Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/13/2011 11:26:13 PM EDT
I just ran across one of these at Extreme Outfitters, its the complete bolt, carrier, and hammer for an AR, treated with their "dry lube" coating so they SAY it never needs lube...

does anyone have any experience with one of these?  My AR rides around in my trunk all day, and I find myself having to re-grease it every so often because the grease gets vibrated around and collects in certain points, leaving others dry.  Seems like this would be awesome to have, if it actually works...

FailZero AR-15 Kit
Link Posted: 8/14/2011 3:03:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Search the web for Nickel Boron or EXO coating, there is a ton of info out there on these BCGs.
Link Posted: 8/14/2011 7:35:53 AM EDT
[#2]
They work great, mine has never seen a drop of lube and never had a non-ammo related failure.
Link Posted: 8/14/2011 8:18:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
They work great, mine has never seen a drop of lube and never had a non-ammo related failure.

this is your answer.

i have had 3. one of the best functional improvements to the AR platform out there.
Link Posted: 8/15/2011 11:19:20 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:

this is your answer.

i have had 3. one of the best functional improvements to the AR platform out there.

Awesome, its going on the top of the "to buy" list, thanks
Link Posted: 8/15/2011 4:56:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Yep.  They're great.  After a trip to the range shooting suppressed, the BCG wipes clean with just a towel.  I still use a little CLP just because, but that's just a habit I can't break.
Link Posted: 8/15/2011 7:10:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Any difference between the Fail Zero and Spike's Tactical BCG that is coated in nickel boron?

Link Posted: 8/16/2011 2:22:07 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Any difference between the Fail Zero and Spike's Tactical BCG that is coated in nickel boron?

The Spike's is polished, so it's a bit slicker. Plus the Spike's lists pressure testing. I don't know about the FZ, might want to give them a call.

Link Posted: 8/16/2011 4:54:30 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

No.

the polishing doesn't make them "slicker" just more shiny.

Spikes also cares a tiny bit more about cosmetics.

both are individually hpt and mpi.

spikes are cheaper though.
Link Posted: 8/16/2011 5:12:00 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:

No.

the polishing doesn't make them "slicker" just more shiny.

Spikes also cares a tiny bit more about cosmetics.

both are individually hpt and mpi.

spikes are cheaper though.

Well I have a FZ charging handle that is not polished, and I can tell the difference, especially after I polished the contact points on it. Polished EXO coating feels like glass, unpolished feels about like bare aluminum.

Link Posted: 8/16/2011 5:33:26 AM EDT
[#10]
Do those using it get the whole kit with the hammer too?
If so, is it compatible with just mil-spec FCG parts, or aftermarket trigger groups too?
Thanks.

-JC
Link Posted: 8/16/2011 7:41:41 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well I have a FZ charging handle that is not polished, and I can tell the difference, especially after I polished the contact points on it. Polished EXO coating feels like glass, unpolished feels about like bare aluminum.

i think its all in your head.  not to mention it will get polished with use  I have ran a couple polished and un polished... and they all feel like butter to me

Quoted:
Do those using it get the whole kit with the hammer too?
If so, is it compatible with just mil-spec FCG parts, or aftermarket trigger groups too?
Thanks.

-JC

you can use it with or without the hammer... i used it with the hammer in one kit, with a spikes battle trigger set up in another, with an LWRC coated FCG in another and now i am using it with a Geissele S3G.

the hammer is used with a standard FCG is smoother than a standard FCG (keep in mind though that milspec FCGs will smooth on their own with time, and you can't compare them against each other because "feel" will vary from batch to batch and user to user.

the Spikes battle trigger setup is one of my favorites, it is super slick and crisp, but it has a heavy pull (which is is designed for)... using a JP lightweight trigger spring on that made it lighter but more "mushy"

the LWRC is about the same as the Spikes, maybe a TINY bit crisper... but i prefer the way the Spikes feels on my finger (weird i know)

the Geissele is the only non coated hammer i use anymore... and its beautiful and amazing and i love it.   I wish i could afford to drop it into all my ARs.

Sample size of one remember.
Link Posted: 8/16/2011 8:24:24 PM EDT
[#12]
here's a question, what is the difference between the AR-15 kit, and the M16/M4 kit?  is one full auto versus semi auto only?  I can't find any information on their website as to what the difference is...
Link Posted: 8/17/2011 6:58:35 AM EDT
[#13]
anybody ran one of these suppressed?
Link Posted: 8/17/2011 7:07:03 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
here's a question, what is the difference between the AR-15 kit, and the M16/M4 kit?  is one full auto versus semi auto only?  I can't find any information on their website as to what the difference is...

From what i recall, both kits (assuming you buy direct from FZ and not buying through someone else where you risk going through backstock) will include the M16 Carrier... they stopped offerring the semi auto carrier altogether.

The M16 kit will have a full auto hammer.   the AR kit will have a SA hammer.  

Quoted:
anybody ran one of these suppressed?

have not personally, but most of the people who run it suppressed are VERY happy with it.
Link Posted: 8/22/2011 11:53:09 AM EDT
[#15]
Thanks for the answer Durabo. That's what I thought.  I'd like to get the FZ BCG kit one of these days. My plan would be to have it for a suppressed SBR ultimately.

-JC
Top Top