Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Tacked MRP Badness, chapter 3 (Page 141 of 143)
Page / 143
Link Posted: 1/12/2023 12:49:54 AM EDT
[#1]
Im new to the LMT game is the quad war just cut down full length quad upper?

I noticed that D. Wilson is offering an adjustable gas block conversion. I was wondering if anyone has done this conversion on a MWS barrel and how they like it? Im thinking about sending my MWS barrel in for the conversion.
Link Posted: 1/12/2023 8:47:22 AM EDT
[#2]
Yes, you hit the nail on the head. “Quadwar” is a made up funny word for a full length chop to more neatly accommodate a 12.5 barrel than a CQB upper.
Link Posted: 1/18/2023 4:04:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Any news from Shot Show 2023 regarding LMT?
So far I have not found anything new on the interwebs.
Link Posted: 1/18/2023 9:44:45 PM EDT
[#4]
they talked about their suppressors the ION 30.
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 12:48:17 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Cgonz1982:
they talked about their suppressors the ION 30.
View Quote

You mean the bricks that they parade around as cans? :P
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 11:52:43 PM EDT
[#6]
It'd be great if there was any real info on the LMT 9mm
Link Posted: 1/21/2023 12:26:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jtdam24] [#7]
Originally Posted By Hox:
It'd be great if there was any real info on the LMT 9mm
View Quote

I agree with this. I have a LMT CWS I set up with a 5.5" CMMG radial delay barrel and the AAC TiRant fits in the upper but would prefer a factory setup.

Link Posted: 1/21/2023 4:18:22 PM EDT
[#8]
yes! lol. they are way too proud about them. im still regretting my choice of first suppressor i still haven't gotten yet the sandman k, instead of the surefire, but theirs just look so heavy.
Link Posted: 1/22/2023 10:29:13 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By jtdam24:

I agree with this. I have a LMT CWS I set up with a 5.5" CMMG radial delay barrel and the AAC TiRant fits in the upper but would prefer a factory setup.

https://i.imgur.com/IO7imw1.jpg
View Quote
This is actually a stellar idea. Is that a standard AR lower with endomag internals in the magazine? I'd love to be able to do what you did with the upper, but run a lower that takes CZ scorpion mags.
Link Posted: 1/22/2023 1:41:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jtdam24] [#10]
This is actually a stellar idea. Is that a standard AR lower with endomag internals in the magazine? I'd love to be able to do what you did with the upper, but run a lower that takes CZ scorpion mags.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

https://i.imgur.com/IO7imw1.jpg

Yes sir that's correct, standard lower with endomags. It runs very well and is surprisingly very quiet.

Link Posted: 1/22/2023 7:24:44 PM EDT
[#11]

Yes sir that's correct, standard lower with endomags. It runs very well and is surprisingly very quiet.

https://i.imgur.com/o5x6r7h.jpg
View Quote
That's awesome. Thanks for sharing. Gives me something to think about for sure lol
Link Posted: 1/31/2023 8:25:16 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 2/1/2023 6:04:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: emtothedee] [#13]
Going to try the plx-c for a bit. Been trying to nail down a good optic/cheek riser height combo

1.93? 1.7? .25 riser .50 riser? Ugh

Currently setup with a 1.7 height and a .5 cheek riser

Link Posted: 2/1/2023 6:07:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: emtothedee] [#14]
Oh and can’t decide if the plx c is better for me than a gen ii 1-6. Going to try em both this weekend

Link Posted: 2/3/2023 11:46:30 AM EDT
[#15]
Snagged a 13.9 P/W off the EE, perfect fit...

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 2/8/2023 9:31:40 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By emtothedee:
Oh and can’t decide if the plx c is better for me than a gen ii 1-6. Going to try em both this weekend

https://i.vgy.me/EVuWMv.jpg
View Quote

Give us some feedback when you are available to, I'm shopping for a LPVO and I can't decide between the razor and plxc.

I've pretty much decided against the NX8, which is what I really wanted originally, but the reviews on that are all over the place.

I had a TR24 but didn't care for it during low light situations with a WML.

My priority would be 0-100 yards and usage with a WML.

I'm not looking for something that optimizes performance from the pench/prone.
Link Posted: 2/8/2023 10:20:14 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By MKEman:

Give us some feedback when you are available to, I'm shopping for a LPVO and I can't decide between the razor and plxc.

I've pretty much decided against the NX8, which is what I really wanted originally, but the reviews on that are all over the place.

View All Quotes

https://i.vgy.me/EVuWMv.jpg

You’ll want the second focal plane 1-6 then for sure
Link Posted: 2/8/2023 10:20:14 AM EDT
[Last Edit: emtothedee] [#18]
I’m debating going back to using my 16” ss barrel. These utilize a 1:7.5 twist rate. Does anyone know what advantage this twist rate is going to give me over my other barrels at distance? My 14.5 hodge and triarc converted barrels both have similar accuracy and velocity so it doesn’t feel like it makes sense to run the ss barrel since it is much heavier. However maybe the 1:7.5 twist will stabilize 77gr better at distance and group better around 5-600 yards? Anyone knowledgeable on this subject?

EDIT:
Just got off the phone with Joe from LMT. Learned A LOT. The 1:7.5 twist was geared towards bridging the gap between. Heavier and lighter weighted bullets. Also the stainless barrels are nitrited, which means you can beat the crap out of them. He said guys were putting 12k rounds a year on them and still getting 1-1.25 moa groups out of them. The ones with the 7.5 twist are also made from Rock blanks where as the newer 1:7 stainless barrels are not.

I asked about the risks of getting the barrel reprofiled, and he said it shouldn’t affect accuracy at all since the cryogenic treatment process is done from the beginning before the barrel is cut.

In addition, the “halo” cut that can be done to mlr/mlc chassis due to tolerance stacking are now standard features in newly made uppers.
Link Posted: 2/12/2023 9:20:50 AM EDT
[#19]
Ended up cleaning and doing some housekeeping on my gun safes yesterday. Sometimes I even forget what I have. I should of taken a group picture but failed to do so with the time constraints I was under.

Anyhow I realized I have 13 MRP uppers in various configurations including my newest which is another SPECWAR. Now I have one in black and one with FDE components (rail covers, buis, optic, suppressor, etc.). This is definitely a sickness! I'm thinking of going with a NF NX8 in either black or FDE for one of the SPECWAR's but I'm going back and forth on the color of the optic. The black SPECWAR currently wears a MRO with a green dot and the FDE SPECWAR is sporting a Trijicon TA31ECOS RMR in FDE.

One is wearing a Rugged Surge and the other a Surefire SOCOM 762 Mini. Love the MRP ecosystem.
Link Posted: 2/13/2023 9:14:58 AM EDT
[#20]
I’m debating going back to using my 16” ss barrel. These utilize a 1:7.5 twist rate. Does anyone know what advantage this twist rate is going to give me over my other barrels at distance? My 14.5 hodge and triarc converted barrels both have similar accuracy and velocity so it doesn’t feel like it makes sense to run the ss barrel since it is much heavier. However maybe the 1:7.5 twist will stabilize 77gr better at distance and group better around 5-600 yards? Anyone knowledgeable on this subject?

EDIT:
Just got off the phone with Joe from LMT. Learned A LOT. The 1:7.5 twist was geared towards bridging the gap between. Heavier and lighter weighted bullets. Also the stainless barrels are nitrited, which means you can beat the crap out of them. He said guys were putting 12k rounds a year on them and still getting 1-1.25 moa groups out of them. The ones with the 7.5 twist are also made from Rock blanks where as the newer 1:7 stainless barrels are not.

I asked about the risks of getting the barrel reprofiled, and he said it shouldn’t affect accuracy at all since the cryogenic treatment process is done from the beginning before the barrel is cut.

In addition, the “halo” cut that can be done to mlr/mlc chassis due to tolerance stacking are now standard features in newly made uppers.
View Quote

Good info, thanks for sharing. What is the halo cut?
Link Posted: 2/13/2023 9:55:26 AM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By JoshNC:

Good info, thanks for sharing. What is the halo cut?
View Quote

They shave a couple channels inside the chassis to add more clearance for the gasblock
Link Posted: 2/13/2023 1:43:21 PM EDT
[#22]
My fellow MRPians I just listed a 16” ss barrel. Thought I’d give y’all a heads up first
Link Posted: 2/18/2023 8:10:03 PM EDT
[#23]
More goodies on the way for this one. Going to try the Railscales RSB/P. I love the normal RSB but you can't find them anywhere. It'll be better when the Surefire SFMB gets here so I can throw the SOCOM on it as well.

Link Posted: 2/18/2023 9:41:17 PM EDT
[#24]
More goodies on the way for this one. Going to try the Railscales RSB/P. I love the normal RSB but you can't find them anywhere. It'll be better when the Surefire SFMB gets here so I can throw the SOCOM on it as well.

https://i.imgur.com/Edygqbw.jpg
View Quote

So many acronyms
Link Posted: 2/18/2023 10:01:15 PM EDT
[#25]

So many acronyms
View Quote

WTF? IRL WWYD?
Link Posted: 2/18/2023 10:23:37 PM EDT
[#26]

WTF? IRL WWYD?
View Quote

SMFH LOL
Link Posted: 2/20/2023 4:19:17 PM EDT
[#27]

https://i.imgur.com/Edygqbw.jpg
View Quote

Good lord...

That thing looks like a brick...
Link Posted: 2/27/2023 5:09:36 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 2/28/2023 2:01:56 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By AZ2A:
https://i.ibb.co/bzj2rLQ/LMT-PS-2.jpg
View Quote

Put the atacr on this for fucks sake
Link Posted: 3/2/2023 11:01:39 AM EDT
[#30]
Recent hunting setup.

Link Posted: 3/3/2023 5:05:17 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 3/4/2023 12:59:03 PM EDT
[#32]

View Quote

@jtdam24 Did you have the barrel modified to do that? D.Wilson?

Have a similar set up on a traditional AR upper, but it would be really cool to convert for the CSW
Link Posted: 3/4/2023 2:58:50 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By oldbrowndog:

Have a similar set up on a traditional AR upper, but it would be really cool to convert for the CSW
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By oldbrowndog:

Hey, yes D Wilson did the conversion and he did an awesome job!
Link Posted: 3/5/2023 5:44:20 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 3/12/2023 9:23:43 AM EDT
[#35]
Still have a couple finishing touches left to do and I'd like to end up with a FDE NF NX8 or other LPVO on it. But it's good for now. As much as I love fde I think I like my black specwar a little better.

Link Posted: 3/12/2023 10:09:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: runguns] [#36]
Any 12.5” Specwar owners in here that use a BRT gas tube? Interested in hearing feedback
Link Posted: 3/13/2023 4:32:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: emtothedee] [#37]
New home defense setup. Tempted to get a 300blk barrel for it

Link Posted: 3/16/2023 12:18:27 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 2apatriot] [#38]
Disregard
Link Posted: 3/18/2023 2:58:43 PM EDT
[#39]

https://i.vgy.me/hkQVCK.jpg
View Quote

I'd like to have one of those SLK8 uppers.
Link Posted: 3/19/2023 8:13:52 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By MonolithicRP:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By MonolithicRP:

https://i.vgy.me/hkQVCK.jpg

They’re pretty awesome no doubt
Link Posted: 3/22/2023 8:30:38 PM EDT
[#41]
Brethren with LMT H. I know you are all biased by the superiority of the LMT.  I know the monolithic rail advantage is forward mounting optics and holding a laser zero, and quick barrel changes. I’m a thermal guy myself (soon). Is the LMT that much more worth it than doing say an aero M5 build? We’re talking going from 1k to 3-4K with different barrels for the LMT 13.5 LW 7.62 and a 20 steel 7.62. I like the idea of the versatility. What say yee?
Link Posted: 3/23/2023 11:36:36 AM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By MRTEX:
Brethren with LMT H. I know you are all biased by the superiority of the LMT.  I know the monolithic rail advantage is forward mounting optics and holding a laser zero, and quick barrel changes. I’m a thermal guy myself (soon). Is the LMT that much more worth it than doing say an aero M5 build? We’re talking going from 1k to 3-4K with different barrels for the LMT 13.5 LW 7.62 and a 20 steel 7.62. I like the idea of the versatility. What say yee?
View Quote

No.

Quick change barrels are a gimmick.  There's utility behind the feature but it requires a zero confirmation each time.  If the logistics requirements don't bother you then the utility is worth it.

With most thermal weapon sights, they sit on the top rail of the receiver.  If you're going to be using a clip on setup then perhaps the MRP platform can help you as its exceptionally rigid.

LMT makes a nice gun but its not magic.  There are a few instances where they excel but they're not really quantifiably better than their competitors.
Link Posted: 3/23/2023 11:49:38 AM EDT
[Last Edit: emtothedee] [#43]
Originally Posted By Magsz18:

No.

Quick change barrels are a gimmick.  There's utility behind the feature but it requires a zero confirmation each time.  If the logistics requirements don't bother you then the utility is worth it.

With most thermal weapon sights, they sit on the top rail of the receiver.  If you're going to be using a clip on setup then perhaps the MRP platform can help you as its exceptionally rigid.

LMT makes a nice gun but its not magic.  There are a few instances where they excel but they're not really quantifiably better than their competitors.
View Quote

Until you’re on a round count of 5-10k+. Lucas Botkin did somewhat of a torture test of his aero 308 and it failed miserably. Accuracy, reliability, and robustness, I believe, can be quantifiable. LMT would be toward the top end of those.
Link Posted: 3/23/2023 12:06:40 PM EDT
[#44]

Until you’re on a round count of 5-10k+. Lucas Botkin did somewhat of a torture test of his aero 308 and it failed miserably. Accuracy, reliability, and robustness, I believe, can be quantifiable. LMT would be toward the top end of those.
View Quote

The Aero gun is almost a third of the price of the LMT.  Just rebarrel the Aero.

My specific post was not specifically addressing the Aero versus LMT question.  I was merely opining on the LMT as a standalone offering.
Link Posted: 3/23/2023 12:36:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: emtothedee] [#45]

The Aero gun is almost a third of the price of the LMT.  Just rebarrel the Aero.

My specific post was not specifically addressing the Aero versus LMT question.  I was merely opining on the LMT as a standalone offering.
View All Quotes

Right on. Specifically talking about the aero though, it wasn’t shooting the barrel out. It was catastrophic failure to the bolt carrier and firing pin as well as hand guard screws coming loose. I think you get what you pay for and you’d be hard pressed to find something that does all the things as well as an lmt mws does at a fraction of the cost. You’ll have a big trade off somewhere
Link Posted: 3/25/2023 5:56:05 PM EDT
[#46]

Everything is cyclical. LMT shit will be sitting on shelves at some point in the future and those of us that are patient will be able to get what we want.
View Quote

12 years later...
Link Posted: 3/25/2023 10:01:18 PM EDT
[#47]

12 years later...
View Quote

I can go buy an MLC carbine right now IF I wanted one.

A year ago...absolutely not.

Cyclical.  It will never be an LMT buffet but it will get better.
Link Posted: 3/26/2023 10:59:28 AM EDT
[#48]

I can go buy an MLC carbine right now IF I wanted one.

A year ago...absolutely not.

Cyclical.  It will never be an LMT buffet but it will get better.
View Quote

Haha, just a little bit of humor.  It's definitely much better now vs even two months ago.  I was just scrolling through old parts of this thread and though that was funny.  I told myself the same thing then, and I'm still telling myself that now.
Link Posted: 4/3/2023 8:55:36 PM EDT
[#49]
Does anyone know what the weight of a complete (bcg ch barrel) factory 12.5” specwar upper is?
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 11:33:52 AM EDT
[#50]
Page / 143
Tacked MRP Badness, chapter 3 (Page 141 of 143)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top