a year ago.  The latest is a pure flash suppressor, 3P15.  Despite being shorter and smaller in diameter, it can go toe to toe with larger and longer flash suppressors.

From left to right: 6315RF, 3P15RF, a suppressor with Atlas-R installed, and 1215RF (brake)

Attachment Attached File
Page / 32
Forward Controls Design (Page 31 of 32)
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top