Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Tacked MRP Badness, chapter 3 (Page 142 of 143)
Page / 143
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 9:23:52 AM EDT
[#1]
Anybody else throw down for the preorder for OD Green anodized Specwar or MRGG-S pistol pre-order from Distributors of Democracy?
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 10:14:12 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 10:42:14 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Hox:
Anybody else throw down for the preorder for OD Green anodized Specwar or MRGG-S pistol pre-order from Distributors of Democracy?
View Quote

3k damn. I wonder what I could get for my complete tano mlr…5k maybe?
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 1:10:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By emtothedee:

3k damn. I wonder what I could get for my complete tano mlr…5k maybe?
View Quote

I've got a cerakoted limited edition 10.5 inch MLC complete gun that i'm having trouble selling.  Perhaps if you found the right buyer? :)
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 10:48:17 PM EDT
[#5]

3k damn. I wonder what I could get for my complete tano mlr 5k maybe?
View Quote
Honestly, maybe. Lol especially since the MLR itself has been AWOL from the market for awhile. Wait for election season, and I say definitely lol
Originally Posted By Magsz18:

I've got a cerakoted limited edition 10.5 inch MLC complete gun that i'm having trouble selling.  Perhaps if you found the right buyer? :)
View Quote
The cerakote doesn't bring the same allure as factory anodized. It's cool, just not AS cool.
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 12:54:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Honestly, maybe. Lol especially since the MLR itself has been AWOL from the market for awhile. Wait for election season, and I say definitely lol
The cerakote doesn't bring the same allure as factory anodized. It's cool, just not AS cool.
View Quote

I don't disagree.

However, it's the only way to get a green MRP right now...lol.  Key word right now. :)
Link Posted: 4/17/2023 2:52:16 PM EDT
[#7]
It looks like a 13.9 inch barrel works perfect on the MLR and I seen a few 13.7”s
I’m curious if the 13.7 needs a spacer to run a sup.  I was debating on doing a Niveske 13.7 conversion for the LMT but I want to run my dead air on it.  For those who have a 13.7 inch did you need to do anything?  Thanks
Link Posted: 4/17/2023 4:31:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Shootdr1:
It looks like a 13.9 inch barrel works perfect on the MLR and I seen a few 13.7”s
I’m curious if the 13.7 needs a spacer to run a sup.  I was debating on doing a Niveske 13.7 conversion for the LMT but I want to run my dead air on it.  For those who have a 13.7 inch did you need to do anything?  Thanks
View Quote

I think if you order a flush fit chop and rethread from dwilson it comes in around 13.8
Link Posted: 4/18/2023 1:43:31 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 4/21/2023 10:50:37 AM EDT
[#10]
Joined the LMT fun once again. Grip will be tossed sometime soon and a 13.5" lightweight barrel is hopefully coming in soon. Sadly UPS seems to be screwing around with it or something.

Link Posted: 4/21/2023 12:13:18 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Zerlak:
Joined the LMT fun once again. Grip will be tossed sometime soon and a 13.5" lightweight barrel is hopefully coming in soon. Sadly UPS seems to be screwing around with it or something.

https://i.imgur.com/VdlTXaV.jpg
View Quote

🍆
Link Posted: 4/28/2023 8:31:12 PM EDT
[#12]
Updated to a 13.5" lightweight with pin/welded Legacy Surefire flash hider.

Link Posted: 4/28/2023 9:36:11 PM EDT
[#13]
This is so good

https://i.imgur.com/gNtrTCy.jpg
View Quote

My tano safe queen

Link Posted: 4/28/2023 10:00:52 PM EDT
[#14]
This is so good

My tano safe queen

https://i.vgy.me/xobU9L.jpg
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
This is so good

https://i.imgur.com/gNtrTCy.jpg

My tano safe queen

https://i.vgy.me/xobU9L.jpg

That looks awesome. Seriously wish I had a tano MARSH, damn things are so expensive.
Link Posted: 4/30/2023 9:05:10 AM EDT
[#15]
Pre-orders for complete FDE mars-l (13.25" mlok) rifles at titan defense for $2400 after shipping (no tax).

I got tired of waiting of waiting for MLR uppers, $2400 isn't too bad for a complete FDE rifle.
Link Posted: 4/30/2023 5:38:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TheRat] [#16]
Originally Posted By MKEman:
Pre-orders for complete FDE mars-l (13.25" mlok) rifles at titan defense for $2400 after shipping (no tax).

I got tired of waiting of waiting for MLR uppers, $2400 isn't too bad for a complete FDE rifle.
View Quote

About that..... https://www.titandefense.com/LMT-AR-15-Upper-MRP-L-MLOK-1325-FDE_p_593.html

(Preorder, showing as being able to add to cart as of the time of this post.)
Link Posted: 4/30/2023 11:17:04 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By TheRat:

About that..... https://www.titandefense.com/LMT-AR-15-Upper-MRP-L-MLOK-1325-FDE_p_593.html

(Preorder, showing as being able to add to cart as of the time of this post.)
View Quote

Hmm...

I don't have a FDE lower.  Not really into the two tone look, maybe I'll just send my existing lower out for coating.

I might have to cancel the rifle order and pick up just the upper.  I appreciate the heads up.

Link Posted: 5/15/2023 12:30:27 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 6/9/2023 4:16:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bigtex84] [#19]
Link Posted: 6/10/2023 11:16:33 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 7/3/2023 10:32:18 AM EDT
[#21]
For the folks running a 12.5" piston gun with a muzzle device for a suppressor.  Any issues getting the gas plug/piston past the muzzle device?

I'm thinking about trying to put together a 12.5" piston with a "quad nose" upper.  I'd want to run my Surefire suppressor,  but the clearance for the plug/rod looks pretty tiny.

My MARS-L lower currently hosts an 11.5" SIG 516 upper, but the draw to make it all LMT is strong right now.
Link Posted: 7/4/2023 11:08:59 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Dr_Nimslow:
For the folks running a 12.5" piston gun with a muzzle device for a suppressor.  Any issues getting the gas plug/piston past the muzzle device?

I'm thinking about trying to put together a 12.5" piston with a "quad nose" upper.  I'd want to run my Surefire suppressor,  but the clearance for the plug/rod looks pretty tiny.

My MARS-L lower currently hosts an 11.5" SIG 516 upper, but the draw to make it all LMT is strong right now.
View Quote

I can get the piston out of mine with an Asr muzzle break.  It doesn’t come straight out but I can angle it enough that it comes out easy.
Link Posted: 7/7/2023 3:46:37 PM EDT
[#23]
I recently picked this up after missing a .308 gas gun in the safe. I haven’t decided on an optic yet, but I’ve been leaning towards a ta110.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/7/2023 9:22:32 PM EDT
[#24]
I'm back in the LMT game, picked up this 16" for an amazing price!
The iron sights are some of the best I've used.

Attachment Attached File

Few questions:
Looks like the coating is coming off in the barrel. Normal? Tried cleaning it and it didn't change.
Attachment Attached File

What are the treads for in the upper pic rail area?
Attachment Attached File

I shot it this past weekend in the OEM configuration, shoots amazing. Want to shoot it suppressed next weekend. Was going to use a bootleg BCG. What have you used to make it run well suppressed?

Last question, has anyone had Wilson make a barrel in 6.5 Grendel? If so which barrel did you start with, gas block, and how were the groups?
Link Posted: 8/9/2023 3:21:30 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Magsz18] [#25]
Originally Posted By DuneShoot:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/247601/IMG_8760_jpg-2911926.JPG

Few questions:
Looks like the coating is coming off in the barrel. Normal? Tried cleaning it and it didn't change.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/247601/IMG_8728_jpg-2911925.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/247601/IMG_8729_jpg-2912009.JPG

I shot it this past weekend in the OEM configuration, shoots amazing. Want to shoot it suppressed next weekend. Was going to use a bootleg BCG. What have you used to make it run well suppressed?

Last question, has anyone had Wilson make a barrel in 6.5 Grendel? If so which barrel did you start with, gas block, and how were the groups?
View Quote

I run my LMT's with CMC bolts or Lantac E-BCG's.  I couple this with an A5h2 and a Sprinco green spring.  Even with high backpressure cans like a YHM turbo the gas to the face is very mild and the ejection with XM193 is about 3 o'clock.  The guns run really, really well.
Link Posted: 8/11/2023 9:29:29 PM EDT
[#26]
What are options for bipod adapter here  I have some short pic rail sections went on post paint job, but isn't there a direct bolt on bipod stud option?   It's not mlock  it's not keymod   Wtf should I be searching for  
Link Posted: 8/20/2023 4:56:57 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By DuneShoot:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/247601/IMG_8760_jpg-2911926.JPG

Few questions:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/247601/IMG_8728_jpg-2911925.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/247601/IMG_8729_jpg-2912009.JPG

View Quote
I wouldn't worry about the barrel extension.

Threads are left over feature from years ago. They are 1/4"-20 TPI. There were direct mount m203 sights and some laser mounts that would interface with them back in the day I believe.

For my suppressed anything, I run LMT E-carriers, Tubbs flatwire springs, and H2 buffers. Worked well for me.

D Wilson can convert any barrel you desire as far as I know, so I'd visit the 6.5 forums and do more research in the 6.5 specific world to get info on the best 6.5 barrels.
Link Posted: 8/20/2023 6:54:38 PM EDT
[#28]
I wouldn't worry about the barrel extension.

Threads are left over feature from years ago. They are 1/4"-20 TPI. There were direct mount m203 sights and some laser mounts that would interface with them back in the day I believe.

For my suppressed anything, I run LMT E-carriers, Tubbs flatwire springs, and H2 buffers. Worked well for me.

D Wilson can convert any barrel you desire as far as I know, so I'd visit the 6.5 forums and do more research in the 6.5 specific world to get info on the best 6.5 barrels.
View Quote
Thank you for the info!
I tried it suppressed with the OEM buffer and a bootleg carrier. Ran perfect so far.
Link Posted: 9/6/2023 11:27:38 PM EDT
[#29]
Called LMT today and they said they should have a batch of od green mlr uppers sent to a vendor before the end of the year.  Figured I’d pass this along to people who have paid in full for one at titan defense.
Link Posted: 9/7/2023 8:49:23 AM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By redwoodm4:
Called LMT today and they said they should have a batch of od green mlr uppers sent to a vendor before the end of the year.  Figured I’d pass this along to people who have paid in full for one at titan defense.
View Quote

That is good news, thanks for the heads up!

I got tired of waiting and bought a regular MLR upper from another source to finish my build, since it was going to get spray painted anyways. Now with this pending preorder I don't know if I should use it to start another build or put it on EE when it eventually arrives.
Link Posted: 9/15/2023 1:15:01 AM EDT
[#31]
LMT crew, would you trade a like new 2013 Colt SOCOM M4A1 (no US property markings like later) for a LMT rifle length LM8 MRP? Granted I’d probably have to throw about $200 on top of the Colt to get it.  

Worth it or skip it and buy an MLok Version when they are finally available again.
Link Posted: 9/15/2023 2:12:57 AM EDT
[Last Edit: M4A1] [#32]
Originally Posted By Tengo1:
LMT crew, would you trade a like new 2013 Colt SOCOM M4A1 (no US property markings like later) for a LMT rifle length LM8 MRP? Granted I'd probably have to throw about $200 on top of the Colt to get it.  

Worth it or skip it and buy an MLok Version when they are finally available again.
View Quote
I would wait for the MLok, not a big fan of the LM8.
Plus, they are already available. Check Titan Defense and V1 Tactical. They have MRP and MWS MLok product come in all the time. It usually sells out in a few days though. Get on the email notification list for the items you want.
I've seen pretty much all of the LMT Mlok uppers back in stock in the past couple months. You just have to be able to hop online and purchase fast.

Lastly, i would keep that classic Colt M4A1 in your collection.
Link Posted: 9/15/2023 1:30:01 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By M4A1:
Lastly, i would keep that classic Colt M4A1 in your collection.
View Quote

^ User name checks out...

Agreed.  I'd keep the Colt.
Link Posted: 9/15/2023 5:17:50 PM EDT
[#34]
Specwar with some FDE

And it's twin in black
Link Posted: 9/16/2023 3:04:57 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 9/17/2023 1:41:12 AM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By jtdam24:
Specwar with some FDE
https://i.imgur.com/JXfuCux.jpg

And it's twin in black
https://i.imgur.com/mGddGpU.jpg
View Quote

How is the Specwar? Been attempting to sell some stuff to fund a Specwar to go with my MARS-H but thus far no luck.
Link Posted: 10/8/2023 10:45:56 PM EDT
[#37]

How is the Specwar? Been attempting to sell some stuff to fund a Specwar to go with my MARS-H but thus far no luck.
View All Quotes
Specwar with some FDE
https://i.imgur.com/JXfuCux.jpg

And it's twin in black
https://i.imgur.com/mGddGpU.jpg

Love the Specwar's!
Link Posted: 10/8/2023 10:54:49 PM EDT
[#38]
Took this one out today for a couple minute range session (backyard), dropper the bolt on a mag filled with Remington 220gr 300BO. It felt like the bolt didn't drop all the way into battery and when I looked sure enough it didn't. I had to mortar the round out, and when I did tge projectile separated from the case and left the projectile stuck in the barrel. One quick tap from a cleaning rod and it popped out. This is the second time this has happened. What's everybody else using for 300BO subs?

Link Posted: 10/10/2023 5:36:01 PM EDT
[#39]
Took this one out today for a couple minute range session (backyard), dropper the bolt on a mag filled with Remington 220gr 300BO. It felt like the bolt didn't drop all the way into battery and when I looked sure enough it didn't. I had to mortar the round out, and when I did tge projectile separated from the case and left the projectile stuck in the barrel. One quick tap from a cleaning rod and it popped out. This is the second time this has happened. What's everybody else using for 300BO subs?

https://i.imgur.com/PfSFtwq.jpg
View Quote

While not LMT, my .300BLK with a Q barrel does some funny things like that when loading from a fresh mag. I always chalked it up to being a home-built .300BLK issues. Also, my reliability goes to shit as soon as there's some gunk built up in the receiver.

Made some changes to my 13.5in MARS-H. The tan furniture/optic got pulled for a new project where I've got D.Wilson doing some work on a Proof barrel for me.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/17/2023 9:01:26 AM EDT
[#40]
" />
Link Posted: 10/19/2023 9:08:05 PM EDT
[#41]
D.Wilson did the magic on a Proof barrel

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 9:16:38 PM EDT
[#42]
That's better....

AEM5-30 spun on
Link Posted: 10/22/2023 12:10:06 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 11/15/2023 1:53:52 AM EDT
[#44]
Titan Defense has some Specwar uppers in stock if anyone is looking for one...

https://www.titandefense.com/l7z1a.html
Link Posted: 11/19/2023 9:47:46 AM EDT
[#45]
Question for the group because I'm sure someone has already dealt with it...

I want to put a red dot on my CQB upper.  I have a few barrels for it (10.5/12.5/and 13.7) and being able to dial POI differences between the barrels is important to me.  Which red dot would be best suited for this?  I don't really pay attention to the RDS world so I have no idea what is out there.  My initial thought is that the eotechs would best for this task due to how easy it is to read adjustments on them compared to aimpoints.

Am I asking for too much?  Should I abandon this idea?

Link Posted: 11/19/2023 3:53:05 PM EDT
[#46]
Question for the group because I'm sure someone has already dealt with it...

I want to put a red dot on my CQB upper.  I have a few barrels for it (10.5/12.5/and 13.7) and being able to dial POI differences between the barrels is important to me.  Which red dot would be best suited for this?  I don't really pay attention to the RDS world so I have no idea what is out there.  My initial thought is that the eotechs would best for this task due to how easy it is to read adjustments on them compared to aimpoints.

Am I asking for too much?  Should I abandon this idea?

View Quote

I think you’re looking at the wrong product. I don’t know of any quality RDS that make dialing as convenient as a scope.   RDS are “set it and forget it”, with your main choice being zero distance.
Link Posted: 11/19/2023 4:16:20 PM EDT
[#47]
It works ok with an eotech. That's what I use and swap between 556 and 300blk. Different color paint pen dot for each barrel, just remember which way you have to turn between the two. I always confirm on paper though. Eotech clicks are probably the worst, it's just easier to mark the adjustments than the other options.
Link Posted: 11/19/2023 7:10:11 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By Capta:

I think you’re looking at the wrong product. I don’t know of any quality RDS that make dialing as convenient as a scope.   RDS are “set it and forget it”, with your main choice being zero distance.
View Quote

That's what I was afraid of.  I was hoping something "new" came out in the past few years that made this feasible.
Link Posted: 11/19/2023 8:22:49 PM EDT
[#49]

That's what I was afraid of.  I was hoping something "new" came out in the past few years that made this feasible.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Capta:

FWIW the Aimpoint CompM5 has a BDC elevation turret option for 1/2/3/400m.
There’s also a mount for the CompM4 that has a BDC cam built it.  I think it’s called the BAM and it’s stupid expensive.
Link Posted: 12/20/2023 8:04:39 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 143
Tacked MRP Badness, chapter 3 (Page 142 of 143)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top