Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Tacked MRP Badness, chapter 3 (Page 143 of 143)
Page / 143
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/21/2023 7:14:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: blake-b] [#1]
for those not aware, LMT is having a 12 days of Christmas sale.  Some pretty good deals there.

LMT's 12 Days of Christmas

I am posting so everything gets sold out and I can't buy anything.
Link Posted: 1/20/2024 10:23:27 PM EDT
[#2]
So I have a first world problem I need help deciding on. I have 2 Specwars completed, 1 in black and 1 in FDE (rail covers, pistol grip,buis, can, rifle is not coated/black). I decided to grab some new optics and went with

FDE Nightforce nx8 1-8
FDE Aimpoint ACRO P2
Badger Ordnance C1

I ordered the C1 in tan but recieved it in black. Originally I figured I could throw it on either Specwar if/when needed (black and fde versions). When I received the black C1 I was irritated not because of the mistake just due to the fact that I wanted to get it on and mounted etc., and also I'm terrible with having the patience to send it back and wait for the correct mount to come in again. I mocked it up and honestly it doesn't look bad but I'm fairly OCD.

What's your thoughts,  live with the black C1 which isn't terrible at all or send it back and get the tan?

TLDR- black or tan is mo betta?
Link Posted: 1/21/2024 2:47:54 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By jtdam24:
So I have a first world problem I need help deciding on. I have 2 Specwars completed, 1 in black and 1 in FDE (rail covers, pistol grip,buis, can, rifle is not coated/black). I decided to grab some new optics and went with

FDE Nightforce nx8 1-8
FDE Aimpoint ACRO P2
Badger Ordnance C1

I ordered the C1 in tan but recieved it in black. Originally I figured I could throw it on either Specwar if/when needed (black and fde versions). When I received the black C1 I was irritated not because of the mistake just due to the fact that I wanted to get it on and mounted etc., and also I'm terrible with having the patience to send it back and wait for the correct mount to come in again. I mocked it up and honestly it doesn't look bad but I'm fairly OCD.

What's your thoughts,  live with the black C1 which isn't terrible at all or send it back and get the tan?

View Quote

Tan is the way
Link Posted: 1/21/2024 7:08:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jtdam24] [#4]
Originally Posted By emtothedee:

Tan is the way
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By emtothedee:

FDE Nightforce nx8 1-8
FDE Aimpoint ACRO P2
Badger Ordnance C1

Tan is the way

Pics may be helpful-

I think the black mount is growing on me. FDE ACRO will be here on Tuesday
Link Posted: 1/21/2024 10:18:29 PM EDT
[#5]
I like that more than I thought it would... But I'd still send it back for FDE.
Link Posted: 1/21/2024 11:04:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Buck_Naked] [#6]
LMT has a sale on a 20" 6.5 CM Barrel for the MWS... Its got a CIP chamber rather than SAAMI, but its got price thats hard to pass  on if you are looking to add a Creedmoore barrel - $549

https://lmtdefense.com/product/20-6-5-creedmoor-cip/

LMT® 20″ stainless steel 1:8″ RH 5R cut 6.5 Creedmoor barrel for MWS upper receivers. Includes low profile gas block, straight gas tube, A2 flash hider.

This 6.5CM barrel has a CIP chamber vs a SAAMI specified chamber. The CIP or Permanent International Commission for the Proof of Small Arms, is the European standardization program established to govern the production of arms and ammunition and standardize firearm attributes like proof markings, chamber pressures and chamber dimensions along with procedures to measure these attributes. These barrels have been shot and tested to meet LMT Defense performance standards using US commercial 6.5 Creedmoor ammunition.
Link Posted: 1/22/2024 7:33:17 PM EDT
[#7]

Maybe one of the more oddball MRP builds you’ll see, basically a GPR starting with OD KP-15 lower to bring the weight down to “average” range. MRP-L is 2 ounces lighter than the Quad, and the KP15 is about 8 ounces lighter than an LMT MARS-L lower, so the base rifle is 10 ounces off an LMT Quad rifle. This rifle weighs 8pounds - 11oz as pictured, no magazine.  Noticeably lighter.
ACOG TA02 w/RMR, using the KRAM 5.5 to get it back and over the offset rear, which also has a significant benefit for rolling the RMR optic to the left eye. Without the KRAM, I had to hunt for the dot a bit, but with it I roll left and it’s there. A KRAM 7.0 might work even better.
Surefire M340DFT. Haven’t had much time to play with the light yet, but it’s bigger and heavier than the old M300s.
Dueck offset irons. I had been moving away from irons over the last few years. However, having watched a shitload of combat footage from Ukraine, I now feel this is a mistake.  IMO irons belong on a rifle, and ideally they should be immediately available without removing the optic. This means either a RDS and 12:00 irons, or ACOG and offset irons. I was skeptical, but they work.
The one problem I haven’t been able to solve yet is that I like a forward sling, and the new Magpul mounts don’t play well with LMT uppers. It’s really annoying they went this direction because I had mounts that worked for me before.
Link Posted: 2/5/2024 12:21:00 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 2/12/2024 6:32:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Been a while since I posted in here so figured I'd share some photos from a recent shoot

Link Posted: 2/13/2024 11:19:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Decided to make myself a 12" 6arc barrel for my Specwar.

Link Posted: 2/14/2024 1:41:42 PM EDT
[#11]
Assembled 6arc Specwar with some prototype ARCA rails

Link Posted: 2/16/2024 11:15:42 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By unclemoak:

https://i.imgur.com/1eaVv6s.jpg
View Quote

That looks like a very capable setup!
Link Posted: 2/17/2024 3:18:35 AM EDT
[#13]

https://i.imgur.com/1eaVv6s.jpg
View Quote
Nice work.
Link Posted: 2/18/2024 6:35:55 PM EDT
[#14]
I like soecwars too
Link Posted: 2/23/2024 5:05:02 AM EDT
[#15]
I like soecwars too
https://i.imgur.com/Sp5MJfJ.jpg
View Quote
Great set ups.
Link Posted: 2/23/2024 10:20:10 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By M4A1:
Great set ups.
View Quote

Thanks brother.
Link Posted: 2/24/2024 7:10:53 PM EDT
[#17]

Link Posted: 3/2/2024 11:13:46 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 9:20:40 PM EDT
[#19]
Was out hog hunting a couple weekends ago with the 6arc.

Link Posted: 3/19/2024 6:46:33 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 6:47:32 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 6:49:08 PM EDT
[#22]
Visited some friends up at Badger today and upgraded my mounting setup along with a few other pieces. If you look close, you may see a soon-to-be released part.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 3:31:44 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By joesrcool:
Visited some friends up at Badger today and upgraded my mounting setup along with a few other pieces. If you look close, you may see a soon-to-be released part.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/179240/20240322_142302__2__jpg-3166406.JPG
View Quote

VERY nice looking setup indeed!

Is that a Badger Ordnance Selector Switch I see?  

Link Posted: 3/23/2024 7:59:47 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By Sniper3142:

VERY nice looking setup indeed!

Is that a Badger Ordnance Selector Switch I see?  

View Quote

Indeed it is. The guys at the shop have been pushing for me to try one out for a while now, so I finally pulled the trigger on one.
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 8:24:19 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 9:06:28 PM EDT
[#26]
Was out hog hunting a couple weekends ago with the 6arc.

https://i.imgur.com/N6tvfwi.jpg
View Quote

That is one awesome looking setup!

I'm planning on a very similar build with a 18 inch Proof Barrel.   Quick question:  Can you remove the barrel with those ARCA rails installed?

Link Posted: 4/27/2024 2:08:50 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By Sniper3142:

That is one awesome looking setup!

I'm planning on a very similar build with a 18 inch Proof Barrel.   Quick question:  Can you remove the barrel with those ARCA rails installed?

View Quote

I honestly haven't tried. Though I'm sure with the low profile hardware included, it would be close.

MWS Version

Link Posted: 5/2/2024 12:19:44 AM EDT
[#28]
Considering two uppers:

LMT MLOK 13.5” rifle upper. Would have barrels cut down to 13.9” to have a flush suppressor.

Or

LMT MLOK SPECWAR upper. With barrels cut down to flush for the same look.

Rifle length barrels are much easier to get them specwar barrels. At least right now. Specwar is really only saving my 2”.

What would you do? And why?
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 6:47:32 AM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By Tengo1:
Considering two uppers:

LMT MLOK 13.5” rifle upper. Would have barrels cut down to 13.9” to have a flush suppressor.

Or

Rifle length barrels are much easier to get them specwar barrels. At least right now. Specwar is really only saving my 2”.

View Quote

What do you want to do with the gun?

If your focus is entry and short range engagements or home defense I would wait for the Specwar setup to come to fruition.

If you want a general purpose, do it all gun, go with the 13.9.

Suppression also plays into this.  If you want to suppress the gun and not run a K can, I would go with the spec war.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 9:48:18 AM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By Tengo1:
Considering two uppers:

LMT MLOK 13.5" rifle upper. Would have barrels cut down to 13.9" to have a flush suppressor.

Or

Rifle length barrels are much easier to get them specwar barrels. At least right now. Specwar is really only saving my 2".

View Quote

A normal 16" mid-length barrel for either can easily be shortened and threaded to the appropriate length to be flush with the respective upper.

Link Posted: 5/2/2024 9:08:36 PM EDT
[#31]
Checked my email before heading off to sleep and saw that Titan Defense has factory FDE MRP Specwars in stock.....and I bought one.
Page / 143
Next Page Arrow Left
Tacked MRP Badness, chapter 3 (Page 143 of 143)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top